Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
OOC Thread

Influence Sheet

It's Winter in Millennium City. Or at least what passes for winter here. Like many things in the city, the weather is boringly mild and annoyingly pleasant.

Your day starts at the regional CLAW lair, a secret underground base about an hour away from the city. It's a dark, very concrete building that seems very much built with a 20th-Century villain mindset. (The cellular reception in there is terrible.) As has been so far typical for your new career with the evil organization, much of your time at the regional headquarters has been taken up by the need to deal with evil bureaucracy. After your very first official mission, which was kind of like a final exam/probationary period for your admission, you've had to fill out even more evil paperwork and answer even more questions from evil middle managers.

After that's all done, you're brought into a room where a smug, dapper, and 20-something man is waiting for you.

"Hey." He smiles and tips his hat at you all. "So you're finally done, huh? I was getting bored waiting for you kids. The name's Diabolical Darby. You can just call me Darby if you want. I'm going to be your guys's- or rather your gals's handler. What that means is, from now on, if you need anything from the organization you can just ask me." Darby grins again and points at himself.

"That means that all that paperwork you had to deal with before is my problem now. Now that you're past the intro phase, you won't have to deal with that anymore." He tilts his head dismissively and laughs. "Aren't you lucky?"

Darby pulls up his sleeve and looks at his wristwatch. "Anyway, time is ticking my dear ladies. Shall we get moving?"

As soon as one of you starts to make a move for the door, your handler raises his finger and stops you. "Ah ah ah! Where are you going? I have a faster way! Everybody hold hands."

Once the whole group gets together in a big circle, Darby begins to chant some magic words. A bright light starts to appear in front of you, and then...

Suddenly you find yourselves teleported into a spacious loft near the middle of downtown Millennium City.

"Welcome to your new hideout," Darby says, smiling once again. "Do you like it? I chose the decorations myself."

You're given some time to look around your new apartment, but then after a few minutes Darby ushers everybody downstairs. "Come, come. There's a lot to see. There's more than just this, you know."

As you go down the stairs to the floor below, you enter an empty office suite. The place looks like it was built for some hip software company, but there's nobody else around but you and Darby.

"The organization is giving you these offices as well as the apartment upstairs to act as your safehouse. It's useful, we've found, to have a little more space. Plus this can also be used as a front, should you need it." He pulls a handful of fake IDs out of his jacket and holds them in the air for you to see. "We've already gone through the trouble of establishing fake identities. You're all Junior Interns working for a fake software company called 'Disruptr'. If anybody asks what it is you do, just make something up and they should believe you."

After you tour through the office, Darby leads you to the main conference room.

"Now, then." He takes a seat at one end of the table. "With that out of the way, I suppose we should discuss what it is you'll be doing next. Now that you're a full-fledged team, you're free to make your own decisions. It's not my place to tell you what to do unless if, for some reason, the organization needs me to step in and do so."

Darby grins and laughs. "You're so lucky, you know. When I was your age, all the higher-ups were real tightwads. We barely had the chance to do things on our own."

"Anyway," Darby pulls some hand-written notes from out of his pocket. "The organization wanted me to tell you that the FALCON emergency system is still suffering some problems. Official response times are expected to be a little bit slow, but a lot of people are still on edge from what you girls did to the Golden Monument so keep that in mind."

"So, what are you going to do next? And do you have any questions for me?"

Welcome to the Planning Phase for your first proper in-game Caper. Everybody is free to suggest what your next mission should be, in as much or as little detail as you want. You can also Second someone's plan as noted to get Influence on the Caper proposer. Once the group has decided on a Caper to attempt, we will move onto the next phase.

Also feel free to respond with how you feel about Darby, your new apartment, your team, how your last mission went, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +0 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: +0 | Superior: -1 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Ugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

This is hell, right? I've died and gone to bureaucracy hell, land of never ending paperwork. Just when I think I'm done, they bring out even more. What the hell did I ever do to deserve this? Is this my punishment for breaking the statue? We got it in the end, didn't we!? So what if it's a little dented, it's still good! Sure, okay, Golden Boy's missing a leg now, but who cares, that guy was probably a prick.

Joining the Jade Lotus was so much more easier. All I had to do was kick down the door, beat up a bunch of mooks, threaten their head honcho, and then BAM! You're hired! None of this bureaucracy crap. The hell do we even need any of this for? Aren't we supposed to be evil? Just give me something to beat up already!

