Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sometimes it's hard to do the most basic of things. I feel like that a lot. A whole lot. And it's depressing. I'm sure a lot of you struggle with similar issues. How about we all take the time out of our day to celebrate ourselves for our minor accomplishments.

I took a shower today! It's been a while. I feel much better after showering. I should do this more often.

For later today, I bought a new electric toothbrush and I'm going to do the full timed 2 minutes to get my teeth really clean. Then I'm going to snow blow my driveway. That'll suck but I have to remember that it's not just for me but the people who walk on my sidewalk and the mailman who needs to get to my porch.

Maybe that's not the most productive of days but at least it's me putting in the effort to be slightly less of a piece of poo poo. So what have you guys done that is a minor accomplishment for your day?

Let's celebrate! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I keep walking uphills as fast as I can for like about an hour a day every day. I do stretches and wall push ups too. My legs are pretty loving strong and my arms look better. :)

Now if I could just quit eating so much

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I resisted the urge to the post the stupid joke that came into my head after I read the thread title.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i cleaned out the fridge and im having my mom and older brother over for dinner with the fam

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
I got out of bed

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I paid the bills.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
theres this armchair in my house that was once owned by a millionaire

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I masturbated to Angela White last night instead of hentai

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

good stuff op. if i don't feel able to scrape together the ability to do something basic like folding clothes or washing dishes i try to fool myself that i'll just do one shirt or plate or whatever. once i'm doing something it's easier to keep going.

idk if that applies directly to snowblowing a driveway but you could say you'll do one blast of air or something.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I finally managed to straighten up/clean/slightly rearrange my bedroom and set up my bed yesterday after having bought a new mattress and box spring on Black Friday. I’ve been sleeping on the couch since November because I didn’t have the time or will to set anything up.

Gonna take two days for the memory foam to fully swell up to its normal size, but my couch is comfortable to sleep in for the time being.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I absolutely hate the dentist, but made an appointment to go later this month. It’s been 2 years since I last had a cleaning. I’m dreading it.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i managed to get most of my poo poo into the toilet this time

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I absolutely hate the dentist, but made an appointment to go later this month. It’s been 2 years since I last had a cleaning. I’m dreading it.

poo poo. I have to do this too. I got drunk and missed my last two appointments so I really need to make a new one and actually go to it.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Yeah if I make it to the appointment it will be another minor accomplishment I’ll be proud of

But baby steps you know

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
hosed up teeth can ruin your entire body. My mom is 74 and is having teeth problems and she's in a ton of pain all the time. I don't want to be like that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Got my rear end to the supermarket today.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Took the Xmas decorations out to the garage and checked how my "Brexit stash" of tinned goods was doing - half of it expired and now binned. Yay?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

didn't piss or poo poo my pants at all today

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I made this post instead of just lurking! :) :toot:

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I washed all the bedding! And found a second fitted sheet I didn’t realize I had.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I got an achivement in aoe2de that only .3% of people have

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i made a whole bunch of dumplings i made spicy ginger chicken ones and i made some pork and cabbage and garlic ones, and i made some scrimps and mushrooms ones

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Milo and POTUS posted:

losing the the AI on easiest is not what I would consider an accomplishment

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Getting my second glass triangle as 2021 Technician of the Year. Nobody kills bugs deader than me.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

there's something in the pipes that makes the toilets here absolutely filthy somehow and after months of ignoring it i finally went apeshit with pumice and iron out and got those thing spotless

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i am so loving good at parallel parking

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i understand how four way stops work on like, a really deep level

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I cleaned up on top of one of our storage cabinets and threw out about 20 pounds of garbage.

I am helping my friend with his movie podcast; we just did a recording today, it's our third, and his tenth. Now to get some listeners.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

How did you get the camera to look up the hoplite's tunic? I've been trying for hours.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Szyznyk posted:

Getting my second glass triangle as 2021 Technician of the Year. Nobody kills bugs deader than me.

Arlen can rest easy knowing Dale Gribble Rusty Shackelford Szyznyk keeps their homes and businesses safe from pests

j/k that’s good as hell fellow goon

anyway, I’m working on a load of dishes for the washer, will update the thread as is warranted

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Put away the Christmas stuff. That was a to-do and I'm loving glad it's over.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I won a state wide essay contest in 9th grade and got 500 bucks and met Ben Stein. I bought a Dreamcast and little sleek looking wooden gamer stand thing for a console + a CRT with built-in little storage spaces for cartridges, cd's and controllers. My life has pretty much been downhill since then. I've never been published again.

I guess a few years ago I produced an ad that played on screens in a big box club store.

I trashed a Bank of America vestibule and never got in trouble for it.

I got a reply from Jeff Bezos's secretary saying that no, he will not send me money but good luck.

I got my wife pregnant in one shot, twice. But that's also on her stellar innards. Still - good cum.

Oh and the bassist from The Good Life and the cellist from Murder by Death called my wife cute.

Oh and I've seen what happens after we die.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Been sober since thankgsiving and managed not to drink while my moms been in the hospital this week. i dont think ive ever been not drunk throughout the holidays since i was born lol

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I cleaned up on top of one of our storage cabinets and threw out about 20 pounds of garbage.

I am helping my friend with his movie podcast; we just did a recording today, it's our third, and his tenth. Now to get some listeners.

I'd listen to your guys podcast.

I paid the rent, did the job I hate going to, picked up my buddy so he didn't have to walk in the -6 degree freezing cold and took him to the grocery store. Cleaned up the boys cage and gave them cuddles and pets.

I know iceberg isn't great for them but I got like 7 pounds of it free from work since my coworker won't use the yellow inside leaves aka the best parts.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I have never lost to any member of my family at boggle, we play maybe 4-5 times a year. I don't think I'm like a pro player or anything but my family is pretty competitive when it comes to board games but they've so far been unable to dethrone me.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Jerked off and smoked (vaped) weed on airplanes a bunch of time.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i won a $50 dollar gift card for doing a good customer service :)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Szyznyk posted:

Plebian Parasite posted:

I have never lost to any member of my family at boggle, we play maybe 4-5 times a year. I don't think I'm like a pro player or anything but my family is pretty competitive when it comes to board games but they've so far been unable to dethrone me.

Wow, Dale Gribble and Peggy Hill posting in the same thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I spent the week slowly sorting through my poo poo and getting my little workshop operational. Hung up lights and a monitor and put 5 years of mess in a semi-reasonable state. Now I have to do my electronics lab side, it's a loving mess.