Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
instead of playing a video game you watch a video game played? thats weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

woah, this changes everything

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is a Let's Play where the Let's Player plays Diablo II with the goal of click on monsters as little as possible, eg, not playing Diablo II, which is good for a Let's Play, because you're not playing Diablo II when someone else is not playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have extremely severe carpal tunnel so watch Lets Plays to enjoy games vicariously. It's akin to reading a novel like Death in Afternoon; while it is brutal it is also evocative and puts the reader there and they experience the pain and grandeur involved in bullfighting. Let's Plays are the novels of the 21st century.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Goons turned the old term walkthrough into something lame and nonsensical? I don't believe you.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
they ran out of games so now theyre lets playing books

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I have extremely severe carpal tunnel so watch Lets Plays to enjoy games vicariously. It's akin to reading a novel like Death in Afternoon; while it is brutal it is also evocative and puts the reader there and they experience the pain and grandeur involved in bullfighting. Let's Plays are the novels of the 21st century.

Also like reading Sun Also Rises which is a book about loving but the protago has no dick

:hf: for reading Death in Aftnoon there though posting buddy it's real good it's got good pictures also gently caress off all people who go eww nooo bullfighting wrooong boxing wroonnnnggg mew mew mew

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
stop trolling me guys im trying to make the point that if you like video games you should play the vodeo games

why you watch another nerd play the video game?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i am an let's player

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

stop trolling me guys im trying to make the point that if you like video games you should play the vodeo games

Because I don't like anything any more and that includes games and so the only way I can enjoy games is vicariously though another nerd's joy

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Let's Plays are the audiobooks of videogames.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

jackyl posted:

I grew up playing video games but now I don't really have the time or energy to sit down and sperg out for hours on them so I put on Let's Plays sometimes while I'm cooking or cleaning because it's entertaining to me.

Sorry bout the serious post in your poo poo thread! :shrug:

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

it's a good point and a lot of zombieheads in this world should take note of it and then go one step further and say 'so wait, i can sit here and press buttons or go out and talk to a human person and reckon with my environment?'

but at the same time i'll tell you why a sensible guy like me sometimes watches a let's play. sometimes this one game, like until dawn, comes out and you think it looks cool and you wanna see it play out but you don't want to pay a dime for it, and then that way you can check it out and also sit there thinking 'wow this guy makes a lot of rape jokes. he seems kind of fixated on it.'

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

i am an let's player

in a forum where every thread turns gold you still can't get anyone to like you

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
After a long day of soul-crushing adult responsibilities, I can't be bothered to actually play games anymore.

So occasionally I'll watch other people play games, not unlike how a young bird will eat pre-chewed food from the mouth of its caretaker. I'm not proud.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
all these weirdos say they cant play a video game so they watch a nerd play a video game

how is watching a nerd play a game fun? read a book or watch a tv show or something

why watch a nerd play a game

makes no sense

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i only watch cool funny people play games. nerd

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

UV_Catastrophe posted:

After a long day of soul-crushing adult responsibilities, I can't be bothered to actually play games anymore.

So occasionally I'll watch other people play games, not unlike how a young bird will eat pre-chewed food from the mouth of its caretaker. I'm not proud.

Did you know their are shady clinics who are handing out test prescriptions RIGHT NOW? im sure you're girlfriend will love its effects too.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im goig to do a lets play

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

all these weirdos say they cant play a video game so they watch a nerd play a video game

how is watching a nerd play a game fun? read a book or watch a tv show or something

makes no sense

you're right

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Title made me think we were going to play a game titled "makes no sense", leaving disappointed

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

real_slime posted:

you're right

:agreed:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

ElectricSheep posted:

Title made me think we were going to play a game titled "makes no sense", leaving disappointed

the game is this thread and it' makes no sense

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
You see, my older siblings only made me watch them play video games while they rant about things like nine inch nails and going to oingo bingos farewell tour. I guess it's a habit

Aug 4, 2010

who cares what people do with their free time op. dont get me wrong i agree with you but so what

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Retsupurae is the only Lets Play channel I can stand. Mostly due to them playing really bad video games and being able to provide what I would consider comedic commentary over them. I would never play these games myself and its kind of like watching an episode of MST3K but for bad video games instead of bad movies.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

makes no sense

They talk about the game

It's like you have a real friend.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Jukeboxblues posted:

Retsupurae is the only Lets Play channel I can stand. Mostly due to them playing really bad video games and being able to provide what I would consider comedic commentary over them. I would never play these games myself and its kind of like watching an episode of MST3K but for bad video games instead of bad movies.

Have you heard of "The Men Drinking Coffee"?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
let's play gets good when someoen tries to do something innovative or creative you wouldn't get while playing the game yourself, otherwise they're all hogwash

plase donate to my patreon thouhg

Jukeboxblues posted:

they should go back to making fun of people imo

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Tiberius Thyben posted:

judge reinhold spits on kittens and steals candy from orphaned children you heard it here first

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
in the year 2032, you'll have to watch let's plays to be cool and popular, or else face getting stuffed into lockers. This is how it's goign to be trust me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

judge reinhold spits on kittens and steals candy from orphaned children you heard it here first

quiet down putty. adults are talking

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sports on tv make no sense

instead of playing a game you watch a game being played? that's weird

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was joking Fwiw. Nonetheless I'm pretty sure 100 years from now Pewdiepie and Markiplier will be considered the Dostoevsky and Tolstoy of the 21st century

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I have not. Should I bother watching them? What are they about?

Putty posted:

they should go back to making fun of people imo

True, but Youtube is less of the Wild West than what it was even 5 years ago. You don't get as much insane poo poo as its mostly people trying to make money and not genuine trying and failing. Plus I think they mentioned something about the copyright laws changed so it's a lot harder to do it now.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the Kickstarter Nostarter stuff is kinda good for it but it's just not the same

also they should riff on Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
I play video games when I am sober.
I play video games when I am drunk.
I play video games when I am reeeally drunk.
I play video games when I am hung-over.
I watch let's plays when i am reeeally hung-over hth.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

jackyl posted:

makes no sense

I dont post in gbs often but try to think in these terms: whichever video game you're interested in is your wife and the let's player is the person plowing her while you watch.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Action Tortoise posted:

I dont post in gbs often but try to think in these terms: whichever video game you're interested in is your wife and the let's player is the person plowing her while you watch.

you should never post in GBS again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Drunk
Jan 31, 2007

Its kind of funny that lets plays started here and were popular for years, and then a few personalities monetized it, then a few companies monetized them, and something awful is broke. Talk about missing a tidal wave of nerd bucks

• Locked thread