Gertie can tell I'm frustrated. She's giving me that concerned look of hers when she knows I'm upset. I lift up a hand, and pet her soft, scaly head. She's always been a good girl. Can you believe they almost didn't let me keep her? "Unstable beast" my rear end. Gertie is just a big, cuddly, scaly dog... if the dog was a cybernetically altered, fire-breathing, cybernetic velociraptor, but she's just as cute and as loyal as one.

Ugh, finally, that took loving forever. I grab Gertie's leash, and head on over to the next room. Wow, who's this smug rear end in a top hat? Darby? That's a punch able face if I've ever saw one. He's handling all the paperwork from now on, huh? Thank gently caress. If I had to deal with anymore lovely paperwork I'd have Gertie burn the whole pile.

"You want us to hold hands? What, are we going to sing next? You expect us to aaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Oh God. World is spinning. Can't keep balance. Going to throw up. Gotta get to trash can. Gotta get to- "Bleaaaaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhhh!"

Well, at least I got to the trash can in time. I hate teleportation magic. Okay, I just gotta get back up, and- "Bleaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh!" Nevermind. Gonna just... sit here for a while, and relax.

Okay, I don't feel like I'm going to spew my guts out anymore, so that's probably a good sign. I wipe away the leftover vomit on my mouth, and push myself back up. I lean over on Gertie, using her as support. That sofa's looking pretty tempting, I think I'll just... lie down for a bit, check out the rest of the place later, probably when the whole room stops spinning.

Way to loving go, me. Just vomit your guts out in front of everybody. They're all probably laughing their asses off at you right now. "Oh, the big bad bull can't take a little teleportation spell? Oh, how sad!" We'll see how "sad" it is when I "teleport" your face to the next building.

"Come, come. There's a lot to see. There's more than just this, you know."

I force myself back up, and follow Darby downstairs, into a room that might as well be outta Silicon Valley. There's even a corner filled with bean-bags. We're supposed to be interns, huh? Wonder how you'll explain how half our group are just a "bunch of normal interns." Whatever, it's not my problem. Shodan's the one who does all the thinking, I'm sure she'll figure something out, like she always does.

Once we get to the conference room, I take a seat next to Shodan, and kick my feet up on the table. I lean back, and pretend like I'm listening to Darby. Once he's done talking, I lean over to Shodan, and say, "You got any plans, boss? Any ideas for a big heist? Something I'll be able to do what I'm good at?"

The Bully posted:

Wild Bull the Bully

Villain Name: Wild Bull
Look: woman, white, casual clothing, simple costume

Abilities:
Terrifyingly strong: I can punch steel walls with my fist. Can you punch steel walls? Yea, I didn't think so.
Unbelievably hard to kill: The dark flames inside of me have tempered my body, and made it as hard as steel. I'm basically bullet-proof, and my body heals at a faster rate than a normal human one does.
Uniquely skilled at causing pain: They don't call me the "Wild Bull" for nothing. Once I set my sights on you, you better pray to whatever God you believe in for an intervention, cuz that's the only way to stop me from coming for you.

Assets:
A dangerous beast -

Gertrude - Hey! Don't insult Gertie like that! She's my parting gift from The Madam, and she's not dangerous at all! I'll have you know she's actually a kind and gentle soul! Aren't you, girl? Yes you are! Why is she looking at you like that? Oh, that just means she really likes you! Come on, why don't you pet her? I promise she won't bite... much.

Labels
Freak +0
Danger +2
Trouble +0
Superior -1
Menace +2

Bully Moves
□ I’m the Juggernaut
When there’s something you want and someone, something, or someplace is in your way, roll +Danger. On a hit, you breeze past any obstacle and get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition; leave something behind; take something with you.

□ Rhino’s Bargain
Whenever you threaten someone or something your target cares about with physical force or violence, you may roll +Menace instead of +Superior to provoke someone.

Moment of Triumph
Nobody can make you do anything anymore. Right now, the chains come off, as does any other limit you or anyone else put on you. They’re going to all pay for what they’ve done. Every single transgression, every single wrong, is paid back in full, with interest. Of course, there’s some collateral damage, and it might be that you’re the one leaving the traumatized in your wake, starting the cycle anew…

Plan Moves
When you meddle in the plots of others… mark Curses! If you immediately make them the boss or the meat. If they are already the boss or the meat, take Influence over them instead.

