Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Is this thing on? It isn't? Why, when I find the motherfucker who -

ahem

Well, hi, everybody. This is your captain speaking. We hope you’ve been enjoying a smooth, comfortable journey this afternoon aboard the S.S. Gesualdo as we begin our cruise into these sparkling Alaskan waters. On our trip, you’ll have such landmarks as Denali and the Hubbard Glacier to look forward to, as well as the cities of Anchorage and Juneau. Make sure you’re covering up those extremities while you’re outside - it gets pretty cold this time of year! All systems are operating normally and we expect a safe, relaxing cruise. Remember our opening banquet is at 7:30 PM tonight in the main dining hall, and make sure you all enjoy yourselves, you hear?

Welcome to Alaskan Cruise Mafia, a role-heavy Mafia game for 19 players. Your setup has been kindly sanity checked by Yami Fenrir. Discord is required to play, here is the link: https://discord.gg/kFTUd27e

This game features a couple non-standard mechanics. Note that each player will be either a PASSENGER or a member of the CREW. This is not an alignment, but it will be important for certain roles. The other mechanics should become clear as the game goes on.

MAFIA RULES (Paraphrased from other, smarter goons)
1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.
2. Don’t edit your posts without mod approval.
3. No direct quoting, screenshot posting, whatever of private mod communication.
4. Don’t talk after hammer.
5. Don’t talk out-of-thread about the game.
6. Standard lurker rules: If you fail to post at least 10 times in a standard, 48-72 hour game day, you will receive a warning. If you fail to do so again, you will be modkilled. This rule may be relaxed in case of early hammers. Please tell me if something is keeping you from posting! Real life exists, and as long as you’re communicative with me I’ll be lenient.
7. Have fun!
8. Elastic Clause: If I forgot a standard rule, assume it applies.

The SA Mafia community takes a lot of pride in being a safe, respectful, inclusive and inviting space. If you ever encounter anything or anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable, threatened, abused, angry, or even unsure of how you feel, there are many people here, both within and outside of the SA Mafia community, who are happily willing to listen, provide support, and enact change to make the community better for everyone.
Here is a short list of only some of the people that other players have suggested as a resource that you should never hesitate to contact: Leperflesh and Antivehicular (current Traditional Games Mods), VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Opopanax, Sandwolf, Shellception, or whoever else you feel safer talking to!

PLAYER LIST
  1. AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
  2. CubicalSucrose
  3. EGalz18 (She/Her)
  4. Johnny Keats
  5. JosefStalinator
  6. Maerlyn (she/her)
  7. Mekchu
  8. merk (he/him)
  9. mycelia (he/him)
  10. Rhymes With Clue
  11. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  12. Somberbrero (He/him)
  13. Sub Rosa
  14. Tea Party Crasher
  15. Tired Moritz
  16. WindwardAway (she/her/whatever)
  17. Your Personal Muse
  18. Zoya
  19. zzyzx

saladscooper fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay im signing up

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Wasn't posted in the new games thread and giving me some Passage PTSD but sign me up.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I thought this was supposed to be about operas or something, but sign me up anyway

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
oh look another game to instantly die in

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Excuse me, manager, but this…woman won’t let me on the boat because my passport is expired and also has a different name and photo than me. Can you kindly reprimand her and dock her pay?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Permission to come aboard?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I will play

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
btw discord link has almost certainly expired by this point so: https://discord.gg/kFTUd27e

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Sure.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
3 games at once? Why the gently caress not

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

3 games at once? Why the gently caress not

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I like role heavy games, I'll play :toot:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd like to play.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I'd like to play.

We would like to play.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i too would like to play

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Please refresh Discord link. There's some way to make links permanent I believe but don't remember exactly how.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Try this?

https://discord.com/invite/5PM4nr8F

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I'll join this future ghost boat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shore

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

alright gently caress it i'm in, i've been to alaska once

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
I don't like being in multiple games, but I do like cruises

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
And we’re full! Roles will go out tonight and game should start tomorrow.
https://discord.gg/KeCYeAdx

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
It's the dead of night on the S.S. Gesualdo. Our lucky guests, bellies full of rump roast and shrimp cocktail, stumble, more than a little tipsy, back to their cabins. Even the captain has fallen asleep by now, his snores blending in with the creaking of the pipes and the rocking of the ship. There are no birds out tonight. There is only the swish-swish-swish of the crew swabbing the deck, and the aged light of the waxing gibbous, peering through the east windows like papparazi on a film set. Privately, she wonders - what is the cost of all this? Why is it all happening now?

And then, as the last tired laborer hangs up his mop, the ship is awakened by a gunshot and a scream from below deck.

Yami Fenrir, Stanley Solomon, TOWN-aligned Boilerman, has been murdered N0!

quote:

At night you may ##rouse a player from slumber, learning their alignment as well as the names and alignments of every player they visit and every player who visits them. In addition, you are bulletproof and executionproof.

Something is afoot aboard this ship. But just what is it, and just who wants to see it sink?

Day One begins now. Deadline Sunday at 2 PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (19): AnonymousNarcotics, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, Maerlyn, Mekchu, merk, mycelia, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Sub Rosa, Tea Party Crasher, Tired Moritz, WindwardAway, Your Personal Muse, Zoya, zzyzx

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2023 at 2 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
The ship moves to Hubbard Glacier! Johnny Keats, Rhymes With Clue, and JosefStalinator enter a masonry while they're looking at it!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh the horror, the humanity, the misery!

My smoked salmon was ever so slightly too pink. I hope such squalor will not repeat itself.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Part of the ship, part of the crew.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

saladscooper posted:

And then, as the last tired laborer hangs up his mop, the ship is awakened by a gunshot and a scream from below deck.

Yami Fenrir, Stanley Solomon, TOWN-aligned Boilerman, has been murdered N0!

quote:

In addition, you are bulletproof

I would have thought that would have saved your life

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Your Personal Muse posted:

Oh the horror, the humanity, the misery!

My smoked salmon was ever so slightly too pink. I hope such squalor will not repeat itself.

Perhaps you'd have a word with the cook? I heard they've got a trainee in the back kitchen who still hasn't learned to tell the difference between various herbs...

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

This is a D1 Miller claim. I repeat, this is a D1 Miller claim. You may all go about your business on the ship as usual. Over.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
You find a slip of paper on the ground next to Yami Fenrir's body:

quote:

At least I don't have to co-mod...

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Zoya posted:

This is a D1 Miller claim. I repeat, this is a D1 Miller claim. You may all go about your business on the ship as usual. Over.

Miller implies cop, and the cop just flipped, checks out

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Zoya posted:

Oh man, it's gonna be one of those games.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Zoya posted:

Hi miller, I'm dad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Huh, I’m also a miller

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sub Rosa posted:

I would have thought that would have saved your life

Gunshot was probably unrelated.

CubicalSucrose