Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It sucked. Why would anyone want to work in an office again if they can work at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I hate the way working from home doesn't let me disconnect fully from work.

Yeah, I hate parts of commuting, but it does give me a WORK-NOT WORK boundary, plus I like buying dinner, drinks, whatever on the way home from work.

Also walking home from work a few times a week is nice.

Stopping work at 5PM and just still being in the place you worked all day feels bad.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Yeah, I hate parts of commuting, but it does give me a WORK-NOT WORK boundary, plus I like buying dinner, drinks, whatever on the way home from work.

Stopping work at 5PM and just still being in the place you worked all day feels bad.

Everyone that wants to work from home but can't will not like this post.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So basically there's lots of benefits but you're too dumb to appreciate them.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Charles Bukowski posted:

Everyone that wants to work from home but can't will not like this post.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So basically there's lots of benefits but you're too dumb to appreciate them.

LOL, are you crying because I don't hate working in the office?

L O loving L.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I worked in the office today and yesterday and probably will have to the rest of this week, but thays okay most if the time i still get to work at home, things are just real crazy this week

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

L O loving L.

No, I'm annoyed I have to work in a building away from my home, and I am unsympathetic to your problems.

e: How does someone eat 8 probations in a month Greg?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

yea i think if you can work from home ,its better. we are only having to go back in because middle level managers don't want everyone to realize they are mostly useless.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Charles Bukowski posted:

VERY CAREFULLY!!!!! XD

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Charles Bukowski posted:

No, I'm annoyed I have to work in a building away from my home, and I am unsympathetic to your problems.

Literally all of this is you and nothing to do with me, guy.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Working from home would be fine if I had a dedicated office instead of my bedroom.

I prefer the office as well because of the separation from my living space. I actually left my last job after my job became permanent WFH mostly for that reason.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My partner and I bought a house with enough room to both have offices. Her work from home jerb is going fine and mine fell through, so now I have a room to smoke weed and play video games in.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

back in my day trolling meant somethinf

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have you tried not working at all? there's no dignity in working.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

go to a coffee shop.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's all our problem my guys.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

L O loving L.

Actually they're just saying you're dumb :eng101:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like working from home because i can masturbate freely and play video games during the times im obligated to socialize with my goblinesque coworkers. every other reason to commute seems like window dressing to me and you can emptyquote me if youre brave enough to agree

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i go in once or twice a week and its a loving morgue.

However the poor property management paper pushers are required to work fulltime in their cubes again. i feel extremely sorry for them.

the office is like, 25% full maybe now. and we have a whole floor!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Duh you can't wfh in a loving morgue, teledildonics are still an unproven new tech

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the boundry thing was tough at first then i realized a few things:

- can work while hitting my CBD/THC vape and blasting music all say
- master the art of sandwich making (sandwich artistry)
- not driving my car and sitting in ~1.5 hours of traffic.
-

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i like working from home because i can masturbate freely and play video games during the times im obligated to socialize with my goblinesque coworkers.
- i stop working in the afternoon whenever the emails/phonecalls stop and immediately hop on my bike and have a nice workout or go do errands on said bike.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

- not driving my car and sitting in ~1.5 hours of traffic.

:slick::slick::slick:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You know this is all in your head and isn’t a legit complaint, right? Like, you’ve made up a problem that doesn’t exist. You are basically arguing that you aren’t forced to commute to another location to do something you could do from your initial location.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

that's someone's alt of course lmao

registered in 2011 but only started posting a month ago and already 8 probes? classy sassy

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
*it’s good to get out of the house sometimes*

What an rear end in a top hat!!! -goons

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

anyways i love working from home because my job was already a joke at the office and i spent like 7 of the 8 hours a day browsing the web while tapping my keyboard to make my boss in the next cubicle over think i was doing real work when i was just raking my fingers on the tops of the keys

now i work from home and i can use my own bathroom to poo poo, don't have to drive, can do my job in sweats and a tshirt and spend time with my wife and pets and since my job is a joke i can just take naps or do whatever else i want, or just straight up leave the house and go out because who cares

still got like 4.9 out of 5 on my last performance review too

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

*it’s good to get out of the house sometimes*

What an rear end in a top hat!!! -goons

i think by "it's good to get out of the house" you meant to say "it's good to go from your house room to into a fluorescent lit office or cubicle room where you can never actually relax", which is a dumb thing to say. why would you say that??

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

AHH F/UGH posted:

i think by "it's good to get out of the house" you meant to say "it's good to go from your house room to into a fluorescent lit office or cubicle room where you can never actually relax", which is a dumb thing to say. why would you say that??

Work has more monitors and a cafeteria and people I like talking to. Sorry your job sucks so much poo poo you can’t imagine being there but that’s not everyone’s experience hth

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

AHH F/UGH posted:

anyways i love working from home because my job was already a joke at the office and i spent like 7 of the 8 hours a day browsing the web while tapping my keyboard to make my boss in the next cubicle over think i was doing real work when i was just raking my fingers on the tops of the keys

now i work from home and i can use my own bathroom to poo poo, don't have to drive, can do my job in sweats and a tshirt and spend time with my wife and pets and since my job is a joke i can just take naps or do whatever else i want, or just straight up leave the house and go out because who cares

still got like 4.9 out of 5 on my last performance review too

yeah but what about the 10% of office workers who are basically Brooks from shawshank redemption and cant wait to go back to jail

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Brother Tadger posted:

You know this is all in your head and isn’t a legit complaint, right? Like, you’ve made up a problem that doesn’t exist. You are basically arguing that you aren’t forced to commute to another location to do something you could do from your initial location.

Not only that, paying for the privilege of doing it, in gas/time spent commuting etc.

Psychopath behavior.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

Work has more monitors and a cafeteria and people I like talking to. Sorry your job sucks so much poo poo you can’t imagine being there but that’s not everyone’s experience hth

you can talk to them online or on the phone or after work or whatever and monitors are dirt cheap and can even be written off as tax expenses and your home has a kitchen

still always going to be worth it if for nothing else than to save commute time

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

and people I like talking to.

this is what friends are for hth

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

a friend of mine had to go in for a meeting to her office for the first time in two years and immediately got Covid from one of her coworkers

her mom is at risk so she’s been super diligent about keeping her safe so she’s rightly pretty pissed

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Its the selfish nurses, care workers, restaurant/kitchen workers, factory and dock workers who wont work from home and are destroying the movement, if you ask me.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
* works in an air conditioned office * but my comoot ;-;

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Working from home is depressing as gently caress, as someone who doesn't hate their colleagues. Also I'm a city person who doesn't have the absurd luxury of buying a big ol house with a garden and a dog and...

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
They probably don't let you take the forklift home like they do the ergonomic chair.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I mean, you have a job you can DO FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.

How loving hard is it? Not loving very. Not loving very at all.

To summaries if you're a piss baby complaining about working in an office then gently caress you.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

bill ray here angling for #9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I mean, you have a job you can DO FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.

How loving hard is it? Not loving very. Not loving very at all.

To summaries if you're a piss baby complaining about working in an office then gently caress you.

Again, nobody's complaining. They're making fun of you for being weird and stupid.