When others meddle in your plots… give them Influence over you and hold 1. Spend that hold to show up when they least expect it.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan… hold it over them like they are a child, make them jump for it, and roll +Plan. On a hit, they are vulnerable. On 7-9+, choose one: mark a condition; spend one Plan; they know where to find you after this.

During our first caper…
We upstaged a respected hero. Who or what was it?

Relationships
Shodan is the boss. They’ve promised to help you get ahead if you follow orders.
Noblesse is the meat. They remind you in a specific way about your weaker self.

Pecking Order
You’re a creature of hierarchy. You always recognize one big boss and one piece of meat. You can change the boss or the meat at any time; give the new subject of your loyalty or depredations Influence over you. Even your victim represents some insecurity about yourself. Take +1 ongoing to any action that supports the boss or frustrates the meat.
Boss: Shodan
Meat: Noblesse

Influence
You're hard to figure out. Give the boss and the meat influence over you, but that's it.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 25, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

So, the good thing about the shithole concrete bunker was that Medusa got to ride there, flagrantly breaking the speed limit along the narrow out of city roads. She loved it. It totally made up having to fill out a stack of forms when she got there. Did it make up still having to hang out with the other chicks who ruined the plan? Not really, but that was a long term problem anyway.

Waiting for her team mates like the good team player she was and totally nor just too lazy and apathetic to even bother getting up, Medusa does not look too impressed at the sight of Diabolical Darby. But in the leagues of lame CLAW baddies he still managed to make it to the middle of the pack. And that was pretty drat sad. “Hey, Darby, it’s after Labor Day.” Medusa points to his all-white suit. That was all she really had to say to the guy, until they all hold hands and go kumbaya.

One might think that the sudden magical teleportation all the way back to Millennium City would be amazing, but no. After Medusa lets her hands drop, and her hair stops threatening to bite Midnight Devil in the eyes, she stares out a window and immediately recognises that skyline. “Dude. My bike.” She sighs, giving Darby a withering look of mild annoyance. “Now I need to take a drat cab out to the middle of nowhere to get it back. Hope I can pay them in chunks of smashed up gold statue.” She gives Wild Bull a bit of a look, but it quickly ends up on Darby again.“So thanks, snake handler guy!” Medusa flashes him a big, fake smile while her snake hair hiss and snap at his direction.

But that wasn’t even the dumbest thing to happen today! “Dude, seriously?” Medusa asks. “A fake ID? For this?” She points at her green, scaly face. And living snake hair. And circles them with her finger just to make sure nobody missed it. "Do I just have to hope all the cops I run into are, like, blind? Seriously man." Medusa shakes her head, throwing a hand up to wave the group farewell for the next couple minutes. "I'm going to go dibs the best bedroom."

The Monster posted:

The progression of the Gorgon curse in Andreja Telchines

Villain Name: Medusa

Playbook: The Monster

Look: Woman, Scaled flesh, Unnerving costume, Upsetting eyes, Animalistic voice

Origin: Struck down with a family curse

Curses! □ □ □ □ □

Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark Curses!

Labels:

Freak +2 | Danger +2 | Trouble -1 | Superior +0 | Menace +0

Conditions:

□ Afraid (-2 to directly engage or cow or rebuke)
□ Angry (-2 to abscond or pierce the mask)
□ Doubting (-2 to unleash your powers or exploit weakness)
□ Insecure (-2 to provoke someone or reject what others say)
□ Paranoid (-2 to distract someone or assess the situation)

Abilities:

Insane Regeneration
Let's see. I've been in a bike crash, stabbed, shot, impaled, crushed, hit by a car, hit by a plane, set on fire, blown up, had weird magic stuff cast at me, drowned in a bathtub and thrown out a window. Plus I smoke. But you wouldn't know any of it, I don't have a scratch on me. I think that was part of the curse. Like, making sure I have to live with this terrible life of being an awful monster forever. Ha! Apparently the Gorgons were immortal? Two of them anyway. Like, Medusa wasn't. Bitch got her head cut off. Not that I have, but I'm not super excited to go try that one out. Maybe that's my only weakness, getting my head cut off? Or would I just have to Frankenstein my head back on and be stuck with gnarly neckbolts keeping my head on.

