Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Where do I go to be driven insane from irony posting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
gotta get dare to bite you

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
become consumed by his obsession and make it your own

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Alvie
May 22, 2008

ha I was just thinking about that old chestnut a few minutes ago too

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

AugmentedVision posted:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

i don't know why you'd even say something like that

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

AugmentedVision posted:

lol

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

AugmentedVision posted:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

SA Frontpage Discussion

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Thats the best thing about it, you dont have to go anywhere!

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
gbs has come full circle now where for any given topic you post what you really think but very lazily and without any capitalization or punctuation

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

scott zoloft posted:

gotta get dare to bite you

he has the rage virus

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Secular Humanist posted:

gbs has come full circle now where for any given topic you post what you really think but very lazily and without any capitalization or punctuation

i been lfposting in gbs since lf died, but you can't just bring back lf, when they closed that forum they blew open every wilderness shack door, and gave us all tinfoil hats and bare lightbulbs under which to write our angry letters to the government

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i dont know about you, but i don't look around at all the war, torture, killer robots, massive financial fraud, widespread regulatory capture, evidence of charitable foundations being used as mediums for diplomatic simony and the undemocratic nature of the democratic party structure and say "yeah, we're almost there. we're gettin' real close now"

i've made my peace with trying hard to keep bernie popular enough to push hillary further to the left though

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I"m gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

this unironically

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

dookifex_maximus posted:

this unironically

this ironically

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
and :five:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i wonder how lowtax is gonna live down the time when him and/or his staff started putting special badges on leftists and the mentally ill and sent a bunch of their threads to the comedy gas chamber because wow thats kind of on the nose

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

dookifex_maximus posted:

i wonder how lowtax is gonna live down the time when him and/or his staff started putting special badges on leftists and the mentally ill and sent a bunch of their threads to the comedy gas chamber because wow thats kind of on the nose

what

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hes got it worked out

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
it even made light of cancer

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

dookifex_maximus posted:

please take a lesser or greater amount of drugs

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
the level you are at clears the mountains yet fails to kiss the clouds

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good

dookifex_maximus posted:

this post gave me schizophrenia

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this forum drove franco insane. He still bitches about it in QCS even though they changed the forum software so that it doesn't show up for him when he logs in on his franco account.

basically, you have to be a card carrying genius (mensa) to go nuts from the forums so GOOD LUCK lol you dunce

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

proof of concept posted:

this forum drove franco insane. He still bitches about it in QCS even though they changed the forum software so that it doesn't show up for him when he logs in on his franco account.

basically, you have to be a card carrying genius (mensa) to go nuts from the forums so GOOD LUCK lol you dunce

Well I've already :five: the thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We're always on the lookout for new mods, so hell, I hope everyone in here gets forums-induced schizophrenia.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it's overrated :(

plus institutional food is yuckers and you can't post from the hospital

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The OP getting a mental illness from the forums would be funny for us- but I don't think they'd actually enjoy it.

Let's be for mental wellness in GBS.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You can't get schizophrenia. It can only be triggered.

Get it? Triggered? Heh. Heh.

But no seriously that's how it works, I hope you aren't predisposed for it, you should check your family history.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

quote:

simony
ˈsʌɪməni,ˈsɪm-/
nounhistorical
the buying or selling of ecclesiastical privileges, for example pardons or benefices.

I like new words thanks dook :cheers:

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
a doom house??

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You can't get schizophrenia. It can only be triggered.

Get it? Triggered? Heh. Heh.

But no seriously that's how it works, I hope you aren't predisposed for it, you should check your family history.

I don't get it, please explain

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Secular Humanist posted:

a doom house??

Yeah, doom.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I think QCS is the schizo forum

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
Every time you read a bad post, do some meth. You'll end up with amphetamine psychosis in no time which is pretty close to schizophrenia.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

QCS

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Genderfluent posted:

I think QCS is the schizo forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight