Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

New Thread! Yakini Server!!

Server is ACS and 2x Speed!

Welcome to Ogame, home of pubbie tears, excitement and watching timers. Looking for a great game to play at work? Or a game you can manage for 1-3 minutes at a time throughout the day? LOOK NO FURTHER

http://en.ogame.gameforge.com/

Join #ogame on synirc for chat

Server: SELECT UNITED KINGDOM UP TOP FROM THE DROP DOWN THEN SELECT THE YAKINI SERVER

There's not as many people playing UK servers so we can reap the tears of pubbie starships.

Okay, so you're not actually going to be destroying or making starships that you'll be able to pilot like that. The construction of said starship looks something more like this.

With that being said, the game at it's essence is very fun and rewarding. You set construction for resources, fuel, technologies, research facilities and fleets and a timer will count down until it finishes it. Basically this game is great to hop on, do a few things and go from there.

You enter this game by building resources and defenses at first. I recommend using this guide: http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide

Another build which is very similar http://sg-wguide.webs.com/beginnersguide.htm#703457530

After you get the basics down the first thing I would recommend that these guides don't say is build a rocket or two for defense because you WILL be attacked.

Here is a good build strategy on basic defense building: http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Build_Strategies

To join the new goon alliance click the Alliance tab and search for SDCGOONS or GOON. My name is Gunktacular.

If you need help just get on the IRC Channel, people are very friendly and helpful!
Join #ogame on synirc for chat

TIPS AND THINGS TO MAYBE READ

Primaris posted:
Everyone make sure to check your mail and do the tutorial, you get rewards from doing it! Gonna put that into the OP but it's how I communicate with each of you. Just a note [GOON] continues to grow we keep getting new applicants! Soon we will be dominating space. I recommend to anyone interested in starting to PVP and raid to look around your galaxy for white named players and hover your mouse over their name and make sure their rank is around the same as yours or lower. Send out espionage probes and depending on the information you receive you'll be able to tell if you can farm that planet for resources. Once you attack you need to send a supply ship with your fleet to carry the loot back. If theres tons of loot carry more than one. The past 2 nights I've just been using this neighboring planet as a resource farm, sending in light planes and a supply ship to carry back his sweet precious loot. Build more supply ships for more resources hauling!

PoopinClumpin posted:
Tip: Don't do what I just did and start flipping thru galaxy pages trying to figure out how that works. I guess each page swap uses up deuterium!

Primaris posted:
Research computer technology allows you to send out multiple fleets. For example I'm farming two separate colonies at the moment, I've brought in 100k+ metal 70k+ crystal and 20+ deut today. One guy I'll send 3 light fighters 1 heavy and 3 cargoes and the same to the other and bam free farming. Do some espionage to make sure there's no defenses and they keep supplies stocked.

Primaris posted:
Follow the tutorial by clicking the question mark on the top left of the page, completing those gives instant rewards.

Primaris posted:
To those applying in the app field no need to put SA user profile info, this alliance is being shared with coworkers of mine as well so it isn't necessary to be a goon to join this.

Another thing to mention is energy management. On the resources tab page on the bottom right you can control energy management for example if you had too much metal but need crystal and not enough power, decrease metal production and bam wham.

Primaris posted:
It is possible for an alliance to rendezvous together and attack a single target. this will be happening.

There is a feature called alliance coordinated attacks where all ships gather and attack single planets. It will be good.

As a newbie keep a couple of cargo ships in reserve sitting at your home planet in case of an attack and you need to send funds to an off-shore banking account. You can send to my planet in this event and I will return them when it's safe.

quote:
Raiding advice

I can't say if this is the most efficient but this is what I did.

Before espionage probes:
In Galaxy go through +- 10 systems of your home and make a note of any inactive (i) or (I) players that are of rank 1500+ (the higher the better). Anyone below that will have low production. You can check further than 10 but bear in mind further distance = more time spent getting there and back.

This will cost you 10 deut per page so its best to actually note down the coordinates so you don't have to keep checking.

Once you've picked your target, send one small cargo on an Attack mission there. It's a slight risk as you won't know if they have defenses but I've not met an inactive that has.

If you feel you can afford the 10 deut cost, you can check each world in the Galaxy menu before launching a cargo ship there to make sure it hasn't been recently raided by another player ([!] or [number] symbol).
If the cargo ship returns full or nearly full (4995 total units), it's worth sending to the same place again. If not, try somewhere else.
Get your computer tech research up to 2 asap, this is fairly quick and will give you 2 extra fleet spaces. Build more cargo ships as needed. You can also get the fleet commander for 5k DM per week which gives you an extra 2 slots.
After getting computer tech, start working towards espionage probes.

After espionage:

Mostly the same, but you can make sure that your target has a decent amount of whatever resource you want by probing first. If you do the tutorial you should have 3 probes which is plenty (they're really quick).
To probe, either click the espionage button in the galaxy menu or conduct a normal mission in the Fleet menu but select your probe. If 50% of the resources detected by the probe won't fit into 1 cargo ship it might be worth sending 2.

Even though inactive raiding is a bit hit or miss, its still very worth it if you're active

Best reason to play this game:

quote:
Crazy_Tom 16.03.2014 20:07:26
This is a warning that I changed one of your planet names as it is offensive. Any further offensive names can result in a ban.

Crazy_Tom
Game Operator Xalynth

-------------

Mern 17.03.2014 04:44:22
Will not happen again. Is fart considered offensive?

-------------

Fart is fine.

