Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

because he has covid you see

Also, Huberdeau leads the league in points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I’m putting a shameless re post since we have a new thread to come join womens hockey thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992535&perpage=40&noseen=1

Come watch USA and Canada beat each other to a pulp.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Huh, interesting
https://twitter.com/HockeyStatMiner/status/1488967575161741315?cxt=HHwWhoC5-dyH8KkpAAAA

Lafreniere definitely has a ways to go to get better (mainly being more confident making plays and such with the puck I think, and getting stronger to play the board game he tries to play) but it's pretty interesting his 5v5 goal scoring has actually been pretty darn good for a guy who has gotten inconsistent top six time. He also gets such little PP time, it'd be interesting to see where he kind of panned out on the "1st overall pick" scale if he was leaned on like some others (force fed icetime and PP time)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Hope everyone enjoys Tom Wilson at the ASG!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

Huh, interesting
https://twitter.com/HockeyStatMiner/status/1488967575161741315?cxt=HHwWhoC5-dyH8KkpAAAA

Lafreniere definitely has a ways to go to get better (mainly being more confident making plays and such with the puck I think, and getting stronger to play the board game he tries to play) but it's pretty interesting his 5v5 goal scoring has actually been pretty darn good for a guy who has gotten inconsistent top six time. He also gets such little PP time, it'd be interesting to see where he kind of panned out on the "1st overall pick" scale if he was leaned on like some others (force fed icetime and PP time)

Sure Lafreniere might get better one day but JT Miller is JT Miller today! Buy now!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

ThinkTank posted:

Sure Lafreniere might get better one day but JT Miller is JT Miller today! Buy now!

but will he be JT Miller tomorrow? :thunk:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
My forums pet peeve is when old threads don't link to new threads

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

camoseven posted:

My forums pet peeve is when old threads don't link to new threads

hand knit is a dumbass

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

but will he be JT Miller tomorrow? :thunk:

If there's one thing that the last two years have taught us, it's to grab life by the reins. Take a chance. Be spontaneous. Live for the moment because tomorrow may not be as bright as it seems. Here at the Vancouver Canucks we understand how challenging times have been. That's why we're offering JT Miller at a low, low introductory price of just $5.25m a year ($437.5k/month). JT Miller: Chris Kreider performance at a Ryan Strome price.*

*Price valid through to June 30, 2023. Price after this date is $7.75m a year ($645,833.33/month) with a minimum contract length of 7 years. Introductory rate does not include set up cost of one 1st round pick and an underperforming top prospect. Set up cost subject to change without warning. All deals are final.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Levitate posted:

Huh, interesting

drat can't believe Ovi couldn't even crack 10 even strength goals..... embarrassing

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

no wonder tom wilson is an all-star and he isn't

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Well this is frustrating as hell:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1488937220484386817

Without knowing more about the injury, tough to tell the specific moment during this-
https://mobile.twitter.com/SpokedZ/status/1487954232607133702

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ovechkin had 28 even strength goals in his first season in the NHL, which is less than 101 games!

Edit: I counted. Ovechkin had 36 even strength goals in his first 101 games.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

romanowski posted:

drat can't believe Ovi couldn't even crack 10 even strength goals..... embarrassing

Kaprizov has 7 more games to catch Matthew’s, but he’s 2nd on that list at 28 goals 5v5 after 94 games. Seems like that contract is probably pretty close to what it should be and we’re only half a season into it.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jhet posted:

Kaprizov has 7 more games to catch Matthew’s, but he’s 2nd on that list at 28 goals 5v5 after 94 games. Seems like that contract is probably pretty close to what it should be and we’re only half a season into it.

Kaprizov wasn't drafted 1OA during salary cap era and including 10 year vets would be weird.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
and because I'm looking, Pastrnak had 29 ES goals in his first 101 games.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ovechkin out there licking door posts to avoid the ASG?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Kaprizov wasn't drafted 1OA during salary cap era and including 10 year vets would be weird.

Maybe that’s the problem. 1OA doesn’t mean anything really. Unless it means you’re going to have high expectations and get no time to develop your game at that size and speed. Any comparison breaks down when you even expand to first round because the other guys will get an extra season in college or the AHL or somewhere. It means even less when most 1OA end up on teams in the basement.

Lafreniere is putting up plenty of goals and he’s 20 and poorly utilized. If he were on my team I’d be less worried about that number and more worried about why his assist numbers are so low compared to his time in Rimouski. PP time aside, they don’t track. He was 1:2 and now he’s 2:1. I’d think it’s probably because he’s been shoved on the third line instead of playing him with people who can also put the puck in the net consistently. If he had more time in the top 6, more PP time, or had even had a year in the AHL, this might look a lot different.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

Ovechkin out there licking door posts to avoid the ASG?

Just spend a day with Kuznetsov and Samsonov and you'll pop a poz

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

Just spend a day with Kuznetsov and Samsonov and you'll snort some coke

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Rangers missing Fox and Kakko and Chytil and not playing Nils and against the Panthers...and somehow they've had only their 2nd 5v5 +50% xG game in 2 months. Wild.

Definitely rooting for a full series of that, though. The Panthers play insanely offensive heavy. Makes the Rangers a good matchup against them (as good as they can be with their 5v5 struggles) and it was extremely entertaining.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Blackhawks having a town hall tonight, how did it go you ask?

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/1489034908165197833

Rocky can and absolutely should go gently caress himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKhHtrUUVQ&t=2038s Happens at about 34:00.

This is just disgusting.

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 3, 2022

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Holy crap, that outburst from Wirtz is pathetic.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Just watched that. It’s pathetic.

https://twitter.com/wallmaz35/status/1489037938092646402?s=21

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
christ

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
What an incredible rear end in a top hat

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Interesting PR strategy, let's see how this plays out.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
why is wirtz so pissy

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
For the thousandth time, the investigators that Rocky Wirtz paid for to investigate the Kyle Beach allegations found that everybody in management at the top knew except for the owner!

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
The stirling legacy of the Wirtz family is in serious jeopardy after that

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
We’re not talking about 2010! Unless it’s about us hiring Sharp and Hossa from the 2010 team to be part of our front office last week

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

rich boomers are the biggest babies in the history of western civilization

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That is appalling

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Trash.

Just complete shameful, childish, evasive, irresponsible trash.

gently caress Rocky Wirtz and gently caress the Blackhawks until they clean house and make appropriate restitution.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
the depressing part is that it was a softball lob.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The funniest part is Danny clearly wanted to answer and could have.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Duckman2008 posted:

I’m putting a shameless re post since we have a new thread to come join womens hockey thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3992535&perpage=40&noseen=1

Come watch USA and Canada beat each other to a pulp.

I have moved this thread to the now open Olympic subforum, for those of you who went looking for it in the forums index. Relatedly, the Olympic subforum is now open.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I haven't watched the Coyotes in a long rear end time. are they always this awful???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
No

Usually they're worse