Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
At first all rooms seem isolated areas but they are all interconnected, and you can even unlock shortcuts like opening the room window to the garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Honestly there's some obscure bullshit too (thank god for gamefaqs). You know how the world is connected in really cool subtle ways that let you know a bit of the lore? If you turn on the kitchen hot water, the shower in the bathroom will get cold, pointing to the story of The Plumbing Knight. Well if you turn it on and off repeatedly, you'll hear a door slam open and fight The Damp Father, and this is the only known method to do so. How the gently caress is anyone supposed to know this without a guide?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's possible to sequence break and get into the liquor cabinet as much as ten years early, but you'd better have a serious stealth build or find a way to cheese the Armored Dad encounter.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Have you found the portal to the inverted house yet for the 250% map completion?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crack Addict Burglar has invaded!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
op there's a secret area in the bathroom behind an illusory wall called the shower. you should check that out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I used soap to leave a warning about the monster under my bed, but Mom made me scrub it out of the carpet.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I just broke an illusory wall in my brothers closet and found the Green Weed item. Yesterday i took it to dad for upgrading but he got furious and now brother npc no longer appears in his room is this permanent

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I rammed into a weak looking wall until it broke and unlocked the "neighbor apartment" but it seems there was a pissed off boss there and I barely escaped alive.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Invisible Wall In Bathroom? Help! [92 replies]

Hey theirs an invisible wall in the b. room [EDIT: NOT BEDROOM] that I can't get through, there's an invader on other side, room looks identical but reverse? Do I have to talk to other player? How??

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thats just an off monitor.

Edit: this post was made before the op's edit stop spamming my inbox.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Been practicing dodge rolls in the living room for two weeks, ready to cross the street. Wish me luck, goons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At hospital, nvm.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Honestly there's some obscure bullshit too (thank god for gamefaqs). You know how the world is connected in really cool subtle ways that let you know a bit of the lore? If you turn on the kitchen hot water, the shower in the bathroom will get cold, pointing to the story of The Plumbing Knight. Well if you turn it on and off repeatedly, you'll hear a door slam open and fight The Damp Father, and this is the only known method to do so. How the gently caress is anyone supposed to know this without a guide?

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's possible to sequence break and get into the liquor cabinet as much as ten years early, but you'd better have a serious stealth build or find a way to cheese the Armored Dad encounter.

I can't seem to trigger either of these encounters, in fact I don't really see the need to sequence break into the liquor cabinet since you can find Flasks or whatever just lying everywhere.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
With items and enemies that comprise a mix of typical fantasy items and anachronistic 80's technology, and a funny, yet at times extremely upsetting storyline, I'm lpeased to give ArfJason's house the title of earthbound-inspired

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Invisible Wall In Bathroom? Help! [92 replies]

Hey theirs an invisible wall in the b. room [EDIT: NOT BEDROOM] that I can't get through, there's an invader on other side, room looks identical but reverse? Do I have to talk to other player? How??

It's a trap. I tried going headfirst into it and now my head is full of stitches but it might be because the rear end in a top hat on the other side decided to try to headbutt me at the same time!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Found a kickass dagger in the Kitchen, whenever I wield it all of the NPCs run in fear. Is it enchanted, and how do I upgrade?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Prepare to Cry: Mom

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
getting a bit closer to thanksgiving have a neat tradition here at the ol starbarry clock residence where i hide all the food in the walls and my family goes nuts slamming feet through them uncle got a toeful of cranberry sauce last year smacking them around with hammers just really getting into the holiday spirit and i cosplay alucard because dracula is a fag its a great time and the property damage is worth it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Perhaps the best part of the game is slowly discovering the way the world functions and developing new skills. The game begins with no opening cutscene and only the most bare-bones story: you are naked, helpless, and screaming, the kind of intense and immersive game start we haven't seen since Metroid Prime.

At first the player must fight the controls, but soon you'll realize just how versatile your character is, able to grab, hold, throw, and even develop new movement abilities with a deep and complex skill system. Early game goals are simple, but the challenges can seem impossible to overcome. When you finally do so, the sense of satisfaction is enormous.

Eventually, the game opens up in seemingly endless ways: you can become a yellow belt in kempo, a computer programmer, a board game master, a software programmer, a medieval re-enactor, or even an application programmer and designer. Advanced players may even unlock a rumored romance system.

In short, the game is highly recommended, although we found the permadeath system very unforgiving.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

starbarry clock posted:

getting a bit closer to thanksgiving have a neat tradition here at the ol starbarry clock residence where i hide all the food in the walls and my family goes nuts slamming feet through them uncle got a toeful of cranberry sauce last year smacking them around with hammers just really getting into the holiday spirit and i cosplay alucard because dracula is a fag its a great time and the property damage is worth it
Giant but hole in this thread

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How Arfjason's house helped me find my own sexuality.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Found a strange weapon under my mom's bed last night. It's kind of like a club, but it's all floppy, only 12 inches long, and made out of rubber. Is this a joke weapon or are my stats not correct for using it?

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Pablo Gigante posted:

Giant but hole in this thread
youre just mad because youre cosplaying dracula in your avatar

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Found a strange weapon under my mom's bed last night. It's kind of like a club, but it's all floppy, only 12 inches long, and made out of rubber. Is this a joke weapon or are my stats not correct for using it?

Oh, thatt's a dildo that your mom uses on her own pussy til she cums. Praise the sun.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Crack Addict Burglar has invaded!

Don't sign your posts haha.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What level should I be before I explore the basement? I've never gone down there because it's dark and there are spiders, what are the optimal equipment and abilities? Please answer soon, Mom wants me to get a roast out of the meat freezer.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh, thatt's a dildo that your mom uses on her own pussy til she cums. Praise the sun.

:stonk:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Dark Souls of houses.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What level should I be before I explore the basement? I've never gone down there because it's dark and there are spiders, what are the optimal equipment and abilities? Please answer soon, Mom wants me to get a roast out of the meat freezer.

Take "the dildo your mom uses on her own pussy until she cums".

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, bailiffs, my soul is mine and I am alive!”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Haha. Saints Row for the win.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Many of the same resources you'll use to survive - the stove, the shower, etc. - can harm or even kill you when used carelessly, so players must be constantly on their toes. And with the dangerous SIDS and AIDS mechanics, even the bed can become a deadly threat.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
found the pyromancy instructor next door. i dunno if i got the right stats to learn anything he seems more interested in testing out his spells on the nearby houses.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
AIDS has mostly situational uses. It lowers your max health but can be used to infect other NPCs. Not really worth it to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The baby section of Fallout 3 only the baby keeps getting killed by electrical outlets and window blinds.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My House Speedrun - NO DOG SKIP NO CLEANING LADY GLITCH PAJAMAS ONLY - 1:57:23

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

starbarry clock posted:

This is a terrible post imo