Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
I would play this game if it was on PC.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm watching True Blood OP, instead of playing Destiny

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*has never played any other arpg or shooter* holy poo poo..destiny is...amazing

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if u still play destiny u must be as infected with brain aids as the people in the dota 2 thread

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
anyway True Blood... season 1 episode 5 ending... O.o

Dec 26, 2012

cant imagine how insanely good those emotes must be

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

destiny is the most exploitative thing i've ever seen in video games

the entire business model is how can we get wow-levels of obsession and money out of a demo's worth of effort

in the interview with giant bomb the same luke smith said they're cool with people running out of poo poo to do and leaving, because they got their money

i don't think they realise how big a withdrawal they made against their public image

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 23, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the girl just had sex with the vampire

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hbo go is an insanely powerful tool...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

anyway True Blood... season 1 episode 5 ending... O.o

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the girl just had sex with the vampire

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hbo go is an insanely powerful tool...

You're not interesting. Go away.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
What the hell...

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
unless theres a true blood game on the way or in development then please keep chat related to true blood out of the imp zone. namaste

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thug Lessons posted:

I would play this game if it was on PC.

I most assuredly wouldn't

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

*has never played any other arpg or shooter* holy poo poo..destiny is...amazing

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Destiny is the dark souls of Borderlands games.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

luke smith is a degenerate retard and im glad he's in gay sisyphean hell where he has to defend terrible game for a living

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I do t know who that is, but I agree.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Eurogamer is the worst gaming website, worse than this website which contains your terrible posts even, somehow.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
OP needs his head removed form his body with a brutal overhead blow from a Cold Steel brand Scottish Highland two handed sword that is clearly modeled after the Dark Souls Zweihander.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

OP needs his head removed form his body with a brutal overhead blow from a Cold Steel brand Scottish Highland two handed sword that is clearly modeled after the Dark Souls Zweihander.
What's it rated?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The OP is a content creator and shouldn't be decapitated or killed in any way, no matter how awesome.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lumpy is Good

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's it rated?

B strength, D dex.
Must have a minimum of 24 strength to wield 1-handed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I know, these things never work. I know, this probably sounds entitled. Perhaps it is, but I ask that you at least read all of this before you make those judgments and dismiss this post.

If you haven't read the top post by now, Luke Smith has taken it upon himself to slap every last player in the face and show us that we're nothing more than cattle to Bungie. If that sounds reactive or like hyperbole, please read the article and you'll realize that it's a pretty accurate assessment. This doesn't just insult you and I as regular players, but it spits on all of the hard work of everyone who made awesome community tools to fill in the gaps of Bungie's otherwise 6.5/10 game. Things like LFG sites that were made to compensate for the lack of matchmaking; like DestinyPublicEvents or Destiny Item Manager; like Destiny Ghost Hunter or sites that give you a better look at the Grimoire so that you have even the slightest clue as to what story actually exists in this game. The list can go on. We as a community put a lot of time and effort into making this game more than we were given. And don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic people at Bungie working their hardest to constantly improve the game, to listen to us and implement as much feedback as they can, to give use the tools needed to build everything I just mentioned. I get that. I'm hugely grateful for them, too.

However, we can't let an attitude like Luke Smith's dictate the future of this game without being contested. We shouldn't, anyways. We didn't just play this game; we invested in their community. We invested our time and talents to enrich the experience for each other in ways the game itself couldn't. Yet now we're being treated like we're nothing more than a pile of wallets? I get that they're a business, but you don't build a strong base for a game that's supposed to last 10 years by ostracizing and insulting your existing player-base.

For that reason, I implore anyone reading this to consider taking a day off. Just one day of either watching Netflix or playing a different game (new Batman, yes?) or anything else, really. That Tuesday, when they expect all of us to rush back into the weekly events and start knocking out our chores (likely even offering us some trinket to celebrate their favorite day of the year), let's actually show them what happens if we take our business elsewhere. Let's try to drive their server numbers to record lows. Let's organize ourselves as the community that wants this game to be as great as we know it can be and tell them in a way that even Activision can understand that we don't agree with their direction and we're not afraid to go elsewhere (especially after that E3 we were given this year). They need to stay competitive to retain us, so please, I only ask that you consider grabbing your friends and playing something else on Bungie Day this year. Show them that we matter just as much as any new players they mean to attract.

It's your choice as to how the future of this game shapes up, so do you want to try to make a statement or do you want to pay $40 for exclusive dance moves?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm not reading that, bro.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
read THIS *points to my dick*

Soral
May 30, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

[adjusting glasses] the print is too small lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I can't with a magnifying glass, it's too small, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

Bwaahhhhaaha

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

I can't with a magnifying glass, it's too small, lol.

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody got a telescope on hand? I need to read some text on THE PENETRATORS tiny little penis, rofl :D

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Soral posted:

son of a bitch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I want to die the Dark Souls way.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Soral posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

• Locked thread