Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

tna is a bad and stupid company.

-----

THIS MONTH ON TNA (does wrestling even matter anymore?)

- The Beautiful People are still terrible and feuding with Brittany and...who cares this angle sucks.

- EC3 and Bully Ray are still feuding. Also Bully still wants to put Dixie through a table. TNA.

- Bram (Kenneth Cameron, also known as THE COP BEATER) is in TNA now, trying to get Magnus to embrace his violent side.

- Kaz is gone from TNA now. His last match was one of the worst things I have ever seen in pro wrestling. Not joking.

- Eric Young is feuding with totally not an evolution ripoff: MVP, Kenny King, and Bobby Lashley

- Did I mention how stupid the above angle is? Because it is.

- I'm sure I'm missing a feud but its entirely forgettable, like most of the TNA roster.

----
Kaz's last match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQyvDw2M2Kg

----

Next TNA PPV:

----

I WAS NOT PAID FOR THIS FOURDOWN PLUG. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND MAKE CLETUS HAPPY.

----
An image that has more effort put into it then TNA has ever put into their booking (thanks MassRafTer):

if anything is wrong in the thread i dont care because its tna

Also congrats to AJ Styles for winning the TNAsylum Pioneer Award.

Look how happy he is.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You forgot that MVP got injured yesterday and the X-Ray was inconclusive.

Also is that really the Slammiversary posted? If so that's amazing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Whoops. Updated the poster with another one I found. It's just as TNA worthy though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I guess TNA is finding out what horrible things can happen when you tape TV six weeks at a time and don't bother to schedule one final taping within a week of a PPV.

One misfortune? That's possible. Two misfortunes? There's an outside chance. Three or more misfortunes? I'd like to see that!

*Sting disappears for no on-screen reason*

*Vince Russo returns backstage*

*Kurt Angle blows out a knee*

*every TNA-grown "star" runs screaming from the company as soon as their contracts are up*

*Jeff Hardy decides to work under a mask as an insane wood-elf*

*PPV main-eventer MVP destroys knee with final two weeks of build-up already in the can and no opportunity to tape new material*

I'm really watching this to compare it to 2001 WCW at this point, but I think TNA might be more pathetic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

----
An image that has more effort put into it then TNA has ever put into their booking (thanks MassRafTer):

if anything is wrong in the thread i dont care because its tna

Hey now you forget that Vince Russo says he spent 3 months writing the 1/4/10 script!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm really watching this to compare it to 2001 WCW at this point, but I think TNA might be more pathetic.

TNA will always be more pathetic than WCW because WCW reached higher heights than anyone ever had before collapsing hilariously.

TNA has been failure after failure after failure forever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Great White Hope posted:

TNA will always be more pathetic than WCW because WCW reached higher heights than anyone ever had before collapsing hilariously.

TNA has been failure after failure after failure forever.

It's WCW during the Disney tapings. It is magical

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Dixie clinging to Hogan's leg as he leaves is the gold standard of TNA desertion

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

skaboomizzy posted:

Dixie clinging to Hogan's leg as he leaves is the gold standard of TNA desertion

Talking about gold standards, has Shelton Benjamin ever been in TNA or was he the one that got away?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Grendels Dad posted:

Talking about gold standards, has Shelton Benjamin ever been in TNA or was he the one that got away?
Angle was trying to bring him and Haas over at one point but it never worked out.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I am excited for the 10th Slammiversary, Slammiversary 12.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Good for Benjamin (and Haas). I wasn't sure there for a moment because forgetting about the six or so weeks Benjamin could have been there seemed very TNA to me.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

He's safe and sound wrestling for NJPW and occasionally some small indies after his stop in ROH since leaving WWE, no involvement with TNA at all.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I can't tell if Tazz's "FREAK" is better than Tenay's "FROM THE TOP OF THE CAAAAAAGGEE".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhhMnh7KrEM

At least they're providing us with some truly memorable moments.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Five minutes before bell time at the show last night:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Has Abyss really been champ for a whole year?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Has Abyss really been champ for a whole year?

Tends to happen when the belt isn't even mentioned on TV, let alone defended ever

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It's TNA, Abyss' reign is a rip off of Ambrose, duh :rolleyes:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sweeney Tom posted:

Tends to happen when the belt isn't even mentioned on TV, let alone defended ever

the television title

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The title picture is kind of a Doomsday Clock for me. They slowly phased out the Knockout Tag Titles, now the TV Title. Next comes the regular Knockout Title, X-Division Title, Tag etc.

The last episode of Impact will feature the last title holder not defending his title and in fact not mentioning that there is a title, and then TNA will disappear in a puff of smoke.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

ChampRamp posted:

Five minutes before bell time at the show last night:

I was just wondering if TNA still exists and I see the answer is, "technically."

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

It's been all weekend, any more word on MVP's knee injury?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

skaboomizzy posted:

It's been all weekend, any more word on MVP's knee injury?

Nothing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

MVP did keep his bookings in the Netherlands after suffering a knee injury over the weekend for Preston City Wrestling in the UK. He worked for Dutch Pro Wrestling yesterday, appearing as their general manager as he was unable to wrestle. MVP was on crutches and appeared not to be able to put any weight on his knee.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

So they're just going to air the next two taped Impacts as is, then shoehorn a quick injury angle into the start of Slamiversary? I can't think of anything else they can do.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

At this point I'm expecting a Magnus-esque match from MVP/Young, where MVP lies around for 15 minutes while Spud, EC3, Lashley, Kenny King, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray, and more people all run in and brawl.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

So they're just going to air the next two taped Impacts as is, then shoehorn a quick injury angle into the start of Slamiversary? I can't think of anything else they can do.

I suppose they could do something web-exclusive. It'd probably get as many or more views as Slammiversary will.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What the hell, are people actually paying money specifically to see MVP?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Getting to see guys you've seen on TV is a pretty big deal, especially if you're overseas, where you wouldn't even have had the chance on the fairly regular schedule the US gets.

Remember, TNA regularly draws many thousands to every show when they do their UK tour.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Bigass Moth posted:

When I lived in England as a kid there were local feds who would book such exciting and high profile wrestlers as the Bastion Booger and he drew like crazy compared to their normal dudes. So yes, "special guest as seen on tv" draws fairly well for indies.

bartok
May 10, 2006

So is MVP still not have a written contract with TNA?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They signed an actual contract in late April apparently, no idea how long it's for though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IIRC it was a two year deal. Hopefully he's being paid handsomely because this gig is really dumb. Even by MVP's standards.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Hopefully he's being paid handsomely

Hahahah if you think TNA is paying him handsomely. Or on time for that matter.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

Hahahah if you think TNA is paying him handsomely. Or on time for that matter.

Only if his name were John Cena. Maybe not even then, actually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MVP isn't white, but he is a man, so 50/50 odds on him being paid decently by TNA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
AJ STYLE'S FACE AND CAP ACCEPTING THE TNASYLUM PIONEER AWARD

Can't breath

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ahahahahahahagahaha

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oh my god

Adbot