Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb! Bush
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

LIVE STREAMS

http://www.foxbusiness.com/ will not require a cable subscription. Stream starts at 5pm.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Venue: North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center in North Charleston, South Carolina
Moderators: Trish Regan and Sandra Smith at 6pm; Neil Cavuto and Maria Bartiromo at 9pm.
Sponsors: Fox Business Network

THE CONTENDERS

6pm THE KIDDIE TABLE

• Carly Fiorina, former ink cartridge mogul
  • Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas
  • Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania

Rand Paul qualified for the 6pm debate, but has stated he will not participate.

8:30pm THE DONALD and other people, who cares

With their greatest political achievement.

Claims to be Constitutionally Eligible

Senator from Calgary

Senator from Florida

Egyptologist

former Governor of Florida

Governor of Ohio

Governor of New Jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I want to watch this and see the moment when Jeb realizes he's lost this candidacy. I want to see it in his eyes

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I find it so funny Carson is still in this. He already looked checked-out at the last debate. I guess there are always more books to sell, more relatives to stab.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
Has anyone ever been as checked out as carson?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Rick Perry was pretty checked out in 2012.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Mendicant posted:

Has anyone ever been as checked out as carson?

No, but Pope Formosus comes in a close second with his performance at his last trial.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
No Rands Club means one Rand is allowed in, by your own rules Fox Network, You Must Let Me Debate

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I guess there's still the one on the 28th for true last gasps/complete breakdowns so we probably won't see anybody throw a punch, but this is probably the last one with enough time left to actually shift the polls at all and what with all the focus on Ted Cruz, his Canadianness and his Goldman Sachs entanglements there's definitely some room for action.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

The best.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I want to watch this and see the moment when Jeb realizes he's lost this candidacy. I want to see it in his eyes

Me and you both. :buddy:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

stickied and cruzed

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

No, but Pope Formosus comes in a close second with his performance at his last trial.

We can only hope they throw Carson in the river after the debate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
*sees the new thread tag*

[extremely Ted Cruz doing a Mr. Burns impression voice]

~*~excellent~*~

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
yeah I thought the poo poo Post tag was best there is no better thread tag than this

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

*checks time the OP was posted*

someone's excited

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

[extremely Ted Cruz doing a Mr. Burns impression voice]

~*~excellent~*~
lol

Here's his quimby: https://youtu.be/Rj5KczUOAvA

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I hear Dean Cain resigned from the Carson campaign I wonder what kind of impact that will have

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
9:03 PM-- BAH GAWD THAT'S RAND PAULS MUSIC, HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! :bahgawd:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Michael Corleone posted:

9:03 PM-- BAH GAWD THAT'S RAND PAULS MUSIC, HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! :bahgawd:

I would pay good sums of money to see Rand Paul take a folding chair to the head. I endorse this.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Always vote

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I've watched every minute of every debate so far but I am seriously considering not watching the undercard debate tonight.

Huckabee, Santorum, and Fiorina??? It's the trifecta of candidates that I find listening to and watching PAINFUL.

Fire these clowns into the sun and give me an undercard debate of Rand Paul vs. Lindsey Graham.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Boosted_C5 posted:

I've watched every minute of every debate so far but I am seriously considering not watching the undercard debate tonight.

Huckabee, Santorum, and Fiorina??? It's the trifecta of candidates that I find listening to and watching PAINFUL.

Fire these clowns into the sun and give me an undercard debate of Rand Paul vs. Lindsey Graham.
Finally we agree on something.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand is not happy today.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This one is up against Spurs/Cavs. First debate I'm not watching.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Jan 14, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Drunk crowd SC Cruz vs Trump debate is better than any basketball.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I'm excited for any potential Cruz-related drama, but also dreading listening to him complain about media persecution even more than usual. I hope Mr. Trump puts the screws into him, eh

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I want a Red Alert game with Carly Fiorina

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Friendly tip: if you hate yourself enough to still be watching the kiddie table debates, you might want to think about seeking help.

Also, it's pretty disappointing that the cycle of poll surge, scrutiny, decline is playing out as normal for Baby Hitler, I was hoping he'd go the distance.

Bryter has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Jan 14, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

Friendly tip: if you hate yourself enough to still be watching the kiddie table debates, you might want to think about seeking help.

Also, it's pretty disappointing that the cycle of poll surge, scrutiny, decline is playing out as normal for Baby Hitler, I was hoping he'd go the distance.

I'm gonna watch it to see if Carly's gonna try to make yet another baby debate -> real debate bounce.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

I agree with a Boosted_C5 post.

It really is the Trumpocalypse.

Seriously though the Kiddie Table is loving painful, no way in hell I'm watching that. I'll let this thread give me highlights/lowlights (same thing really).

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Cruz birthed thing is bound to come up but what I really hope is that someone gets nailed on e hypocrasy of right wing birtherism when a native born American with dark skin is elected but a literal foreigner gets a pass from the same group

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Bryter posted:

Honestly I felt the last early debate was frighteningly more substantial, specific, and harrowing. All the talk about increasing national security measures and domestic surveillance and Internet man hunting of dissidents

Some real dystopian poo poo showing more of where the party wants to move

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Honestly I felt the last early debate was frighteningly more substantial, specific, and harrowing. All the talk about increasing national security measures and domestic surveillance and Internet man hunting of dissidents

Some real dystopian poo poo showing more of where the party wants to move

Well, luckily Carly Fiorina has moved there to replace Lindsey "Massacre The Browns Where They Lay" Graham, so we get to have some more talk about the impending world war.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Yeah, but the last undercard was only so substantial because Santorum was able to play off of Lindsay Graham's foreign policy insanity. Without Graham there, there's no point in watching it for the entertainment value. Fiorina feels like just as much of a hawk as Graham, but she's no substitute for the real thing. I might have watched if Rand was going to show, as he hasn't been given nearly enough rope to hang himself yet, but nope, he's thrown a hissy fit and I'm not gonna bother.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Paul argued that his boycott of the undercard debate is largely backed by his supporters. “Ninety-nine percent of our supporters are calling in and saying —,” raising his middle finger, “for the media, that’s where you can

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/265880-rand-gives-media-the-bird

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

only three hours until I can watch three of the most despicable people in the country make fools of themselves!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

only three hours until I can watch three of the most despicable people in the country make fools of themselves!

Drink for "board room brawl"?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

There's no one to make them look stupid though. If the moderators weren't scared shitless of pissing off the RNC, yeah it would be worth watching. But there will be no huge embarrassing fuckups from those three. Just stump speeches and lies.

SpiderHyphenMan has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Jan 14, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fox should use Rand’s logic against him: “but Rand, you said that 5% was indistinguishable from 8%. So this new poll that shows you at 5% could just as easily have you at 2%”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

How can he get a percentage of 99% if he doesn't have at least 100 supporters? :confused:

• Locked thread