Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Apparently it's this dude Kirchner's hand-picked successor

vs this duder the mayor of Buenos Aires

Talk about the election itt and maybe about gauchos as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

yo yerba mate is some good poo poo

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I hope I win

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

why is the only reason i ever read about argentina in western media that they have incredible inflation and a terrible economy again, just like the last time i read about them when they had incredible inflation and a terrible economy

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
middle_income_trap.country

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
the main thing i know about argentinian politics is that they have the woman who was the previous dude's wife in charge but i guess that's going to change today?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sai posted:

why is the only reason i ever read about argentina in western media that they have incredible inflation and a terrible economy again, just like the last time i read about them when they had incredible inflation and a terrible economy

their cultural comfort zone is to keep things as close to late Weimar Germany as possible

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
actually late weimar germany had managed to get the inflation under control
:goonsay:

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
Is Argentina's main natural resource still Nazis?

G. Hosafat
Apr 16, 2003

:m10:
Haha, hey remember when Kirchner was Argentina's great hope for resuscitating the economy and resisting greedy international debtors?

Neither do I, I was really high in college.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Is Argentina's main natural resource still Nazis?

Regrettable tweets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqzYsKHJG1M

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

point of return posted:

the main thing i know about argentinian politics is that they have the woman who was the previous dude's wife in charge but i guess that's going to change today?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Why isn't there a thread where I can Tox for Bernie Sanders?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Looks like Kirchner's boy's going to win

In other Latin American news Guatamala is going to elect a comedian after having their previous president arrested for corruption :)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
So apparently kirchner's successor only barely managed to scrape ahead in the first round and they are going to have a second next month.

I don't know much about argentine politics but is this where ballots start being a stuffed and political opponents are discovered to have committed suicide in extremely unlikely ways?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sai posted:

what about when their president has a lawyer murdered?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pig slut lisa posted:

I hope I win

Darn it

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
i kept my promise

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

So apparently kirchner's successor only barely managed to scrape ahead in the first round and they are going to have a second next month.

I don't know much about argentine politics but is this where ballots start being a stuffed and political opponents are discovered to have committed suicide in extremely unlikely ways?

They'll do that then murder some BBC guys over ARE MALVINAS to distract everyone

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Looks like Kirchner's boy's going to win

In other Latin American news Guatamala is going to elect a comedian after having their previous president arrested for corruption :)

i though it was pretty cool that guatemalan institutions are strong enough to oust a corrupt president. it wasnt that big of a deal either it was a relatively minor scandal

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So are they gonna get the Falklands back this time?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Those dumb rocks are basically Latino-Dokdo

las Malvinas son Coreas

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
falklands are japanese

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Nope. It's a real democracy.

And even if the government guy wins they'll still have a hard time ruling because they lost control of the congress.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDgO6NIXe0A

Nuestras Malvinas.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

Educate yourselves, filthy yanquis.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

pathetic little tramp posted:

If they got them back they couldn't whine about them to distract people from their crippling inflation.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Morrissey should run for president.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

what about when their president has a lawyer murdered?

Vince Foster was a lawyer?

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
Well, this elections are hosed up, and the result is going to affect me and my work.

I really hope scioli wins. Macri just want to run the country like a business and gently caress the poor, the working class, the healt and the education just like he did when he was the head of the city.

Its literally pulled out of "Transmetropolitan" year of the bastard.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Death to Argentina, Britannia Rules the Waves

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Constant Hamprince posted:

Death to Argentina, Britannia Rules the Waves

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol "back"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Marci looks like he is going to win it.

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
And macri won. I'm looking to a cuple of Hard loving years.

But I'm going to protest every lovely thing he is going to do.

A militar que no todo está perdido!

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Dek posted:

And macri won. I'm looking to a cuple of Hard loving years.

But I'm going to protest every lovely thing he is going to do.

A militar que no todo está perdido!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what the gently caress is an 'argentina'

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

what the gently caress is an 'argentina'

Its the country just to the west of some British territory.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

congrats argentina on electing the terrible neoliberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun tunnel
Feb 16, 2007

that boys so lovely
why does mexico have so many elections?

• Locked thread