Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
give em hell mel

waht did he even do wrong?

braveheart (good)
that mexican aztec thing was cool
remember the aliens movie?

now mel is gone forever idk what he even does probably does a lot of day drinking in his mansion

why did they black list him????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nice guitars too

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Remember that one movie he made where Jesus invented the coffee table? Good times

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The Beaver was good although it was technically a Jodie Foster flick

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
he got drunk and said bad things about the (((jews)))

but the fact that that ruined his career proves that they really do control the world, since they so effectively blackballed him after that

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Apocalypto was cool

idk how I feel about passion of the Christ.

i think i remember trying to watch it recently and it really didn't sit well with me, i feel like he tried too hard to tell the one story that needs no overstatement

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
his new movie looks lame

yet another WW2 movie

but this time it has the feel-good element of a guy who won't use violence

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He's psychotic but he makes good movies. I've read good things about Hacksaw Ridge. :shrug:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Apocalypto was cool

idk how I feel about passion of the Christ.

i think i remember trying to watch it recently and it really didn't sit well with me, i feel like he tried too hard to tell the one story that needs no overstatement

i rewatched it and ur right its not that good, the worst bit is where jesus invents the chair or something lol. the best jesus movie is life of brian because of the huge vaginal bush u see at the start

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

but the fact that that ruined his career proves that they really do control the world, since they so effectively blackballed him after that

there are many successful Jewish people in the entertainment industry so i'm sure he's had bosses who were Jewish who made him bad but it's stupid and petulant to turn into retarded paranoid anti-semite because someone hurt his feelings at some point

as a christian, i hate anti-semitism and he should too, it boggles my mind how people claim to be christians are anti-semitic

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

there are many successful Jewish people in the entertainment industry so i'm sure he's had bosses who were Jewish who made him bad but it's stupid and petulant to turn into retarded paranoid anti-semite because someone hurt his feelings at some point

as a christian, i hate anti-semitism and he should too, it boggles my mind how people claim to be christians are anti-semitic

what kind of christsian are u. are u a protestant? lol or a cahtolic? or a orthodox? lmbo. personaly im a secular misanthrope

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

i rewatched it and ur right its not that good, the worst bit is where jesus invents the chair or something lol. the best jesus movie is life of brian because of the huge vaginal bush u see at the start

i think he crossed the line of trying to show the suffering of Christ for what it was into making it a spectacle unto itself

all of the slow motion gore shots...that's for movies like 300, not for telling the story of the Lord

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

what kind of christsian are u. are u a protestant? lol or a cahtolic? or a orthodox? lmbo. personaly im a secular misanthrope

i worship the Almighty God of Israel and have a personal relationship with Him because the atoning sacrifice of Christ has cleansed my spirit which allows me to be justified before Him. The holy spirit dwells within me, I can feel this spirit and it guides me, protects me, counsels me, it's p sweet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'm glad he's still making good movies and look forward to his future work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i think he crossed the line of trying to show the suffering of Christ for what it was into making it a spectacle unto itself

all of the slow motion gore shots...that's for movies like 300, not for telling the story of the Lord

i disagree bc i think piss christ is good theology.what he missed was the jewishness of the whole passion wrt the cups and poo poo and mana and that kind of stuff and the lambs the jews would back then literally sacrifice on little stick things like a crucifix. demon children was also extremely gay. it was a good movie overall but kind of cheesy and poo poo,the best christian movies are terrence malicks ones. tree of life for example is deeply religious in a way that jesus getting his buttcheeks whipped by doughy centurions isnt really

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

i disagree bc i think piss christ is good theology.what he missed was the jewishness of the whole passion wrt the cups and poo poo and mana and that kind of stuff and the lambs the jews would back then literally sacrifice on little stick things like a crucifix. demon children was also extremely gay. it was a good movie overall but kind of cheesy and poo poo,the best christian movies are terrence malicks ones. tree of life for example is deeply religious in a way that jesus getting his buttcheeks whipped by doughy centurions isnt really

idk if i quite get the first part of this post but yes terrence malick owns tree of life was spectacular and moving

death by computer
Sep 6, 2010

drat the liberal theater industrial complex. if it wasn't for their intricate web of deceit, Get the Gringo would've been the smash hit it deserved to be

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
was his down fall calling the lady cop sugar tits or telling his girlfriend to get raped by a PACk of N words

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
First two lethal weapons and payback are good.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

First two lethal weapons and payback are good.

good but he didn't make those

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maverick is a total cornball movie but it's good.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus was Jewish

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

ruddiger posted:

Welp that was a good trailer that showed me the entire movie.

Guess I don't need to see the movie now.

"Please Lord, help me get one more." *next scene shows him getting one more*

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just another guy with a big face that's good for cinematic aspect ratios imo. Nothing more or less.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

Jesus was Jewish

he was one of the good ones

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

He was in good movies. The ones he made were poo poo.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Lethal Weapon was dece.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
I thought this was going to be a Photoshop thread where people Photoshopped Mel Gibson into good movies, instead of the movies he was in.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
The Road Warrior!!!!!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

misty mountaintop posted:

I thought this was going to be a Photoshop thread where people Photoshopped Mel Gibson into good movies, instead of the movies he was in.

Dude if you want people to believe a troll you can't just say something as outlandish as "Mel Gibson wasn't in any good movies" right out of the gate. This is the basics, son.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the passion movie was really weird. i remember some of the hububb about it and controversy over evangelicals bringing their kids to see it b/c jebus

but the passion is a catholic thing? and evangelicals hate the cult of catholicism.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

Dude if you want people to believe a troll you can't just say something as outlandish as "Mel Gibson wasn't in any good movies" right out of the gate. This is the basics, son.

list of good mel gibson movies:

road warrior

signs?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Im always down to watch Payback again

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Passion of the Christ is a great movie. It's the sort of film that only an insane Catholic filmmaker would ever make.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Psh, as if making good movies was hard

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Maybe he should have kept his dumb mouth shut.

xX*~*PraYeRs 4 MeL*~*Xx

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

it was a :mason: plot

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I didn't like watching Passion but I appreciated that someone made it and it's there in a sense that it's enlightening. One thing is to read about supposed events and another is to see in their raw brutality. Apocalypto was just plain great all around.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

you should watch my autovideography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ruddiger posted:

well drat i feel like i've watched the whole movie

• Locked thread