Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

was thinking about this after reading the posts in Skylark's thread about the Alchemist class, and where Imps in lie in regard to what items they keep and how much of them they save til the credits roll. personally, regardless of genre, i tend to hoard everything aside from direct weapon/armor upgrades and health potions, and leave everything else typically untouched unless i wanna get experimental. curious about what other peeps do now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
usually when I'm at the final boss I make the calculated decision to save my 99 hi elixirs for later.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Literally in every single game lol, I don't use ANY items in JRPGS especially

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
It's weird but I like seeing the items fill up my inventory, goomba stomp feel to see a full rear end inventory

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Not only do I hoard items but I like them to either be at 99 or a multiple of 5. I’ll buy extras just to make my inventory have like 15 Phoenix downs instead of 12 lol.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the first time i played ff4 i didnt know that you could use tents/cabins inside of dungeons and basically never used them

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That Little Demon posted:

It's weird but I like seeing the items fill up my inventory, goomba stomp feel to see a full rear end inventory

this. but as i've gotten older i've gotten to at least be able to drop maybe a megalixir as an emergency heal. otherwise i'll go all out using everything on the final boss if there isn't a post game.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Health potions and level/stat boosters I’ll use without a second thought. Items that add or remove status effects I hoard like crazy for some reason.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i love using items. the devs give them to us for a reason.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I sell everything I don't see myself using anytime soon, especially if Bob is watching.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I just like collecting poo poo from hidden chests even though I'll probably never use them

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Whenever it’s something big and rare like an elixir or super strong one use item I always end up never using it like a chump

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

That Little Demon posted:

This

I also refuse to sell outdated equipment even if it's a game without an upgrade system

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I use items, but specifically only to push back against my urge to hoard. it's therapeutic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

first excuse i get im chugging the elixir/soma/whatever

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Use items like crazy in RPGs, don't use them at all in action games

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

My Pikmin 2 no-death run probably would have gone a smoother if I ever used any of the bitter or spicy spray that I always took the time to harvest. I dunno why I felt so precious about it. I think I used maybe 1 of each? When I eventually pick it back up for Impmas I'm going to go ham with it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I only use items under extreme duress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Use items like crazy in RPGs, don't use them at all in action games

In action games that have items I almost always just straight up forget to use them

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In action games that have items I almost always just straight up forget to use them

Yea if the game is fun without pausing it to do that poo poo I just forget to or refuse to out of spite. Or sell it all if possible.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

i love using items. the devs give them to us for a reason.

this is how it should be, but I still barely use them. I also like watching the inventory fill up

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

i sell them off at the first chance then i buy what i need, when i need it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I use them if I die twice on something. dying once i chalk up to bad luck or not paying attention.

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

I don’t sell armor or weapons even after I obtain upgrades unless the game has a maximum inventory size. Every item is a keepsake and a treasured memory of levels gained.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Yes OP, to the point where I get some sick pride telling myself I beat the game without using items as a defense mechanism against my own invasive thoughts about how much less frustrating the game could have been.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Stage Beans posted:

I don’t sell armor or weapons even after I obtain upgrades unless the game has a maximum inventory size. Every item is a keepsake and a treasured memory of levels gained.

freak poo poo

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

when i was younger i kept everything except for stat boosting items. if i had to use an item i'd use the weakest stuff first. i'd use 10 potions while resting when i should've just used a tent. i'd rather do a fight over instead of using an item.

i've gotten better about using items when i need to, but i try and keep a minimum of 2-3 of each around 'just in case'.

open world games are a different story. i never beat fallout new vegas because I collected all the useless items and stored them in one of the DLC rooms i used as a home base. frame rate dropped to single digits every time i went home to drop off more stuff. too many pool balls

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If you use items in jRPGs (GameFAQs preferred nomenclature), you are a cuck. Why would you ever use a Tent when you have a Healer on your team? Full stop. Kick.com the Most Based Gaming Streaming Platform for Alpha Males -- Sign up Today! Aight so, let me understand you. *fake wigger high pitched laugh* So yall-- *fake laugh restarting again* SO YALL REALLY USE TENTS. Lmfao~! *audience of neglected 11 yr olds pog the gently caress out in chat*

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

earthbound’s inventory sucks but it helped me come to terms with letting go. that, and the importance of meal planning

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Brute Squad posted:

when i was younger i kept everything except for stat boosting items. if i had to use an item i'd use the weakest stuff first. i'd use 10 potions while resting when i should've just used a tent. i'd rather do a fight over instead of using an item.

i've gotten better about using items when i need to, but i try and keep a minimum of 2-3 of each around 'just in case'.

open world games are a different story. i never beat fallout new vegas because I collected all the useless items and stored them in one of the DLC rooms i used as a home base. frame rate dropped to single digits every time i went home to drop off more stuff. too many pool balls

gid i hate your av lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyway 100% yes op

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

gid i hate your av lol

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stage Beans posted:

earthbound’s inventory sucks but it helped me come to terms with letting go. that, and the importance of meal planning

do you have any idea how hard it is for me to read this. I'm trying to rehabilitate myself, and you go and say some poo poo like this.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

in most games, yeah. I'm really bad about this in shmups/run and guns, constantly dying with bombs in stock.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

gid i hate your av lol

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you use items in jRPGs (GameFAQs preferred nomenclature), you are a cuck. Why would you ever use a Tent when you have a Healer on your team? Full stop. Kick.com the Most Based Gaming Streaming Platform for Alpha Males -- Sign up Today! Aight so, let me understand you. *fake wigger high pitched laugh* So yall-- *fake laugh restarting again* SO YALL REALLY USE TENTS. Lmfao~! *audience of neglected 11 yr olds pog the gently caress out in chat*

l;mfo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lafmso

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

gid i hate your av lol

i mistake him for john romero every post. :siren: NOT A GOOD LOOK IN 2023 :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

i mistake him for john romero every post. :siren: NOT A GOOD LOOK IN 2023 :siren:

I could go black & white with it

http://www.postkiwi.com/2008/playstation-clown-explosion-of-twisted-metal/