Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

certain games only work with certain amiibo

oddium fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 28, 2016

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Let's not forget

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I mained Ice Climbers in Brawl and that custom makes me so angry.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ground floor.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wonder if SMS Rosalina will suffer the fate of Smash Rosalina.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lucina is good in codename steam, ike and marth suck

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Looking at the Smash Amiibos, and the waves, the only ones of the original 3DS/Wii U roster that haven't been announced yet are Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Duck Hunt Duo, and the Mii Fighters.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my brother and i are proud owners of ike and sonic amiiboos.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Amiibos are for babies. Checkmate, thread. :smug:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I need Duck Hunt Duo in my life. And/or R.O.B., but mainly Duck Hunt Duo. Real talk.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Finally got into the Fire Emblem realm with that last Play Asia run. Lucina and Marth will finally get to stand next to Samus and Wario and have a good ol' time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Welp time to work on maintaining my Most Frequent Poster status.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GameSeek (??) has Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario and Olimar up for order. ~$20 each.

http://t.co/o9Y1YCFo85
http://t.co/dOTCZZVWkE
http://t.co/hePQxCTbsE

edit: AmiiboNews/Alerts are saying that they ship via padded bags, so this is a bad option for CIB folks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would say gameseek is okay if you don't care that they ship in a bag. i'd definitely (and in fact did) order from them before b&h/playasia/j-shop

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Ground floor.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

oddium posted:

i would say gameseek is okay if you don't care that they ship in a bag. i'd definitely (and in fact did) order from them before b&h/playasia/j-shop

Yup, I open mine, so bags are fine. I had an Amazon.uk order for Dr. Mario (since he was the only 5b that would ship to the U.S.), but I cancelled him and ordered those three. So I've got 5a and 5b all set, just hoping for a cheaper option before the UK orders ship.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Does Gameseek charge on order or when they ship?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Looking at /r/amiibo they charge immediately.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
New thread? Here is some box art I put together with the help of a template somone posted on Reddit. With and without logos. Currently trying to finish up Wave 4 and 5.

http://imgur.com/a/azzwx

http://imgur.com/a/TVFmu

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Legdiian posted:

New thread? Here is some box art I put together with the help of a template somone posted on Reddit. With and without logos. Currently trying to finish up Wave 4 and 5.

http://imgur.com/a/azzwx

http://imgur.com/a/TVFmu

these own thanks

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Today I now have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. They are opened and standing next to each other and it makes me happy to see them all there :)

Now, I just need Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, Duck Hunt, and ROB and then I'll be free and never have to buy another Amiibo again!

Also, I need to get a glass/plastic display case for them. I like them on a table, but they get dusty :(

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nintendo World tweeted that they'll have Jigglypuff available tomorrow at 9am, limited to 1 per customer. You can line-up at 8am.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Did anyone manage to save some screens of those baller Yoshi patterns from that one video a guy who had a Euro review copy of the game accidentally uploaded early?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Spectacle Rock posted:

Also, I need to get a glass/plastic display case for them. I like them on a table, but they get dusty :(

there's a baseball bat display case from michael's that people go hog wild for. holds maybe 8-10

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spectacle Rock posted:

if only there was a way to not get thme dusty. only a way where you wouldn't have to worry about that. if only they came in some sort of package to you know, to keep the dust out. if only they came with something like that so you wouldn't have to worry about dustinig up your amiibos. sonic, lucina, ness, completely dust free. if only such a way.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Got my inkling on a fluke, someone didn't pick up their preorder I think because all of their other stores were completely out of all of them.

Also reserved my yarn yoshi as soon as the preorders opened. Crossing my fingers super hard.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to see what the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo looks like.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.
I should have jumped on the Gameseek opportunity...I should get Amiibos as fast as they come out. I regret hesitating today.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

OssiansFolly posted:

I should have jumped on the Gameseek opportunity...I should get Amiibos as fast as they come out. I regret hesitating today.

Calm down. You were going to pay $20 + shipping. You will be able to get the new ones for that price at most when they actually come out. Breathe, dude.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
So is there anywhere that still has Robins, Lucinas, or Nesses that I still have a chance of importing from?

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Reinanigans posted:

Calm down. You were going to pay $20 + shipping. You will be able to get the new ones for that price at most when they actually come out. Breathe, dude.

I just want it all done with as little concern as possible.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Reinanigans posted:

Unless you get stuck ordering from a lovely place like Best Buy, where they'll charge you individual shipping per Amiibo and they almost end up $20 anyway.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I compulsively check this BestBuy in the busy shopping center where I work and it just paid off. They had like 12 Metaknights scattered all over the amiibo section so I finally got one. Woo!

Normally they have like 4 pikachus and a toon link.

Works for me, now I have all the Kirbys.

Edit: They also had like 30 silver Mario's fwiw.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 5, 2015

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Silver Mario is great because I think a lot of people thought he would be rare but he's become uncommon at best

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

i agree for the most part but then on the other hand, what if my boys olimar and bowju are exclusives

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Agrias120 posted:

Amiibos are for babies. Checkmate, thread. :smug:

No your for babies

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
You're missing Mewtwo and Lucas in the TBA section. The second most recent direct (where Lucas was announced) confirmed that DLC characters would get amiibo.

EDIT: Also, in the compatibility section, the Hyrule Warriors section could use a mention of the fact that once the Spinner is unlocked Link and Toon Link unlock a high-starred Link weapon.

And no mention of the upcoming Animal Crossing cards?

jivjov fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 5, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Why doesn't Nintendo just order up some web-based order system for amiibos. They'd know exactly how many they'd need to print, and more importantly, it would actually be possible to get them :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alabaster White posted:

Why doesn't Nintendo just order up some web-based order system for amiibos. They'd know exactly how many they'd need to print, and more importantly, it would actually be possible to get them :(

I think Nintendo.jp already does this...I'm guessing there's some retailer agreements in the US/Europe preventing it for the rest of the world.