Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Standings as of February 3rd:

Current news:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1621582468762460161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cavs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wolves

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Naz Reid

NBA Feb 2023 N/V: Kyrie posted JBP, he made his bed now he has to lie in it

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Kyrie Irving to help Luka and quietly tank all of the Knicks picks makes too much sense for everyone.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels :smith:

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

anakha posted:

It has been 90 0 days since Kyrie did some stupid poo poo.

I was just thinking it’s about time for first fiscal quarter 2023 Kyrieness.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/thevolumesports/status/1621588563518459904?s=46&t=4ZSHyyF6MsAFkMEkSYUjow

edit:

Hélà
🤞🏾♾

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Only the Lakers are desperate enough to even consider a Kyrie trade right?

Dallas totally isn't going to trade for him right?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Forrest on Fire posted:

Only the Lakers are desperate enough to even consider a Kyrie trade right?

Dallas totally isn't going to trade for him right?

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/1621597078093963265?s=20&t=-w8hBClVgh-FFtlXeG-5jw

I like those Bulls odds

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If that happens, the nets will have Harden, KD, and Westbrook on the same team in the same season

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
He's still a very good basketball player, if he's willing to play. Just... You know. All the other stuff.

The Clippers need him more than anyone, but might not realize they do.

He will not improve the Lakers, even if they had something left over to offer. (Although, trading Westbrook to The Nets is objectively the funniest thing that could happen in basketball this coming week, so I kinda hope that happens.)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Trade Kyrie to Euroleague

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

KINGS gently caress YEAH.

Maestro, nikosoft...we made it!

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Thank goodness the Nuggets are small market and not cool enough for Kyrie and also we don’t need him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kevin Durant wants to go to the Suns so badly that he is intentionally leaking fake trade demands for kyrie Irving to blow up the team faster. You heard it here first.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Riven posted:

Thank goodness the Nuggets are small market and not cool enough for Kyrie and also we don’t need him.

You’d also have to trade away either Jamal or MPJ to make the salary work and fuuuuuck no. Jamal is basically middle-class Kyrie with the bonus of Jokic chemistry when they play together.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’d also like to thank Kyrie for changing the conversation away from Bones drama 🙏

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope no teams want Kyrie.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Every listed team would be hilarious.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

I hope no teams want Kyrie.

As much as “WESTBROOK FOR _____???” gets floated constantly by the Lakers fanbase I genuinely think it makes the most sense. Only question is whether the lakers have the Assets to win the bidding.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Every time we light the beam Kyrie will start talking about new world order and thousand points of light

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Paracaidas posted:

I am reasonably sure Ainge was left with a very bad taste in his mouth from Kyrie, I’d say the Jazz odds should be way higher.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hate those wolves odds

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Paracaidas posted:

Why are the Celtics even on there??

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1621602246029987840?s=20&t=-w8hBClVgh-FFtlXeG-5jw

uh thank you for clarifying that Jeanie

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Kevin Durant wants to go to the Suns so badly that he is intentionally leaking fake trade demands for kyrie Irving to blow up the team faster. You heard it here first.

If you're posting weird Kyrie conspiracies or galaxy brain ideas, have you considered my hypothesis, which is that Kyrie developed a deep hatred of Kevin Durant for going to the Warriors and ruining the Cavs' chance of a repeat championship, and has secretly dedicated the last few years to ruining Kevin Durant's life?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kingcobweb posted:

As much as “WESTBROOK FOR _____???” gets floated constantly by the Lakers fanbase I genuinely think it makes the most sense. Only question is whether the lakers have the Assets to win the bidding.

I have to imagine the only way they take Westbrook for Irving is if they're also planning to trade KD. Because even if they're still friends, they're not gonna be contenders

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kingcobweb posted:

How much of an Asset is being able to absorb a multi-year contract that the Nets don't want anymore into the deal because of the difference between Russ and Kyrie's salaries

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ben Simmons, lol

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Just fuckin' :laffo: if you're enough of a sucker to assume Irving will re-sign or sign an extension for you, if you acquire him.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

KINGS gently caress YEAH.

Maestro, nikosoft...we made it!

Kyrie needs to come to Sactown to get his mind right

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nets were 15-2 in December/January pre-KD injury. why blow it up?

edit: Oh because the Nets tried to put some self-protection into his extension :lol:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 3, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nikosoft posted:

Kyrie needs to come to Sactown to get his mind right

Kyrie come to sacramento nothing clears your mind better than french toast at Tower Cafe followed by the lady bird walking tour

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Veryslightlymad posted:

If you're posting weird Kyrie conspiracies or galaxy brain ideas, have you considered my hypothesis, which is that Kyrie developed a deep hatred of Kevin Durant for going to the Warriors and ruining the Cavs' chance of a repeat championship, and has secretly dedicated the last few years to ruining Kevin Durant's life?

This take also rules

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Just fuckin' :laffo: if you're enough of a sucker to assume Irving will re-sign or sign an extension for you, if you acquire him.
I think you're counting on a sign and trade when you lose him.

From the Wolves perspective, I think whatever sign and trade return is better than trying to do the same with DLo or re-signing him (which would be the worst case except for letting him go entirely). On the other hand, gently caress Kyrie.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1621611088084344832

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

I believe. 🤲

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Absolutely, Uncle Earvin