Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Spicy food. Not just talking about black pepper. Causing yourself pain and discomfort going in and coming out. It doesn't make you a cool cultured person to claim to enjoy this. Its actually extraordinarily immature and juvenile. Like okay dude sorry you didn't make the Jackass squad.

Spicy food was invented because they didn't have refridgration and it covered up the taste of rotting meat. It was a survival method and nothing more. Some cultures still eat it out of habit but if you are not a member of such its just an immature tactic to try and impress people.

Its really sad. You don't need to do this and trust me girls will be way more into you if you don't hurt yourself on purpose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELAVJoUp8OE

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

thats why my diet consists entirely of splenda packets.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

Its really sad.

yeah I agree op. That's how I feel about your thread too.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

OP already has a thread about his disgusting and bad food opinions http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793022&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

tl;dr OP thinks ketchup on well-done steak is the height of culinary splendor

:gas:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 4, 2016

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

OP is a retarded troll and has the taste buds of a baby.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i am also retarded

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol gently caress you op and gently caress your thread

mods :gas:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

numberoneposter posted:

OP is a retarded troll and has the taste buds of a baby.

This isn't thread to encourage your self harm.

Do you think girls think its cool. How can a girl like you if your holes are damaged?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

between tomato sugar paste on gray slabs of flavorless meat and crying like a pissbitch about spicy food OP is the target market for Soylent

e: spicy food doesn't actually cause physical harm you dumb

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

op will you feed me splenda packets?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bone app the teeth posted:

op will you feed me splenda packets?

spread mayo on a saltine and sprinkle splenda on it for a tasty treat OP is sure to love!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

Spicy food. Not just talking about black pepper. Causing yourself pain and discomfort going in and coming out. It doesn't make you a cool cultured person to claim to enjoy this. Its actually extraordinarily immature and juvenile. Like okay dude sorry you didn't make the Jackass squad.

Spicy food was invented because they didn't have refridgration and it covered up the taste of rotting meat. It was a survival method and nothing more. Some cultures still eat it out of habit but if you are not a member of such its just an immature tactic to try and impress people.

Its really sad. You don't need to do this and trust me girls will be way more into you if you don't hurt yourself on purpose.

life is suffering and the practice of accepting, even enjoying one's suffering causes spiritual ascension

that's like saying "hey stupid bro why do you do all those pushups and run so much don't you nkow that makes you sore and get breathing pains??"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Commie NedFlanders posted:

life is suffering and the practice of accepting, even enjoying one's suffering causes spiritual ascension

that's like saying "hey stupid bro why do you do all those pushups and run so much don't you nkow that makes you sore and get breathing pains??"

A good analogy considering eating spicy food triggers the same kind of endorphin rush that working out does

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i am a child, things that are difficult are no fun, i like things that are comfortable and soft like moms breast
:goonsay:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

I get swole as hell and healthy. What do you get when you have an unpleasant dining experience and then a sore rear end in a top hat the next day?

Why not just take a nail and drive it through your palm does your spirit ascend then?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I get 10/10 at Thai places and tbh I still haven't found one that is sufficiently spicy. I don't get all red and sweaty either it's just good. Ya'll are just a bunch of babies.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

playing video games on hard mode, or taking off aim assist, is for stupid people, i play video games to HAVE FUN i don't have fun if i have TO WORK
:goonsay:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm surprised no one is ridiculing the OP for thinking black pepper is spicy.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Roylicious posted:

I get 10/10 at Thai places and tbh I still haven't found one that is sufficiently spicy. Ya'll are just a bunch of babies.

Wow you are so brave and strong! My panties are sopping!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I dont like spicy food :shrug:

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

TheLightPurges posted:

Wow you are so brave and strong! My panties are sopping!

Except I'm not a boy so that's double shame for all of you.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

I get swole as hell and healthy. What do you get when you have an unpleasant dining experience and then a sore rear end in a top hat the next day?

Why not just take a nail and drive it through your palm does your spirit ascend then?

it's not unpleasant at all, it requires my mental state to ascend into a higher tier in order to accomplish the task of properly enjoying the food,

i bet you like weak headass keystone light instead real hard quintuple hopped IPAs

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
girls are allowed to also like spicy foods op

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Men find satisfaction in doing Work and Getting Stuff Done and Overcoming Challenges

lil boys just wanna have fun all day playing slap rear end

(that's not to say slap rear end can't be a challenging thing , don't get me wrong!!!!)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Roylicious posted:

I get 10/10 at Thai places and tbh I still haven't found one that is sufficiently spicy. Ya'll are just a bunch of babies.

There's one Thai place by me that has something called Devil's Beef - it's the only thing on the menu that doesn't let you choose how spicy you want it. The first time I ordered it the chef came out to ask me if I was sure and remind me that if it was too spicy I couldn't send it back.

I go there at least twice a month, it's loving incredible.

They also give you those shrimp crisp things with peanut dipping sauce instead of bread at the beginning :swoon:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Spicy for the sake of spicy is good for clearing your sinuses and as a quick way to wake yourself up. But no added flavor? gently caress that.

Protip for inferno b-hole issues, apply some of this:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

shoophobo posted:

girls are allowed to also like spicy foods op

actually they are called Women or Young Badass Ladies

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Roylicious posted:

Except I'm not a boy so that's double shame for all of you.

and OP is, so triple shame that he's wearing panties, and quad shame because they are likely wet with either pee or ketchup steak diarrhea

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
food thread food thread
talkin bout food thread
oooh yeah
it's another food thread
posting bout the food thread
baby

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

it's not unpleasant at all, it requires my mental state to ascend into a higher tier in order to accomplish the task of properly enjoying the food,

i bet you like weak headass keystone light instead real hard quintuple hopped IPAs

I think its weird people intentionally drink super bitter stuff yea and get all smug about it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
You have a bad posting gimmick and I don't like you OP

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
idk man just because you got those inferior baby tongue and stomach genes likely being some midwest genetic deadend that crys at too much black pepper doesn't mean the normal people in the world that eat good food react in the same in way and just tough it out in some masochistic display

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Dial-a-Dog posted:

You have a bad posting gimmick and I don't like you OP

Yea I'm the gimmick for not liking spicy food yet there are tons of people falling over themselves to tell us how much they enjoy owning themselves with bad food.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

I think its weird people intentionally drink super bitter stuff yea and get all smug about it.

he Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Spicy Food is for immature people who enjoy hurting themselves and others

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I watched Gordon Ramsey eat something in Thailand and he sputtered and was all 'this is TOO spicy fellas you guys need to tone it down!' like a pasty Brit while the locals were staring at him. When Bourdain went he was just 'this is good and spicy.'

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Gordon is one of the greatest chefs in the world he might have an insight or two about it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Roylicious posted:

I watched Gordon Ramsey eat something in Thailand and he sputtered and was all 'this is TOO spicy fellas you guys need to tone it down!' like a pasty Brit while the locals were staring at him. When Bourdain went he was just 'this is good and spicy.'

Best of Ramsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhfJRdwHnU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Roylicious posted:

noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

bordain could eat a frog turd and think its the greatest thing in the world. maybe it is. who are we to judge

• Locked thread