Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

get loving ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIRDCON 2017

bo pepper i am still laughably bad at blood bowl and am too braindead to google search a guide please advise

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

what team are you playing as

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i will post the poo poo about blood bowl just give me a place to start

alnilam

Hi bo peppe

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hello alnilalala

BIRDCON 2017

i have an unhealthy affinity towards hurting things in video games so i have tried chaos, orc and ogre, and have promptly been knocked out by the enemy team every time

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
hi pepps have you been busy with wool again

BIRDCON 2017

on a seperate note hi it is nice to see you around again

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

i have an unhealthy affinity towards hurting things in video games so i have tried chaos, orc and ogre, and have promptly been knocked out by the enemy team every time

Some teams are simply better than others at different team values.

Chaos has a slow start. You can't really start bashing heads in until you get block on your pieces. Block as a skill can't be underestimated. It should be a priority pick on any piece that has access to it unless you get doubles or an important skill up opportunity. So until you have block on your important pieces a Chaos team will be easy pickings for a team that is better skewed for low team values. At high team values Chaos are amazing because they have such a wide variety of skills to choose from. If you want to kill people with them, the classic route is to put Block/Claw/Mighty Blow/Piling On on a few pieces, which make them absolute murder monsters. Don't be like some coaches and put that on everybody though because you will hamstring yourself by being a one trick pony.

Ogres are garbage and are generally considered a joke team. Each player has a chance of not doing anything at all due to bone head and none of them start with block. And the Snotlings are literally the worst pieces in the game. Only play Ogres if you want to have a sort of well-let's-try-this-wacky-poo poo play experience.

Orcs are actually a good beginner team. They have good armor value, their Blitzers start with block and their Black Orcs get very good once they have block. There are some pitfalls you can run into when building an Orc team though. Generally I would avoid buying Goblins and instead use a Runner or some such as your main ball handler because they (again) can get block. I wouldn't play an Orc team as a passing team. They are best set up as a bashing/running team.

One team you might want to try if you just want to smack people around and get your feet wet is Norse. Their whole team starts with block. And they have some fun pieces with good strength and frenzy. They suffer at higher team values though because the team has such low armor value. Still that teaches you the lesson of not getting too attached to your pixel men.

Also you can try Dwarves if you really want but they are boring and you would suck if you did.

BIRDCON 2017

Bo-Pepper posted:

Some teams are simply better than others at different team values.

Chaos has a slow start. You can't really start bashing heads in until you get block on your pieces. Block as a skill can't be underestimated. It should be a priority pick on any piece that has access to it unless you get doubles or an important skill up opportunity. So until you have block on your important pieces a Chaos team will be easy pickings for a team that is better skewed for low team values. At high team values Chaos are amazing because they have such a wide variety of skills to choose from. If you want to kill people with them, the classic route is to put Block/Claw/Mighty Blow/Piling On on a few pieces, which make them absolute murder monsters. Don't be like some coaches and put that on everybody though because you will hamstring yourself by being a one trick pony.

Ogres are garbage and are generally considered a joke team. Each player has a chance of not doing anything at all due to bone head and none of them start with block. And the Snotlings are literally the worst pieces in the game. Only play Ogres if you want to have a sort of well-let's-try-this-wacky-poo poo play experience.

Orcs are actually a good beginner team. They have good armor value, their Blitzers start with block and their Black Orcs get very good once they have block. There are some pitfalls you can run into when building an Orc team though. Generally I would avoid buying Goblins and instead use a Runner or some such as your main ball handler because they (again) can get block. I wouldn't play an Orc team as a passing team. They are best set up as a bashing/running team.

One team you might want to try if you just want to smack people around and get your feet wet is Norse. Their whole team starts with block. And they have some fun pieces with good strength and frenzy. They suffer at higher team values though because the team has such low armor value. Still that teaches you the lesson of not getting too attached to your pixel men.

Also you can try Dwarves if you really want but they are boring and you would suck if you did.

thank you, this is all super helpful. i've got some time to kill today so i'm going start a new orc team and see how it goes. if i wanted to completely switch gears and try a agility/passing team should i go for humans? they seem to be pretty solid.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Woo... WOooOoO

pig slut lisa

irl is good

make a post @ me

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

No. Humans are kind of a newbie trap with their okay at everything not great at anything vibe. A new player is better off trying different teams that excel at different roles and seeing what they like better.

For an agility/passing team, I would suggest High Elves as a good starting team. They all have agi4, good armor value overall, and their pieces start with skills that really encourage the passing game over other styles. Still you couldn't go wrong with Pro Elves or Wood Elves. Each are primed for some pure elfy bullshit. The main thing to remember if you're playing elves is that you shouldn't be keeping all your pieces next to other pieces if you can help it. try to limit an opposing team to one hit per turn if possible (it usually isn't but still).

