Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Like did he actually do something that made the world a better place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
He died.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
it's mostly a memetic thing like all religions and cults, op

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

He made a lot of money and they want to make a lot of money.

:capitalism:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
he had better marketing

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

We live in a society that honors and idolizes the rich especially when they are lovely people. see Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
he had an understanding of aesthetics in design hovering somewhere above single-celled animals (thus, the 99th percentile among executives) and was unrelenting to the point of insanity in implementing it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
he was above the bare minimum of retard ceo level and therefore praise worthy

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Because people today have such a skewed value system that clever marketing has managed to replace religious belief with belief in consumer goods. And the sheeple readily follow once you give them the right dose of indoctrination via a charismatic guru.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

steve jobs seemed like a really cool guy to hang around with

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Steven Jobs was an rear end in a top hat who made a lot of money and had the marketing sense to make it trendy and hip to own apple products, even though until the 2000's they were inferior products to many of their competitors.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ROFLburger posted:

I'm sure he would have loved to hang out with you if you were a compatible organ donor :mrgw:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
there are a lot more nuanced answers but i think you can basically sum them all up with "because they are idiots"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

ROFLburger posted:

Steve Jobs got Wozniak to do a bunch of work and paid him a really low rate, then went and got a huge bonus from it that he never told Wozniak about. They were also supposed to be friends.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
he was a bad person and god takes the bad people away :)

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Pitdragon posted:

"because they are idiots"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He thought you could cure cancer by eating fruit or some poo poo, looks like he owned himself despite having unlimited money.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

he had an understanding of aesthetics in design hovering somewhere above single-celled animals (thus, the 99th percentile among executives) and was unrelenting to the point of insanity in implementing it

Nuts and Gum posted:

he was above the bare minimum of retard ceo level and therefore praise worthy

Hopper posted:

Because people today have such a skewed value system that clever marketing has managed to replace religious belief with belief in consumer goods. And the sheeple readily follow once you give them the right dose of indoctrination via a charismatic guru.

all of these together are pretty much the whole story, i declare this thread adjourned *bangs gavel*

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Steve Jobs was one of those guys who knew how to sell poo poo well and gently caress people over when they came up with something good. Other than that, he was a total rear end in a top hat who I despise with a passion. Who the gently caress thinks they can beat freaking cancer by eating fruits and vegetables? A moron that's who.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Steve Jobs, slave owner, is mourned by young people who cry outside his storefronts and leave flowers and cards

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
that picture with the crying dickhead with the dipshit curly-cue hair thing gently caress that guy

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
He was one of the first truly open homosexuals to own a successful business

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Hey I have the most lethal type of cancer ever let's treat it in the dumbest possible way despite having access to the highest standard of care in human history

*dies*

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
man i wanted to live in the future where star trek is a major religion, not macintosh computers

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Bastard Tetris posted:

Hey I have the most lethal type of cancer ever let's treat it in the dumbest possible way despite having access to the highest standard of care in human history

*dies*

Actually it was the *least* lethal type of cancer ever, his doctor was actually overjoyed when he got the prognosis because beating it should have been a synch

But then Ozymandias there decided he was going to beat it with fruit and good vibes and the rest is history~

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
lol if you can't beat cancer through sheer force of will

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Everything I have read about that dude says he was a complete rear end in a top hat. No wonder my dad(in sales most of his life) worships him.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Maybe he was just trying to turn himself into a skeleton so his body could match the iPod aesthetic

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He was a greedy sociopath who made billions of dollars off the misery of others. That is the American dream.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

he thought he didnt have to wear deodorant because he was a vegetarian

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Schweinhund posted:

He was a greedy sociopath who made billions of dollars off the misery of others. That is the American dream.

Anyone who says they want otherwise is a liar or a fool.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Because he abandoned his daughter and refused to admit she existed like a true MRA

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
finally!

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Actually it was the *least* lethal type of cancer ever, his doctor was actually overjoyed when he got the prognosis because beating it should have been a synch

But then Ozymandias there decided he was going to beat it with fruit and good vibes and the rest is history~

ok that's even more awful, what the gently caress

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Who would have thought an uncomplicated clean white aesthetic would have been popular?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
he died for your sins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tarkus posted:

We live in a society that honors and idolizes the rich especially when they are lovely people. see Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.

You're like, super gay

• Locked thread