Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemp
is it all some high school dance battle that got way out of hand or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision

by VideoGames
it's about ethics in pokemon breeding

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

it's true, but only one of them has meowth

joke_explainer

their economy and socialization revolves around what amounts to institutionally supported dog fighting so i'm not too surprised they have some odd politics. oh hey, I made eye contact with you! let's make our pets fight until they're knocked unconscious.

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
haha, sorry for challenging you like that. I've been standing in this desert canyon for 3 days now waiting for someone with pokemon to mosey on by. Anywho, here's 237$. It's all I have. Toodles!

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Stinky_Pete

Stinkier than your average bear
Blame the Teamsters union

You can turn the tables, but your feet will still be under them

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Damp Star Baby posted:

haha, sorry for challenging you like that. I've been standing in this desert canyon for 3 days now waiting for someone with pokemon to mosey on by. Anywho, here's 237$. It's all I have. Toodles!

:laugh:

Android Blues

It's weird that all the Teams are evil. Aren't there any good teams? Is there a statute of limitations on who is allowed to form Teams?

devil

Android Blues posted:

It's weird that all the Teams are evil. Aren't there any good teams? Is there a statute of limitations on who is allowed to form Teams?

the teams represent different government organizations, which is why theyre all criminals

Android Blues

maybe Teams function as tax havens and the storyline of each main pokemon game is just the outward manifestation of Silph. Co reporting another massively profitable year

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Android Blues posted:

teams are evil because all pokemon games share the same theme as the first one to build their plot off, which is the bourgeois narrative common to a lot of media in the romantic, classical liberal tradition. It that says you can do anything and be a Great Man/hero/captain of industry/master of pokemon if you just individually put your mind to it, try hard and build up your stock of pokeomn. you use pokemon to enrich yourself for fame and fortune (but it's okay, they like selflessly fighting for you so you don't have to compensate them).

you, the character, are the good responsible liberal owner. the games teach you the importance of rugged individualism, and that collectivism is not to be trusted and should be rejected on a kneejerk reaction because the 'teams' you encounter always are hiding some nefarious plot, as they lack the "heart" or the talent that makes you special and make up for it in numbers and sheer quantity of zubats

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 28, 2015

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
I like how in the last game there's a single homeless person in paris, and it's solved by trusting a policeman who ends up adopting the girl showing how everything works out in the pokemon world when in real life the policeman would probably just tell little gervais to move along and hit them with a nightstick a few times for fun

Scaly Haylie

would you call the day cares analogous to private schools or something?

Android Blues

Rodatose posted:

teams are evil because all pokemon games share the same theme as the first one to build their plot off, which is the bourgeois narrative common to a lot of media in the classical liberal tradition. It that says you can do anything and be a Great Man/hero/captain of industry/master of pokemon if you just individually put your mind to it, try hard and build up your stock of pokeomn. you use pokemon to enrich yourself for fame and fortune (but it's okay, they like selflessly fighting for you so you don't have to compensate them).

you, the character, are the good responsible liberal owner. the games teach you the importance of rugged individualism, and that collectivism is not to be trusted and should be rejected on a kneejerk reaction because the 'teams' you encounter always are hiding some nefarious plot, as they lack "heart" or the talent that makes you special and make up for it in numbers and sheer quantity of zubats

this is an excellent post...thank you for it

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
almost of the all health care workers and police officers look the same and have the same name because they are interchangeable parts to be utilized at a moment's notice by your spoiled cracker rear end

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Lizard Wizard posted:

would you call the day cares analogous to private schools or something?

um.... it's....

*consults mystic orb of lit 101 term paper writing*

either a depiction of petit-bourgeois landlordism and the outsourcing of services to private contractors, an austrian school defense of puppy mills, a deeply cynical picturesque of slum life showing its lower-class denizens as "breeders" (beings whose only interest is reproducing) or an allegory for the third partition of poland??

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
em its just like earth where theres different countries and if you go into a different country your eventually going to get shot.

Scaly Haylie

Rodatose posted:

um.... it's....

*consults mystic orb of lit 101 term paper writing*

either a depiction of petit-bourgeois landlordism and the outsourcing of services to private contractors, an austrian school defense of puppy mills, a deeply cynical picturesque of slum life showing its lower-class denizens as "breeders" (beings whose only interest is reproducing) or an allegory for the third partition of poland??

well i meant more the function of leveling up your pokemon than breeding

precision

by VideoGames
why didn't officer jenny just arrest team rocket

----------------

Scaly Haylie

precision posted:

why didn't officer jenny just arrest team rocket

ash keeps blowing them clear

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...

Scaly Haylie

could i trouble you to timg this?

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

hell yea baby! bernie goin in!!

precision

by VideoGames
Bernie used Confusion!

It's not very effective...

----------------

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

precision posted:

in X I was breeding up a mamoswine with icicle crash and I wonder traded away all of the swinubs that weren't up to the standard I was looking for

I got a few cool guys from it and I hope some random people appreciated having a level one swinub with two of the strongest moves for its typing.

now I want to play x/y again or at least do the post game in omega ruby.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Scaly Haylie

i used to like the pokemon games but these days i don't know, it seems like a whole lot of simplistic grinding propped up by looking at cute and cool monsters. i guess what i want in my life is a game with cute and cool monsters where the depth and complexity manifests itself as something more fun than "hhhhhh finally my generations of breeding have yielded a meowth with better special defense" or whatever. any recommendations?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 28, 2015

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
adopt a real animal of some kind like a dog?

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Spanish Manlove posted:

i keep feeding my dog candy but it's not growing any stronger

Scaly Haylie

Spanish Manlove posted:

no but really what's a good game for raising monsters please

bird.

Lizard Wizard posted:

shin megami tensei 4

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Lizard Wizard posted:

googling up an animal shelter and taking on some personal responsibility, loser.

Scaly Haylie

Spanish Manlove posted:

googling up an animal shelter and taking on some personal responsibility, loser.

i have a cat, thank you very much

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Lizard Wizard posted:

well you could easily take care of five more

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Lizard Wizard posted:

a cat is basically a houseplant: you feed and water them periodically, they shed, and no matter how much affection you show them they'll loathe your mere existence

Scaly Haylie

Spanish Manlove posted:

a cat is basically a houseplant: you feed and water them periodically, they shed, and no matter how much affection you show them they'll loathe your mere existence

you've not met my cat

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
youre right! whats youre cat like! :D im so excited to meet lizard wizards kitty

Scaly Haylie

think "20-year-old kitten" and you're not far off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

precision posted:

whoa thats a loaded thing :sweatdrop:

teamwork owns so teams hth

• Locked thread