Also, if you are on defense as an elf team, you'll want to learn the elf screen.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

yo I'm holla'ing at all my byob peepz

Pizzatime

hello Bo

BIRDCON 2017

Bo-Pepper posted:

No. Humans are kind of a newbie trap with their okay at everything not great at anything vibe. A new player is better off trying different teams that excel at different roles and seeing what they like better.

For an agility/passing team, I would suggest High Elves as a good starting team. They all have agi4, good armor value overall, and their pieces start with skills that really encourage the passing game over other styles. Still you couldn't go wrong with Pro Elves or Wood Elves. Each are primed for some pure elfy bullshit. The main thing to remember if you're playing elves is that you shouldn't be keeping all your pieces next to other pieces if you can help it. try to limit an opposing team to one hit per turn if possible (it usually isn't but still).

Also, if you are on defense as an elf team, you'll want to learn the elf screen.

blood bowl pro league here i come

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper make sure that you are posting from an ergonomic setup we don't want to lose you to catastrophic wrist injury.

:jerry:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i am invincible the only that will bring me down is the inevitable physical degradation of old age and its accompanying loss of dignity

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

as i poo poo myself i will wonder if i should post about it

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

as i poo poo myself i will wonder if i should post about it

yes do it make the post

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

byob journal

today my nurse looked at my penis while sponge bathing me, her gaze slid over it relegating it to the negligible importance of a knuckle or foot

fuck. marry. t-rex

Ooh baby, talk to me about your figurines and lizards mmmm

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Ooh baby, talk to me about your figurines and lizards mmmm

My current main team is actually a Lizardman team which I have almost at a platonic ideal of skill and stat allocation. It's nice.

Senior Management

Praise Father Nurgle

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I never played Nurgle. They look boring.

City of Glompton

hi pepps, how's things.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

how did your son enjoy the wool festival

google THIS

is this terminal agitation? :ohdear:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

alnilam posted:

how did your son enjoy the wool festival

it was good

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

google THIS posted:

is this terminal agitation? :ohdear:

I'm sundowning

fuck. marry. t-rex

Bo-Pepper posted:

My current main team is actually a Lizardman team which I have almost at a platonic ideal of skill and stat allocation. It's nice.

:holy:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

For the record this is my current Lizardman team:

Kroxigor - Guard
Saurus - +STR, Block, Mighty Blow
Saurus - +STR, Block, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Tackle
Saurus - Block, Guard, Stand Firm
Saurus - Blodge, Guard
Saurus - Block, Break Tackle, Mighty Blow
Saurus - Block, Guard
Skink - Blodge, Side Step, Sprint, Sure Feet
Skink - +MA, Side Step, Sprint, Sure Feet
Skink - Blodge, Side Step
Skink - Diving Tackle
Skink - Sure Hands
Skink - Sneaky Git

Feels good.

Matoi Ryuko

Bo-Pepper posted:

For the record this is my current Lizardman team:

Kroxigor - Guard
Saurus - +STR, Block, Mighty Blow
Saurus - +STR, Block, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Tackle
Saurus - Block, Guard, Stand Firm
Saurus - Blodge, Guard
Saurus - Block, Break Tackle, Mighty Blow
Saurus - Block, Guard
Skink - Blodge, Side Step, Sprint, Sure Feet
Skink - +MA, Side Step, Sprint, Sure Feet
Skink - Blodge, Side Step
Skink - Diving Tackle
Skink - Sure Hands
Skink - Sneaky Git

Feels good.

What's the team score?

Matoi Ryuko

Just buy me ultimate edition already jeez.

Matoi Ryuko

You know I'm the only other person who plays BB!!!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What's the team score?

Hovering around 2000.

The real bummer is that at that TV level the only thing I find to fight are murder Chaos teams. I'm thinking of starting a fresh Wood Elf team.

FreshCutFries

i keep trying to get into blood bowl, but i hate how some of the teams are designed to be lovely on purpose, and that the game makes zero effort to let you know which ones they are.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Well aren't you just in the right place to find out what teams are good and what to do with them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

Bo-Pepper posted:

Hovering around 2000.

The real bummer is that at that TV level the only thing I find to fight are murder Chaos teams. I'm thinking of starting a fresh Wood Elf team.

I made super-powerful teams in team editor and pitted them against eachother in one-off matches. Chaos always wins, but I only have DE edition.

• Locked thread