Crazy_Tom
Game Operator Xalynth

COMBAT SIMULATOR http://websim.speedsim.net/index.php

Serjeant Buzfuz fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Friends and family are welcome to join too with referral!

Galaxytool is ONLINE

For those new to this here is the description:

The Galaxytool is a multilingual, stand-alone tool for the browser-based MMO OGame ©.
Galaxytool allows players or alliances to create and manage a map of their universe and store reports/statistics/notes on various aspects of the game. With this tool you can get information which OGame does not give you directly by actively updating your galaxytool.

This tool is super useful and I highly encourage everyone to get it setup.

Register here: http://en.galaxytool-hosting.eu/goontool/
Check your spam folder for the activation email!!!!

Get your flavor of browser extension here: http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Firefox_Extension

Directions on how to set it up are here: http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Toolbar_usage_(Chrome)

After you apply for the gtool, post here with your username or hit someone up in IRC chat.

Serjeant Buzfuz fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 19, 2014

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
This thread is a lie. There are no 'pubbie tears' only endless weeks of micro-managing your lovely patch of space all the while wondering who the gently caress is sending those mass messages requesting espionage reports like can't they do that for themselves and more than likely we'll accept anyone in thi

JOIN US

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Also, I could use a couple admins to help with the Gtool, need people to approve applications and grant access when I'm offline (or on the wrong side of the world).

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Just signed up for the tool as Valatar.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Valatar posted:

Just signed up for the tool as Valatar.

You're all set.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.
This is the best time to get in because the new universe just started. Help us form the (soon to be) mighty Goon alliance. Game is perfect for killing as little or as much time as you need. For a browser game it's pretty well polished too. Come on IRC if you have questions or want to chat.

e: also this universe has alliance combat system so that should be fun.

Spyde fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 17, 2014

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Resigned for alliance tool 'Stevefin'

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Signed up for the tool as hit button.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
This game gunktacular is censoring me.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

cupachabra posted:

This game gunktacular is censoring me.

whoops,
had to fix the ranks, does it work now?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

FatAndUseless on tool.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

FatAndUseless on tool.

hit button posted:

Signed up for the tool as hit button.

Stevefin posted:

Resigned for alliance tool 'Stevefin'

Okay, you're all added!

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I really don't see why this is necessary but I have registered on the galaxytool as 'cupachabra'

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

cupachabra posted:

I really don't see why this is necessary but I have registered on the galaxytool as 'cupachabra'

Uh, no you haven't. I don't see you on the list?

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

cupachabra posted:

Sharing info among the alliance is pretty invaluable.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Spyde posted:

Sharing info among the alliance is pretty invaluable.

Let's not fight this early into the game start. I love you and all you stand for.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Registered for new galaxytool as TheSloof

TiredDaemon
Jul 14, 2006

Xythar, Kill: Spoonsy, ##Vote: TiredDaemon

Registered as TiredDaemon

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Registered as Remb

How easy is it to get dark matter? Looking through the menus, it seems like there's a lot of buying power in that currency.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Remb posted:

Registered as Remb

How easy is it to get dark matter? Looking through the menus, it seems like there's a lot of buying power in that currency.

You can find it in small amounts via expeditions, but it's fairly rare. I found maybe around a thousand units on the previous server. You're not wrong about it being powerful though, if you check the leaderboards, the top guild already has a couple of thousand points, and that can only come from dropping cash on the game to speed things up.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Are there any restrictions on raiding? If I blitz my way to small cargos using dark matter can I immediately start raiding my neighbors before they get defenses up?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Signed up on tool as Spacebound Spider.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
People are being very aggressive... day 2 and already probing and attacks going on.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Yeah definitely recommend people get at least a couple of rocket launchers up ASAP so you aren't completely defenseless.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Up to 25 goons already, its still a great time to get started early on a new server!

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
Signed on the tool as Thistledown.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Signed up as Anticheese.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Thistledown posted:

Signed on the tool as Thistledown.

Anticheese posted:

Signed up as Anticheese.

Okay, you're both in now.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
In as Pryce.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
If you or someone you know happens to be named RuffNutt, I denied your application because "I've seen goonies! LOL" really just doesn't answer the question. If you are a goon/related, go ahead and reapply.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Pryce posted:

In as Pryce.

All set.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Setting up the tool says I don't have permission to insert things. Did I do something wrong, or is my account messed up?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Pryce posted:

Setting up the tool says I don't have permission to insert things. Did I do something wrong, or is my account messed up?

My mistake, missed one of the check boxes. Should be working now.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Gunktacular posted:

My mistake, missed one of the check boxes. Should be working now.

All good now. Thanks!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

On galaxytool as sm0kes.

James Totes
Feb 17, 2011
i have made a post

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot
I'm a new player, started yesterday evening, and I'm rank 813.
I have 1 1k neighbor and 2 2k neighbors.

A new colony just popped up beside me : rank 10, and with the alliance PFJ.

How scared should I be?

Edit: Oh and, I'm DrWard in galaxytool

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You have the support of the swarm, no need to be scared child. Also he's too high of rank to attack you anyway..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Running With Spoons posted:

I'm a new player, started yesterday evening, and I'm rank 813.
I have 1 1k neighbor and 2 2k neighbors.

A new colony just popped up beside me : rank 10, and with the alliance PFJ.

How scared should I be?

Edit: Oh and, I'm DrWard in galaxytool

You can join us in the IRC too. #ogame on synirc

• Locked thread