Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
azreal
Sep 2, 2011

Same for lord of the rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
empire strikes back rules

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
goku

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You're pretty dumb OP.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
You know who's loving dumb, bitch, it's you

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

For real, though....those movies are legit boring and practically unwatchable.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
It's so dense, every single image has so many things going on.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

azreal posted:

For real, though....those movies are legit boring and practically unwatchable.

Like your posts, yes?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

azreal posted:

Same for lord of the rings.

hey man good to see you again

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Roargasm posted:

empire strikes back rules

gives off an illusion of character development while actually achieving nothing of the sort, main character is an unsympathetic whiner who hams it up in all his pivotal scenes, shoehorns in a nonsensical plot twist for nothing but pure shock value, token black character is a shifty traitor who only does the right thing when there's absolutely no other option, han solo basically sexually assaults princess leia and it's supposed to be "romantic", relies on a goofy puppet character obviously designed to appeal to kids for a good portion of its runtime, is shot like an episode of doctor who

drat i was just trolling at first but now that i think about it....

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gay

something9999
Oct 7, 2013

Benedick Cuckold posted:

gives off an illusion of character development while actually achieving nothing of the sort, main character is an unsympathetic whiner who hams it up in all his pivotal scenes, shoehorns in a nonsensical plot twist for nothing but pure shock value, token black character is a shifty traitor who only does the right thing when there's absolutely no other option, han solo basically sexually assaults princess leia and it's supposed to be "romantic", relies on a goofy puppet character obviously designed to appeal to kids for a good portion of its runtime, is shot like an episode of doctor who

drat i was just trolling at first but now that i think about it....

lol

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
here's an idea: all of art is poo poo and bad and if you like art i got two words for ya suck it

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Yeah and what's the deal with Jar Jar Binks am I right????

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

here's an idea: all of art is poo poo and bad and if you like art i got two words for ya suck it

:stare:

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

Skeleton King posted:

hey man good to see you again

You too man!!

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

oh come on are you really saying THIS is stupid azreal

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
only retards think that star wars isn't dumb. we know that, op. We still like it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Star Wars (along with comic books and LOTR) is our modern mythology.

Luke means a lot more than Jesus to most people these days.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why does han have to leave the rebel alliance to pay off jabba? they paid him at the end of the last movie for saving the princess, why didn't he just drop off the money at jabba's palace real quick and then come back to hoth sometime in the three years between the movies

why did the empire use slow-moving, clunky walking tanks instead of hovering tanks or tanks with wheels like a sensible loving army

why didn't the rebel spaceships just fly off into space in the opposite direction from where the imperial ships were. maybe there were empire ships all around the planet but they never showed that. plot hole, sloppy filmmaking

how did the millennium falcon fly to a planet in another solar system within the span of a human lifetime without using faster-than-light travel

why do we spend an entire scene listening to lando prattle on about mining guilds and administrative problems? i mean jesus christ i thought this was a space action movie

couldn't the empire think of a better way to sabotage the falcon's hyperdrive besides just flipping a switch to the "off" position? this is the enemy we're supposed to be afraid of for three whole movies?

none of this poo poo makes sense and it basically shatters any suspension of disbelief that would be required to enjoy this dumb movie. you have to come up with convoluted off-screen explanations to make the plot make sense, and you shouldn't have to do that for any movie worth half a poo poo. basically every star wars movie is like this too

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Star wars is cool cuz it's about a nerd who defeats his evil samurai dad.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Gross! He made out with his sister!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

King of Internet posted:

Yeah and what's the deal with Jar Jar Binks am I right????

a comedic kid character for a kid's movie.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

MOOBS! posted:

oh come on are you really saying THIS is stupid azreal

i forget what page of the book that was on

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

star wars is basically just a ripoff of a kurosawa film using a generic hero's journey template with meaningless buddhist and taoist philosophical mumblings grafted onto it

they should have tried something more original, like maybe starting off with a hero's journey template but then completely subverting it partway through the trilogy. and it would have been a breath of fresh air for a mainstream film series to unabashedly make use of christian themes and imagery instead of just cribbing poo poo from *~the mysterious orient~*

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

star wars is cool i want one of them lazer sword thingies

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Benedick Cuckold posted:

star wars is basically just a ripoff of a kurosawa film using a generic hero's journey template with meaningless buddhist and taoist philosophical mumblings grafted onto it

they should have tried something more original, like maybe starting off with a hero's journey template but then completely subverting it partway through the trilogy. and it would have been a breath of fresh air for a mainstream film series to unabashedly make use of christian themes and imagery instead of just cribbing poo poo from *~the mysterious orient~*

You're a huge loving dork.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Not a big fan of Star Wars myself but a big fan of people wearing disco suits & sick medallions in space movies.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Benedick Cuckold posted:

one of the reasons star wars was popular was because it was a feel-good adventure movie that came out during a time when every movie was a gritty+dark action deal with a mean antihero.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Not a big fan of Star Wars myself but a big fan of people wearing disco suits & sick medallions in space movies.

wait why was kirk the one banging all the hot aliens?

bones owns

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh yeah, OP, liking star wars is totally about the legit drama, human emotion, high-minded science fiction, and expectation defying plot. Like, people are totally into the the artistic value of the thing.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Benedick Cuckold posted:

Thats loving bullshit! loving you star wars is the original, loving japan copied, they always loving copy everything. loving bullshit.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

gannyGrabber posted:

You're a huge loving dork.

right, and who the gently caress are you?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

star wars but make it more like game of thrones!!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

who would expected bad gay good, good guy bad, everyone dies

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I enjoy all the star wars movies but I fell asleep during the first lord of the rings and never bothered to watch the other 2

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

redshirt posted:

destroy mankind
the old myths had a plausibility, nobody knew that gorgons was made up
this poo poo is known to be fiction, like slenderman

gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Benedick Cuckold posted:

poo poo
"oh breath of fresh air to use THE BIBLE one of the pillars of western literature and old as poo poo book from,

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nerds tell me how the empire is not like 1000 years old

if jedis were walking around forcing poo poo in living memory, and the republic was from like 10 years ago, hwo the gently caress does nobody belive in the force

why does that one dude call vader a socrerer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Nerds tell me how the empire is not like 1000 years old

if jedis were walking around forcing poo poo in living memory, and the republic was from like 10 years ago, hwo the gently caress does nobody belive in the force

why does that one dude call vader a socrerer

because its a fictional movie and has a lot of plot holes in the conception of it, if you start to think about it as a real universe

• Locked thread