Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Schedule (all times Eastern because that's what nhl.com uses)

MAY 15
Capitals 3, Bruins 2 (OT)

MAY 16
Islanders 4, Penguins 3 (OT)
Wild 1, Golden Knights 0 (OT)
Lightning 5, Panthers 4

MAY 17
Bruins 4, Capitals 3 (OT)
Hurricanes 5, Predators 2
Avalanche 4, Blues 1

MAY 18
Penguins 2, Islanders 1
Lightning 3, Panthers 1
Golden Knights 3, Wild 1

MAY 19
Bruins 3, Capitals 2 (2OT)
Hurricanes 3, Predators 0
Jets 4, Oilers 1
Avalanche 6, Blues 3

MAY 20
Panthers 6, Lightning 5 (OT)
Penguins 5, Islanders 4
Canadiens 2, Maple Leafs 1
Golden Knights 5, Wild 2

MAY 21
Bruins 4, Capitals 1
Predators 5, Hurricanes 4 (2OT)
Jets 1, Oilers 0 (OT)
Avalanche 5, Blues 1

MAY 22
Lightning 6, Panthers 2
Islanders 4, Penguins 1
Maple Leafs 5, Canadiens 1
Golden Knights 4, Wild 0

MAY 23
Predators 4, Hurricanes 3 (2OT)
Avalanche 5, Blues 2
Bruins 3, Capitals 1
Jets 5, Oilers 4 (OT)

MAY 24
Islanders 3, Penguins 2 (2OT)
Maple Leafs 2, Canadiens 1
Panthers 4, Lightning 1
Jets 4, Oilers 3 (3OT)
Wild 4, Golden Knights 2

MAY 25
Maple Leafs 4, Canadiens 0
Hurricanes 3, Predators 2 (OT)

MAY 26
Islanders 5, Penguins 3
Lightning 4, Panthers 0
Wild 3, Golden Knights 0

MAY 27
Canadiens 4, Maple Leafs 3 (OT)
Hurricanes 4, Predators 3 (OT)

MAY 28
Golden Knights 6, Wild 2

MAY 29 & 31
TOR @ MON - 7:30PM (NBCSN/CBC/SportsNet)

MAY 31
hopefully not needed

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Are we doing a prediction thread or just posting predictions here?

Anyways I have:

Boston over Washington in 7
Pittsburgh over NY Islanders in 6

Carolina over Nashville in 6
Florida over Tampa Bay in 7

Colorado over St. Louis in 5
Vegas over Minnesota in 7

Toronto over Montreal in 6
Edmonton over Winnipeg in 5

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pens over Islanders in 6
Cap over Bruins in 7
Hurricanes over the Preds in 5
Panthers over Lightning in 7

Leafs over Habs in 6
Oilers over Jets in 4
Avs over Blues in 5
Knights over Wild in 6

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens over Islanders in 5
Caps over Bruins in 7
Hurricanes over the Preds in 5
Lightning over Panthers in 6

Habs over Leafs in 6
Oilers over Jets in 6
Avs over Blues in 4
Knights over Wild in 5

I have very little confidence in any of these predictions.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 14, 2021

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Has the NHL said much about what they plan to do about the semifinals?*

*I guess they aren't conference finals this year. Just regular ol' semi finals.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

You mean in terms of where they're played? Nothing concrete but it's pretty obvious that unless Canada lifts some restrictions, the Canadian team is going to have to play their home games in the States, probably pick an eliminated team's rink as their home arena.

Also yes, they're officially called Stanley Cup Semifinals this year.

Zat fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 14, 2021

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Yes they're a full reseeding with the top finishing team from the regular season facing the lowest finishing team from the regular season to make it to the semi finals. The intention is to play the semi finals in the regular stadiums rather than a bubble, but Health Canada hasn't yet granted a cross border exemption for it so the Canadian team may be forced to play all the games on the road.

E: to clarify the Canadian team will be given an American non-playoff team's stadium as their 'home' stadium from the semi finals and on if Health Canada doesn't provide an exemption. They wouldn't be playing all their games in their opponent's stadium.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 14, 2021

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

So Kuznetsov and Samsonov already had COVID several months ago and have now been on the list for 11 days.

Is there any other reasonable explanation aside from them having COVID again? I don't really know the ins and outs of the NHL's COVID protocol but it seems like a long time for just quarantine after contact tracing or w/e

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

So Kuznetsov and Samsonov already had COVID several months ago and have now been on the list for 11 days.

