Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceFat
hey byob!

i had a really weird idea last night after watching the out of sync SMASH MOUTH - ALL STAR song that's spreading around the net, so i promptly went to work creating it and finished a few hours later (if i had thought too hard about what i was doing, i probably would have quit fast). i'm really proud of this incredibly stupid idea and it kinda worked, but it was p mentally taxing to sing like this. a good sacrifice, however. smash mouth/shrek is a popular/trite meme, but i think i did something special with it (imho). i hope you enjoy it! i'm not explaining the gimmick so it's a surprise! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5kETiLtfEI

<3 <3 <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vessel From Denny
nice job my man! i think you did a great job :)

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

entertaining with both the quality of the vocals and the idea, nice work op!!

Capntastic

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

It's gold, dude

tao of lmao

Came here from the other thread in the gas chamber to say this is great and also lol

RaceFat
got two mentions from the needle drop today (i made him a track, actually) and also from the av club!
http://www.avclub.com/article/today-smash-mouth-now-there-are-even-more-ways-mes-234950

Vessel From Denny posted:

nice job my man! i think you did a great job :)

thank you, buddy! it's been doing really well so far today and so i'm excited!

Quidnose posted:

entertaining with both the quality of the vocals and the idea, nice work op!!

thank you! i'm just glad the execution worked after i came up the idea. it could have turned out really bad, but it's only kinda bad.

Capntastic posted:

It's gold, dude

thank you thank you!

tao of lmao posted:

Came here from the other thread in the gas chamber to say this is great and also lol

haaaaaaaaaa, thanks a bunch, buddy! glad you liked it! i was a fuckin doofus this morning and clicked a forbidden thread tag while not really paying attention, so i had to rebuy my account. but i also lost my platinum and custom av, so i guess i'll be without them for a while. :( anyway, lesson learned.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Saw this on the av club Tumblr o.o

treasure bear

this is really good thank you again hot dad

joke_explainer

amazing. Thank you racefat!! Also awesome about the AV club mention. Musical funster!

deep dish peat moss

tao of lmao posted:

this is great and also lol

Vessel From Denny
im surprised no one has come up with this idea in general. its really strange to hear phrases backwards and you knocked it out of the park by only doing stanzas instead of the whole song backwards so it keeps its cadence. its cool to hear and i like it!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
its really good

City of Glompton

i'm impressed, I can't even do the alphabet backwards and you sang a whole song really well. good job!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

VERY COOL MAN

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
this is genius

LargeHadron

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Whoah that's a really great idea. And you have a nice voice

Robot Made of Meat

City of Glompton posted:

i'm impressed, I can't even do the alphabet backwards and you sang a whole song really well. good job!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

RaceFat
okay, interesting turn. i was encouraged to tweet it at smash mouth and they (i think steve harwell) responded. :3: :3:
https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/718295407357517824

and it's up to 16k views and over 1k likes!

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Saw this on the av club Tumblr o.o

awesome! i wish i understood tumblr better, but i don't.

treasure bear posted:

this is really good thank you again hot dad

you're welcome and thank you!

joke_explainer posted:

amazing. Thank you racefat!! Also awesome about the AV club mention. Musical funster!

thank you! you're v welcome! and that's me, the musical funster!

Vessel From Denny posted:

im surprised no one has come up with this idea in general. its really strange to hear phrases backwards and you knocked it out of the park by only doing stanzas instead of the whole song backwards so it keeps its cadence. its cool to hear and i like it!

ha, thank you! so glad you enjoyed it! i can understand why nobody's done it (it's kinda frustrating and mentally taxing), but yeah, still no excuse! and yeah, no way i could have made it work any other way than with full sentences. was hard enough trying to end phrases with some of those words. OUCH.

i couldn't sleep last night though because i was so amped up and excited about making it. :)

Luvcow posted:

its really good

thank ya!

City of Glompton posted:

i'm actually kinda bad at alphabetical order too. i mean, i'm generally okay at it, but there are a few groups of letters where i get stuck and have to start from the top until i reach that group. i could probably work on it, but i never have.
and thank you a bunch!!!!!

VERY COOL MAN posted:

this is genius

thank you so much!

LargeHadron posted:

Whoah that's a really great idea. And you have a nice voice

i'm glad you like it and thanks about my voice! i used to not really like it (i used to wish my range was higher; i've learned to accept what i've got), but now i've heard it so much that i don't care anymore.

and thanks to the other two quote folks too! love ya all!

Robot Made of Meat

Very cool! Smash Mouth never tweets at me.

City of Glompton

congrats dude!

