Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
[16:13] Session Ident: arnie (synIRC, Arf) (~arnie@83448AC5:D76F2195:F33FD6DE:IP)
[16:13] <arnie> how much of a lifeless fag are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy

That's a high quality avatar right there.
This is why I stay out of IRC

3D Megadoodoo

What are the good IRC channels? I used to go to #gbs-fm but it's loving toxic.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

there are no good irc channels

Dexters Secret

Bo-Pepper posted:

there are no good irc channels

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

actually the blood bowl channel is good if you want to learn about blood bowl so i amend my statement

Dexters Secret

Bo-Pepper posted:

actually the blood bowl channel is good if you want to learn about blood bowl so i amend my statement

too late it's been emptyquoted

3D Megadoodoo

I never got into Blood Bowl as a kid because one of the kids in our class who played pronounced 'blood' so that it rhymed with 'dude' and it made me really loving angry.

Also the figures were expensive and my dad was a computer programmer so we were poor.

3D Megadoodoo

Is there a #reminisce_about_how_bad_runequest_was?

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

what happened to that thread where someone (you?) was playing blood bowl with posters as the team?

straight up brolic

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

irc is a reminder of how terrible your life is

3D Megadoodoo

#[my home town] used to have a bot that would kick people for swearing so my visits there tended to be rather short

But yeah straight up brolic is right.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I never got into Blood Bowl as a kid because one of the kids in our class who played pronounced 'blood' so that it rhymed with 'dude' and it made me really loving angry.

Also the figures were expensive and my dad was a computer programmer so we were poor.

i only ever played the video game though i do now own a real life copy of the game i bought in ireland that has never been played and possibly will never be played

dogcrash truther posted:

what happened to that thread where someone (you?) was playing blood bowl with posters as the team?

good question i was hoping for more of that

it wasn't my thread i did a let's play once in the actual let's play forum and that poo poo's real work

3D Megadoodoo

Bo-Pepper posted:

i only ever played the video game though i do now own a real life copy of the game i bought in ireland that has never been played and possibly will never be played

I seem to remember the review saying it was poop but :shrug: (The computer version that is.)

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I seem to remember the review saying it was poop but :shrug: (The computer version that is.)

well the ai is absolute garbage so it should only be considered a multiplayer game

and the graphics aren't exactly stellar

but it's a faithful rendition of the blood bowl board game with access to all the teams right out of the box and if that interests you well it exists

GEExCEE

Bo-Pepper posted:

i will join this channel after work

alnilam

What is blood bowl? A gam?

Is it anything like bonestorm?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
It's what happenes when a gay man gets his rear end in a top hat ripped and takes a poo.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it is just like bonestorm they should sue

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
is it just me or are dodge skills in bloodbowl the coolest?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

dodge skills are fun right up until your fast but fragile star player gets turned into a flesh puddle

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

they are more fun than simply being able to hit and get hit better i will grant

Damp Star Baby

yeah but even the "tough style" players are pretty fragile. No use when they're stumbled / downed or they always have debuffs like "bone-headed" and "wild animal"

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

the secret is that big guys are almost always not worth the points

a well built team that can contain one is often better served without

with that said i almost always get one because i like the unpredictability

Damp Star Baby

I can't think of any GW game where you ever make your points back on expensive units tbh it's almost like they want you to buy a million cheap dudes and paint them :confused:

heard u like girls

there used to be old chaos warriors so you only had to get like 12 plastic dudes, 5 horses and a hero but yea

Damp Star Baby

that army could get cheesed a million different ways though. Night Goblin Fanatics are a Chaos Knight's worse nightmare :ohdear:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

fyad...byob...which is better? can we ever know? unfortunately not, and that's why god isn't real.

heard u like girls

Damp Star Baby posted:

that army could get cheesed a million different ways though. Night Goblin Fanatics are a Chaos Knight's worse nightmare :ohdear:

haha yea also skinks with poison darts

Damp Star Baby

forums user pig slut lisa we are talking about the warhammers which is serious guy stuff :mad:

heard u like girls

but then again if you ever manage to connect a unit with anything at all they would win cus lol frenzy, kller horsies and lances

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

lizardmen is a fun blood bowl team that is hard to get off the ground

skinks are fun and dodgy but go smoosh

heard u like girls

can u put a big spellcasting skeleton toad in your lizarpeople team in blodbole?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

no unfortunately magic and spellcasting is not really well represented in blood bowl

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you can get this guy though you probably shouldn't

heard u like girls

maybe they hthink its cheating

Damp Star Baby

Humans Among Us posted:

but then again if you ever manage to connect a unit with anything at all they would win cus lol frenzy, kller horsies and lances

yeah I usually go all out Khornate so everything basically dies even if like 3 of them survive to enter combat

Bo-Peps: yeah they're squishly as hell but the saurus are so solid it's a fun dynamic to play with

No better feeling than nuking an entire gameboard with a skink wizard's comet in regular though :byob1:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you can buy at the beginning of each game the option to cast one spell once but it's a dumb thing to spend money on and rarely worth it

Damp Star Baby

Wizards in bloodbowl is good if you want an extra chance at getting a cheap turnover by fireballing / lightning bolting a carrier and maybe a few of his blocker buddies

I like maxing on bribes myself :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Bo-Pepper posted:

the secret is that big guys are almost always not worth the points

a well built team that can contain one is often better served without

with that said i almost always get one because i like the unpredictability

They're mostly for zone control, the tree guys are especially good at this because take root doesn't disable their block zones.

• Locked thread