Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I bet you were hoping there wouldn't be a thread this month. Well too bad, gently caress you.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's talk about doctrine, and how it pertains to sticking sea creatures into hoo-haws.

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqxa3H9vY-Q

never forget

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

i have one friend who was in the air force and he got solicited for blowjobs like half a dozen times by a drill instructor cause the drill instructor found out he played WoW so he liked him. this was like 8 years ago. my question is how many faggots are there in the air force as compared to the army (my dad was in the army and told me there's a ton of fags in the army) and navy (fag central obv lol)

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

ginsing posted:

i have one friend who was in the air force and he got solicited for blowjobs like half a dozen times by a drill instructor cause the drill instructor found out he played WoW so he liked him. this was like 8 years ago. my question is how many faggots are there in the air force as compared to the army (my dad was in the army and told me there's a ton of fags in the army) and navy (fag central obv lol)

It's the air force, we're all faggots.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

pkells posted:

but in comparison to other services how likely are you to, say, find a boyfriend

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I guess that depends on whether or not you consider acquaintance rape a "relationship."

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

so there are a lot of rapists in the air force too then or are you just saying gays can get a little more rowdy t

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ginsing posted:

but in comparison to other services how likely are you to, say, find a boyfriend

The Navy definitely shies from Judeo-Christian baggage like monogomy, it's more like homo-Saturnalia down there

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

Snowdens Secret posted:

The Navy definitely shies from Judeo-Christian baggage like monogomy, it's more like homo-Saturnalia down there

just a lot of people loving/eating/gambling/drinking/merriment is mostly what i'm looking for, so maybe the navy is the branch for me. i was interested in the air force though because to my knowledge rape and homosexuality are both more accepted in it

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

pkells posted:

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum
I work with a flaming human being, but he's a total douche for using me for sex. In my ALS class there were three of us, both the other dudes had bfs but they were smarter than I was and steered well clear of other mil gays. There's gays everywhere you just gotta know where to look (the underground gay network).

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

rip

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Holy crap lol how have I never seen this?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This needs to be in May's op:

I think I can beat that:

MobMentality
Aug 22, 2007

I'm Mike Doyle.

Dead Reckoning posted:

I think I can beat that:

I win.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
AF nerds, tell me about the Offutt area, looks like I'm moving there. Any big plusses/minuses to living on the Iowa side? I won't be on the base proper so commute is a non-issue.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Snowdens Secret posted:

AF nerds, tell me about the Offutt area, looks like I'm moving there. Any big plusses/minuses to living on the Iowa side? I won't be on the base proper so commute is a non-issue.

I actually grew up in the area, two biggest minuses to living over in Iowa is the commute and the fact that a significant portion of Council Bluffs proper is a shithole (it's basically Omaha's East St. Louis, just not quite as bad). If you live on the Iowa side outside of Council-tucky, your proximity to meth labs and general trashiness will go down a fair amount (not down to zero though) but your commute will increase quite a bit. As far as plusses, only real advantage I can think of is that if you want to live on a bigger plot of land as opposed to a suburbia style house with a yard you can get that across the river and be closer to downtown Omaha than on the Nebraska side (only areas on the Nebraska side are way on the outskirts of the metro).

The problem with the Omaha metro is that other than the I-80 corridor, the 370 corridor in Sarpy County (both of which run E-W), and the two interstate loops (I-680 and I-480) there isn't really an easy way to get around, so traffic can be a pain in the rear end. Everything's relative so it's not like we're talking LA traffic or whatever, but for example, unless you are both living and working somewhere near one of those interstates there's no real easy/quick way to get from the Iowa side to Omaha proper. Additionally, the city is pretty sprawled out (especially in the west and south) so that also complicates driving anywhere. If you're willing to share the specific area where you're going to be working I can give you some pointers on where a good place to live would be.

Other than that, Omaha's a pretty nice area. Quite a few good restaurants, some semblance of actual culture in Dundee and Downtown, and then you have the Old Market and Riverfront area which has really come into its own over the past couple years. You also have the Zoo (regularly ranked as one of the top in the country) and the month long tailgate otherwise known as the College World Series. Nebraska taxes suck (especially property taxes) so that's probably one plus to living across the river, but crime is low and the city as a whole has a pretty robust economy that has been consistently growing since the '90s and that wasn't really hit too hard by the '08 recession. Other than North Omaha and portions across the river in Iowa (and maybe South Omaha depending on your feelings towards living in Little Mexico), there isn't really any "bad" areas to live, it just depends on what you are looking for as far as environment.

I know xaarman used to be stationed there, so I'm sure he'll have some input. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to ask any specific questions.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 2, 2014

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

A Kpro posted:

I work with a flaming human being, but he's a total douche for using me for sex. In my ALS class there were three of us, both the other dudes had bfs but they were smarter than I was and steered well clear of other mil gays. There's gays everywhere you just gotta know where to look (the underground gay network).

do you guys have rape stats for the air force and what're they like in comparison to other branches? this is a stretch but is there data for male on male rape? also has being around so many gays caused you to question your sexuality/experiment in any way (blowjobs etc. the good stuff)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ginsing posted:

do you guys have rape stats for the air force and what're they like in comparison to other branches? this is a stretch but is there data for male on male rape? also has being around so many gays caused you to question your sexuality/experiment in any way (blowjobs etc. the good stuff)

I can't tell if you're trolling for rear end or just trolling. Frankly, GIP regulars do both in here much better.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Godholio posted:

I can't tell if you're trolling for rear end or just trolling. Frankly, GIP regulars do both in here much better.

best to assume both

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Swore in yesterday. The Air Force counselor wouldn't stop calling me a bro. Oh God. Oh Dear God.

Also, what was that about hot gay singles in Air Force? :pervert:

HellishWhiskers fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 3, 2014

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HellishWhiskers posted:

Swore in yesterday. The Air Force counselor wouldn't stop calling me a bro. Oh God. Oh Dear God.

Find out how to get into the ~Secret Gay Mil Facebook~. That poo poo will net you the best sponsors and connections ever. Its how my bud got his room mates, car, and sugar daddy.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

HellishWhiskers posted:

Have you not ever read the Air Force thread

What the gently caress

There are much easier ways to get gay rear end than the Air Force - just ask N4I

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Nostalgia4Infinity is my hero and my role model.

I also only care about gay rear end with reflective belts on it, thank you very much.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
n4i and whiskers are the new af power couple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQr54vp0I0

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Helldump Immunity. posted:

n4i and whiskers are the new af power-bottom couple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiIoinCRQVA

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:eyepop:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Helldump Immunity. posted:

n4i and whiskers are the new af power couple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQr54vp0I0

:laffo:

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
I didn't know that the Air force section of GIP was so full of fag hags, well done

HellishWhiskers fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 4, 2014

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

pkells posted:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:cheeky:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

pkells posted:

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
gently caress it anything to help yall arc rope

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Gays in Platoons

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

HellishWhiskers posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Gay for Pay (and also Healthcare)

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

HellishWhiskers posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Gays in Platoons

Excuse you, it's Gay Island Paradise. :colbert:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
i'd suck one of u off for some dental insurance tbqh

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Follow up to my posts asking about getting unknown websites unblocked. I submitted the review request form on the Bluecoat website, from the link on the 'site blocked' or w/e page, and my webapp was unblocked the next day. Bluecoat categorized it as 'business/economy' which isn't on the AF's naughty list. I had to do this from a home computer since the form doesn't work on gov comps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Dominoes posted:

I had to do this from a home computer since the form doesn't work on gov comps.

I was getting freaked out by the lack of anything dumb until this part.

• Locked thread