Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

are you ready for the most epic display of video game prowess this year? gently caress yes, it's the nintendo world championships 2015. the event is hosted by kevin pereira, the guy from cancelled television program attack of the show, and live commentary will be provided by justin flynn (some human being from youtube who makes pokemon lets plays or something) "djWHEAT" (who) and the motherfreaking black nerd comendy guy, andre. also in attendence will be the game grump, famous for appearing on the reality tv show where idiots humiliated themselves in a competition to get an entry level QA job for sony, and a bunch of speedrunners including themexicanrunner, bananas, and trihex.

featured among the games being played is 2015 GOTY splatoon, in the first ever competitive tournament based on a game made by nintendo. good luck, gamers!

vital statistics:
chris b: hobby: smoking blunts while speedrunning
fernando t: loves memes
john g: a mysterious traveler from parts unknown, little is known about this enigma
jordan d: considers himself a rival of the angry nintendo nerd
mike y: underwent extensive cosmetic surgery to look more like his hero, weird twitter personality "@fart"
william h: this motherfucker thinks he can pull off the reggie face
timothy h: william's twin brother (paternal)
michael s: i know this guy in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

drat. Congrats, and good luck to all the gamers who will attend. Can't wait to watch!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

white man world rumble

Soral
May 30, 2009

the event starts sunday at 3PM, at twitch.tv/nintendo, or e3.nintendo.com, and there's also a 25 minute pre-show - be sure to tune in there will likely be some epic reggie/bill memes to see

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm really interested in seeing what the game selection is.

I imagine there won't be any actual old consoles and they'll be playing on VC

how the gently caress is splatoon going to work? the 1v1 is bullshit and its dumb/unfair to have 1 player on gamepad and 1 on controller

overall it should be a good commercial for nintendo though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fernando T. is my homeboy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

assuming he still lives at home, Timothy H drove 200 miles to compete, dude deserved the win

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
are william h and timothy h related

Soral
May 30, 2009

ive analyzed the current trends on twitter and currently john g is the most popular best buy contestant and william h and timothy h are the least popular. good luck, brothers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
themexicanrunner ftw

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
John G has the psycho eyes, man. He's gonna give it his all.

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

themexicanrunner ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

themexicanrunner ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://frankerq.com/330

Soral
May 30, 2009

lmao

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
who was the guy last year during the smash tournament that had a mental freakout with megaman's final smash.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cyron posted:

who was the guy last year during the smash tournament that had a mental freakout with megaman's final smash.

everyone, it was epic

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im rooting for michael s. because my name is also michael s.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cyron posted:

pretty sure that was D1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

any word on the venue and if it's open to the public to attend? went to the smash bros event last year and met reggie fils-aime

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mercurochrome posted:

any word on the venue and if it's open to the public to attend? went to the smash bros event last year and met reggie fils-aime

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

reggie came out to greet everyone in line and they were giving out free ice cream. it was fun

maybe this time i'd meet david pereira or whatever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Free Ice Cweam and glomps from Reggie himself?? Heaven!

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i want to see some old clips of the last world championships, i hope they play them on the downtime

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

AtlasToked posted:

i want to see some old clips of the last world championships, i hope they play them on the downtime

if by old clips of the last world championships you mean trailers and ads for upcoming titles, then yeah I'm sure you'll be satisfied

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He was great at AGDQ this year

Soral
May 30, 2009

AtlasToked posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2OpRgo0dQI

Soral
May 30, 2009

terry lee turok

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

look at that motherfucking Mario costume. thank man

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm rooting for the guy who likes Earthbound.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Earthbound is my favorite, too, is why.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I really hope one of the runners uses the screen wrap glitch so I can see the ensuing shitstorm in twitch chats/youtube comments

my understanding of the new tech was limited, thats only on second quest

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 12, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

on second thought i'm also rooting for john g. because his favorite game is kid icarus uprising.

Soral
May 30, 2009

john g. is a brave man for saying his all time favourite nintendo game is the new hotness instead of some old and dusty crap from 30 years ago like the rest

Soral
May 30, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I really hope one of the runners uses the screen wrap glitch so I can see the ensuing shitstorm in twitch chats/youtube comments

my understanding of the new tech was limited, thats only on second quest

theres nothing saying they need to run the first quest. they can type in their name as zelda to skip to the second quest

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

on second thought i'm also rooting for john g. because his favorite game is kid icarus uprising.

he's a competitive smash player too, he plays Wii Fit Trainer

• Locked thread