Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

This is a thread for left handed people. We are the few, the brave, the strong.

We are the salt of the earth.

How left handed are you? Left handed people understand this question is complicated, as we have learned to adapt to a world not suited for us.

Yet, we thrive.

In kindergarten, I was assigned a special teacher to help me learn to cut things properly with scissors. For six months I had to cut things out from paper daily for reasons I did not understand at the time. My teacher and my parents had a conference about it. It turned out, I was using right handed scissors with my left hand.

I play right handed guitar because it makes more sense to fret with my dominant hand.

I bat, and swing, and play hockey left handed, yet I catch with my right hand. My left handed friend catches with his left and throws with his right, and bats right handed.

How left handed are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My writing with my left hand looks like garbage.

My writing with my right hand looks like someone gave a pen a parrot and it dragged it along a piece of paper.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Fartington Butts posted:

My writing with my left hand looks like garbage.

My writing with my right hand looks like someone gave a pen a parrot and it dragged it along a piece of paper.

I've never met a left handed person with good handwriting. It always looks like poo poo and your hand gets filthy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am a lefty but i play guitar and gold right and i was a bad switch hitter when i played baseball

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

For right handed people, it is like their entire lives are dictated by the usability of their right hand.

For left handed people, we tend to switch back and forth for various things. Is it because we are objectively more capable than right handed people?

Probably

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Poasty posted:

I've never met a left handed person with good handwriting. It always looks like poo poo and your hand gets filthy

How does it work for languages that write right to left? Are there a lot of really smug left-handed Arabic-speakers?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Tree Bucket posted:

How does it work for languages that write right to left? Are there a lot of really smug left-handed Arabic-speakers?

I hope so, and I hope that those people post in this thread

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

If you were playing baseball and everything was the same except you had to round the bases counter clockwise, every infielder would have to be left handed to maximise efficiency

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
In this club. I do some things the 'right' way round, like cutlery, so not extremely dominant. On the other hand (ahaha) I have to stop and consider which way is left/ right every single time, so I don't drive...

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
everything left handed except tennis, because when i took tennis lessons in the 80s the instructor was like girl you gotta stop being weird

joke's on him, i'm still weird

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to show you a video. It is about Street Fighter 3 the 2nd strike.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Zeluth posted:

I want to show you a video. It is about Street Fighter 3 the 2nd strike.

Is the second strike performed by the left hand?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Ad by Khad posted:

everything left handed except tennis, because when i took tennis lessons in the 80s the instructor was like girl you gotta stop being weird

joke's on him, i'm still weird

gently caress that guy

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Peg Sliderskew posted:

In this club. I do some things the 'right' way round, like cutlery, so not extremely dominant. On the other hand (ahaha) I have to stop and consider which way is left/ right every single time, so I don't drive...

When you try to make an "L' with the thumb and pointer finger on both hands, the left hand makes an L and the right hand makes the backwards L so there you go I hope that helps

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I heard in a podcast that left handed people were more likely to be schizophrenic.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

PoPcornTG posted:

I heard in a podcast that left handed people were more likely to be schizophrenic.

A right handed person probably said that

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

right-hand propaganda

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i write left handed but stab right handed. i have decent hand writing but my stabbing skills could use a lot of work.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Ad by Khad posted:

right-hand propaganda

They even call it our "rights"

I'm still waiting on what my "lefts" are and whatever they will be I will take pride in

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i write left handed but stab right handed. i have decent hand writing but my stabbing skills could use a lot of work.

Try dual wielding

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

more like ambiDORKstrous

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
The handful of times I've seen my dad use a computer he's gripped that fuckin mouse with his left hand, what a power move. Me I just settle with being poo poo at mouse drawing when it comes my turn in some kind of pictionary web game with internet friends.
e: and yeah my handwriting loving sucks lmao also love when the bank pen chain is kind of too short to write with your left hand

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Ad by Khad posted:

more like ambiDORKstrous

My grandfather was ambidextrous because the nuns would always gently caress up his left hand so he couldn't use it properly. My father had to explain that to me because my grandfather only spoke French

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

more like ambiDORKstrous

im going to punch you with both hands at the same time.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

When you're the only left handed person and learning sports the teacher or coach has to like single you out and explain that everything they just said doesn't apply to you

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im a lefty with everything but computer mouses and scissors.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Poasty posted:

When you try to make an "L' with the thumb and pointer finger on both hands, the left hand makes an L and the right hand makes the backwards L so there you go I hope that helps

Good idea, but I think doing that while driving would be dangerous. If only because of getting beaten up when other drivers think I'm insulting them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Greetings, comrades

Our time will come

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

war isnt about who is right

only who is left

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

As a right handed person, I wanted to make this thread for you people as well.

Thank you for making this considerably less awkward.

I'll be over here making sure no uh, right handed people get in.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
*bursts into thread*

RIGHT HAND SUPREMACY!!

*rearranges ur desk to be inconvenient*

:twisted:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Songbearer posted:

*bursts into thread*

RIGHT HAND SUPREMACY!!

*rearranges ur desk to be inconvenient*

:twisted:

dont say that part out loud, herr songkrieger

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think we should consider putting the ambi's in here as well

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It was wii sports that really made me realise how fucky my left handedness is

Had bowling, boxing and tennis as left, then golf and baseball as right. I write with my left also

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
I'm a lefty when spanking it and need to scroll through a video to get to the juicy bits

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I write, eat, and play air guitar left-handed. When I surf or snowboard I'm regular (left foot forward so the right or "dominant" foot steers). I play guitar right handed because it's easier.

Growing up my parents got me both a right and left-handed glove for baseball until we decided I was less worse throwing with my right hand...it wasn't much better than my left hand throw. My hand writing is atrocious. I say that I realized in 4th grade (1994) that computers were the way of the future and I gave up on handwriting but the truth is it just sucks.

I felt most comfortable using left-handed scissors but there where only two for the classroom and 3 of us were left handed.

Don't even get me started on desks that only had handrests on the right side....it's why I did so poorly on my ACTs.

We are a persecuted people. I seat myself first at dinner so I don't bump anyone.

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 24, 2021

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
It took me 32 years to finally break down and buy a pair of left handed scissors. I am 34 now. Now cutting is so simple, I hate myself for waiting so long.

Has anyone ever seen a right handed person attempt to throw a ball with their left hand? it is hilarious, they might as well just be spiking the ball into the ground. However, being a lefty and attempting to throw with my right hand, I can actually get the ball quite a distance instead of almost directly into the ground. Like others have said, seems like us leftys' have better use with our right hand than those that are rightys' have with their left.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lurk Ethic posted:

I'm a lefty when spanking it and need to scroll through a video to get to the juicy bits

This is the one post itt that rings of truth

Other than the other goon than couldn't figure out virtual t ball

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

PoPcornTG posted:

you're Australian so i'm going to assume this was do go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Some Guy From NY posted:

It took me 32 years to finally break down and buy a pair of left handed scissors. I am 34 now. Now cutting is so simple, I hate myself for waiting so long.

This is how righty society abuses us, keeps us trapped in its dynamic

Congratulations on your new life!