Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/16/yale-fail-ivy-leaguers-caught-on-video-clamoring-to-kill-first-amendment/

quote:

Trigger warning! This story and video may be unsuitable viewing for the “safe space” crowd.

Looking to understand just how controversial the debate over free speech on our college campuses really is, filmmaker and satirist Ami Horowitz recently traveled to Yale University, one of our nation’s most prestigious institutions of higher learning, to speak directly to students.

“I decided to take this campus free speech debate to its logical conclusion,” said Horowitz, who asked students if they’d sign a petition calling for an outright repeal of the First Amendment. “The result was this unbelievable display of total stupidity.”

In fact, Horowitz discovered a solid majority of the students asked willingly signed the petition, with several expressing their enthusiastic approval for his anti-First Amendment efforts.

“I think it’s really awesome that you’re out here,” said one student.

Watch the video to find out just how many supported the petition, and how willing many students were to sign away their more basic rights of free speech and expression.

apparently in less than an hour, Ari gathered 50 signatures on the Yale campus for his fake petition

so Ivy League students, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
What is it with news websites and videos these days? I don't want to watch a lovely loving video, tell me what the petition said and give me some quotes of why students said they supported it.

loving journalists.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kitchner posted:

What is it with news websites and videos these days? I don't want to watch a lovely loving video, tell me what the petition said and give me some quotes of why students said they supported it.

loving journalists.
catering to the millennial market, since they have lovely attention spans and can't read more than two paragraphs without switching to SnapChat or whatever

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

fox news really stickin it to those lieberals lol

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol if you don't think people who go to yale would benefit from the repeal

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
If this keeps up circular reasoning will direct more free speech in the private sphere.

Keep pushing assholes see where this effects your spheres of power.

End game is guns in the boardroom

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
But how many of the signerd were Jewish, op

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
"do you wan to sign a petition?"
"sure i'm a college student who cares about stuff"

(signs without reading or listening to anything)

proves a lot that's for sure

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
These goddamned idiot have me agreeing with Fox news about something. I wish Noam Chomsky would stop by and bitch slap them. OTOH, Herbert Marcuse is looking on from the spirit world and cheering the Yale protesters on. Repressive tolerance seems to have finally found an audience.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my partner rode the elevator with noam yesterday. she said he was drinking evian.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, it's an amendment. How important can it be?

Also, petition is invalid since if you repeal the first amendment, you can't petition.

L-Boned fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 17, 2015

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

LOL @ people who say this.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ok come on now i know im a lame gamergate retard but lets not start posting fox news like its ever worth acknowledging

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Trigger warning! This story and video may be unsuitable viewing for the “safe space” crowd.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Haier posted:

Maybe they're cops?

Although I can't imagine what good ole' Noam would be doing at the police station.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

Ok come on now i know im a lame gamergate retard but lets not start posting fox news like its ever worth acknowledging
it was the first source i found, sorry

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Haier posted:

i am glad to have brought joy into your life.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I remember my freshman year. Some lunatic killed a dog by dragged it behind his truck, the next day the resident SJW was out with a petition she did up in like 30 minutes in excel.

It was titled "Petition for Animal Abuse".

I signed it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/16/yale-fail-ivy-leaguers-caught-on-video-clamoring-to-kill-first-amendment/

apparently in less than an hour, Ari gathered 50 signatures on the Yale campus for his fake petition

so Ivy League students, eh?

Ari Horowitz? Jesus man tone it down before you go public. Maybe Albert Goodman. That's not so far is it. Geez.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Mods are treading on my rights by not letting me post things like "im gay" and "cuck, lol" ):

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SlipUp posted:

I remember my freshman year. Some lunatic killed a dog by dragged it behind his truck, the next day the resident SJW was out with a petition she did up in like 30 minutes in excel.

It was titled "Petition for Animal Abuse".

I signed it.

did you get rutty with that "dog"?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Haier posted:

I hope you'll laugh when your kids say it :D

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Beef Turret posted:

I hope you'll laugh when your kids say it :D

I just signed the petition. Goodbye to ur free speech, m8.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There was an old guy collecting signatures outside of the Safeway saying "It's for crime victim's rights" and I was like lol I'm for the criminals you loving idiot.

But I actually am :wink:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

symbolic posted:

catering to the millennial market, since they have lovely attention spans and can't read more than two paragraphs without switching to SnapChat or whatever
Considering people complain about posts with more than four sentences in them on these forums all the time this seems like a glass house situation

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Considering people complain about posts with more than four sentences in them on these forums all the time this seems like a glass house situation
i can make that statement because i'm not in the "tl;dr" glass house, so hah

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

symbolic posted:

i can make that statement because i'm not in the "tl;dr" glass house, so hah

I seriously see people complain about unformatted walls of text with a post that's literally a single paragraph with a couple of sentences. Its like people have gotten used to how many words they can see on their cellphone screen at a given time and think anything past that is longwinded.

Sorry completely wrong thread for this i just thought gbs was a hilarious place to bring up millennial attention spans.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I seriously see people complain about unformatted walls of text with a post that's literally a single paragraph with a couple of sentences. Its like people have gotten used to how many words they can see on their cellphone screen at a given time and think anything past that is longwinded.
this is essentially how the millennial.jpg thread functions

"grrr i hate millennial doing technology thing!"
*does same thing but thinks he's still better than millennial

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

this is essentially how the millennial.jpg thread functions

"grrr i hate millennial doing technology thing!"
*does same thing but thinks he's still better than millennial

It's how the whole loving forum functions

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

It's how the whole loving forum functions
i suppose, but millennial.jpg is specifically for the purpose of pointing out millennial flaws the Gen Xers also have

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

nomadologique posted:

yeah, it unironically proves college campus protesters are low information idiots, which was the point of the Fox News Report.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YOU AINT GOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH IF I TALK LOUDER THAN YOU AND NOBODY CAN HEAR YOU BECAUSE IM USING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH HAHAHA.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the honors/AP kids weren't that smart, they would just grind homework while normal kids were grinding WoW. yeah there were a couple actual intelligent people in there but lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the best way to limit someones free speech is to facefuck them until blood gushes from their eye sockets

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

symbolic posted:

i really wish this was a joke but you cannot loving talk to a 20 year old chick on tinder for 30 seconds before she asks U SNAP OR KIK? and i see these loving kids using the leftover money from their grant to buy a 500 dollar laptop for 800 dollars in the conveniently located school book store

students are almost as good at wasting grant money as the con artist colleges themselves

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Good. Free speech is bad.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

the best way to limit someones free speech is to facefuck them until blood gushes from their eye sockets

thanks for the tip

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

i really wish this was a joke but you cannot loving talk to a 20 year old chick on tinder for 30 seconds before she asks U SNAP OR KIK? and i see these loving kids using the leftover money from their grant to buy a 500 dollar laptop for 800 dollars in the conveniently located school book store

students are almost as good at wasting grant money as the con artist colleges themselves

85% of 20 year olds since the year 3000BC have been idiots

this is nothing new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's almost like raising a generation of people to be autonomous robot thinkers who can't function without constant supervision and authority created a bunch of weak pathetic retards with no sense of privacy or desire for rights of any kind beyond not going to jail for drugs

• Locked thread