Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In Diablo on battle.net there was this thing where people would insert "Bunny" into their characters name. BunnyOfDoom, EvilBunny and other things that a bunny is unlikely to be. Literally every second person did it. The internet sure has changed since I was a kid.

Edit: Removed excessive go. Was thinking about Energizer Bunnies while posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i was 9 years old and had recently learned the word "human being"

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
that's pretty bunny

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
This never happened, ever, anywhere.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
For the most part it's the same exact generation of people using computers as it was in 1997. So we were young and now we have grown on to more adult names like SkullFucker2014

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Was balls deep in Ultima Online.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was owning the poo poo out of people and breaking e-girlfriends hearts on MSN chat

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I was 7 and playing outside

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i didn't have the internet yet ggood thing too

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mookface posted:

I was owning the poo poo out of people and breaking e-girlfriends hearts on MSN chat

Half of your e-girlfriends were me I still have the chatlogs.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
My parents didn't cave in and get our house an internet connection until 1999, and thank God because I don't want to think of what kind of freak I'd be today!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
$15/hr, access to all municipal and federal courtrooms, just wheeling big uninspected roadcases of video equipment for depostitions. Could've been nukes for all they cared.
Also learned about a little thing called gout.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why do all my drat threads turn into nostalgia fests? Can I not mention a year that existed while you were alive without you waxing lyrical about it? I was trying to make a point about...something....gang tags I think?

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Iggy Koopa posted:

i was 9 years old and had recently learned the word "human being"

woah are you harassing me?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My dad had broadband and a decent pre-built PC but when he asked me what game I wanted in the store I picked "The Logical Adventure of the Zoombinis" over Fallout, Diablo, or anything cool :negative:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Half of your e-girlfriends were me I still have the chatlogs.

There were so many. Nothing better than a thirteen year old girl fingerblasting herself over a lovely webcam

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
You a funkybunny OP :bunny:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

mookface posted:

There were so many. Nothing better than a thirteen year old girl fingerblasting herself over a lovely webcam
:catstare:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ok don't get your panties in a bunch over this ffs.

1: He was 13 himself.
2: That was me with my dick tucked between my legs and I was 15.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I had really lovely internet so I only used it to visit the Beanie Babies website and waited like five minutes for each page to load.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I was visiting the bill nye the science guy website on compuserve and leaving a message in his guest book about why evolution was wrong as part of my home school education

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
We didn't get a computer with the internet until 2001.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
Encarta 95 maze game :whatup:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
so random

remember how lovely this game looked
https://www.google.com/search?q=hover+game&tbm=isch

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eagle

Eye

Cherry

Save Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nntd2fgMUYw

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I didn't have the internet until 2001. I was stuck playing whatever games I could get my hands on via legitimate means.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG posted:

yeah i remember playing the poo poo outta this.

Robbie Fowler fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 27, 2014

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
Best name I saw on battle.net and d2 was Negromancer.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyr472-W9mg

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
warcraft 2

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

1997 was the year when MTV showed its last full-length music video. I remember the VMAs for that year was the first time I saw tiny clips of videos for the first time there on the awards, videos which MTV had never once shown on their channel. I was so loving disgusted, I stopped watching MTV for good that year.

Also, Total Annihilation.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I was in my Junior year in high school and doing a bunch of psychedelic drugs which I kicked in the same year after having a bad trip.

I was also playing a MUD named Carrionfields.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

Eagle

Eye

Cherry

Save Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nntd2fgMUYw

you son of a bitch

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Runaktla posted:

I was also playing a MUD
hope you die

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I was sixteen

Prettz posted:

1997 was the year when MTV showed its last full-length music video. I remember the VMAs for that year was the first time I saw tiny clips of videos for the first time there on the awards, videos which MTV had never once shown on their channel. I was so loving disgusted, I stopped watching MTV for good that year.

1998 in my country was the year mtv became utter poo poo. they started to stop showing anything that resembled rock or good stuff and changed for general mexican pop hits and telenovela opening themes. then they fired all mexican people and changed to what should had been called mtv argentina.

recently i watched a bit of what's left of mtv and cried tears of bitterness. not a single music video.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Prettz posted:

MTV didn't truly die for me until they cancelled Clone High.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary, and my 7th year of teaching. My father-in-law was still alive. I was driving a Nissan Pickup. I was using the single computer in my classroom and the partial T-1 line to show my students the latest data from the Mars Pathfinder mission. I was playing X-wing and Tie Fighter.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Hooked up with girls from Yahoo! Chat. They were usually overweight single moms from the projects.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG posted:

lol i remember this. The time before wikis and you had to buy an encyclopedia still.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Packers won the Super Bowl in 1997. I also discovered what jerking off was that year, so overall 1997 was a pretty good year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Windows 98 posted:

For the most part it's the same exact generation of people using computers as it was in 1997. So we were young and now we have grown on to more adult names like SkullFucker2014

Just think how long it took for Weedlord Bonerhitler to be invented. We sure have come a long way.

genesplicer posted:

I was playing X-wing and Tie Fighter.

Me too! Except I was a child.

• Locked thread