Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
That's a great story. Thanks for posting!!

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 6, 2016

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What are you going to replace it or just let the guy return home to no bed?

If you're already spending money and buying him a new mattress just pay one of those services that get rid of mattresses and stuff to dispose of it

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Get some rubber gloves and a plastic mattress cover. Put on gloves, put mattress in bag, take off gloves and move on down the hall.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'll come help. I can bring five muscular boys with me. You have to buy our plane tickets though.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

fist4jesus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 6, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
PIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
let's get this straight, instead of doing a minor favor for your friend you're going to throw his bed in the trash

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Apparently the op is nit from america si thos id probably just one of those cultural things

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The bigger questions is why are you talking to your neighbors instead of just being invisible to the world around you so that you never have to help anyone do anything, thus wasting your time.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Would you feed my cat, op?

I need a new mattress mine is all pissy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sell the mattress to a piss fetishist on Craigslist. They will pay you and pick it up for free.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ask yourself if it's easier to move it all the way to your place or just start living in his

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
have you tried peeing on it? i think that would help somehow.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
What kind of mattress are you going to get him?

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

cat's in the bag

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Also how are you going to explain him having a new mattress. "Your old mattress made me vomit so I got you a new one, I hope you like it?" Or are you going to pretend it's the same old mattress?

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

misty mountaintop posted:

It doesn't matter. Poor old guy will piss in it the first night he's home.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's all the piss from the guys late wife, he kept it because he can't quite let go and op is going to take that away

Shame on you op

At least post some photos of the hovel

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

fist4jesus posted:

A mattress bag? I've never seen one for sale. Plastic sheets, sure but not bags. Will google and see if getting one is realistic in the time I have.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/wrap-move-queen-mattress-protector-cover_p2610091

Cheap too. Thank you.

Lowes, Home Depot, or any mattress store if you don't want to wait for the mail. Probably Walmart, too.

Also it's better to buy one you can put your hands on in advance. Some are really thin plastic that may not even hold up sliding across carpet. A heavy duty one is closer to twenty bucks.

They can be snug to put on, so you may want to get one for a larger size mattress so you don't have to fight with it and it's just going in a dumpster anyway. If it's a king and you can't get a too big bag, just take your time and tug up one side a little and than do the other side. It takes a while, but with patience you can avoid getting marinaded in old man pee.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Get some plastic wrapping that they use to wrap goods for transport on pallets. Lean the mattress against something and wrap it with the plastic. You can basically coat it in plastic wrap because you will have so much. Then just move it into the trash like you would a normal, non stinky mattress.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

misty mountaintop posted:

you could get a casper and pee on it while it's still crammed up in the small delivery box so you get the most coverage/volume

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fist4jesus posted:

The hospital drained over three liters from his bladder..will likely end up with a bag

It's nice that they give him his piss back. Probably going to end up on a new mattress

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OP Please describe his reaction when discovering the new surprise unpissed mattress

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i wonder if anyone has ever poo'd on a pee bed? Really makes you think. :shrug:

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Leave the new mattress covered in plastic when you put sheets on it, or you're just giving this guy a new 100 lbs piss rug to take care of. Hopefully his new Foley/suprapubic catheter works well and doesn't leak.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
get a de-humidfier from a friend, and a few fans. open the window and let it go for about 2-3 days on high.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

fist4jesus posted:

Thats about a 18000km round trip for me.

You live on the moon?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

fist4jesus posted:

The hospital drained over three liters from his bladder..will likely end up with a bag. But yes, this is a concern. Cant let it stop me from trying though.

If you are getting him a new mattress, get a bag for that one too. It may make a fitted sheet a little hard to keep on, but it'll keep the pee off of the new one. Keeping old people from ruining their mattresses is pretty much why they make the bags.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Set the whole place on fire and let insurance take care of it.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Don't bother trying to move it, just cut it into pieces first, then move the pieces!

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Wear a raincoat.

Like a literal raincoat.

Make a quick trip inside to open the windows for about an hour before you actually start doing anything with the mattress (don't let the cat run away).

Steal a throw rug from another neighbor, use that to wrap and transport the mattress, then return it as-is. Post about how that goes.

Good luck OP you seem a decent fellow.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
bury the mattress udner the floorboard

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Smash it Smash hit posted:

bury the mattress udner the floorboard

that's how you get mattress ghosts

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lucky Guy posted:

that's how you get mattress ghosts

stay safe mattress ghost

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
If you get him a new one he's not going to learn anything.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
you mentioned a cat

but there are no pics?

• Locked thread