Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

It wasn't until I moved to the city that I realized: Mankind is so technologically advanced that we've paint the drat sky black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

The only thing the big city doesn't have is a sky

deep dish peat moss

When the gypsy girl rings the bell at 8:45pm is the best time to go to the sketchy Circle K. Don't ask me how she knows or why she shares her secret with me.

bog pixie

i dont care about the stars

Stormyish

city life can be described as the most dangerous type of life, all organisms that enter leave mutated, stronger, and sometimes more handsome. take the common rat. in the wild, they are dirty, ugly and quite homely looking. but once they enter the city, their entire biology changes. they become more aggressive, they hunt in gangs and they begin to slick their hair back. researchers are unsure what causes these changes, some state that it's the high calorie diet of fast food, some state the smog in the air, and other angrily stating it's that god drat facebook that's changing the wildlife these days.

joke_explainer

I love the city life. Move from gigantic concrete rectangle to gigantic concrete rectangle. City action. City consumpion. Never touch the ground in a city.

joke_explainer

Sun? What sun. I only know an endless vertical progression. You gain credit. Move to next story. Each better than the last. Ascend

Sun at highest level? Endless light...

joke_explainer

In the center of a city, there's a man, in a tower (at a high place, though not at the top as far as I know). He sends a radio wave to all other in the city. These waves tell citymen what to do. It's orderly.

Bwee

joke_explainer posted:

In the center of a city, there's a man, in a tower (at a high place, though not at the top as far as I know). He sends a radio wave to all other in the city. These waves tell citymen what to do. It's orderly.

VWVWV

I stayed in Manhattan for 6 weeks last year and I enjoyed my stay but I don't think I could live there. blew my mind how dirty you end up at the end of the day after bumping shoulders with a jillion people and their garbage

coming home to a population less than 18,000 was honestly pretty disorienting

Pax Technica

A very technical peace.
I went to a book burning tonight

Tebulot

im hip now bois

There are all sorts of groups and meetings you can go to in cities. If you're lucky you might even meet a secret society

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
the city is a place where different people from different other places and have different ideas about all secretly hate themselves and others for some reason, to which none can explain.

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Tebulot

im hip now bois

I like to see the stars, but I'll trade them for 711's on every corner.

Damp Star Baby

sorry I don't have a lighter

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Damp Star Baby

Has your city's informal and semi-underground aluminum collecting industry been appropriated by Chinese people?

joke_explainer

Damp Star Baby posted:

Has your city's informal and semi-underground aluminum collecting industry been appropriated by Chinese people?

no, but the flagship Apple store here always has a line of 500 Chinese people and their families at every product launch, who buy the entire stock and sell them on Ebay. I think its very enterprising and cool and they probably get a lot of good family time hanging out there.

like a real cityperson, I don't know the people that collect my aluminum cans any more than I know my neighbors. I just push them out into the road and they vanish

Pax Technica

A very technical peace.
thats funny because I buy them on ebay, glue some poo poo on them, and resell them on etsy

Ace of Baes

Hick Magnet posted:

When the gypsy girl rings the bell at 8:45pm is the best time to go to the sketchy Circle K. Don't ask me how she knows or why she shares her secret with me.

dont do heroin, in the bathroom of the sketchy circle k

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bukowski

hammulder
SURE IT'S COOL, BUT IT CUTS LIKE A KNIFE

"10-4 lil buddy my man doobie has a good hot dog go get er next time yer haulin through bama"

BIG BIC SQUAD
Cities are cool to visit but everything is expensive usually

lumpycnt

the starless nights really sucks, i love looking at stars. i'm used to a sky with like 10 stars so seeing the night sky in Norway was incredible.

one thing i love about the city is when it is around 2 in the morning on a Tuesday, the deserted streets and unusual quietness is liberating.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Walking around super early in the morning is nice, it's fresh and empty and generally it's all cleaned by night crews by then

social vegan

oh myyy this is very nice, what is this, brick? oh, it is? nice.

treasure bear

i like looking up at the starless sky and thinking just how big and significant we really are

social vegan

personally, I like riding the beltpods to work where I lay in a pipe for 9 hours at a time and do my best to hold back as much water as possible for iTunes download codes

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Cumt posted:

i like looking up at the starless sky and thinking just how big and significant we really are

the hubris of the cityman is boundless

BIRDCON 2017

parks in the city are dumb gay bullshit compared to parks outside the city

lumpycnt

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

parks in the city are dumb gay bullshit compared to parks outside the city

i thought those were forests??

BIRDCON 2017

i would also rather be in any forest than a city park

lumpycnt

difficult growing weed in the city though

Math Debater

by zen death robot

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

Cities are cool to visit but everything is expensive usually

in the city where i live, a 12-pack of store-brand diet soda costs $2.79 (two dollars and seventy-nine cents). when the store-brand diet soda is on sale, a 12-pack costs only 2 dollars! it is very yummy and i drink lots of it. i like big cities, but i also like other kinds of places too.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

This is bullshit.I live in a city, and on a clear night I can see as many as five stars

ron color
you know those are planets john glenn

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

ron color posted:

you know those are planets john glenn

When in the city, I might even count airplanes and helicopters as stars

social vegan

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

when in fact all the stars are riding inside them

joke_explainer

Android Blues

joke_explainer posted:

I love the city life. Move from gigantic concrete rectangle to gigantic concrete rectangle. City action. City consumpion. Never touch the ground in a city.

lumpycnt

haha yeah that's right. helicopters don't usually have blinking lights, and when far away they move very slow so i often think i'm looking at a star only to realize it's moving a bit too much.

nightsky of the city: 10 stars and 3 helicopters

but it's still possible to see satellites! seeing one is just loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

lumpycnt posted:

haha yeah that's right. helicopters don't usually have blinking lights, and when far away they move very slow so i often think i'm looking at a star only to realize it's moving a bit too much.

nightsky of the city: 10 stars and 3 helicopters

but it's still possible to see satellites! seeing one is just loving awesome.

yeah, you can still see some Iridium Flares and poo poo. it's cool

• Locked thread