Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kim's robbers are probably going to buy food for their children or fancy cars for their children after they sell the gems and I think this is a good example of responsible wealth redistribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
was she the one with the bangin booty?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
nah not really op.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

was she the one with the bangin booty?

she wasn't killed

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I agree OP

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Nah lol. The only people who say that are the same exact people who would act like a rich douchebag if they were themselves rich. Robbing Kim Kardashian is as morally irresponsible as the diamonds she was wearing. I bet when you see a beamer drive by and you grit your teeth too.

Now if the question is "Do you care" then no, I don't really care. OP this was my one seriouspost of the day.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Kim Jong-un didn't deserve diamonds anyway, I hope the poor people of North Korea can barter them for beets and moose meat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

paul_soccer10 posted:

kim's robbers are probably going to buy food for their children or fancy cars for their children after they sell the gems and I think this is a good example of responsible wealth redistribution.

No they will instead fund ISIS. But that's still better than the Kardashians so it's all good

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It's Kim's fault for keeping her assests in the form of jewels. Try stealing a robust stock portfolio, or investments in Eastern Poland!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

paul_soccer10 posted:

she wasn't killed

They tied her up in the bathroom tho, so close.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

penus penus penus posted:

Nah lol. The only people who say that are the same exact people who would act like a rich douchebag if they were themselves rich. Robbing Kim Kardashian is as morally irresponsible as the diamonds she was wearing. I bet when you see a beamer drive by and you grit your teeth too.

Now if the question is "Do you care" then no, I don't really care. OP this was my one seriouspost of the day.

thanks

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

this is a preview of a hillary presidency

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
did someone say million dollar extreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVbU1zYoq7w

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

penus penus penus posted:

Robbing Kim Kardashian is as morally irresponsible as the diamonds she was wearing.

gently caress that lol if you can't protect your blood jewels you don't deserve to have them.

$10m in jewels on vacation are you fuckin' kidding me.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that cause many people to call me a 'lyrical genius'. Skills that make me a godsend for people like you. If you let my four million dollar ring go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I won't look for you, I won't find you, and I will collect the insurance money.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roylicious posted:

gently caress that lol if you can't protect your blood jewels you don't deserve to have them.

Shhe was there for some fashion show idk. But to not have some security detail protect them and just lay them about the house, just lmao.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Roylicious posted:

That was my first thought as well, but I read an article and she was there for fashion week so I guess it maybe makes sense she had jewelry worth more than most people will earn in several generations on her

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lolling at some shithole super rich people hotel having one easily overpowered security guard standing between the filthy public and the rich people inside though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
"Anyone who has the chance to merc a Kardashian and get away with it, but doesn't do it, is truly a monster" - a lot of people, unsurprisingly

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i'd rather it be done with taxes, but to each his own

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
One of the rings was worth 4 million alone. gently caress her and her hoarded wealth.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is her butt okay?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

the value of that jewelry is trickling down to the streets

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toadvine posted:

One of the rings was worth 4 million alone. gently caress her and her hoarded wealth.

"threatened the mansion concierge with a weapon", the only thing between them and the jewels was a lobby receptionist lol. I also like that they stole her cellphone(s).

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's Kim's fault for keeping her assests in the form of jewels. Try stealing a robust stock portfolio, or investments in Eastern Poland!

I know of a guy who could steal eastern Poland!👌

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Oh she was in town for Fashion Week? Suddenly the obscenely expensive baubles and rocks worn on the body make sense.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
don't worry the jewels were insured so they are probably going to get their money back

lol if you think stealing poo poo from rich people inconveniences them in any fashion

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

nigga crab pollock posted:

lol if you think stealing poo poo from rich people inconveniences them in any fashion

She got held up at gun point and tied up I highly doubt her reaction coming out of this will just be 'oh well lol.'

Plus the insurance premium will surely go up.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
The only people capable of pulling off such a heist are undoubtedly wealthy themselves. The rich stealing from the rich is nothing new and it's not morally justifiable. It's impossible for a poor person to break into the jewelry heist business at this point.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Good for the robbers. They're basically providing a public service when they mug rich people. Too bad they don't always have the stones to rough em up a bit while they are at it.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they could have ended all of this right there

we're still going to be hearing about them for years

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

misty mountaintop posted:

The only people capable of pulling off such a heist are undoubtedly wealthy themselves. The rich stealing from the rich is nothing new and it's not morally justifiable. It's impossible for a poor person to break into the jewelry heist business at this point.

The biggest jewel thieving group in the world right now (afaik) is a bunch of poor Slavs though. Well probably not poor anymore but you know.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/sep/22/pink-panthers-diamond-thieves-documentary

quote:

At the last count they had committed 341 armed robberies and aggravated thefts around the world, with an estimated value of stolen goods of ¤330m. Their exploits have become the stuff of legend, with jobs ranging from London to Tokyo, Geneva to Singapore. The gang, a loosely affiliated network of an estimated 200 to 220 people, pull off jobs with precision and style, dressing as golfers for one job, Hawaiian tourists for another, workmen for one more. They can escape by speedboat, scooter or bicycle depending on the location, and take full advantage of soft borders and false documents. They know that as long as they get back home – to various Balkan countries – they will be safe, protected by either corrupt or hopeless officials.

Their robberies are like straight outta the movies.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The bar was so ridiculously so low/easy for these robbers I'm going to call insurance fraud first. I hear they have some financial troubles.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
This screams publicity stunt.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
valuable shiny rocks are cool. im sorry but what type of philistine do u have to be to not think metal and gems are rad as hell.

however, there is no romantic notion behind them. its a shiny rock. shiny rocks own, mind you, but ther e is no extra value beyond it being a shiny rock. in fact most of the value is inflated cause, get this, some people think shiny rocks from the ground are somehow different from other shiny rocks.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

nigga crab pollock posted:

valuable shiny rocks are cool. im sorry but what type of philistine do u have to be to not think metal and gems are rad as hell.

They're rad but they're not worth the price DeBeers pumps them up to and also that whole slave child mining stuff is kinda :smith: and I dunno how you could rightly wear that many diamonds while your husband talks about what an awesome influence he is on minority communities and be okay with yourself.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
how are there not like 5000 photos of this robin hood guy?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

The bar was so ridiculously so low/easy for these robbers I'm going to call insurance fraud first. I hear they have some financial troubles.

Yeah wasn't Kanye begging fuckerberg for money on twitter at one point?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Roylicious posted:

The biggest jewel thieving group in the world right now (afaik) is a bunch of poor Slavs though. Well probably not poor anymore but you know.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/sep/22/pink-panthers-diamond-thieves-documentary

Their robberies are like straight outta the movies.

Incredible. I love heists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
New Payday 2 dlc looking promising

• Locked thread