Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Balmora Council Club Gold Edition restores cut and unused posts back into the forums across the board, making it the definitive, lore-friendly and officially canon way to experience Morrowind in the modern age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

>>>/sex/
>>>/fag/

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm still waiting for Skywind to come out and be poo poo.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
та же

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
whos the babe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808

heres a build of openmw that lets you steal stuff correctly + is worth trying

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmao.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808

heres a build of openmw that lets you steal stuff correctly + is worth trying

This poo poo's not gonna be done until at least next year and it'll take another year to get a few good mods but when it happens it's gonna be great

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
what's left to do:
http://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap

2473 is the only bug i'm worried about

it's already compatible with most morrowind mods i think, people are posting bug reports for stuff like LGNPC, Uvirith's Legacy, and some window thing

i want to implement skyrim's pickpocketing/reverse pickpocketing just to dick around with it because kleptomania is fun

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress you sunandspring, you fuckin thief

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

It was an open source mod.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

It was an open source mod.

Are you a dex thief or did you put al l ur points in charisma

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Benny D posted:

Are you a dex thief or did you put al l ur points in charisma

I usually do a 5/5/1 stack of Agility/Speed/Luck when I level up.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

What's this about?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bonzi....

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
please come post videos in this thread tiny pujas

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

please come post videos in this thread tiny pujas

I regret to inform you that Tiny Pujas, AKA Bonzibuddy64, got unjustly permabanned by the tyrannical admins of this site.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm worried about bonzi. He doesn't seem to be taking life outside SA very well.

Morrowind is still good.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
just done the hortator missions again (CHIMed my speed up to 500 because gently caress walking around talking to all those assholes)
it's a very boring part of the game but it's so great that pretty much everybody sees you coming a mile away and you're a useful idiot who they can send off to do whatever act of violence they want because you reckon you're a mythical hero

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
by CHIMed do you mean consoling it like a scrub or bending tghe laws of reality like a true nerevarine

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*realizes the full potential of the self while playing morrowind, gets up and achieves all my dreams and desires to lead a fulfilling life* drat that's CHIM

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Average Bear posted:

*realizes the full potential of the self while playing morrowind, gets up and achieves all my dreams and desires to lead a fulfilling life* drat that's CHIM

This happened to me. However, my way to achieve all my dreams and desires was to play more Morrowind

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

if you can believe it, you can achieve it

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Doctor Goat posted:

by CHIMed do you mean consoling it like a scrub or bending tghe laws of reality like a true nerevarine

The Two Are One

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Average Bear posted:

"reach heaven by violence," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the hallmark gift shop with my lovely silt strider

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
personally i don't think morrowind has aged well at all

surc
Aug 17, 2004

What mod

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
http://m.hardocp.com/article/2006/05/23/oblivions_ken_rolston_speaks/

All the dialogue in Oblivion is voiced. How did that affect your approach to writing dialogue? Did it reduce the variety of dialogue you could write? If so, do you prefer fully-voiced dialogue or text dialogue with more branching?

Rolston:
I prefer Morrowind's partially recorded dialogue, for many reasons. But I'm told that fully-voiced dialogue is what the kids want. Fully-voiced dialogue is less flexible, less apt for user projection of his own tone, more constrained for branching, and more trouble for production and disk real estate.

its fuckin true man. games have got worse since people expected the technology to do the work when it can't
For instance in morrowind you get "[There is a brief sensation of motion in total darkness, floating, but without a sense of weight and direction.]" and you read the words and imagine the meaning, it's the miracle of art. But these days the screen would just go weird for a bit and it would suck rear end. In fact I would bet my bottom dollar that that's exactly what will happen in skywind because they're shitfart babies who don't know what the gently caress

vug fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 14, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

vug posted:

its fuckin true man. games have got worse since people expected the technology to do the work when it can't
For instance in morrowind you get "[There is a brief sensation of motion in total darkness, floating, but without a sense of weight and direction.]" and you read the words and imagine the meaning, it's the miracle of art. But these days the screen would just go weird for a bit and it would suck rear end. In fact I would bet my bottom dollar that that's exactly what will happen in skywind because they're shitfart babies who don't know what the gently caress

get mad about it nerdboy

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

vug posted:

All the dialogue in Oblivion is voiced. How did that affect your approach to writing dialogue? Did it reduce the variety of dialogue you could write? If so, do you prefer fully-voiced dialogue or text dialogue with more branching?

Rolston:
I prefer Morrowind's partially recorded dialogue, for many reasons. But I'm told that fully-voiced dialogue is what the kids want. Fully-voiced dialogue is less flexible, less apt for user projection of his own tone, more constrained for branching, and more trouble for production and disk real estate.

drat. Those mothershitting pissbabies are retarded and gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

drat. Those mothershitting pissbabies are retarded and gay.

• Locked thread