Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/02/vertu-aster-luxury-smartphone/

Engadget posted:

Vertu has launched a new smartphone, its second in 2014, following the Signature Touch back in June. The new phone is called the Aster, and it comes nearly twelve months after the announcement of the 2013 Vertu Constellation, the firm’s more accessibly priced “lifestyle” model.
The Aster continues the refreshing new trend at Vertu of ensuring the tech inside the hardware matches the high-end exterior. The screen measures 4.7-inches and has a 1080p resolution, but is covered with a 5.1-inch piece of fifth-generation sapphire crystal, and it’s all encased inside a titanium, leather clad body shell.

Last year’s Vertu Constellation was designed to appeal to people who found the TI too masculine, or overly aggressive in its styling. The Aster is softer too, and many of the visual improvements introduced on the Signature Touch – the smooth, sleek sides for example – are repeated here. The leather rear panel will come in a choice of six colors, and in three different styles.
Related: Read our review of the Vertu Signature Touch
A Snapdragon 801 processor running at 2.3GHz powers the Aster, and is accompanied by 64GB of internal storage space. A 13-megapixel camera lens sits behind more sapphire crystal glass on the back of the phone, along with a dual-LED flash. Hasselblad has again been called in to tune the camera performance, which surprisingly didn’t translate into amazing results on the Signature Touch, so it’ll be interesting to see if there have been improvements here. Other features include global 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, an extensive array of supported languages, and wireless charging.
Related: See inside the Vertu factory, where its smartphones are hand made
The Aster should sound great during calls, thanks to the usually excellent speaker, microphones, and noise canceling tech; plus it has stereo front facing speakers and Dolby Digital Plus for optimum audio performance too. Vertu’s usual suite of services such as Classic Concierge, Certainty, and Life are all included, plus a wide range of customization options too. Android 4.4 KitKat is installed, and is subtly enhanced.
Naturally, the Vertu Aster is quite expensive. Prices start at £4,200 (around $6,800) and rise to £5,900 ($9,550) for the most expensive Ostrich leather model. Even one of the gorgeous matching leather slip cases will set you back between £280/$450 and £590/$950. Deep pockets, then, are essential. But exclusivity never comes cheap.

It's big, it's ugly, and it costs more than a new iphone, iPad, macbook, iMac, and appleTV combined. Sign me up!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

don't sign ur thread titles lmao!!! *scampers out of thread*

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I like to give your mom the Signature Touch. hehe.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

regularizer posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/02/vertu-aster-luxury-smartphone/

It's big, it's ugly, and it costs more than a new iphone, iPad, macbook, iMac, and appleTV combined. Sign me up!!!

yeah and I bet it doesn't even bend. cant wait till manufacturers start copying apple on that one

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Moreover like disAster

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
lol the back of that phone

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
you misled me op i thought this would be a thread about the iphone

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Farecoal posted:

you misled me op i thought this would be a thread about the iphone

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

I'm the 117 carat sapphire screen

I didn't realize we measure screens in carats now

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Samsung Galaxy note,44678533 carat sapphire screen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

at least it is launching with the most recent version of android. that's more than most oems can say

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

3 years ago vertu was selling series 40 phones for that same price

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

we already have an iphone thread :confused:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I CAN IMAGINE IN POLACES LIKE SAUDI LABIA THIS KNID OF THING MIGHT BE POPULAR WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE PREPARED TO CALL THE CEO OF ITUNS TO UNLOCK THE MOST POWERFULS servers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

quote:

Ostrich leather model

mods

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shaggar posted:

yeah and I bet it doesn't even bend. cant wait till manufacturers start copying apple on that one

what if it bends but it doesnt break

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nigga crab pollock posted:

what if it bends but it doesnt break

not on your life, my hindu freak

doesn't actually rhyme, does it? :eng99:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
imagine talking to someone and hearing "I paid $6,900 for an android device" from their mouth

$6,900 for an android device

$6,900

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

if your pockets were any deeper the iphone 6+ would fit

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the iPhone 6 bends with normal use :xd:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mobiado and tag huer are also in the expensive piece of poo poo arena. also lol @ the $100,000 dior android phone

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

wait, is someone suggesting that the ultra-rich might lack taste?!!?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

computer toucher posted:

wait, is someone suggesting that the ultra-rich might lack taste?!!?

i'm the solid gold iwatch edition edition

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

if your pockets were any deeper the iphone 6+ would fit

pretty good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ripoff posted:

imagine talking to someone and hearing "I paid $6,900 for an android device" from their mouth

$6,900 for an android device

$6,900

those people also get pristine hand crafted blocks of sugar just to put in theor toilets to piss on and watch disolve

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wish they would drink sunning screen

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
wanna harmonize that guy's face with my fist

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i live half a mile away from vertus headquarters, op.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Widdiful posted:

cool story

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Widdiful posted:

go down there and just mill around the reception desk

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

rotor posted:

go down there and just mill around the reception desk

theres a huge metal gate and its probably closed right now so im not sure but ill give it a go soon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Widdiful posted:

theres a huge metal gate and its probably closed right now so im not sure but ill give it a go soon

please report back

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

rotor posted:

please report back

see my full report on your desk tomorrow.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i didnt know that was their headquarters until this thread lol. i should work for them or something, who knows.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Widdiful posted:

wow so vertu is only the second biggest producer of garbage in that town?

haha im implying ur posts are garbage

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Widdiful posted:

i didnt know that was their headquarters until this thread lol. i should work for them or something, who knows.

there is no more noble profession than scamming the wealthy.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

rotor posted:

there is no more noble profession than scamming the wealthy.

who knows they might even give me a company phone worth big dosh. if i seriously get a job thanks to yospos thisll be loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

• Locked thread