Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:
:rip: https://isgrudengoneyet.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i really thought isgrudengoneyet.com spawned on here somehow

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

JPrime posted:

i really thought isgrudengoneyet.com spawned on here somehow

Our very own TITTIEKISSER69 named it, and another person put it up.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Ok week 6 can't POSSIBLY be better than week 5 right?

I pretty sure the NFL is run by a cabal of terrible and evil people, but by golly these games have just been mindblowing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Ok week 6 can't POSSIBLY be better than week 5 right?

I pretty sure the NFL is run by a cabal of terrible and evil people, but by golly these games have just been mindblowing.

We have differing opinions of how fun this week was

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

kiimo posted:

We have differing opinions of how fun this week was

I mean what about the X Factor getting knocked out?

Something for everyone!

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

We're still having the people can change conversation like Gruden isn't paid millions of dollars and is the face of a massive brand, that poo poo would get a high school principle fired and the stakes are much higher for him. Yes people can change but if you're extremely high profile it doesn't matter that an individual can change, the choice is between tolerating it or removing him. Not to mention the NFL head office was definitely screaming at Davis to make a decision.

If Gruden wants to prove he can change, then he has the rest of his life to use his money, fame, and influence to directly benefit those he was poo poo talking. I always kind of liked him as a personality but I doubt he does it or even attempts it. The dude was an insensitive nerd alert style jock growing up, never changed, and got to pretend that it had no consequences.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 12, 2021

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
These baller Primetime games are absolutely laying waste to my sleep schedule

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Athanatos posted:

It was me, and I apologize for the brief delay but it is now updated appropriately

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

It was me, and I apologize for the brief delay but it is now updated appropriately

Oh man I was hoping you'd leave up some final numbers for posterity

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

Oh man I was hoping you'd leave up some final numbers for posterity

It was all just (bad) css math, is there something you'd want on there specifically?

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/index_old.html

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Azhais posted:

Brilliant, and well done.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
is it too early to flex games? because this might be homer bias, but ravens-chargers seems entire magnitudes more watchable than seahawks-steelers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thank you Azhais. Your work was a spectacular moment of internet lore. The fact it got mentioned in actual reporting when Gruden signed that deal was perfect.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Athanatos posted:

Azhais posted:

:tipshat: honored to sport this feather in my cap. Cheers to you both!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

It was all just (bad) css math, is there something you'd want on there specifically?

https://isgrudengoneyet.com/index_old.html

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Azhais posted:

:lol:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm gonna blame Carson Wentz for the Colts loss

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

A big flaming stink posted:

is it too early to flex games? because this might be homer bias, but ravens-chargers seems entire magnitudes more watchable than seahawks-steelers

Flex is an option for weeks 5-10, but can only occur twice in that timeframe apparently. If the same Ravens’ D shows up this Sunday though they’re gonna get boatraced so it might not be much to watch.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Azhais posted:

Thank you for your service :patriot:

Best thread title btw

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I can't say this was the coach resignation I was expecting to wake up to.

gently caress Gruden, I'm glad he's gone.

Maybe the Raiders will hire someone competent and actually challenge nowbahahahaha no I'm sorry we'll be a dumpster fire forever.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mark Davis calls a press conference Wednesday to announce that the Raiders have hired a new head coach, and his name is Mark Davis.

*dramatic daytime soap opera pipe organ music*

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Anyone going to the London game this week? If so, message me, love to meet up!

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I was really over Gruden's playcalling and this ticky tack west coast checkdown on 3rd and 12 BS, so hopefully Mark goes with somebody who isn't a boring retread who only hires retreads as coordinators, and the Raiders actually start to get good. I'm not sad to see him go but hopefully this whole event doesn't usher in a thousand years of darkness.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gonz posted:

Mark Davis calls a press conference Wednesday to announce that the Raiders have hired a new head coach, and his name is Mark Davis.

*dramatic daytime soap opera pipe organ music*

I would unironically watch Mark as the head coach, think about how loving funny that'd be

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1447880781846781953?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I feel like the Ravens right now are in this weird spot where I think we have a chance to beat anyone...but we also can lose to just about anyone even the worst teams.

I think at this point the Ravens ought to just run a spread offense or something and completely abandon the running game outside Lamar Jackson. Because these backs and run blockers just aren't getting it done. And now we don't have a dumb record to worry about. And just develop guys like Duvernay, Proche, Bateman and even Boykin. I think that will do us better in the future once our real running game gets back.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 12, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

My friend is a German NFL fan and if they set it in Bavaria they won't go, lmao

If this is in Munich the stadium might make 50 percent capacity

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I feel like the Ravens right now are in this weird spot where I think we have a chance to beat anyone...but we also can lose to just about anyone even the worst teams.

I think at this point the Ravens ought to just run a spread offense or something and completely abandon the running game outside Lamar Jackson. Because these backs and run blockers just aren't getting it done. And now we don't have a dumb record to worry about. And just develop guys like Duvernay, Proche, Bateman and even Boykin. I think that will do us better in the future once our real running game gets back.

You will run the ball for 190 yards against the chargers and like it, buddy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Forrest on Fire posted:

My friend is a German NFL fan and if they set it in Bavaria they won't go, lmao

If this is in Munich the stadium might make 50 percent capacity

So… Frankfurt will have the biggest draw?

I'm genuinely curious what European cities are actually clamoring to host NFL games.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I would like to thank Athanatos for the AV update.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm gonna blame Carson Wentz for the Colts loss

I thought he played pretty well last night.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He did the colts played conservatively and the ravens remembered the colts D is dead

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

They're the Chiefs except they've come out lucky rather than unlucky, IMO.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm genuinely curious what European cities are actually clamoring to host NFL games.

It's as though everyone has memory holed nfl Europe so hard that it never existed.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Frankfurt has a better chance. Munich's arena is too large and hosts (one of) the like 3 best clubs in the world. They're not going to go out and watch what amounts to more complicated less violent rugby.

Dusseldorf would have been nice, it's where the Rhein Fire played and had the larger concentration of fans for NFL Europe.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Our defense is better than KC its mainly that we have a horrendous middle of the field. Some luck involved but you cant discount the amazing efforts to win these games. I just cant call a rushing reliant team that lost its top two backs "lucky"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Asproigerosis posted:

It's as though everyone has memory holed nfl Europe so hard that it never existed.

I remember NFL Europe from my days of playing Madden!

Then again, I was just curious how the NFL's interest in the continent was doing since NFL Europe folded. Is a lot of it still from expatriates/military folks stationed in Europe?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sounds right. Main difference is that folks have figured out the Chiefs QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I remember NFL Europe from my days of playing Madden!

Then again, I was just curious how the NFL's interest in the continent was doing since NFL Europe folded. Is a lot of it still from expatriates/military folks stationed in Europe?
I can only imagine it's worse since nfl europe folded. American hegemony's dying cloud.