Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

1. Solitaire
2. Hearts
3. Minesweeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Pinball.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
The most amazing thing from upgrading from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 was the included space pinball game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Browser-based emulators

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm 30 years old.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

coldplay chiptunes posted:

The most amazing thing from upgrading from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 was the included space pinball game.
:yeah:

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I'm 30 years old.
Me too.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 16

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
s/l??

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

my chrome page for this just calls it the Tech N9ne forum now

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Ski free

E: chip's challenge

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Rodent's Revenge imho.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JezzBall

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

there was a shmup i played on dad's pc on his office when i couldn't access neopets

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

memy posted:

Ski free

E: chip's challenge

i came here to post ski free

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that one kids website that had a badass schmup shockwave game on it

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
http://www.angelfire.com/ia2/hammerz/games.html

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
First of all, no, I didn't mistype that. It's the "Revenge of Yar's Revenge". It sounds a little repetitive to me, but oh well. The story behind this game is that you are Yar, a forgotten character from an old Atari 2600 game. Your motive is to take out all the more popular characters that that stole your glory. This game plays much like a normal arcade shooter, the enemies fly down at you, and you try and shoot them before they collide with you. Overall, the best of the Angelfire games, although I highly doubt "Papa Smurf" or "The Kool-Aid Guy" were characters in Atari 2600 games. Try it out and see what you think, e-mail me with questions and comments.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Call the patent office!! Looks like someone has taken good ol' "Ski-Free" and made it into some crappy snowboarding game. And that's basically all I have to say. The gameplay is much like Ski-Free, although the large graphics make it harder to avoid obstacles. The addition of some new tricks is nice, but after a while, they get tiresome. Try it out and see what you think, e-mail me with questions and comments.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Tuesday, March 20 - 6:51pm(CST)

Slight Correction - It has been brought to my attention by a source who will remain un named, that there is a slight error in my summary for the game "Revenge of Yar's Revenge". I had stated "Overall, the best of the Angelfire games, although I highly doubt "Mario" or "The Kool-Aid Guy" were characters in Atari 2600 games." I have since been informed that "Donkey Kong" was actually released for the 2600. This is where it gets confusing, due to numerous technicalities. Although "Donkey Kong" was released for Atari, Mario has never starred in an Atari game. "How is this possible?", you ask. Quite simple, well not really, but here goes. The character that we know today as "Mario Mario" (Yes, his last name is Mario too) has a secret past that we all should know about. Long before his days as a lowly plumber, constantly saving the Princess and all of Mushroom Kingdom from the evil clutches of Bowser, Mario was a construction worker in the city of Tokyo. Many of you may not remember this, and the main reason is because he was not known as "Mario" back then. In his past, Mario preferred to be known as "Jump-Man". This could get confusing, ah hell, it already is, but we will refer to him as "Mario" throughout the remainder of this article. Mario was working on the steel frame for a new high-rise, when, reminiscent of "King Kong", a giant gorilla climbed the steel frame with leading lady in hand. This leading lady was Mario's current girlfriend, Pauline. Mario set after Pauline, but the giant ape was a formidable foe. To keep Mario at bay, the Donkey Kong tossed heavy barrels of construction equipment at him, and even ripped the the buildings framework apart. In the end, Mario defeats the ape and rescues Pauline. "What purpose did that just serve?", you might ask. To tell you the truth, I don't really know. I'm just stubborn when it comes to being wrong, so here's my point. Although, technically, "Mario" never starred in an Atari game, the character that we have grown to know and love as "Mario" did. So, because of this, I must admit defeat and change the summary. Though, technically, I was correct. Not that any of you care, but at least you leave here knowing more than you did before. Until next time.

-Hammer

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Slime Volleyball

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao @ chiptunes

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Top 5 games at the orthodontist:

-banjo kazooie
-super mario 64
-buck bumble
-the take home gas mask that smells like bubblegum
-the floss stuck in my braces

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My dentist had a Wizard of Wor machine.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

My dentist had a Wizard of Wor machine.

You are a liar. Liar!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

You are a liar. Liar!
100 percent true. It was set up not to need quarters.

He also got Centipede at some point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lovely dentist though.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My dentist is a Jew

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Literally his name is Dr. Katz

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The laundromat we went to when I was a kid had a Sunset Riders machine and the auto repair place had a SNES with the Power Rangers game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I had never heard of Sunset Riders until like a week ago.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

:wtc:

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
It's time to pay!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

let's play with kaillera, dibs on cormano

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There was a blizzard where I lived in Maine and we had to live at my dad's office for a few days and he had Dark Reign on the computers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I still don't really know what it is exactly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

http://www.burymewithmymoney.com

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I still don't really know what it is exactly.
It's a really good Wild West-themed side-scrolling run and gun by Konami

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a really good Wild West-themed side-scrolling run and gun by Konami
I'm honestly amazed I never came across it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm honestly amazed I never came across it.

Konami hid the facts.

• Locked thread