Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

he's the libertarian candidate so he should have a thread. I don't believe in altrusim as a rule so if you want to know more you're going to have to google that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

as a huge bill weld fan i

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

there's a poster on the establishmentish republican downballot-focused site rrhelections.com with this sig
code:
From IL-09, moving to NYC
Harry Wilson for Governor!
Bill Weld '16 (I guess Gary Johnson unfortunately comes with the package)
Ben Sasse/Charlie Baker '20
#NeverTrump #ReadyToVomit 
so apparently somebody out there actually is a bill weld fan. a huge one, even

these dudes are gonna get more than a million votes i think

maybe even two or three million

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc.[edit]
In July 2014, Johnson was named president and CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a Nevada-based company that aims primarily to sell medical cannabis products in states where medicinal and/or recreational cannabis is legal.[104][105]

there's what you need to know, america's first or maybe second drug dealing president

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Zas posted:

In July 2014, Johnson was named president and CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a Nevada-based company that aims primarily to sell medical cannabis products in states where medicinal and/or recreational cannabis is legal.[104][105]

there's what you need to know, america's first or maybe second drug dealing president

More like 45th

edit: go ahead Zas, post the list of all the Presidents you don't think dealt drugs so I, and everyone here, can laugh. At you. You loving clown.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

1. barack obama
2. gary johnsn if he wins

edit: oh i read your post wrong sorry

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Jun 4, 2016

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

And still the only libertarian anybody knows of is the dancing fat guy

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

Lord of Pie posted:

And still the only libertarian anybody knows of is the dancing fat guy

Not true. WWE's own Glenn "Kane" Jacobs is a hardcore Libertarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hniIFhHAjAE

Devil Bird Thing has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Jun 4, 2016

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Zas posted:

Same, ending the opioid epidemic and prison state are dumb hippy ideas.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Could Johnson spoiler Trump?

quote:

In this week's Election Tracking Poll, in addition to asking the vote choice question with only Clinton and Trump as options, we also randomly tested two additional vote choice questions from June 2 through June 5 to better understand support for third party candidates.

In the first alternative, we asked about Clinton, Trump, Gary Johnson (the Libertarian) and Jill Stein (the Green Party candidate) as explicit options with their party affiliation. The results from this question among registered voters show Trump at 40 percent, Clinton at 39 percent, Johnson at 9 percent and Stein at 4 percent; 8 percent did not answer the question.

The other alternative vote choice question we asked gave the option of choosing Clinton, Trump or another candidate with an option to specify the candidate name in an open-ended format. In this version of the question, among registered voters, Trumps beats Clinton by 3 percentage points — 39 percent to 36 percent — with responses for "other" pulling in a very large 22 percent.

While it is too early to know how much support third-party candidates will receive, the early polling results suggest this may be a good year for non-major party candidates. [...]

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-clinton-holds-four-point-national-lead-over-trump-or-n586796

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ManDingo posted:

Same, ending the opioid epidemic and prison state are dumb hippy ideas.

as a single issue end the fed voter, I could care less about the opiod endemic and pirson state stoner bullshit

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

johnson doesn't want to end the fed I guess he wants to audit it though? I don't really know

I do know johnson is surging, according to some

http://thepulse2016.com/jon-schweppe/2016/06/07/gary-johnson-is-surging-no-seriously/

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

he would get a lot more votes if he changed his first name to Hugh, imo.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/08/can-the-libertarians-get-anything-right.html

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Can we change this to the Scary Johnson Megathread and only post really hosed up penises.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Gary Johnson is a narcissistic piece of poo poo who just wants to be remembered as Ross Perot 2.0. (The difference is, that Ross Perot was good).

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Immortan posted:

Gary Johnson is a narcissistic piece of poo poo who just wants to be remembered as Ross Perot 2.0. (The difference is, that Ross Perot was good).

Can anyone explain Ross Perot in terms that a snake person such as myself could understand? He seems like a Ron Paul with some Trumpy protectionist populism added for taste.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Immortan posted:

Nice trump avatar, lol.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
My SigO caucused for Bernie but is voting Gary Johnson in the GE because she matched him next after Bernie when she took some facebook quiz

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Can anyone explain Ross Perot in terms that a snake person such as myself could understand? He seems like a Ron Paul with some Trumpy protectionist populism added for taste.

he was a rich man who ran independently twice and bought himself a lot of media time but not a lot of actual votes. he was famous for launching an independent operation into Iran to rescue a couple of his employees who'd been thrown in jail by the Shah for bribery, and later for being a huge rear end in a top hat about the Vietnam Memorial. I was in high school when he was running and did not know a single person who actually liked him or was even all that interested in him. however, young people were generally not as interested in politics back in those days

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

ManDingo posted:

Nice trump avatar, lol.

Would you like one?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Earwicker posted:

he was a rich man who ran independently twice and bought himself a lot of media time but not a lot of actual votes. he was famous for launching an independent operation into Iran to rescue a couple of his employees who'd been thrown in jail by the Shah for bribery, and later for being a huge rear end in a top hat about the Vietnam Memorial. I was in high school when he was running and did not know a single person who actually liked him or was even all that interested in him. however, young people were generally not as interested in politics back in those days

I remember in one high school class we did a mock vote with regards the '92 election. The class was pretty evenly split between Clinton and Perot, with only 1 vote for Bush (from an uber-religious guy).

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i'm guessing 2-4% for this dude. usually third parties fade badly toward the end although at the state level we've seen recent significant independent candidacies in places like maine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_gubernatorial_election,_2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_gubernatorial_election,_2014
and this is the year when everybody hates the two candidates so hell, maybe he'll do something

i feel like now that he's successfully navigated the insanity of the libertarian convention he's going to completely leave behind actual libertarianism and just run as the !(clinton|trump) saying whatever he feels like, 'cause the actual base libertarian constituency is so much smaller than the possible disaffected angry people constituency he could get at

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Romney just came out and said he's a big Bill Weld fan and is looking into Gary Johnson. The libertarian train is a rollin'

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

More third-parties are better for Trump, as that's where all the Democrats who hate Trump but don't wanna vote Hillary will flee. All Republicans will bend the knee.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

gret posted:

I remember in one high school class we did a mock vote with regards the '92 election. The class was pretty evenly split between Clinton and Perot, with only 1 vote for Bush (from an uber-religious guy).

Same except I remember doing this in 3rd grade (!) And it was pretty evenly split between clinton bush and perot

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
can't... nonchalance in the johnson

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gary-johnson-is-here-to-tell-you-youre-a-libertarian/ #feelthejohnson

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

^that's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8cErokGFs

but this is better

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkznU2IvfU

Gary Johnson is cool and good. Certainly the least odious out of the candidates left.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

In my opinion, tbe best thing about Gary Johnson is hes not Clinton or Trump.

SLICK GOKU BABY has issued a correction as of 14:33 on Jun 11, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

yep, he's def going to endorse the libertarians

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283118-romney-will-look-into-libertarian-ticket

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
Found some classic Gary from the NM debates and couldn't stop laughing at how horrible his competition was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtHKtJW46I

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Gary Johnson wants to repeal Obamacare, which is the only tangible thing that came out of DC that directly changed my life. I would prefer he don't do that

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Gary Johnson wants to repeal Obamacare, which is the only tangible thing that came out of DC that directly changed my life. I would prefer he don't do that

He also wants to roll back pretty much every governmental social program that exists. People who like this idiot don't realize he's just another puppet for the establishment/koch brothers.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Ohh, I dunno about that (you could be right, I've just never heard of the Koch's backing a weed magnate)

It makes sense to me that a libertarian would be against mandatory health insurance. Seems consistent with libertarian ideology, which is why I happen not to be a libertarian. I might change my mind if I get a good job after law school and don't have to rely on social services

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
You're not going to need health care when you have access to all the legal heroin you can handle

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

the dude is just mega unsettling. Like, the feeling that you get from a person whose diet is like 80% chicken skin and 20% root vegetables, and lives under a heat lamp.

I mean maybe he's got the Zodiac Killer block of voters on lock

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

IIRC Trump's worst states in the primaries were Minnesota, Utah, and Wisconsin. Minnesota and Wisconsin will likely go blue, but if Romney endorses Johnson, the Mormon vote is likely to follow, and I think Gary Johnson's campaign headquarters are also in Utah for some reason. Do you think it's possible for Johnson or Clinton to win Utah this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

utah democrats are pretty liberal, if clinton/bernie made a concerted push to get them to strategically vote for johnson i could imagine them combining with nevertrumps to deny him that handful of electoral votes

otherwise im pretty sure trump will win with a plurality thanks to a divided opposition, he's got a lot of experience doing that actually

incidentally there'll be a medical marijuana referendum on the ballot in utah... but not until 2018 so it won't play into this i suppose

• Locked thread