Is there any other reasonable explanation aside from them having COVID again? I don't really know the ins and outs of the NHL's COVID protocol but it seems like a long time for just quarantine after contact tracing or w/e

Jayce Hawryluk got covid twice. Once with the Senators at the beginning of the pandemic and again when the Canucks were decimated by an outbreak of the Brazilian variant. I'd wager they have covid again and it's one of the nasty ones.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Jayce Hawryluk got covid twice. Once with the Senators at the beginning of the pandemic and again when the Canucks were decimated by an outbreak of the Brazilian variant. I'd wager they have covid again and it's one of the nasty ones.

Yeah and I know a bunch of Yankees just got re-infected despite getting the J&J vaccine. Though Kuznetsov is a bit of an oddball so it wouldn't surprise me if he declined getting vaccinated.

Losing Samsonov isn't really a big deal but Kuznetsov has been pretty good this year. While I like Lars Eller he's not really a top 6 player and now I guess Michael Raffl is their third line center? Not looking great!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah and I know a bunch of Yankees just got re-infected despite getting the J&J vaccine. Though Kuznetsov is a bit of an oddball so it wouldn't surprise me if he declined getting vaccinated.

Losing Samsonov isn't really a big deal but Kuznetsov has been pretty good this year. While I like Lars Eller he's not really a top 6 player and now I guess Michael Raffl is their third line center? Not looking great!

then again lars filled in for backstrom for like 6 games during the cup run so if you think about it this actually bodes well. yes this is what I'm telling myself

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

The Yankee positive cases were asymptomatic at least. Or mostly so. I think only one of the people who had tested positive had symptoms. So Kuznetsov might not be out that long once he's past the required quarantine period

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
There's no way in hell I am predicting a Leafs win in Round 1. I am not putting that burden on the team.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This is way more 'what I want' than 'what will happen'.

Toronto in 5 games, Habs out.
Edmonton in 6 games, Jets out.

Boston in 7 games, Washington out.
Islanders in 7 games, Pittsburgh out.

Carolina in 5 games, Preds out.
Bolts in 6 games, Panthers out.

Colorado sweeps the Blues.
Wild in 7 games, Vegas out.

Only thing I will predict for sure is...being wrong...and CHAOS.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Boston over Washington in 6
NYI over Pittsburgh in 6

Carolina over Nashville in 4
TB over Florida in 6

Colorado over St. Louis in 6
Vegas over Minnesota in 5

Toronto over Montreal in 5
Edmonton over Winnipeg in 4

Good to see the Blues once again don't have a 7 PM local start time, although I guess game 4 isn't listed on the schedule yet.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Montreal in 7, Caufield scores in OT :getin:
Edmonton in 5, I feel like the Jets can outscore McD and Drai in one game

Boston in 6, someone is gonna get injured badly because of Wilson's poo poo
Pittsburgh in 6, this one's a toss-up as I don't think I have watched a single Islanders game but you can't count out Crosby

Carolina in 4, I have no confidence in Nashville
Florida in 7, having Kucherov and Stamkos back will make a difference but I will will the Panthers to the finals for a 25th anniversary of the '96 finals

Colorado in 6, St. Louis has our number and most of the series is going to be a grind, I was really hoping for Arizona to win out and give us an easy first round
Vegas in 5, Vegas is on fire but Minnesota isn't terrible

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Here's what an RNG predicts:

Divisional Round
Islanders over Pens in 7
Caps over Bruins in 4
Hurricanes over Preds in 6
Panthers over Lightning in 5

Habs over Leafs in 4 (oof sorry Toronto)
Jets over Oilers in 5
Avs over Blues in 4
Knights over Wild in 6

Division Finals
Islanders over Caps in 7
Canes over Panthers in 7

Jets over Habs in 5
Avs over Knights in 6

Semi Finals
Avs over Jets in 5
Islanders over Canes in 7

Cup Finals
Avs over Islanders in 6

(the Islanders play 27 of a possible 28 games, the most ever)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

We skipped red-xing last year because of the play-in and bubble right? Do we want to bring it back?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Leafs in 7
Oilers in 5
Avs in 4
Knights in 5

Isles in 5
Caps in 5
Canes in 5
Lightning in 6

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Stab in the dark:

Boston over Washington in 5

Carolina over Nashville in 6
Tampa over Florida in 7

Colorado over St. Louis in 5
Vegas over Minnesota in 6

Can't decide which of Bruins/Caps, leafs/habs, or Panthers/Lightning I am more excited to watch. Wilson vs Marchand in a dual-career ending tilt? Sure why not. Leafs/habs just for the deranged hysteria surrounding it, don't think it will actually be a very competitive series though (hopefully I'm wrong). And Panthers Lightning duking it out to be king of America's arsehole, will be plenty of feeling in that one. Hell yes, giddy up!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Its very weird because Vegas is definitely in my mind the better team on paper but they ended up going 3-4-1 against Minnesota this season. I think it'll be a tight series for sure.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

soggybagel posted:

Its very weird because Vegas is definitely in my mind the better team on paper but they ended up going 3-4-1 against Minnesota this season. I think it'll be a tight series for sure.

