Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Have you ever been halfway through a handle of vodka, watching random poo poo on Netflix, when suddenly one of life's little coincidences presents itself to you? This is the thread for that! I have a couple to start:

Mindy's mom from Animaniacs, the woman who's never actually seen in-frame and whose lines mostly consist of "no, call me Mommy!", is actually the same voice actress as Mom from Futurama of Mom's Friendly Robots fame!

Bob from Bob's Burgers and Sterling Archer from Archer sound ASTOUNDINGLY similar! And in fact, there is an episode of Archer where he thinks he owns a burger restaurant, AND there is an episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob wears a suit and gets all kinds of undue respect! What a wild coincidence!

What other coincidences have YOU found in your media-consuming empty lives, GBS friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
In Deus Ex, the twin towers are missing from the NYC skyline. The game came out 15 months before Bush blew up the towers.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

In Deus Ex, the twin towers are missing from the NYC skyline. The game came out 15 months before Bush blew up the towers.

This is a v. good example of what I'm talking about here but please be careful so the Illuminati do not move this thread to Paranormal/Conspiracies to die a slow death. Thanks!!

e: I mean uh so "they" don't move it. *cough*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

This is a v. good example of what I'm talking about here but please be careful so the Illuminati do not move this thread to Paranormal/Conspiracies to die a slow death. Thanks!!

e: I mean uh so "they" don't move it. *cough*

there's no conspiracy, the developers just didnt have any room for the twin towers in the skybox or they just forgot. it had absolutely nothing to do with bush blowing up the towers in a controlled demolition. just a coincidence.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Is it a coincidence that I got a boner every time I played Senran Kagura

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Faffel posted:

Is it a coincidence that I got a boner every time I played Senran Kagura

Wtf its faffel

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hth posted:

there's no conspiracy, the developers just didnt have any room for the twin towers in the skybox or they just forgot. it had absolutely nothing to do with bush blowing up the towers in a controlled demolition. just a coincidence.

Exactly. Coincidence. :airquote:

Holy poo poo do we really not have a big exaggerated winking smiley? Pretend we do and I used that one instead.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

lol

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gary oldmans diary posted:

The pilot episode of "The Lone Gunmen" (a spinoff show from the X-Files) had a commercial passenger jet being remotely hacked and flown into one of the twin towers as part of a false flag operation by the military-industrial complex. Even better is that the Australian premiere broadcast was like a week or two before 9/11 :tinfoil:

It was only the one plane though, so it's not a very good coincidence I'll admit. Also the plane didn't actually crash :shrug:

Altair Knight
Jun 1, 2006

You're messing with wrong people and asking the wrong questions.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/28/justice/washington-bunker-suspect/

it only took two weeks for the movie to come out on blu ray

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/chronic...p?skuId=5121752

*King's County

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lack of Gravitas posted:

The pilot episode of "The Lone Gunmen" (a spinoff show from the X-Files) had a commercial passenger jet being remotely hacked and flown into one of the twin towers as part of a false flag operation by the military-industrial complex. Even better is that the Australian premiere broadcast was like a week or two before 9/11 :tinfoil:

It was only the one plane though, so it's not a very good coincidence I'll admit. Also the plane didn't actually crash :shrug:

Exactly. Coincidence. :airquote:

Holy poo poo do we really not have a big exaggerated winking smiley? Pretend we do and I used that one instead.

I'm not sure I know what you're implying, friends

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

I know him shut up

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bob from Bob's Burgers and Sterling Archer from Archer sound ASTOUNDINGLY similar! And in fact, there is an episode of Archer where he thinks he owns a burger restaurant, AND there is an episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob wears a suit and gets all kinds of undue respect! What a wild coincidence!

I don't know how to tell you this, but that is absolutely not a coincidence. Sorry for your loss, op.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

hth posted:

I'm not sure I know what you're implying, friends

Before 9/11 there were good shows to watch on television
After 9/11 tv programming was rubbish

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods

knew

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Like how history doesn't repeat itself but often rhymes? Like an upcoming ridiculous dictator with freaky hair parted on the side?
:tinfoil:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
All Hail Nu-Kaiser Permanente Adonald Hitrump.

It's purely a coincidence that Big Bird and Obama have never been in the same room together, despite sharing the Democratic national platform in 2012.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
There's a show that's a complete rip off of Malcolm in the Middle, and it's called "The Middle".

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

The Dennis System posted:

There's a show that's a complete rip off of Malcolm in the Middle, and it's called "The Middle".

one of these came out before Bush blew up the Word Trade Center tho

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

there's a forum run by autists called gbs which is the same as the name of an old forum where you were allowed to post jokes

Nefarious 2.0 fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 6, 2016

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

there's a forum run by artists called gbs which is the same as the name of an old forum where you were allowed to post jokes

have you tied this to the terrorist act the Bush family carried out in 2001 yet?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

EngineerSean posted:

have you tied this to the terrorist act the Bush family carried out in 2001 yet?

ya. mods knew

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you play The Shining and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon together in sync, you will ruin a good movie.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

everytime sheldar say bazinga i laugh

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Before 9/11 there were good shows to watch on television
After 9/11 tv programming was rubbish

On and for forever after 9/11 it was a 24/7 news machine on all channels. Sometimes the camera choreography got sloppy and you could see the reporter drop a surface lined with cocaine out of frame right after it cuts to them.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
The tv show Sole Survivor has a lot of similarities to the plot of Battlestar Galactica.

"All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again."

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

when panny come on the screen i feel randy

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Regrettable posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, but that is absolutely not a coincidence. Sorry for your loss, op.

Not only is it a coincidence, the sinister conspiracy that it represents has been alluded to in other media such as the hard-hitting investigative TV program "The Family Guy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBDJF4EryN0

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOi_Xn3jVH4

I was a little miffed when I saw this on tv because I thought I was the only one who ever noticed that and I liked pointing it out to people

in retrospect of course being forced to shut the gently caress up about old cartoons was the best thing that could have happened to me

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Here's a good one for you guys - in an episode of the netflixvision program Luke Cage, there is a mention of a man named Fisk. There is a character named that in another Netflix program, and it means "fish" in some Scandinavian languages!!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

number plates in movies or tv shoes with the letters PCE im pretty sure its an illuminati thing

here are some examnples: big lebowski, fear the walking dead, i think thats it actually

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Many films and tv shows use the same newspaper as a prop.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lol-the-reoccurring-prop-newspaper/

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they made a tv show called star trek and it was about a space ship, and years later they made a different tv show called star trek: the next generation and it was also about a space ship! :aaaaa:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Dearth Vader is in Star Trek and Star Wars too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Despite supposedly having different writers, production companies, casts and directors, Star Wars: the Phantom Menace and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 are both bad movies where the brunt of the action takes place a long, long time ago. HOW DEEP DOES THE CONSPIRACY GO?!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Several prominent late night comedy hosts and news people on prominent networks were shuffled around or fired and replaced with inoffensive Milquetoast PC comics, unfunny POCs and painfully obvious shills around the same time as Hillary Clinton began her presidential primary campaign.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
In "2010 The Year We Make Concat" with Roy Schieder there's a poster on the back wall of the ship for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. And I think the Tokyo 2020 was Akira?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Harry potters patronus is a stag, which is an animal commonly found in the woods.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
In the Adventure Time storyline where we see an alternate timeline where farmboy Finn gets the ice crown, Marcelline the Vampire Queen is there to watch him get corrupted by its limitless power. In that episode, Marcelline is voiced by Chloris Leachman.

In the famous Twilight Zone episode "Its a Good Life" about a small town with an evil boy with ultimate power, one of the neighbor women is portrayed by...Chloris Leachman.

I think this is on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The recent Star Trek and Star Wars moviws are both movies with Star in them and both are awful derivative tripe with good casts but really bad direction and storylines

• Locked thread