Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkay

The official sad poster
Hi Byob, how are you? Nice to see you.

I've got my computer science final tomorrow and I don't want to fail the class.
Do you guys have any advice, CS knowledge to help me pass my exam?
I need to blast all this into my brain like the ending of 2001 a space odyssey or Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, if you know what I'm sayin.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkay

The official sad poster
If it makes a difference, we're doing Java and XML

FluffieDuckie

I would advise you to get off the forums and start studying

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

MrWillsauce

just wing it

bean mom

.999999999999... = 1

prove me wrong op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

monkay

The official sad poster

FluffieDuckie posted:

I'm looking for the "Get rich quick" method where I put in minimal work to achieve massive gains

monkay

The official sad poster

Zyla posted:

.999999999999... = 1

prove me wrong op

This is voodoo math bs, I'm trying to speak with computers

also since when did everything on BYOB start slowly rotating

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

alnilam

monkay posted:

also since when did everything on BYOB start slowly rotating

you'd be able to answer that for yourself if you had studied java and xml

monkay

The official sad poster

alnilam posted:

you'd be able to answer that for yourself if you had studied java and xml

I paid a tutor $120 to help me pass the class, please, I just want knowledge from the internet pool to assure victory

Urodov

I would advise you to stay on BYOB and start slowly rotating

Urodov fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 12, 2016

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

monkay

The official sad poster

Urodov posted:

I would advise you to stay on BYOB start slowly rotating

we rotate on the earth which rotates around the sun which rotates on the unimaginably long arm of the milk way

so really when you think about it, byob is the center about which our lives slowly rotate around

Piso Mojado

Computers, they can be both big and tiny

Piso Mojado

hope that helps op, they also eat electricity

BIRDCON 2017

hi. im doing well, thanks for asking.

monkay

The official sad poster

Piso Mojado posted:

hope that helps op, they also eat electricity

Finally, someone steps up to the large "hard drive" I've layed out

you've really helping in my "Enhanced informed search", if you know what I'm sayin

monkay

The official sad poster

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

hi. im doing well, thanks for asking.

glad you're doing well, everytime I take a shower, handfulls of hair falls out of my scalp and clogs the drain

Manifisto

in a multiple choice question, if the choice is between bits and bytes, always go with bits

it's important to be bitwise

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

don't be faked out, a macintosh is an computer AND a fruit

the same is not true for pineapples

monkay

The official sad poster

Manifisto posted:

in a multiple choice question, if the choice is between bits and bytes, always go with bits

it's important to be bitwise

you guys are really giving me a lot to "byte" into hehe

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

please go read your textbooks because computer science as a single class studying java and xml is easily doable with minimal effort. minimal effort is reading the textbook.

good luck, please go study, and if you post again before your final i'm going to make a face that is like real squinty eyes and furrowed brows and my mouth will get real tiny. don't make me make that face at you.

Manifisto

in computing, more megahertz is always better

unless gigahertz get involved somehow, but that is an advanced topic so you're probably safe

monkay

The official sad poster

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

please go read your textbooks because computer science as a single class studying java and xml is easily doable with minimal effort. minimal effort is reading the textbook.

good luck, please go study, and if you post again before your final i'm going to make a face that is like real squinty eyes and furrowed brows and my mouth will get real tiny. don't make me make that face at you.

I didn't expect to get this much actual advice/concern, if it makes ya'll feel better, I'm not actually worried about failing. I've already studied, and its almost bedtime here so I thought I would try to get some laughs from the forums to chill out.
I'm in Analysis and design, so it's not an entry level class, and we don't even have a textbook :(

I have, however, been practicing writing "hello world" so I'm pretty set for tomorrow B|

Urodov

Manifisto posted:

an computer AND a fruit

oh are you doing boolean algebra with that AND?

my computer (C) is not a fruit (F)
C * F = M
1 * 0 = 0

my computer is not a macintosh
that checks out

i think the important thing to remember is that boolean algrebra is just like regular algebra, except that 1+1=1

also 1 and 0 are the only numbers

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

BIRDCON 2017

monkay posted:

glad you're doing well, everytime I take a shower, handfulls of hair falls out of my scalp and clogs the drain

hm... have you tried computer?

Plebian Parasite

Safety comes first, ever since I started wearing kneepads and a mouthguard while surfin the 'net (internet) I have found that my computer related injuries have fallen by 7%!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Urodov posted:

C * F = M
1 * 0 = 0

that checks out

i think the important thing to remember is that boolean algrebra is just like regular algebra, except that 1+1=1

how does this relate to data beans

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

monkay posted:

I didn't expect to get this much actual advice/concern, if it makes ya'll feel better, I'm not actually worried about failing. I've already studied, and its almost bedtime here so I thought I would try to get some laughs from the forums to chill out.
I'm in Analysis and design, so it's not an entry level class, and we don't even have a textbook :(

I have, however, been practicing writing "hello world" so I'm pretty set for tomorrow B|

make sure and wrap it before you tap it and also don't gently caress up and make the computer say FUCCK 2 U DR. BARM and i think you'll be good then, kid

proud of u,

everyone's concerned facebook aunt tina

monkay

The official sad poster

Urodov posted:

C * F = M
1 * 0 = 0

that checks out

This is true, unless you're writing in python, in which case 1+1= .99999999999999

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

monkay posted:

This is true, unless you're writing in python, in which case 1+1= .99999999999999

but that doesn't work in python 2.7 if you're using legacy code sometimes because it gets broken

hooray

monkay

The official sad poster

make sure and wrap it before you tap it and also don't gently caress up and make the computer say FUCCK 2 U DR. BARM and i think you'll be good then, kid

proud of u,

everyone's concerned facebook aunt tina

Ty auntie,
I know I should write more, but I forget how to use phones when I'm on my an ether binge.
You're concern is always refreshing considering Dr. Barm is the cold, harsh, unfeeling child of Alan Turing and that signing robot.

-love monkay

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

monkay posted:

Ty auntie,
I know I should write more, but I forget how to use phones when I'm on my an ether binge.
You're concern is always refreshing considering Dr. Barm is the cold, harsh, unfeeling child of Alan Turing and that signing robot.

-love monkay

dear monkay,

please don't forget to lock up ur laptop when away from home and don't buy weed from strangers in alleyways.

you're a good boy and we're proud of you back home in oklahomaha, north iowa and your cousin leon says hi.

--your concerned facebook aunt tina

monkay

The official sad poster

but that doesn't work in python 2.7 if you're using legacy code sometimes because it gets broken

hooray

Somehow littlePython is able to make the correct distinction, despite being a braindead stepchild of a language

Farecoal

There he go
you said computer science so I assume that involves mixing beakers of acid n poo poo and pouring it on computers?? good luck op. make sure your lab coat is clean

vanisher

monkay posted:

There's nothing funny about taking one's education seriously friend.

Make sure you don't make any rookie mistakes and write hollow world or something

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
just think like a computer and youll ace it, op

i believe in you :feelsgood:

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
10 print "hello world"
20 goto 10
run

hey op, I hope that didn't break your computer or anything, my hacking gets away from me sometimes. anyhow, just use that code, and when they say "hey, that's just BASIC!", nod smugly and say "of course it is! it's the implementation you don't see that was complicated!". guaranteed C+ at least, if you can pull off a convincing bullshit talker act.

----------------

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can sit in a chair and watch everything you need to know in the span of a week with no sleep. dangerous though.

----------------

A Concrete Divider

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I have a contracts final in 7 hours I hope I get some sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

I bet YOSPOS knows about computers but I don't think that they rotate or give advice. I guess you could study but that sounds boring.

:jerry:

• Locked thread