Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Post here about Ray Rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Ray Rice is a bad person

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This thread needs to die a quick and painful death.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

commy gun posted:

This thread needs to die a quick and painful death.

its here so the N/V thread stops getting shat up. Its up to the mods :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This tread is asking to be beaten.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
WC Feels @Hegelbon · Jul 25

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the Holocaust
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Not sure what the big deal is, I beat my dick unconscious all the time and I barely ever get fined for it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, but you're not supposed to be a role model for kids.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Look we all agree Ray Rice got unfairly punished and isn't that bad of a guy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It was a private matter and Herr Goodell getting involved is ridiculous

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
The important thing is that he didn't smoke weed while he did it.

Let's keep a sense of perspective, please.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ray Rice is such a shithead... He hosed up so bad, and I love how he expresses it:

"I made the biggest mistake of my life."

This is a difficult sentence to comprehend coming from a man that fumbled the football in a goddamn Superbowl. Now, an NFL player has to do something truly heinous for it to be a bigger mistake than coughing up the ball in the biggest game of his career.

But I'll be damned. Ray Rice found a thing that is objectively worse and it's not close... Ray Lewis is a murderer, Roethlisberger is a rapist, and Rice is a wife beater. At least they won't all be Hall of Famers.

But they've all got RINGZ!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 31, 2014

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
what

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

football fuckerman posted:

WC Feels @Hegelbon · Jul 25

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the Holocaust
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
[911 Operator]: Dispatch, we got a strange call about a TFF thread mentioning a black male named Rice.

[Lt. Ozie]: Rodger dispatch. We have another thread errr channel for these calls.

[911 Operator]: Sir. no one is responding

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Goodell explains why Ray Rice gets 2 games and Gordon gets a year:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/roger_goodell_explains_why_jos.html

tldr: Rice was real sorry, Gordon violated clearly laid out rules in the CBA

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Roger Goodell is human trash

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
mary kay wrote it so according to posters in this forum goodell planted that story

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Febreeze posted:

Ray Rice is a bad person

he's gonna get booed by every stadium

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frinkahedron posted:

he's gonna get booed by every stadium

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I am surely not fond of Ray Rice, I tell ya what

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This whole thing disgusts me. The Steelers would never support a high profile player who is violent towards women.

The real question we have to ask ourselves is this: how many cheered because he is a good player they want to support and how many are just good old-fashioned fans of beating the poo poo out of women?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This whole thing disgusts me. The Steelers would never support a high profile player who is violent towards women.

The real question we have to ask ourselves is this: how many cheered because he is a good player they want to support and how many are just good old-fashioned fans of beating the poo poo out of women?

All of them and all of them.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

its here so the N/V thread stops getting shat up. Its up to the mods :shrug:

This would be a better topic in N/V than people spending page after page coming up with "witty" ways to use Blake Bortles name. I'd say I can't wait for that horses corpse to be sufficiently beaten by the goons, but at this point there is nothing left but bloody mush and still it goes on.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Sure but it didn't upset lil sperg op

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HappyHelmet posted:

This would be a better topic in N/V than people spending page after page coming up with "witty" ways to use Blake Bortles name. I'd say I can't wait for that horses corpse to be sufficiently beaten by the goons, but at this point there is nothing left but bloody mush and still it goes on.

Tim Teebough

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Get hosed, Bortles is a haul of fame.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HappyHelmet posted:

bortles

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

Goodell explains why Ray Rice gets 2 games and Gordon gets a year:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/08/roger_goodell_explains_why_jos.html

tldr: Rice was real sorry, Gordon violated clearly laid out rules in the CBA

I want Gordon to go to the CFL for the year and clown on people w/ 85

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
bort

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

HappyHelmet posted:

make a thread about it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

HappyHelmet posted:

I dunno, I say you just let goons make the jokes until they get tired. Nothing good comes from keeping that kind of stuff bortled up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I dunno, I say you just let goons make the jokes until they get tired. Nothing good comes from keeping that kind of stuff bortled up.

:thurman:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Are there people out there doing the "I'd let Ray Rice hit me" thing ala Chris Brown?

bortles

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K99OWlAWeN4&t=7s

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I think it's about time we put down the pitchforks and the shields for a minute and looked at this more closely.

1.) Why would the video of Ray Rice dragging his fiance out of the elevator be leaked, but not the video of what took place inside of the elevator?

2.) Why have the court and NFL both stuck so sternly by their decisions, deemed lenient by the public?

3.) Why did Rice keep going into this 'martyr' thing during the first press conference?

4.) Why would his fiance still be so willing to marry him and speak up for him in front of the commissioner?

Let's just think about these things for a minute.

1.) If the video inside of the elevator really made Rice look that bad, don't you think they would have found a way to get a hold of that video and put it out there as well? The reality is that it's possible, that the video of him dragging her out of the elevator is worse than the video of what took place inside.

2.) The NFL and Courts recognize this.

3.) Rice felt bad about the situation, but wasn't fully convinced that he was at complete fault. He's changed his tune, in part, to protect his wife, which is why we may never see the video. Rice and Goodell could have met and negotiated this thing out. Rice takes the two games, doesn't appeal and the tape never gets out.

4.) His fiance knows she hosed up.

She went wild on him, Ray shoved her away from him. I mean, they are in a closed elevator. It's not as if he can walk away. He might have even slapped her. But it's not nearly as bad as the 'two-piece' and 'uppercut' stuff that was coming out originally. TMZ knew it, which is why they only ran with the exiting video. Due to the legal ramifications, we don't hear anything from Ray. Once that all settles, Ray wants to talk, the organization wants him to give it more time. He rushes and it comes out bad, because he doesn't take full responsibility, yet doesn't explain exactly what happened. So, people are still unsatisfied.

He and his newlywed wife meet with Goodell and they decide how this thing is eventually going to play out, which is why the Ravens didn't seem concerned by how long it took for the punishment to come down.

Ray takes his two and swallows them, dealing with the backlash for the sake of protecting his wife, whom he still loves and would like to move on with. They've both been willing to move on. Who are we to tell them that they shouldn't or that it isn't right?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tzen posted:

I think it's about time we put down the pitchforks and the shields for a minute and looked at this more closely.

1.) Why would the video of Ray Rice dragging his fiance out of the elevator be leaked, but not the video of what took place inside of the elevator?

2.) Why have the court and NFL both stuck so sternly by their decisions, deemed lenient by the public?

3.) Why did Rice keep going into this 'martyr' thing during the first press conference?

4.) Why would his fiance still be so willing to marry him and speak up for him in front of the commissioner?

Let's just think about these things for a minute.

1.) If the video inside of the elevator really made Rice look that bad, don't you think they would have found a way to get a hold of that video and put it out there as well? The reality is that it's possible, that the video of him dragging her out of the elevator is worse than the video of what took place inside.

2.) The NFL and Courts recognize this.

3.) Rice felt bad about the situation, but wasn't fully convinced that he was at complete fault. He's changed his tune, in part, to protect his wife, which is why we may never see the video. Rice and Goodell could have met and negotiated this thing out. Rice takes the two games, doesn't appeal and the tape never gets out.

4.) His fiance knows she hosed up.

She went wild on him, Ray shoved her away from him. I mean, they are in a closed elevator. It's not as if he can walk away. He might have even slapped her. But it's not nearly as bad as the 'two-piece' and 'uppercut' stuff that was coming out originally. TMZ knew it, which is why they only ran with the exiting video. Due to the legal ramifications, we don't hear anything from Ray. Once that all settles, Ray wants to talk, the organization wants him to give it more time. He rushes and it comes out bad, because he doesn't take full responsibility, yet doesn't explain exactly what happened. So, people are still unsatisfied.

He and his newlywed wife meet with Goodell and they decide how this thing is eventually going to play out, which is why the Ravens didn't seem concerned by how long it took for the punishment to come down.

Ray takes his two and swallows them, dealing with the backlash for the sake of protecting his wife, whom he still loves and would like to move on with. They've both been willing to move on. Who are we to tell them that they shouldn't or that it isn't right?

lol

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

like it or not, agree with it or not, NFL players are role models and a player receiving a two-game suspension for knocking his fiance unconscious sends a pretty crappy message. especially when a player wearing the wrong cleats brought in a higher fine than, once again, knocking a woman unconscious.

there are a lot of strawman arguments that could be made re: your last little gem of "who are we to tell them that it isn't right" but they've been done to death and I'll be called a SJW or a feminazi or whatever other buzzword applies to "hey, domestic violence is a serious problem and it's Really loving Hard to leave your abuser" so eh. if she hit him, that's wrong as well, but you still do not knock a woman (or anyone!) unconscious and I'm failing to see why some people cannot grasp this simple concept.

in conclusion, bortles

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Excellector can't stop won't stop,

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?118272-Ray-Rice-Meets-With-the-Media&p=795661#post795661

Honestly, I don't even think he slapped her, because TMZ would have definitely followed up the first vid with that one. I think she wailed on him and he shoved her. And I might as well be the one to say it, if, and I mean IF that is how it went down, I don't blame him one bit.

Do we really think Goodell, knowing full well that one video was already leaked, would risk only giving Rice 2 games, with the possibility of an even worse video out there of Rice actually uppercutting or two piecing her? Rice got a game for putting himself in that situation and a game for the embarrassment of the video. The court didn't see much different. Goodell didn't see much different. Rice all but implied that he didn't see much different in his first conference when he kept referencing he and his wife. Hell, the wife even all but implied it in front of the commissioner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
What the gently caress

• Locked thread