I think the West matchups are probably the best that they could be for extended series. The Blues suck rear end against Vegas but can hang with the Avs for whatever reason.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Leafs in 6
Oilers in 6
Avs in 5
Knights in 7

Isles in 6
Bruins in 6
Canes in 7
Panthers in 7

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hurricanes in 5
Panthers in 7

Penguins in 4
Capitals in 6

Maple Leafs in 5
Oilers in 4

Avalanche in 4
Wild in 6

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I haven't watched much hockey this year or put any thought into this:

Washington over Boston in 7

Nashville over Carolina in 7 (I don't actually think this will happen but it would be funny if they played 9 in a row against each other)

Tampa over Florida in 7

Colorado over St. Louis in 4

Vegas over Minnesota in 5

Montreal over Toronto in 7 after Toronto goes up 3-0 in the first 3.

Edmonton over Winnipeg in 4

Bring on the red Xs!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Boston over Washington in 5

Pittsburgh over NY Islanders in 7

Nashville over Carolina in 7

Florida over Tampa in 7

Colorado over St. Louis in 6

Vegas over Minnesota in 6

Of course, I'm rooting for everyone to do good : )

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
There are a lot Canes listed as 'day to day' on ESPN's injury list. Not sure how badly that reads for them against this current Preds squad...who didn't look terrible in those recent, final games between the two.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
This'll be the only time you hear about him in this thread, but it's amazing how much Jim Benning has made me care so little about hockey these days. Didn't even know the playoffs were about to start until I saw this thread.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Mike Works posted:

This'll be the only time you hear about him in this thread, but it's amazing how much Jim Benning has made me care so little about hockey these days. Didn't even know the playoffs were about to start until I saw this thread.

To be fair this is also an understandable mistake because the Vancouver Canucks are playing a regular season game today.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Good to see the Blues once again don't have a 7 PM local start time, although I guess game 4 isn't listed on the schedule yet.

I think one is an 8:30pm start. hopefully the new TV deal means that the Blues always getting late starts is a thing of the past

(also they expanded capacity for playoff games, meaning that I'm going to be looking for a ticket just to lose my voice yelling gently caress YOU KROENKE over and over again)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Habs in 7
Oilers in 4
Avs in 4
Knights in 6

Penguins in 7
Caps in 5
Canes in 4
Lightning in 6

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BOS in 5
PIT in 6

CAR in 4
TBL in 6

TOR in 5
EDM in 6

VGK in 5
COL in 5

Koopa Kid posted:

We skipped red-xing last year because of the play-in and bubble right? Do we want to bring it back?

Bring forth the Red X, I live for the Red X.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps have everyone back except Kuznetsov and Samsonov who are still on the Covid list or the doghouse list. I honestly don’t know anymore.

There’s now starting to be fan speculation that Kuzy has relapsed and is back on cocaine and maybe introduced Samsonov to it. I want to believe that’s just awful homer blog fan speculation but gently caress me it could be plausible…

:psyduck:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 15, 2021

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Caps have everyone back except Kuznetsov and Samsonov who are still on the Covid list or the doghouse list. I honestly don’t know anymore.

There’s now starting to be fan speculation that Kuzy has relapsed and is back on cocaine and maybe introduced Samsonov to it. I want to believe that’s just awful homer blog fan speculation but gently caress me it could be plausible…

:psyduck:

Players can't just be put on the COVID list for whatever reason. They need to have COVID, or be in quarantine, or waiting for negative tests, or some other protocol related reason.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 15, 2021

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

if kuzy's doing blow again they need to put him back in the lineup immediately

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

After practice today HCPL said he won’t answer questions about Kuzy or Samsonov.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Boston in 6
NY Islanders in 6

Carolina in 5
Florida in 7

Colorado in 4
Minnesota in 7

Montreal in 6
Edmonton in 5

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
the edmonton oilers will win the smythe division playoffs

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I really want to see this Oilers squad play outside the Division, gods willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Lightning will remain King of America’s rear end in a top hat unless the Panthers win the Cup. :colbert: