Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like they seemed normal and then things went to poo poo for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I post on this website, so yes

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I know a girl that was normal till she got into an argument with a guy and her and her boyfriend killed him and his his body in the woods. She was an accountant.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Several. A few in the way of "everything was going alright, until you decided to double down on stupid bullshit". Cryptobros come to mind as a whole archetype of this exact kind of person.

Some of them just stayed hosed up until they died.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ya OP, ur mom

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Dude wrote a terrible fantasy novel, then quit his job to self-publish and try to sell his book exclusively at anime cons. It didn’t work out the way he hoped.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

i look in a mirror at least once a day op

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Doc Fission posted:

i look in a mirror at least once a day op

gently caress you beat me

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

A buddy of mine married and had two kids with a chick that turned into a huge junkie that couldn't even bother to show up to her custody hearing. She's been in and out of jail and sees her kids maybe once every other year. Addiction is a motherfucker but I knew she was bad news when I first met her.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I met a dude who crashed a golf cart with me in it on the job. He was already on probation when we both got hired and he was dead about two years after they fired him. I don't actually know why, but he was an opioid user before prison so I'm guessing that

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

yep ginseng related murder

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I let a bad boyfriend ruin my life. The worst part is I knew he was a bad guy but he was exciting and vivid and great in bed.
I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not. :(

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah I usually see that they’re a piece of poo poo and just keep it light and casual and then be like “oh drat, really?” when their golden streak turns into a poo poo smear. :hmmyes:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

Dude wrote a terrible fantasy novel, then quit his job to self-publish and try to sell his book exclusively at anime cons. It didn’t work out the way he hoped.

I was going to ask if this was the Felsic Current guy, but I'm pretty sure there are way too many guys with this exact story

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Antivehicular posted:

I was going to ask if this was the Felsic Current guy, but I'm pretty sure there are way too many guys with this exact story

Was also wondering this.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I work in an ER so I see the results of bad choices day in and day out. It's like 90% of our business. Heart attacks and strokes are actually really rare.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A friend from childhood killed himself and 3 others driving drunk

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yes except he was also the only kid I knew that would get in like fistfights in grade 7 and 8 so I guess in retrospect he was a fuckin weirdo already

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

Antivehicular posted:

That’s the very rear end in a top hat I’m referring to.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Who hasn’t OP?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i know a lot of heroin addicts and failed artists.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Brother Tadger posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Brother Tadger posted:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yes

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I started playing eve in 2007 op.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I went pretty hard trying to gently caress up my own life so I'd have an excuse to opt out. Sadly for past me I didn't do a great job, and am now doing pretty well in life for the first time ever and it's pretty nice :)

I watched a lot of people over the years gently caress up their lives. Watching people do it now, knowing exactly what's going to happen cause I've seen it over and over and not being able to say anything because they won't listen. Someone I vaguely knew recently ostracised themself from their entire friend group for someone they are infatuated with, someone who is clearly not thinking about the long term. They got engaged after knowing each other for three months. You know it'll go poorly.

I had a former housemate who decided that they'd try and live the high life while being unemployed, buying poo poo they couldn't afford and racking up massive debt. They also nuked their friendships because anyone who questioned it was attacking them. They're now under a fucktonne of debt and no one to bail them out.

And lastly, another person who became so creepily obsessed with another friend, to the point of sending love letters on facebook shared only with them, and then deleting them as soon as they were seen, trying to get into any sort of social event they were at, etc etc, and when they didn't reciprocate attempting to tell everyone that their love was evil and abusive, despite them never wanting to even be near them. Unfortunately for them everyone was watching this unfold with eyes not fixed solely on their obsession, so it just became another nuked thing.

I've seen way too many people who double down over and over, and it starts out as the smallest, dumbest thing, until they end up deciding to move to another city because they are known as far too toxic. Having to start your life over, because you can't admit you might be wrong.

It's pretty funny after a while tbh. Sad, but kind of funny.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Had a friend and his wife rack up massive debts via credit cards shortly after they got married. The new stuff was beat up and broken and I'm not sure they ever paid off the cards. They go from church to church begging for help. They join, get to know people and then lay out their sob story. Once they get something they move on. I have no idea where they are now. He had slightly more brain power than a potted plant and I don't think she was much better.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
personally, i've only ever met well-adjusted people who are totally in touch with reality.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
i stayed in a psych ward for about a week so i met a good few

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

corn haver posted:

personally, i've only ever met well-adjusted people who are totally in touch with reality.

Wow, you're a loser lmao

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

The annoying little poo poo who lived next door to me who used to climb the fence and steal stuff from my yard and I would have to go over and steal it back all the time ended up getting caught with cp and did some time and is on the registry and poo poo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My dad. :(

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

My brother

needs to learn to swipe left

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buddy they don't even let me gently caress it up

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Buddy...

E: fb

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Yes, and it’s terrible. Like all the time bad things are happening to you? You have the worst luck ever? It’s just constant. I don’t know how to help.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I mean have I met myself? If so yeah.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Country and blues is good if you want some hosed up life stories, as long as you don't mind all the whiskey and dogs and trucks

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
guy i knew sold meth to a cop and after he got out he got hisself killed trying to board a moving freight train

e: that was a tough funeral because he had a LOT of friends in common with me and I wrote him off the first time I met the guy. Very good looking, charismatic, seemed intelligent but I guess I could sense something was off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Brother Tadger posted: