Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Did cookie clicker strike your fancy grab you by the nuts and twist? Did you have fun with candy box but wish it was a little bit more of a game? Maybe you should try this game and then come back to discuss it with goons when your sperginess takes over! It's based on the bizzare subculture of ravenous fans of a single thread about a single comic of xkcd so you know that it's going to be chock full of maths and obfuscation and all kinds of things to scratch that "gotta figure it out" itch.

http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.html

:f5:So what's the deal with this game? Am I just clicking with xkcd flavor?:f5:

Well, yes and no. There was a comic called Time that updated the image it displayed every 30 minutes for 120 hours, and then every 60 minutes for the next 2800+ hours. People developed obsessions and there are plenty of viewers where you can recreate the experience except way faster.

Eventually, someone put a game together where you click the picture like a cookie, but instead of the straightforward click -> cookies, you gain various resources and have to put them to work. Initially you have just sand and castles. You click for sand, and when you have enough, you get a castle. The amount you need for a new castle follows the Fibonacci Sequence, which quickly becomes really tedious and awful.

If you're just clicking.

You can spend castles on tools the dig sand, or which generate castles on what is known in game as the ONG which happens every 30 minutes initially or every 60 later on, as per the updates to the comic itself. When the ONG happens, not only do your castle tools fire and give you castles, but your cost to build a castle from sand resets to 1 and the sequence starts over.

You unlock boosts which improve how your tools and clicks etc work, and they cost sand as well as castles so you need to be able to get your sand up through the sequence enough to get that much sand so you can spend it, and eventually you can turn your sand into glass and spend those. Some boosts cost a number of tools or other abstract things later on too.

:downswords:What the hell are all these words? None of this makes any sense:downswords:

This is where the xkcd thing comes in. I personally am a fan of the comic, but dear god this game has more in-jokes than an entire school full of tittering recently pubescent children. I'll try to cover the really important ones here, but just know that there is a lot of weird and stupid stuff that happened because ~internet reasons~ and the thread this came from was a meme generating microcosm and that's where a lot of the terminology comes from.

I'm going to assume you can figure out what the names of the tools/boosts on the screen are (there is a picture of a cuegan next to the cuegan in the cuegan box. Have you even played a video game before?). I'll try to throw abbreviations in too.

Newpix, NP - this is the current picture displayed, and the number corresponding to it. This is the major time gating mechanic for much (most?) of the game. mNP is a milliNewPix, or 1/1000 of the time it takes for a NP to change. NP can be used to describe the NP you are on or as a time.

Shortpix - The first 240 NP are shortpix. They last 30 minutes.

Longpix - All the remaining NP are longpix. They last 60 minutes.

ONG - This is when the Newpix advances. There is a clock and a timer at the top of the screen that counts down from 1000, and this is the number of mNP until the ONG. The ONG resets sand needed for a castle, and makes your castle tools destroy and then produce castles. Remember your castles are destroyed first, then new ones built so make sure you have the requisite number of castles when your tools go off so you don't waste this. This is the only time in which castle tools will activate (barring a few specific cases much later, and by then this mechanic will not need explaining).

:awesomelon:NewPixBot, npb - I know I said I wouldn't mention these, but they are confusing. Unlike other castle tools, they activate at the ONG and don't make anything until their timer runs down. If you click on the picture while they are counting down, you will "ninja" them and they won't make castles. This is bad. If you don't, then they make some stuff for you. Keep your pants on and don't ninja them.

:catdrugs:Redundakitty - This thing is the golden cookie of this game. You need them early too, if you want to not be slogging. They show up relatively infrequently to start and you can boost them to be more frequent if you click 16/32 of them (and eventually more later), and will give you large amounts of castles early. They show up as an extra box in your tools/boosts availible, or over in your badge/bought boost sections. If they're hiding out in a section you have hidden, the icon for them replaces the one next to the button so you can quickly unhide them and click them. The button on them that says "show" gives you the bonus and they disappear.

Department of Redundancy Department, DoRD - This thing you get after you click a lot of kitties and allows them to sometimes unlock boosts. It is VITAL that you get this as quickly as possible. Click the kitties!

Judgement Dip - When you get to NP 42(?) your npb will get mad that you are enslaving them and revolt. They destroy a small amount of castles every mNP, and this grows as time goes on. This is bad. However, if you get to certain levels of the dip you will be able to unlock very very powerful boosts, and eventually one that ends it altogether rather than delaying it. This is good!

Molpy Down - This is the game's reset a la cookie clicker. It's not useful in the way you think it is. Just trust me when I say you should do it AS SOON AS you hit NP 3, and then never again. The longer you wait, the longer you will not be able to travel through time and the harder it will be to destroy all your progress so you can.

Boost - It makes stuff you do/have better. Usually.

Badge - Achievements. Some of them come with boost unlocks or other good stuff, and all of them contribute to some boosts based on # badges.

:parrot:So how long until I get 100 AC and then it's just boring resets over and over again?:parrot:

The neat thing about this game is it is based on paradigm shifts. You build up your resources and production until you can get the next big upgrade, and usually when you do it turns the resources you need sideways, or makes a certain tool or method of playing the new most efficient way to do things. The game takes weeks at least of semi-idling in order to get to the really meaty mid/late game, and that's with perfect play. If you like figuring stuff out it can take even longer, and even if you don't there is a lot of tweaking you can do based on how you like to play.

This game is not for people who want to turn on a game, and look at it go and interact with it once per day. Idling is helpful, but ultimately you need to be doing some stuff.

This game is also not for people who don't have at least a little :sperg: in them about numbers and min-maxing etc. Note I said a little: if you just like intricate systems, you will be right at home here.

:supaburn:Help I need help where do I get it?:supaburn:

Well you can ask here, there are a number of goons in the endgame apparently. You can also check out these handy links:

Reddit - There are a lot of discussions in the comments and the dev is active here

Wiki - The "wiki" for the game, hosted on the wiki for the comic. There are useful pages here (notably boosts, badges, and redundakitties), but expect searches to hit unrelated injoke useless pages.

Github - There is an up to date changelog on the front page and the source for the game (castle.js and data.js) will let you figure out anything you want with a little code knowledge and a phrase or two. Most of his parsing seems to be done using strings so it's easy to find stuff relating to whatever term you want with a few exceptions. Rule of thumb is if you can't find it and it is long/has multiple words try the first letter of each word ie DoRD.

Autoclicker - If you want to be a dirty cheater, that's fine. I personally like my clicking organic, but it's not like this is the olympics or some poo poo. This will click the picture, kitties, solve logicats, or any combination of those things you want it to. It has a few other handy features like letting you jump in rifts you earn and helping you buying keys/crates you unlock. Probably about as close to cookie monster as you can get in a game where the value of a purchase is EXTREMELY subjective. Just go to the thread and follow the instructions for installation.

Some helpful layouts because the new default one is trash. Reddit has a few more floating around, and I think the default2 one is alright (type that in layout import, I believe). You will probably have a greatly improved experience if you find a way to get the poo poo on screen that you want, just make sure that you never hide the newpix, sand tools, castle tools, boosts, ong timer, or loot. Probably want to keep file for saving too. Everything else is a matter of preference, although I would recommend starting that you also keep the sand/castle #s, newpix info, and have your stats bar and info pop up somewhere you can read it from time to time.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Walkthrough/Specific Help

I am not super far through this game all told and will update this as I get farther/other people help me fill it out.

If you want this to be a surprise, don't read it and probably not the thread.

Up to first K castles
Click and get sand. Try to focus on castle tools as sand tools are not super great early. Get boosts as you can, especially things that improve clicks. You will want to be focused on getting kitties so you can get the important upgrades. This part is pretty straightforward.
You want to get Kitnip and the DoRD as soon as possible

K to M castles
Start trying to get 14 of every tool so you can afford the boosts that you get to them. This will make npb VERY strong and they will poo poo out tons of castles. Eventually get to 22 npb so you can get blast furnace which is pretty important. You should get to kitties galore here which makes redundakitties pretty frequent.

M to G castles
If you haven't gotten far enough to get to the dip, you'll probably have to wait. If you're lucky you'll get some blast furnaces in with your automation, try to get just enough sand before an ONG that you can max out your profit from it. When you get the dip :siren:DO NOT BUY BAG BURNING:siren:. Just wait it out, and eventually you'll unlock everything (1 upgrade for every castle tool and navigation code). Your goal here is to buy irregular rivers and sandbag, which will make your rivers super jacked. Don't worry about code blowing up npb production with nav code, once you have the other boosts they're largely irrelevant for a long time anyways. Get balancing act towards the end. :frogsiren: YOU MUST TURN ON NAVIGATION CODE. FIND THE BOOST, CLOSE THE STATS BAR, AND CLICK INSTALL :frogsiren:

You will also have a chance to get a glass furnace in here sometime. Buy it and turn it on ASAP. Progress through glass chip production until you get the blower, and then progress that until you have the extruder and refinery. Initially you'll only be putting a little sand into it but you should ramp it up to 90ish% quickly, as after this phase of the game clicks will be most of your sand income.

G to T castles
Blast furnace is gonna be the name of the game here. If you're on longpix already and have it, turn off furnace crossfeed so you can get castles. You should upgrade your sand tools so you can get most of the boosts for having 30-50 of them (look at the list if you want to know exactly) and make sure you have enough sand that you furance the max amount (half your all time castles). Double or nothing is great here too, just make sure you save and load if it fails. It's also worth saving just before the npb activate and reloading a few times to get furnace runs instead of ASHF. Your goal here is bag puns and VITSSAGEN, JA!, although I liked picking up Blixtnedslag Kattungar, JA! on the way. Once you have vitssagen, ja (400g with ASHF if you've spend 80g, which you should) and have used it 20 times, look at swedish chef in stats view and get free castles! Wait for ASHF to buy it, then immediately look at it in stats again and buy family discount for 80% off everything. Use your free several T to buy up any outstanding boosts, and make sure you get Swim between the flags around this time.

T to P castles
Hopefully you're at or near longpix, because those boosts are about to be super duper important. Use Rosetta to upgrade factory automation a few times, and get 50 trebuchets and 100 of all sand tools. Unlock all the related boosts and then ride it out on the trebs/furnace/waves (make sure you're not skimping on tools, you want them to be at most 3 orders of magnitude less in cost than your ability to produce. Save up to get to 20P for free advice to unlock/buy.

P to Lots of castles
Once you get free advice, glass ceilings become availible. You need to be furnacing glass instead of castles now, and once your production is fine enough that you can unlock a ceiling, get 0. Continue to bump up your glass production until you feel comfortable spending ~40 blocks during an ASHF and get to ceiling 3 ASAP. This is the first big swing and will take you well up into exa. Get phonesaw and use it a few times so you can easily get logicats. The next several orders of magnitude revolve around unlocking more ceilings (7 is the next really big bump) and clicking logicats. Keep upgrading glass production, you should be throwing 99.x% into it and getting most of it from clicking. My sand has been consistently 8-10 orders of magnitude higher until about W or KW, and now it's about breaking even.

The next phase is fairly fluid and involves getting logicastle from logic rewards (50% cumulative boost for EACH logicat level) and riding that until you have 444 scaffolds to trade for window washing beanies, which gives your scaffolds a huge boost to all your glass ceilings. If you're clever you can sell all your scaffolds when you get a temporal duplicattion and buy up early. Either way just make sure you build up all of your tools when they're really cheap (you'll be leaping several prefixes at a time on odd NP) and then dump the rest in waves/flags/scaffolds. Keep getting maximum rewards from crates (set your shopping assistant to autobuy Crate Key, remember the caps). The blackprints should be started early, and after you get your first crate opened (wait for the keys), you should be spamming caged logicat every NP and trying to squeeze as much efficiency out of temporal rifts as you can. Save before you jump, if you didn't jump to an even longpix (going to an even gives you the wave boost) then load and repeat. Make sure you click for stealth since you'll often have factory ninja, buy up as much as possible, then caged logicat again. You should make it to infinite castles in no time, and once you are there, castle crusher will get you infinite sand, which will replenish your infinite castles. Buy up to max on every tool.

As a side note, when 9 blocks per not lucky is not a lot of blocks for you, turn on panther salve and unlock the boosts you get from it, but don't turn them on. They suck before you get to the glass part of the game, but once you're inf/inf they provide a nice little boost to glass income. Leave it on until it's at speed 1200+ (look in stats view) and then turn it off. When you're infinite/infinite turn it and the next two on, and if you're ok losing some tools now and again you can turn on catamaran and let the cat out of the bag.

Inf/Inf phase

The biggest thing to be doing at this phase is getting tool factory (the only way to progress) and making sure you're still getting as many blackprints as possible. Pump your glass chip production up as blitzing is now replaced with glass furnace runs (!!!). You really want to be getting at least 100k chips per firing, and dumping it all back into more chips when blocks permit. Save enough blocks to get upgrades.

First order of business is getting sand to glass and castles to glass. Sand to glass is obtained when you have 7470 buckets and infinite sand per mNP. Lock all glass ceilings except 0 and 3. Load chips into the factory until you have the right number of buckets. Lock 0, and then pump up the factory until you have infinite sand per mNP (remember trebs cumulatively boost buckets, so once you have infinite with no ceilings you'll always have infinite). At this point, load the tool factory once and sand to glass unlocks. Buy it for a paltry income of chips in your factory.

Next you want castles to glass: this one is easy. Have infinite castles, and 1515 npb. Buy it! This is officially the end of they tyranny of sand/castles. Now your goal is to only be making one kind of sand tool at a time and getting it to 20K so you can buy the upgrades for their chip production. Turn on the ceiling of the tool you want and turn all others off. When you have an excess of chips, put them in, but make sure you keep upgrading capacity/production. You may have to wait around for some boosts to ensure you have enough blocks, but crates should have you covered. Unlock blackprint plans as you earn them, and keep spamming logicats as the logic level gives you some important boosts, it speeds up crates, and effects how many blocks you get per crate. If you want, you can make some monuments now, but I'd recommend waiting for Optimization.

Mid/late inf/inf
If you get MHP, try to get a goat! You'll need goats and you don't need castles. If you get hall of mirrors, turn that poo poo off. Trust me, start this early.

Construct from blackprints as often as you can, your goal is to get to Automata Assembly and Automata Engineers right after it. By now you should have production control, and as often as you can increase it. With all ceilings off, it takes 78M chips per NP per 12 tools, so do a bit of napkin math if you have to to see if it's worth increasing. Before long it will be pretty often that you want to push it up, and remember the bigger the increment the better. Production control levels are one of the few things retained when you molpy down, so this is a big priority. Your first big break will come when you get about 2M beanie builders. Immediately trade them in with recycling beanies to get it to inf (assuming you have a few T blocks to buy the boost with) and then rebuild only beanies till you're back up to snuff. This will give you shitloads of chips. You'll want to do the same with scaffolds and window washing beanies, but you need about 50M of them so it will happen second.

From here on out is kind of a long slog where you balance having enough chips to continue making tools, using glass saw to turn chips into blocks, and using those blocks for boosts/pc versus your furnace/blower. I recommend getting tools evenly, although some people prefer only scaffold/beanie/bag/ladder. Just don't neglect cuegan and lapetite if you do this because they're very important later. You should keep up with your furnace because glass saw is limited by your blower rate. Your goal is to keep going up and up until you can get friendship is molpish, which will make your cuegan/lapetite chips per mNP cover your costs for tools so you can safely saw out all your beanie builder/scaffold chips for blocks. In the meantime, spend your blackprints on construction until you get Mysterious Representations, then spend it all on Automata Control (which unlocks from having a crapload of npb, you'll get it organically). If you go to sleep and wake up and just have plenty of them, go ahead and pick up zookeeper, but it's not a priority until it looks kinda cheap.

Yes, you will be spending a long time here, and it will not really speed up significantly. Your milestones are pretty far apart and are split in two ways: dragon rewards and blackprint/production rewards.

Your blackprints and other production should be a focus simply because they get you bigger numbers, and you eventually want really big numbers so you can have lots of stuff. The more you ramp up that production, the more you can work on the actual goal: feeding your achronal dragon. If you haven't already, time travel around a bunch (with nav code off!), and then eat your npb duplicates. If you have some temporal duplication dupes around, eat them too since they're not important. The goal is 100 eaten total, which unlocks crystal dragon (lets temporal duplication work with TF, lets you get TD in the infinite phase). You have a side goal now which is to get not lucky while your TD is up, which will require you to try to get it right before npb with caged logicat so you can double factory it (turn off key buying as that will eat all your DoRDs for this). You can track your progress in free advice. Once you have lucky twin, you want to do the same. Your goal is to get TD to at least 1NP this way so you can have it forever. Once you're at ~1KNP you can forget about this as it will naturally get bigger and bigger.

When you unlock clicking for chips, get your chips clicked to 1M for the next boost, then to 5M so you can get glassed lightning. It's blitzing for chips and will be important to have later. You'll also want to (while semi-idle or via shopping assistant) chain buy bag burning once you have bacon. There's an important boost that unlocks when in stats the threshold reaches infinite. It doubles every time it locks, which is when the mNP ticks over after you buy it (it immediately unlocks again). Buy fireproof when you can afford it (pretty expensive). It will boost your chips a lot for a while, and it makes nav code switching fast (20mNP cooldown). Importantly, you will be at 0 castles every mNP unless you click, which is a little inconvenient, but it lets logicats unlock rifts for you which are super good now that most of you chips come from ONG. When you get your first rift, save and then load, and then take the rift. If you're happy with the destination (FU shortpix) then immediately go to the log and click the "Jump!" button and you'll unlock time lord. Rifts are super money, so level it up as much as you can so you can rift around like crazy.

Next dragon thing happens at AC 101. Remember all those tedious mold building things you did? They're a bit easier with this, but it's not a huge boost. Remember to unlock all dragon things you have to eat some duplicates after you hit the requisite AC level. After that it's the worst part of the grind: getting to 301 AC. It will take for loving ever and is terrible, but you get dragon forge for it which makes the blackprint cost of AC increases MUCH easier, although it costs some logicat levels to do it. At AC 180 you'll get access to locked vaults from the dord, and you should autobuy the keys for those as much as possible as they give 10 + (# vaults opened) blackprints, so they ramp up pretty quickly. By 300 crates will have disappeared, so zookeeper is gonna be your best friend by 180 if you don't have it already.

Keep ramping up PC/AC until you get to 555 (ugh) and then your dragon will unlock thunderbird (which is ok, I guess). You need to have lightning rod for this to be good, which means you have to get glassed lightning while having factory ninja and ninja stealth ready to go (so you can click for automation), then get GL. Once you have it, click the picture. If you don't get LR unlocked, load and do it again. Once you have both LR and TB your GL power will go up every time you unlock it. This is important for the next dragon (foundry) at 666 which increases your TD number of duplicates made by 1/10000 of your GL power (starts at 400). In order to have this you need to have max PC, which means you probably need the CFT which costs 40k blackprints. It's worth it though, as you can easily ride cuegan/lapetite all the way up to max PC on this and it will skyrocket your economy. Then get the foundry which you use to increase TD, which is how you continue to make your tool production go up after PC is maxed.

First Molpy Down
By now you should be a small powerhouse of blackprints, glass, and tools. There isn't a lot else to do from here to infinite tools really, but you still want to be ready for your first reset. There's one more dragon to get at AC 888, but you have to have TWW tools before you can unlock it, as well as 100 saved puzzles (use crouching panther a few times). I'd say spend blackprints on increasing your AC to about 1k, 2k at a maximum. You want to be stockpiling tons of logicat levels with all the panther pokes you're getting, and start saving up flux crystals from rifts (I like to have 560 per MD, which doesn't take long with 9 rifts per NP). You can increase flux rate by saving/loading like you did to unlock time lord, waiting for rift to expire, then spamming the jump button. You won't get any ONGs, but you'll get more crystals than just taking rifts.

You also want goats. Lots of goats. At this point factory automation is pretty crappy, so ninja your npbs. You'll unlock ninja ritual, which lets you get a goat for a ninja, which increases for every 5 consecutive ninjas! Use rifts to get it to at least 5, then either wait for the np to end without activating stealth, or rift without clicking to ninja. This should unlock herder, which means even when you idle you get goats! This is the best way to get goats. You want goats, save up some goats.

At some point, you'll be like "gently caress it I can get the next blackprint reward for 90k". You need 400(!) goats for this, so don't use them all up. This is bag of holding, which you MUST have before your first reset. It lets you keep your sand, castles, glass, blackprints, crystals, goats, and bonemeal after you MD, and lets you get prizes which is the only reason you want to reset in the first place. Get it, and tuck it away for now.

Once you get shadow dragon, start eating some logicat puzzles. It's better to do it when you're close to the next increment of 100 (196, 494 etc) as you have a higher chance of getting not 1 bonemeal. You need 30 to MD, but I'd say get a few hundred if you can before you do. You'll also want several M blackprings (I had 45, yes it's quite possible with vaults), and as mentioned at least 560 flux crystals. Goats you should be fine on. Your tools get to infinity because of a copious number of GL unlocks. You only have to do this grind once thanks to lightning in a bottle, so you might as well do it now. When you get here, eat your tools with achronal dragon and they'll become "mustard tools". Get your badge, and then for every mustard tool you have you'll get 1 mustard per click. Click up to about 55k (this will hold you over pretty well until you have other ways of getting it) and then use mustard sale and some savescumming to clear them out and get them to infinity again. It should go without saying that by now you have infinite glass block/chips. This is very, very important. Take a deep breath, time to take the plunge.

You should savescum your molpy until you get 2 of the following: short saw, double department, doubletap, spare tools. I would recommend trying for double department and spare tools, but don't be too picky. You also want the tool you retain from no need to be neat to be any sand tool, not a castle tool.

t1 Prizes
The first part of the game is gonna be hilariously easy, and mostly predicated on how fast you get your cats back in gear. Immediately go to longpix somewhere (ideally the latest one, as you'll eventually need to get to 1350ish to progress), and start buying poo poo! Buy tools up to infinity, buy all the boosts, buy buy buy! Some important things to remember:

-Immediately get the glass stuff from chip/block storage, and immediately switch on your furnace/blower. It will take a while for them to come on. DO NOT SPEND INFINITE BLOCKS/CHIPS ON ANYTHING, AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT DO A MHP WITH HALL OF MIRRORS ON.
-Remember to unlock everything you can via chateau and rosetta.
-It might be worth savescumming your first caged logicat reward for panther rush so you can accelerate your logic rewards
-Once you have bought the millions of boosts, remember to click a bunch for bag puns to unlock saw, and then afterwards for swedish chef.
-Turn chromatic heresy on and off a crapload for beach ball to come back.
-If you have spare tools, you can use that to get your buckets/npb high enough for sand/castles to glass.
-Blackprint construction is your bottlneck here, so start it up as soon as you have 17 in automation (need doublepost to upgrade it). Remember: if you rift after npb go off you get extra building! If you have 9 in time lord you can do 340 runs per NP, and that will blast you through pretty fast.

Once you have infinite chips/mNP, go ahead and upgrade your extruder/purifier to a little over 1000 to get seaish. Spend infinite blocks to upgrade purifier, and infinite chips on the refinery. When your furnace gives you infinite chips back, spend them on the extruder. Start sawing those blocks out! You'll have to do a lot of clicking, but you do eventually need infinite blocks again. Kind of tedious, yes, but oh well. Follow the mid/late info again if you forget something, but it should go pretty drat fast once you get back to AA/AC. PC unlocks at 5k npb and will immediately blast you into GW tools.

From here, your goals are mostly advancing in NP and getting back to bag of holding and your previous stuff amounts. Flux crystals are likely to keep you from MD immediately after you get the bag, as a reset with few crystals is gonna make you cry when you're still making the glass mould maker 3 days in. Be patient, and after about 4 molpies you'll have all the t1 prizes. The 4 I listed are the only ones really worth a drat, and don't use the single use ones at all (you shouldn't need them if you're carrying that infinite tool through your resets, although it might be easier to just get them all inf every time). Once you unlock the Bag of Molding when you MD you know you're at t2 next reset! Exciting! Don't buy it immediately it costs inf blocks (either get glass saw to infinite or your blower back up)

t2-4 Prizes
There isn't much to say here. Bag of Moulding makes your MD much shorter since you need many fewer blackprints to get to AA, and the t2 boosts are pretty decent. Soul Drain is one of the better ones, although it goes off very, very infrequently and you won't be just rolling in bonemeal or anything. Between the cracks is pretty convenient as well, and in combination with factory expansion will help to speed things up a bunch if you want to savescum your prizes. Rush Job is good later.

t3 is probably the most important bag. It lets you keep glass saw, AA, and a lot of the other kind of nice but not necessary boosts like no sell and beachball. Archimedes lever makes doing mould work trivially easy, and if you're opening vaults you'll more or less automatically get discoveries without trying. The real prize here is Eww, which will let you get bonemeal at a much faster rate than the shadow dragon. If you have an autoclicker, now's the time to turn it on for the beach. Mustard your tools so you only have 1 sand tool left and perhaps your npb (for ritual goats), then click away. It's pretty easy to rack up enough mustard to get many thousands of bonemeal, which you'll need since the bag bonemeal costs are getting pretty hefty now. If you get GoatONG make sure you wait for swedish chef and ashf and it won't cost any vacuums!

t4 is mostly a matter of having the right expensive materials. Heavy bonemeal cost, flux crystal cost for many of the boosts and the bag. MD when you can, there are only 5 prizes, and all of them are pretty good. Crystal memories can help you spam up some crystals if you need them. Lubrication makes switching your blower/furnace nearly instantaneous. Riser is way less clicking for seaish upgrades, and the crown jewel is mould press, which has possibly the worst description. With lever, it will take ALL of your aa runs and chain apply them to making monuments. You get a new discovery? Next mNP the glass monument for it is already done, with no input from you. Very fancy.

At some point during all this, hopefully you got to around NP 1000 and have been good about keeping your discoveries. When you get to 100 minus ones, you get vacuum cleaner. This has two purposes: 1) it makes vacuums, which are good and 2) you can use it to easily unlock LR. Turn it on while you have GL, open some cubes with no key autobuy, get LR. It's pretty expensive crystalwise to start, so either grind up your time lord levels, or (before it is nerfed which it is about to be), MD with a large number of crystals and use the new multi-buy of time lord to blast it up really fast. 20 crystals per level will get you pretty far compared to one at a time, so wait for 20x something (2k, 20M etc). Once it's not too expensive, leave the cleaner running and save up 8000 vacuums so you can get this sucks and start improving the cleaner, and when you are getting 2-3 per run, turn on void starer so you can boost your blackprint production. Now it's all a delicate dance of using your logicat levels/blackprints on more dragon forge (which gets you more logicat levels and blackprints), deciding between saving vacuums for a better starer bonus or spending them to get more vacuums, and spamming the crap out of crystals. There are a number of relevant boosts you can look up for this and how to unlock them etc, but they're changing pretty fast as this is the bleeding edge. Get more stuff!

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 4, 2014

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
FAQ/miniguides

Glass ceilings

tl;dr and/or don't care? Click and be amazed

Glass ceilings are immensely powerful boosts when you get them, but the way they work is a little obtuse. Free advice tells us "To lock or unlock a glass ceiling boost, the previous number glass ceiling boost must be owned, and all lesser numbered glass ceiling boosts must not be owned."

Consider glass ceiling number 3. According to this in order to purchase it OR lock it, we must own glass ceiling 2, and no other lesser ones (1 and 0). 0 is always unlockable or lockable as a base case.

So, we get 0. Then since we own only the ceiling below 0, we get 1. In order to get 2, we can only have 1, so we sell 0 and buy 2. We now have 2 and 1, but to get 3 we need only 2. In order to get rid of 1 we need 0, so it's buy 0, sell 1, sell 0 and then buy 3. A pattern develops for this, and you may use this to get your ceilings if you don't give a gently caress, but it helps to know the pattern in case you only get halfway through.

code:
Ceiling to reach: sequence from previous ceiling
0: 0
1: 1
2: 0 2 0
3: 1 0 3 0 1 0
4: 2 0 1 0 4 0 1 0 2 0 1 0
This creates a cascade you can follow all the way to the top if you have ~8k blocks.
Assuming nothing unlocked we see getting to ceiling x is:

code:
Ceiling to reach: sequence from no ceilings
0: 0
1: 0 1
2: 0 1 0 2 0
3: 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0
4: 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 4 0 1 0 2 0 1 0
Notice that there is a simple cadence you can follow: 0 1 0 (number) 0 1 0 (number). You buy 0, buy or lock 1, then lock 0. There should only be 1 option (occasionally 2 if you're at the point where you can either shoot directly from a new ceiling to another instead of filling back up to the bottom. If you want a little bit more you see there is a wrapping pattern:

code:
Wrappers per level
0: 
1: 0
2: 0 1 0 
3: 0 1 0 2 0 1 0
4: 0 1 0 2 0 1 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 1 0
Each wrapper is placed before and after the next higher number to become the next wrapper, so on either side of 2 we have 010 and on either side of 3 we have 0102010 and so on forever. If you want to construct all of them in order, it's a sequence of ~4k moves, but you can easily synthesize the entire list from the get go (and cut out any part of it you've done) and follow it explicitly. I've had good luck just 010 and intuiting what I need to do next (am I trying to isolate the highest ceiling? I need to get rid of the ones below it sequentially. Am I trying to buy everything below it? Focus on how to buy the highest one not owned.)

IN MOST CASES you will want the highest one you have and all other glass ceilings active. Each one affects a specific tool for multiplication, but the total multiplication is affected by all the ceilings you have unlocked. You should make sure you can reach your goal and fill in the lesser slots before you go for the next ceiling up.

Feel free to suggest things to put in the OP(s)

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 4, 2013

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
I'd suggest linking the wiki to http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcastle_Builder instead of the comic wiki, it has all game-related links like list of tools, boosts and badges.

Also I just got the 60 Fractal sandcastle boost and haven't molpied down, should I do it now or wait til I can unlock time travel another way (I think it's through Logicat? I'm not sure).

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Of course XKCD fans would find something fun and decide that it'd e far better with layers and layers of poo poo joke obfuscation.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
Not to mention a mechanic that basically makes you wait for 12 minutes to do anything, at the beginning. Can't click for sand until the NewPixBots make their castles, and auto-converts sand to castles... so you basically start at 0 with nearly no sand. Because you're supposed to "Wait for it." Because a game is fun if you just sit there doing nothing for 12 minutes! Woo!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I dont understand how the hell Trebuchets work. There doesnt seem to be any button to destroy castles, what is going on here?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
This is probably the worst thing ever, thank you :)

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I dont understand how the hell Trebuchets work. There doesnt seem to be any button to destroy castles, what is going on here?

At the ONG, they automatically try to destroy that amount of castles (each), and if they are able to destroy enough they will build the number of castles it lists. If you have less than the number it needs to destroy, it'll just destroy all of them and not build any new ones, but you never really need to worry about that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TwystNeko posted:

Not to mention a mechanic that basically makes you wait for 12 minutes to do anything, at the beginning. Can't click for sand until the NewPixBots make their castles, and auto-converts sand to castles... so you basically start at 0 with nearly no sand. Because you're supposed to "Wait for it." Because a game is fun if you just sit there doing nothing for 12 minutes! Woo!

Honestly, the whole glass chip poo poo is worse, IMO, at least getting started with it. It takes 20 hours to get the 40 chips you need to be able to accelerate it at all. (10 to boost storage twice, then 30 to get Sand Refinery).

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gentleman posted:

I'd suggest linking the wiki to http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcastle_Builder instead of the comic wiki, it has all game-related links like list of tools, boosts and badges.

Also I just got the 60 Fractal sandcastle boost and haven't molpied down, should I do it now or wait til I can unlock time travel another way (I think it's through Logicat? I'm not sure).

Done. Also I molpied down when I got fractal sandcastles and you should probably just do it. With ~50 Peta I think I got double on my overall castle multiplier, and you get back to where you need to be really really fast with the boosted castle amounts. Unfortunately, your glass production suffers since you blast through everything, but it's really not that bad. I did that earlier this week and I'm up to glass ceiling 7 now. It's worth it just for the boost to castles.

Also it takes FOREVER to unlock all the DoRD boosts you earned before, especially before you can afford automation.

TwystNeko posted:

It eventually gets shorter with boosts, and later on that's when you pee/get a sandwich/have a reality check and quit. Then again I also liked WoW flight paths for the same reason.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Every time a NP happens (the clock ticks over) they automatically destroy the castles, then build them. Sand tools work constantly, castle tools once per NP. I'll make this clear in the OP.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Can someone explain the Glass Ceiling sequence again? I think that would be good for the op. I'm up to level 5 or so but I have no idea how I did that and now it gets harder and I'm stuck, I think.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Oenis posted:

Can someone explain the Glass Ceiling sequence again? I think that would be good for the op. I'm up to level 5 or so but I have no idea how I did that and now it gets harder and I'm stuck, I think.

Sure.

e: done

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 26, 2013

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Thanks! The 0-1-0-intuition mantra really helped, and before I knew it, I smashed the ceiling. Now to further sandy shores and figure out what's next!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Oenis posted:

Thanks! The 0-1-0-intuition mantra really helped, and before I knew it, I smashed the ceiling. Now to further sandy shores and figure out what's next!

I keep hoping for another crate so I can smash it for the sweet sweet blocks inside. That's how I powered up to 7, and probably the only way I'm gonna smash through myself.

Upping your chip/block production is so slow compared to other things since they artificially limit each other by competing for sand and then whichever one of you want more of you need enough of the other etc.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
How many cats do I have to click to unlock the next cat frequency upgrade? I got the one at 16, and the Department at 32, is the next at 64?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Elswyyr posted:

How many cats do I have to click to unlock the next cat frequency upgrade? I got the one at 16, and the Department at 32, is the next at 64?

Yes, but it's a DORD-granted upgrade, so it may not be as soon as you hit 64.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Small OP tip would be to zoom out the screen a bit, default gets very cramped.

I don't get a lot of the criticism for this - wiki aside, the "injokes" aren't worse than other games like this, or really other games in general, it just looks like people raging on the comic. Who cares though, it's trash and the game is good. And waiting for stuff is the point of these games. You go to sleep, go to work, come back and see how things grew. Read some posts, click a cat, read some posts. Make dinner, buy some stuff, watch a movie. You're rewarded by being active, but overall they're like screensavers you fiddle around with once in a while to see what pops out, only this one's much more involved than most and has exponentially more stuff.

Which leads to the whole ninja stealth thing. Does this change with upgrades or do you really just have to decide between "losing the majority of your income and level progression by pausing the game when you're not around" and "constantly resetting your ninja ranks?" As things are, even getting 36 looks like eighteen hours of consecutive "active" play, and that's ignoring the badge at 30. Seems like fundamentally contradictory design, unless the developer intends people to use automated scripts, which would also be pretty weird! That and hiding the sheer usefulness of time travel behind a spoiler unlock are my biggest complaints here, though the puns were the bad kind of obnoxious too. But totally play this if you're playing any of these dumb things, so far it's very good at shaking things up to build in new directions. It's also very actively updated by a guy that's whole-hog into the spergfest instead of being kind of weirded out that people are obsessively playing his silly weekend game for months on end, which translates into a crapload of stuff to aim for.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

OG17 posted:

Ninja Stealth

There are upgrades that multiply how many points you get from each stealth bonus, first by three, then by a hundred, then by a thousand, and probably more after that though that's as high as I've gotten. Just be sure that before you get the x100 one you get the badge for breaking the streak between 30 and 35, since that both gives another upgrade and is a badge for the things that multiply stuff by number of badges.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Of course XKCD fans would find something fun and decide that it'd e far better with layers and layers of poo poo joke obfuscation.

No poo poo. This has nowhere near the excitement or inviting design of Cookie Clicker and its ilk. It's like someone asked an engineer to make the visual design OH WAIT.

OG17 posted:

I don't get a lot of the criticism for this

It's boring as poo poo. There's no style to it, it looks like a shipyard management application, and it's just not engaging. It is Aspergers-flavored clickity bullshit.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 27, 2013

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

It's boring as poo poo. There's no style to it, it looks like a shipyard management application, and it's just not engaging. It is Aspergers-flavored clickity bullshit.

It's full of paradigm shifts which keep things interesting. You get new currencies and higher magnitudes of production to work towards, in a way, that's really rewarding. Cookie Clicker was cool for a while, but since there's no updates, watching numbers go up got really stale, once you approach a lot of condensers and heavenly chips you stop caring. With the beachclicker you just keep opening doors, and the slower pace makes it more like a puzzle. I don't even know what I'm saying and why I'm defending an idle game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oenis posted:

It's full of paradigm shifts which keep things interesting. You get new currencies and higher magnitudes of production to work towards, in a way, that's really rewarding. Cookie Clicker was cool for a while, but since there's no updates, watching numbers go up got really stale, once you approach a lot of condensers and heavenly chips you stop caring. With the beachclicker you just keep opening doors, and the slower pace makes it more like a puzzle. I don't even know what I'm saying and why I'm defending an idle game.

How is that any different from Cookie Clicker? It's the exact same thing except that the problem with Cookie Clicker according to you is that it ends. This on the other hand does the exact same things except it looks and plays like fetid rear end.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
I can understand why people wouldn't care about any of these games but I can't understand how something with a zillion moving parts is boring but "click on cookie" isn't.

Interface is very functional, which is exactly what I'd ask for with so much stuff going on. Not that it's perfect though, as it'd be really nice if similar upgrades were grouped together by stuff like base item and function instead of strewn all over their tabs, particularly for sand tools/displays, even if it's not a huge deal with everything expanded. Also be nice if the color cat upgrade worked on item tab icons too, and if new badges were marked so you could find them, but whatever.

OG17 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 27, 2013

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The number says 600, wow this is a very exciting start to what I'm sure is a very exciting game!

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Eugh, this is really bad. Probably only fun for XKCD fans.

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
I've barely been aware of the comic and only have read it when linked to me, but I find the game really enjoyable. v:shobon:v

Then again I loving love math, so there's that.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why is buying and selling given such bad visual real estate? Why is version number's button the second biggest button in the game? Why do the achievements take up 75% of the screen? What the gently caress is '0 sand/mNP'? Newpix 1 The Sandcastle Eon The Pre-expansion Era The Debut/What? Period? What the gently caress does anything mean?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

madeupfred posted:

Why is buying and selling given such bad visual real estate? Why is version number's button the second biggest button in the game? Why do the achievements take up 75% of the screen? What the gently caress is '0 sand/mNP'? Newpix 1 The Sandcastle Eon The Pre-expansion Era The Debut/What? Period? What the gently caress does anything mean?
I assume it has something to do with this:
[quote="Pollyanna" post=""422414741"]This has nowhere near the excitement or inviting design of Cookie Clicker and its ilk. It's like someone asked an engineer to make the visual design OH WAIT.[/quote]
This requires a lot of effort for an idle/CookieClicker game. :effort:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I couldn't read of that OP, OP. I saw "game" and then a mountain of text which looked hella boring but my eye did catch a key phrase

quote:

This game is not for people who want to turn on a game, and look at it go and interact with it once per day. Idling is helpful, but ultimately you need to be doing some stuff.

Is the player base full of those guys who complain that you're not a gamer if you only play CoD? I bet it's like that.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
This is the most autistic game in a genre that practically defines autism.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still playing it because I am a sucker for every idle game. What's the fastest way to speed up glass production? I've just gotten the camera and I'm saving up for the recycling beanie. Also, I'm still not really sure I see the glass ceiling pattern. By the way, for P to E castles, what I find works is to get the first glass ceiling to boost your Pixbots, then jump back to shortpix and unlock the Navigation code for cybernetic boosts, which should boost you up fast enough to get Phonesaw within a couple of rounds.

Inadequately fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 27, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
So it's Cookie Clicker except totally missing the joke.

I'm beginning to think Cow Clicker wasn't just satire but an apocalyptic vision of the future.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 27, 2013

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

How is that any different from Cookie Clicker? It's the exact same thing except that the problem with Cookie Clicker according to you is that it ends. This on the other hand does the exact same things except it looks and plays like fetid rear end.

Yeah, Cookie Clicker just ends and is basically just linear upgrades all the way, whereas Beach Clicker introduces new sets of currencies, a different approach and obscure things, puzzles and secrets that you need to wiki and do some research, to keep things fresh. It's really nerdy, and usually I would be all like :effort: too, but since I was at a point where I exhausted Cookie Clicker and looked for something different and a little deeper, I followed the tutorial someone posted, and after I got over the initial learning hurdle and the sandcastles kept rolling in and numbers where climbing, I was hooked.

I'm now at ceiling 10 (ceiling 11 is available but out of reach for now) and my sand and castle production is through the roof, I think the next steps for me are the Chateau d'If upgrades and furthering my Glass Production. I'm at 300 blocks/7500 chips (1500 after blocks I think) per NP atm, and it's pretty slow. How much are you guys getting and how do I best upgrade that?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Miijhal posted:

So it's Cookie Clicker except totally missing the joke.

I'm beginning to think Cow Clicker wasn't just satire but an apocalyptic vision of the future.

Some of us have jobs where we want to be able to do something in between running slow jobs on our slow computers and you can't exactly play DOTA2 on your work computer. They fill a pretty specific niche of "thing I can tab to every 30s-1min and still be mostly doing everything I need to".

Croccers posted:

This requires a lot of effort for an idle/CookieClicker game. :effort:

I think this pretty much sums it up. You do not want to open this game in a tab and then go masturbate for 2 hours. If you don't wanna sperg about math then it is OK for you to close it.

For the haters: this is made by one dude likely in a basement, with a few internet volunteers who have coded up a module or two as well. Since I'm guessing his adless page probably generates ~0 dollars for him to hire a designer with, and it's likely this guy doesn't have a huge pool of friends to pull artists out of, he gets a pass on the graphics. It's pretty common for games like that to look like poo poo. See: every idle game other than cookie clicker.

e: Also we were making GBS threads up the cookie clicker thread pretty bad so now we have this thread that you can go to (or not) instead!

Inadequately posted:

I'm still playing it because I am a sucker for every idle game. What's the fastest way to speed up glass production? I've just gotten the camera and I'm saving up for the recycling beanie. Also, I'm still not really sure I see the glass ceiling pattern. By the way, for P to E castles, what I find works is to get the first glass ceiling to boost your Pixbots, then jump back to shortpix and unlock the Navigation code for cybernetic boosts, which should boost you up fast enough to get Phonesaw within a couple of rounds.

I think for P to E I just jumped up to ceiling 3 since they're pretty cheap on non-glass by then. I think from nothing 3 takes exactly 140 blocks, so if you do all of it with ASHF up which is very doable after an automation run it takes ~60 blocks to get 33^4 on your super fat trebs, which will usually get you to E castles/sand in one ONG.

As far as glass production goes,

Oenis posted:

I'm now at ceiling 10 (ceiling 11 is available but out of reach for now) and my sand and castle production is through the roof, I think the next steps for me are the Chateau d'If upgrades and furthering my Glass Production. I'm at 300 blocks/7500 chips (1500 after blocks I think) per NP atm, and it's pretty slow. How much are you guys getting and how do I best upgrade that?

I might be wrong if you're in some place where you can easily get crates or something because my production is pretty far behind, but my glass ratio is more like 4200/143. I'm trying to keep glass blocks at 8% sand exactly, and filling the rest with chips. This usually means that I have enough blocks to spend a few on some boosts, and at the same time can usually upgrade my extruder once per NP. You want to get to the point where you can upgrade the purifier and extruder at the same pace as that will overall decrease sand use fastest, and allow you to upgrade both production facilities equally and frequently.

I know at some point getting crates over and over is a way to get glass, but I'm not close to that really. I just broke the ceiling and will be stepping into PW castle/sand next odd NP, and probably EW after that given how much I'll be able to up my flags/waves with that income. I'm honestly not sure what the plan is from there on out, I'm at logic level 20, and have achronal dragon, fractal fractals, and ninjasaw ready for purchase when I hit EW soon, but those don't really seem to be the way forward to higher W levels. At this point I've been riding the wave/flag interaction up about 1 prefix level every 2 NP and I don't know how much longer that's going to be possible.

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 27, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

So maybe you can recommend what I need to do next, Eldercain: I finally got past the stupid glass chip barrier and have glass block production (currently 31/1), but I've kinda stalled out around here.

Should I just try to save up castles and poo poo and hope to pop an ASHF on Free Advice and start the ceiling stuff?

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
You don't have the boost that gives you a permanent 80% discount? I remember free advice being much cheaper. I'm pretty sure that's a Swedish Chef boost too, so it's weird that you have Shopping Assistant but not that one. Anyway yeah, get Free advice, get a few glass ceilings, and that should take you to Exa Castles.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Inadequately posted:

You don't have the boost that gives you a permanent 80% discount? I remember free advice being much cheaper. I'm pretty sure that's a Swedish Chef boost too, so it's weird that you have Shopping Assistant but not that one. Anyway yeah, get Free advice, get a few glass ceilings, and that should take you to Exa Castles.

Yeah, I have Family Discount.

philbr
May 2, 2009

Eldercain posted:

At this point I've been riding the wave/flag interaction up about 1 prefix level every 2 NP and I don't know how much longer that's going to be possible.

I'm not at home at the moment, so this is all from memory, but I think I'm closing in on 1 FW/NP doing exactly that, and yes, it really slows down. I can buy maybe three or four new flags per NP, so I guess it will soon stop being effective. On the other hand I finished my first sand mould maker thingy this morning, and the sand mould filler should be finished when I get back home. I didn't want to read spoilers this time, so I have no idea what these will be doing. Hopefully the next big step towards one Squili Ferro Wololo castles or whatever.
God, talking about this makes me feel like the biggest nerd. Why is this so fascinating?

edit: May I suggest at least mentioning the Kitty Clicker script in the OP? The first few kitties I hunted myself, but after that the early game tedium might have been too much to handle without that script.

philbr fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 27, 2013

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any way to speed up Logicats? Sitting around and waiting for them is tedious as heck. I'm at level 4 and still haven't gotten a worthwhile reward from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

philbr
May 2, 2009

Inadequately posted:

Is there any way to speed up Logicats? Sitting around and waiting for them is tedious as heck. I'm at level 4 and still haven't gotten a worthwhile reward from them.

You will be able to buy a caged logicat soonish from the DoRD, which can be force-fed glass blocks in exchange for logic puzzles.

• Locked thread