Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

It is late-spring in the Atlantic. The sun shines down on a mighty fleet surrounded by nothing but blue ocean waves. They travel swiftly leaving long trails in their wake. The group of ships is diverse in both size and purpose, each fulfilling its duty to the fleet, each part of the whole.

They move together in harmony and coordination that only years of training and experience can produce. Their formation is a symbol of their unity and of their strength. They are powerful, with enough combined firepower to destroy all those who might threaten them. Other ships give the fleet a wide berth, not wishing to invoke their ire.

However the fleet does not yet know that they are being stalked, that danger is not to be found on the waves but rather deep beneath them, down in the icy darkness.

quote:

Meanwhile, on an internet forum that totally isn't this one, the survivors of the Lurf tribe are preparing for their immunity challenge. They are nervous, they've only known each other for less than a week. They don't want the fragile alliances they've made to be tested. However their nervousness is growing to impatience. Wasn't this challenge supposed to start an hour ago? Where is the moderator? Who is running this shitshow?

The host Juan Ceņa is nowhere to be seen. The poor, pathetic backup mod Assina is trying desperately to keep order, but her attempts at keeping the survivors entertained are only making them angrier.

"NO MODS, NO MASTERS!" they scream at her!

Suddenly her eyes light up, she has been struck with inspiration. "Don't worry guys the challenge isn't canceled!"

The Lurfs sigh in relief that this challenge can finally get underway. They've been waiting long enough and just want to get this over with. Hopefully this won't take too long, they all think to themselves. Eagerly refreshing the page finally they see Assina post again. Her words blazed across the screen.

"Tonight's immunity challenge will be Battleship!"

Welcome to Battleship mafia, a game for up to 17 players.

This game will be heavily flavoured by events that went on in Awful Survivor: BYOB and is intended as a simple beginner game for those who were in that game to break into mafia. As such, I will unfortunately be reserving all spots initially for those players. However, if not all 17 spots fill up I will be letting those who watched the survivor game take whatever spots remain. Whether we fill all 17 spots or not I'll close signups on Monday and we'll get started.

This is a newbie friendly game with minimal power roles to help get people's feet wet and entice them to play more in the future. Standard mafia rules will apply, listed in detail for the new players:
  • Game day will last 72 hours and night will last 24 hours.
  • Thread will be closed at night
  • No fake day actions (spoiler: there are no day actions in this game)
  • No posting after hammer.
  • Lynches will be majority. As such the day can end in a no-lynch.
  • No quoting/screenshotting mod PMs
  • No editing posts
  • Scum will have a copy of the vanilla town role.
  • No outside communication (except scum using the scumdoc).
  • No speaking once you're dead except for a single contentless :ghost: go town :ghost: type post if you want
  • To vote for someone type ##vote targetname with bold tags. If you want to remove your vote but not vote for anyone else type ##unvote in bold. If you want to change your vote to someone else, just ##vote newtarget again, no need to ##unvote.
  • Try not to lurk. It's not nearly as fun. If you start lurking I will prod you, but I really don't want to have to modkill anyone in this game.
  • If you have any questions about the game or your role, please PM me.
  • Don't think too hard about the flavour, it's meant to be silly.
  • Have fun!

As a note, this is my first game and I hope it goes smoothly, but if there's an issue please be patient with me. Thanks to Opop and Poque for helping me with balance and figuring out votefinder.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Players
  1. Rarity
  2. Byers2142
  3. CapnAndy - Vanilla Town, Torpedoed N1
  4. Dhaes
  5. Dr. Hurt - Vanilla Town, Torpedoed N4
  6. Fast Luck
  7. IcePhoenix - Vanilla Town, Sunk D2
  8. King Burgundy - Vanilla Town, Torpedoed N3
  9. Mr. Maltose
  10. mr.capps - Scum Goon, Sunk D6
  11. Propaganda Machine - Vanilla Town, Sunk D1
  12. Sandwolf - Vanilla Town, sunk D5
  13. Silly Burrito - Cop, Torpedoed N2
  14. Skinty McEdger - Vanilla Town, modkilled D4
  15. Tremendous Taste - Doctor, Sunk D4
  16. windshipper - Tracker, Torpedoed N6
  17. Wolery - Scum Godfather, Sunk D3
  18. Your Personal Muse - Vanilla Town, Torpedoed N5

Asiina fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 25, 2014

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I am in, but will only really be able to participate after this weekend (if that's ok?). :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's actually starting on Monday.

I was going to put up signups tomorrow but realized people might be away for the weekend.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Only for you Asiina

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Oh, that's in the OP.

Sorry, I've gotten like 3 hours of sleep or less the past 3 nights.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm just here to pre-claim the first open spot if not all of the survivor vets come over. :) Now I'll vanish until such a time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm told after a traumatic experience to be able to move on with your life you need to confront it. This applies even if it's a big thing, or even if it can be contained in one square.

I will play your game of Battlehip Mafia.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

King Burgundy posted:

I'm just here to pre-claim the first open spot if not all of the survivor vets come over. :) Now I'll vanish until such a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OemNp6hgX4

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm told after a traumatic experience to be able to move on with your life you need to confront it. This applies even if it's a big thing, or even if it can be contained in one square.

I will play your game of Battlehip Mafia.

The horrid sting in my soul will only heal by facing again the one square submarine. I'm down.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

So traumatised am I, I can't even spell Battleshup.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
It should say a lot about how much I enjoyed Survivor that I am willing to put my PERFECT FORUMS MAFIA RECORD on the line to play with these people again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will play the thing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah sure fine whatevz

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I'm passing, pretty busy at work and I'm realizing that having mafia as a distraction is a great way to fall behind.

Thanks though!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh God not Battleship not again

(I'm in)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

Only for you Asiina

Last one standing, first one lynched, that's me! :v:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Oh God not Battleship not again

(I'm in)

Please don't hurt me. :ohdear:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

windshipper posted:

Please don't hurt me. :ohdear:
Why would I hurt you? We're going to be on the same team.

Aren't we.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Hm. Hmmmmm. I haven't played Mafia in years. On the other hand, I love yelling at strangers.

Sure! I'd love to play!

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
It's me!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Yep, sign me up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hi. OK.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Put me in I'm gonna win

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Why would I hurt you? We're going to be on the same team.

Aren't we.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIb17Ytv3o

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Wait I don't think you read the OP...?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I know you were going for appropriateness, but drat, that is not one of their better works.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We're only four short of a full reunion :dance:

...which means this reunion is already better than the one for Caramoan :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
...wait hang on shouldn't there be 18 spots? Did somebody die?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Only Winson and Dhaes haven't said anything one way or another. I sent both of them PMs, but they may be away for the day, so their spot is still reserved for them until tomorrow evening.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

...wait hang on shouldn't there be 18 spots? Did somebody die?

Majuju told me straight up that he didn't want to play, so I didn't include him in the count.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Majuju told me straight up that he didn't want to play, so I didn't include him in the count.

That's a shame.

Would limiting oneself to posting animated gifs even be considered scummy?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

I know you were going for appropriateness, but drat, that is not one of their better works.

Yeah it's pretty terrible :(

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Most of the tracks from Heartbeats and Brainwaves were misses, which makes the three or four good songs off it even better by comparison.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Most of the tracks from Heartbeats and Brainwaves were misses, which makes the three or four good songs off it even better by comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu_necdkOec

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, Zodiac is a way stronger album.

I have Electric Six Opinions.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

windshipper posted:

Wait I don't think you read the OP...?

poo poo well keep me in as an alternate then.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
can i play asiina?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay, we're full!

Roles will go out either late Sunday night or Monday morning.

• Locked thread