Laurenz

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

RaceFat posted:

okay, interesting turn. i was encouraged to tweet it at smash mouth and they (i think steve harwell) responded. :3: :3:
https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/718295407357517824

and it's up to 16k views and over 1k likes!

awesome! i wish i understood tumblr better, but i don't.

you're welcome and thank you!

thank you! you're v welcome! and that's me, the musical funster!

ha, thank you! so glad you enjoyed it! i can understand why nobody's done it (it's kinda frustrating and mentally taxing), but yeah, still no excuse! and yeah, no way i could have made it work any other way than with full sentences. was hard enough trying to end phrases with some of those words. OUCH.

i couldn't sleep last night though because i was so amped up and excited about making it. :)

thank ya!

i'm actually kinda bad at alphabetical order too. i mean, i'm generally okay at it, but there are a few groups of letters where i get stuck and have to start from the top until i reach that group. i could probably work on it, but i never have.
and thank you a bunch!!!!!

thank you so much!

i'm glad you like it and thanks about my voice! i used to not really like it (i used to wish my range was higher; i've learned to accept what i've got), but now i've heard it so much that i don't care anymore.

and thanks to the other two quote folks too! love ya all!

thats awesome man! i thought it was really funny

RaceFat
so i'm kinda losing my poo poo over this. a crew of news people worked together to make a video about a dumb smash mouth thing i did. what the heck is going on?????????

https://livenationpresents.yahoo.com/post/142472644689/smash-mouths-all-star-sung-in-reverse-somehow

all i can say is i feel really drat good right now. it's a little frustrating that this (a remix of a tired meme) is bringing me more attention than any of my hundreds of other songs/videos, but i'm just glad i actually did it because it's actually working. :) :) :)

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Very cool! Smash Mouth never tweets at me.

do you ever tweet at them? it took like 20 minutes to get a response. they'd probably tweet back! :)

City of Glompton posted:

congrats dude!

thank you so much!

Laurenz posted:

thats awesome man! i thought it was really funny

thank you! i'm really glad you liked it. :)

bacalou

our little hot dad is growing up, he's even on the verge now

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i want to be in your entourage when you become famous, if thats ok

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Your great singing voice comes through really clearly in this one

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

ahahaha holy poo poo yahoo news picked you up? that's so loving bomb man!!!

Laurenz

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Quidnose posted:

are you serious? nice jop OP

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
Use your new in with smash mouth to make him eat the egg

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I know everyone already said it, but this is legit good and I loved it a lot.

joke_explainer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

didn't they eat the eggs with guy fieri?

Robot Made of Meat

joke_explainer posted:

didn't they eat the eggs with guy fieri?

Smash mouth failed to eat the eggs, much as Guy Fieri fails in general.

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
awesome was this wow. way normal the it sing to trying kept i too disorienting really.

joke_explainer

it would be fun to do at karaoke

RaceFat
while i don't want to do a ton of these drat things (i don't rly wanna be the "funny backward lyrics YT channel"), i did WONDERWALL and i should be posting that today.

bacalou posted:

our little hot dad is growing up, he's even on the verge now

that was a really nice/sweet article they did! i'm especially honored because all of the articles about the off-tempo all star version just talk about how infuriating and horrible it is, while some of the ones about mine are calling it "art" and "fun" and stuff. as obnoxious as mine kinda is, it's only a couple notches more obnoxious than the real song!

Luvcow posted:

i want to be in your entourage when you become famous, if thats ok

sure! the bus leaves in an hour!

blaise rascal posted:

Your great singing voice comes through really clearly in this one

wow, thank you! :3: :3:

Quidnose posted:

it's ridiculous, right? a fuckin camera crew and editors and producers and green screen shots of me in front of a squirrel, all for a "inverted" version of smash mouth's all star.

Laurenz posted:

are you serious? nice jop OP

v serious! thank you!!!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

just one? i thought the problem was that he didn't eat enough eggs. i'd better check my sources.

Gross Dude posted:

I know everyone already said it, but this is legit good and I loved it a lot.

thank you so much! i really appreciate it.

DraconicImpulse posted:

awesome was this wow. way normal the it sing to trying kept i too disorienting really.

it's so goddamn weird because none of the tricks that you learn as a singer work when doing it. none of the vowels slide smoothly into one another and so you're struggling constantly with the syllables and how to end the phrases. the more you rehearse it, the harder it gets because your brain just keeps trying to fix it. i had to mostly get it together and then try to zone out whilst reading the words off the page. didn't do more than two sentences at a time for quality control purposes since i wasn't even really sure when i was getting the lines right.

like trying to sing "Bored get never I'll and it like I way the that's" with proper intensity at the end was so brutal. i kinda got it a few times and i kept trying to improve it and finally i was like "omg, i can't actually sing this again" so i kept what i had.

joke_explainer posted:

it would be fun to do at karaoke

it's very tricky! i'm warnin' you, but i'm not gonna stop you! :) :)

ghosthorse

...you forget so easily...
man you crushed it again, all of your stuff is amazing guy

RaceFat
as i mentioned, here's WONDERWALL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8U7Qd3qJwc

ghosthorse posted:

man you crushed it again, all of your stuff is amazing guy

thank you a bunch, buddy!

bacalou

god yes

City of Glompton

bacalou

you should totally do blue monday by new order just saying

bacalou

"do you like me treat to feel it does how?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacalou

i bet this is what listening to music in english without knowing the language is like

• Locked thread