Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine
Jovenel Moïse assassinated in middle-of-the-night attack at his home

https://news.yahoo.com/haiti-president-mo-se-mortally-101227341.html?ncid=twitter_yahoonewst_sjwumo1bpf4

quote:

The assailants claimed to be agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, according to videos taken by people in the area of the president’s home. Moïse, 53, lives in Pelerin 5, a neighborhood just above the hills in the capital.

On the videos, someone with an American accent is heard saying in English over a megaphone, “DEA operation. Everybody stand down. DEA operation. Everybody back up, stand down.”

quote:

The assailants claimed to be agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, according to videos taken by people in the area of the president’s home. Moïse, 53, lives in Pelerin 5, a neighborhood just above the hills in the capital.

On the videos, someone with an American accent is heard saying in English over a megaphone, “DEA operation. Everybody stand down. DEA operation. Everybody back up, stand down.”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Oh cool. Another US coup. That's just loving great

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine
Rememer this?

March 20 2019

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/20/haiti-president-mercenary-operation/

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yes I'm sure the DEA is assassinating a head of state because ?????

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Because Ben Ghazi, man. C'mon, connect the dots!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
sucks

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Im the new president AMA

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

no, but what are you implying?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

low key sex master posted:

More just the last, I dunno, 150 years of US foreign policy and such

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

so youre couping the guy you couped to put him on top?

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
oh gently caress

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

low key sex master posted:

he was one day from retirement so obviously now was the time to strike, with people with loudspeakers announcing they are from the US. it makes perfect sense

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

runnypoops posted:

Im the new president AMA

how much u want for a giraffe outta yr zoo?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mozi posted:

he was one day from retirement so obviously now was the time to strike, with people with loudspeakers announcing they are from the US. it makes perfect sense

Absolutely! I know when the US overthrows other countries leaders they announce it via loudspeaker beforehand. In fact, it's well known that the US publicizes its operations via both newspaper and internet postings when they're finalized. They even sent bin Laden a text saying "lol ur gonna die" like five minutes before they landed in Abottabod. In fact when they landed people heard them scream "THIS IS SEAL TEAM SIX AND WE'RE HERE TO KILL YOU OSAMA BIN LADEN!"

It's just 150 years of US foreign policy man

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
guessing there will be a 'ladies and gentlemen, we got'im' press conference later today

i haven't been keeping up with politics there so had to refresh myself with what was up:

quote:

On top of the pandemic and a faltering economy, Haiti was undergoing a constitutional power struggle stemming from a chaotic election which saw Moise only sworn in 15 months after a first-round vote. As a result, he had said his five-year term would run until February 2022, while the opposition said his term ended last February.

Moise, 53, had governed by decree since January 2020, when parliamentary terms expired without elections being held. The opposition had said he was illegally amassing power and enacting laws in violation of the constitution. Moise responded to the claims by saying he was “not a dictator.”

This week, Moises appointed Henry Ariel as Prime Minister, though he hasn’t formally taken the role yet, and Claude Joseph is still acting on an interim basis.

so it seems like it was kind of a shitshow before this happened

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

runnypoops posted:

Im the new president AMA

can i be minister of weed, can we have a weed ministry

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Ventral EggSac posted:

can i be minister of weed, can we have a weed ministry

Absolutley, youre Minister of Weed

Im President of drat!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s coups all the way down

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Much like when the CIA put up barracades in front of the JFK parade and announced "Everyone except the president, please get down, this is the CIA. Please, look at our CIA badges and shirts. We're here to do some shooting." It seems almost TOO simple...

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Big Beef City posted:

Much like when the CIA put up barracades in front of the JFK parade and announced "Everyone except the president, please get down, this is the CIA. Please, look at our CIA badges and shirts. We're here to do some shooting." It seems almost TOO simple...

Hehe i get this. a champagne glass ching-ching to you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

You never forget what you were doing when you heard the news…

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

nobody in their right mind (or even the CIA) would want haiti for any reason to the point where its a negative chance it was them

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think it's rude to kill people

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
[Joe Biden voice] They see me coupin' they Haiti'n.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I think it's rude to kill people

What about Hitler

Would it be rude to kill Hitler

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Move everyone from Haiti into Little Haiti and give the defoliated mess remaining to the Dominican Republic.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

GolfHole posted:

nobody in their right mind (or even the CIA) would want haiti for any reason to the point where its a negative chance it was them

Napoleon did, and look where that got him.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

So I guess the takeaway is that the former president of Haiti had information that would have led to the arrest and conviction of Hillary Clinton?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Wrong! It was just an ordinary suicide and HRC had nothing to do with it!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Clearly he had information that would lead to immediate arrest of HRC

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Clinton Foundation does a lot of work in Haiti

Bill and KILLARY Clinton have been to Haiti multiple times

:tinfoil:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The US and/or France deposes Haitian governments every few years, it's practically a hobby.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The funny thing is that I can't decide if the US government would be stupid enough to announce who they were while assassinating foreign heads of state. On the surface it's the dumbest scam possibly imagined, on the other hand there's literally piles of history of the government doing mind numbingly stupid acts in foreign states.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I declare myself president of Haiti.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I hope this doesn't do anything to destabilize Haiti

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cspam posters believe it was indeed the us and they're way smarter than me so it looks like the imperialists have struck again

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Schweinhund posted:

I declare myself president of Haiti.

ima oust you dog

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

cspam posters believe it was indeed the us and they're way smarter than me so it looks like the imperialists have struck again

CSPAM posters believe that a rotten ham sandwich is an imperialist trick to give everyone food poisoning

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Wait, it's not?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Wait I thought runnypoops was now president of Haiti, as of like the seventh post itt?

Did runnypoops get shot by the DEA as well? :ohdear: