Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kinda tired of mopping my tile floors. Those swiffer mop thingies look pretty good and im thinking about getting one. I have like 100-150 square ft of tile to mop

I don't want to get one if it turns out that GBS thinks they suck so let me know if they are good or what the other goon-approved cleaning item is. Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
where can i get a cereal bowl that just holds more and with higher sides than bowls that come in dish sets
i like eating cereal and i want my bowl to really reflect that

please no separate milk compartment nonsense

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I think they are ok but also the equivalent of cleaning your body in a restroom sink with wet paper towels and hand soap. Good in a hurry but not a thorough cleaning like a good mopping.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I don't clean my apartment so I can't tell you, sorry

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow posted:

I think they are ok but also the equivalent of cleaning your body in a restroom sink with wet paper towels and hand soap. Good in a hurry but not a thorough cleaning like a good mopping.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
They come free with live-in girlfriends, even if you routinely vacuum and use a regular mop. Girls don't care. They use swiffers.

Modern women hate buckets.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Get yourself a good steamer if you really want to clean the gently caress out of those grimey floors.

https://www.amazon.com/Wagner-915-0...=wagner+steamer

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LegoPirateNinja posted:

They come free with live-in girlfriends, even if you routinely vacuum and use a regular mop. Girls don't care. They use swiffers.

I can confirm. I had a girlfriend who was on the toilet with food poisoning and when she felt the puke coming she demanded I go to the other bathroom to get a plastic tub we kept all the cleaning supplies in even though there was a bucket in the bathroom and was desecrating with liquid poo poo.

I went just slow enough that I seemed like I was hurrying but still gave her time to barf all over herself so LOL joke's her.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I'm cheap, and so I'm against buying disposable poo poo that has to be bought over and over. Use a real mop or use an old towel you can push around with a mop head and then put in the wash with bleach.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
modern women hate regular bleach too

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Yah ive been mopping my floors but I hate drawing up a Bucket for such a small area so I do it infrequently

I kinda want the swiffer bc its quick n easy so Id be more likely to do it 2-3x weekly and not just before I have guests

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Luvcow posted:

Look at Queen of Shebah here and his wanting to be cleaner than a guy who washes himself with paper towels and hand soap. Ugh. :colbert:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theyre ok but i prefer paying people to clean up after me :grin:

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
This thread is ridiculous. If you have wearable shoes what the hell do you need with clean floors?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Space Race Riot posted:

This thread is ridiculous. If you have wearable shoes what the hell do you need with clean floors?

the 5 second rule becomes the 30 second rule with food when u have clean floors

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you gotta buy the reusuable pads or whatever cause buying the refills is how they make $$$

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mozi posted:

you gotta buy the reusuable pads or whatever cause buying the refills is how they make $$$

also the generic refills for swiffer wet mops are terrible

the duster things, just go to walmart and get the cheap store brand ones

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

the 5 second rule becomes the 30 second rule with food when u have clean floors
When food hits the floor here it ages a few hundred years instantly like that guy who drank from the wrong grail in the last crusade

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Get a Bona flat mop. It's not expensive and you can wash the cleaning pads.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Swiffers are good but not great.

I hope this helps.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I have a swiffer and a package of wet cloths for it. It works just fine for keeping my floors looking clean. Whether or not they're actually clean enough to eat off of, your mother doesn't mind

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
If you just strategically place clean plates on your floor you can avoid losing food to your tiles.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gary oldmans diary posted:

where can i get a cereal bowl that just holds more and with higher sides than bowls that come in dish sets

just use a giant pyrex cooking bowl

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Get the wet pads that come in a box, not the wetjet.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Swiffer sweeper dry pads are awesome and way better than using a pan and broom. The wet mop pads are okay but often dry up before you finish a room or area. The generic wet mop pads are terrible.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Recycling doesn't absolve you of the guilt of Picking up dust with disposable cloth

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

just use a giant pyrex cooking bowl
real answers only please
this issue affects us all

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

What you need is a mixing bowl, friend. Ask your local sales associate.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Yah ive been mopping my floors but I hate drawing up a Bucket for such a small area so I do it infrequently

I kinda want the swiffer bc its quick n easy so Id be more likely to do it 2-3x weekly and not just before I have guests

You ain't gonna mop three times a fucken week

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Any goddamn store on earth

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
gently caress sorry thought this was the weird creepy taylor swift thread

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

real answers only please
this issue affects us all

protip - salad bowls are just cereal bowls with a misspelled name

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Any goddamn store on earth
no a cereal bowl. cereal. i feel thats an essential part of what im trying to express here

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

no a cereal bowl. cereal. i feel thats an essential part of what im trying to express here

Any bowl is a cereal bowl if it can hold milk and cereal.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Use a drawer from a three compartment sterilite office organizer u gimp

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Don't use a mixing bowl if it's the stainless steel kind I can't stand the sound of metal spoon on metal bowl.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

You ain't gonna mop three times a fucken week

Correct i wouldn't MOP that frequently but the swiffer makes it so easy that I would be likely to clean my floors very often

1. Vacuum
2. Apply fresh pad to swiffer
3. Steer swiffer around floors

And then you got clean floors .... boom.

Seems pretty good and fast too. Is there a catch? Idk

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Theophany posted:

gently caress sorry thought this was the weird creepy taylor swift thread

Taylor is not good, but extremely good.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

can confirm. yesterday a buck full of poo poo from an unmarked white conversion van splattered all over my girlfriends camry while she was on the freeway

she has sworn to never hold liquids in a cylinder agaon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Correct i wouldn't MOP that frequently but the swiffer makes it so easy that I would be likely to clean my floors very often

1. Vacuum
2. Apply fresh pad to swiffer
3. Steer swiffer around floors

And then you got clean floors .... boom.

Seems pretty good and fast too. Is there a catch? Idk

That catch is that you'll tell yourself you'll do this. You'll buy all the poo poo, use it once, put the stuff in the closet, then forget about it. Then at some point in the future, you'll buy more swiffer pads, use it once, then put it back in the closet. Next thing you know, you have like four boxes of swiffer pads each missing one or two pads, and dirty floors.

• Locked thread