Extra Limbs
Not like, three arms or four heads or whatever. It just turns out that dozens and dozens of snakes can grab stuff pretty well. You know, like boa constrictors. And if they can't grab it then they can bite it, and dozens of snakes biting something grabs it pretty well too. And those fangs are really sharp, I've seen them bite through, like, glass and metal and stuff before. It was pretty weird at first, having four foot long snakes just hanging out on my head. But they're actually really handy. No that's not a pun, it's just useful to have a dozen extra hands around when you need them. And they're all muscle so when they work together I can lift, like, a couple people and change. It's awesome.

Assets:

A grimoire
So I know I got cursed, but the thing is I don't actually know anything about magic or curses or nothing. There isn't even anything on the internet! All I got was a stupid wikihole about old Greek myths and Uma Thurman. Apparently stuff about magic and poo poo is only really kept in super old books in big libraries hidden in creepy mansions. But I didn't know which creepy old mansions, did I? But it had to be in one of them, right? So there I am, breaking into creepy old mansion after creepy old mansion looking for a big book on magic curses. Jokes on me though, even after I find it I can't read the stupid thing because it's in Latin or some crazy language. I don't know, screw it. I hate magic.

A vehicle
My best friend! My true love! The only thing I can trust in this rotten world! My bike! A classic 1979 Honda CB750, customised and restored by yours truely. 0 to 100 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed of over 200kph, it's enough to even get my cold cursed snake blood pumping. And it's all analogue, baby! No smart rear end nerd wheezing behind a laptop screen hacking my bike. If somebody wants to screw with me and my bike they need to come up and do it right in front of my face. And then they'll get a nice reminder that I can walk away from a high speed bike crash on the highway and they can't.

Monster Moves

New Face of Fear
When you frighten, intimidate, or terrify others with your monstrous appearance and demeanour, roll +Danger. On a hit, they choose to make themselves vulnerable to you, or to flee. On a 10+, you choose one. On a 7-9, choose two.
- You harden the resolve of someone else to stop you, and will pay for it later.
- You create a complication for your peers due to the terror.
- You mark a condition.

Dehumanise Yourself and Face to Bloodshed
Whenever you directly engage in an outwardly inhuman and monstrous way, you may mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Bleeding Heart
Whenever you act contrary to your monstrous appearance and reputation to show kindness and mercy to a true innocent, give Influence to any witness and hold 1. Spend that hold to take +2 to reject what others say and mark Curses!

Plan Moves

When you meddle in the plots of others… ask if they see you as a person or see you as a thing. If they say person, mark a condition and Curses! If they say thing, they gain Influence on you. If they already have Influence on you, they can take advantage of it and spend it to clear a condition.

When others meddle in your plots… show them that they are a monster too, and bring them into your dark world. If they come along willingly, take Influence on them, and they take +1 forward. If they come along kicking and screaming, they mark a condition, and so do you.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan… describe in detail all the terrible things you have in mind for your target. Roll +Freak. On a hit, they mark the condition Afraid, if they have it. If they do not, or already have it marked, they are vulnerable. On a 10+, you clear a condition as well.

Moment of Triumph

Everyone who tells you that you aren’t your body? Screw them! Embrace every dark urge represented in your flesh. Mutate further, and stronger than they could even imagine. Show them that they are monsters too on the inside. Indeed, at the end you’ll transform with your actions someone else, but what path they take is not for you to decide.

During our first caper…

You attracted all the wrong sorts of attention from people. Not fear, but hate. Who absolutely hates your alliance, and will do anything to stop them?

So, what are the odds that on our first mission of infamy together that we face no only Jackal but just happen to have Haze skulking around too? Pretty drat impossible without somebody trying to do it on purpose? Yeah, that's what I thought. No way this was all just, like, some happy little coincidence. So I wanted to find out who that somebody was who wanted to screw us over here. Thankfully a little birdy told me something rather interesting. Those heroes we ran into on the job? They got tipped off about us by the Stepanychev crime family, one of the rivals to de Vile family (according to the pigeon). Very superstitious and very against magic, so between Noblesse and Wild Bull and me there was plenty of hate going around. They were more than happy to sick heroes on us.

Relationships

You looked in the eyes of Sapphire-6 and saw something that made even you shiver.

I've seen all different kinds of crazy in CLAW. But what I see in Sapphire isn't crazy. It's just sheer, total devotion to her cause. I so don't get it. If it took killing the rest of us to free some toasters? She'd do it without skipping a beat. That amount of caring about anything is just weird. And she has, like, a whole army of calculators at her beck and call to do it. She's the real monster here.

Noblesse knew who you were before you changed.

I didn't know that Veronica was Noblesse, super evil magical princess mafia godmother in training, at the time, but yeah. I knew her before all of the magic curse stuff started happening. I don't honestly know why she suddenly got interested in my back then, I was about as dull and bland and average as you could get. But as if I was going to question it, some hot rich chick wanted to hang out with me not like I was going to say no back then. We hung out and… I don't know if we dated? I was way too much of a pussy back then to ask about that poo poo. But it didn't matter, when I started growing snake hair I freaked out and just bailed on her. 'I can't let Veronica see me like this, she wouldn't understand!' Hah. Who'da guessed that after all this time she's one of the first CLAW chicks I see.

Influence

You’re unsubtle, and easily roused. Give everyone Influence on you.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Trouble: +2 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +2
Curses!: 1/5 | Infamy: 0/3 | Conditions:

"Now, now, you'll get used to it." Noblesse quips at Wild Bull, holding her up as she gets teleportation sickness. As Wild Bull is done, however, the 'Noblesse' that was next to her fades away - it was, after all, just an illusion.

The real Noblesse, after all, had been standing with the rest of the group.

"Apart from being curious why CLAW thought it was a good idea to stick me and Wild Bull into one team, not really. I do, however, have a suggestion for our next job." she starts, sitting down on the comfiest looking chair of the bunch.

"See, Medusa's intel was solid. It was the Stepanychev family that messed with us in our first job. And if you ask me, our first priority as a villainous alliance should be making sure people don't mess with us again. So I've been busy, and collected some info on their Millennium city holdings. So far, I've identified a casino used for money laundering, a warehouse used as a base of operations, and an animal smuggling ring. You know, the exotic kind. Although they ARE running a dog fighting ring as well. How about we go smash up all of those and send them a message?"

The 'real' Noblesse briefly flickers as Medusa makes it to the top of the stairs. Oh, apparently this one is an illusion too. Great.

"Aww, come on darlin'. Don't be such a downer. Darby can just teleport your bike here, you know?." she flirts with Medusa. "As for the snakes, don't worry about it!"

Noblesse then boops Medusa on the nose. The snakes don't seem to react to Noblesse as she does so. loving magic, how does it work?!. As she does so, Medusa's skin color changes to what it used to be pre-curse, and even the snakes disappear - but, of course...

"I'm here for you! I do illusions, remember? Anyway, I've taken a look at the bedrooms, and it looks like the best one is a doubler. Wanna share?" Noblesse asks, playfully.

quote:

14:56 Yamifenrir Noblesse - A dame to kill for
14:56 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
14:56 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 2+2 = 4
14:56 Yamifenrir Well, we're off to a good start.

Noblesse is suggesting the following Caper: Take revenge on the Stepanychev family that messed with us last caper.

quote:

Villain Name: Noblesse
Look: Woman, White, fashionable clothing, garish costume.

Abilities:

Time Control
A diluted version of my father's power. He can do a lot more with it (such as rewinding, sending things through time and freezing it), but so far I only figured out how to accelerate and decelerate people and objects around me. Not sure if I'll get more than that, but it's proven incredibly useful either way. Being able to cast complex spell at three times the ordinary speed allows me to punch way above my paygrade.

Spells and Illusions
My bread and butter, passed down from my mother. My forte includes Curses (as in, the magical kind, not just something to get offended by...), and a lot of other schools of the dark magicks such as Evocation, Abjuration, Summoning, Illusions and so on. No, I don't care enough to explain all of them. Just trust me that getting good at magic is actually pretty drat hard. I've been practicing for eight years so far. If you expect more, how about YOU try memorizing 20 books worth's of spells, all written in a language most people don't even know exists?

Assets:

Mob Connections
As the heir to the de Vile family, I've got access to their resources. Which are a lot. If you need something, be it legal or illegal, I'm your woman. Just be wary of the interest...

Criminal Lackeys
In the same way, I've also got access to their idiots who think they can make it big. You'd be surprised what people do if they think they can rise in status in an arbitrarily decided system.

Labels:
Freak 0
Danger -1
Trouble +2
Superior 0
Menace +2

Rogue Moves:

A Dame to Kill For
When you manipulate the affections of someone, roll +Trouble. On a hit, they are smitten (or otherwise admiring) of you. On a 10+, take Influence on them. On a 7-9, they choose one.
- Give you Influence on them.
- Mark a condition.
- Give themselves to you and make themselves vulnerable.

Heart of Glass
Whenever you betray someone or take advantage of your Influence on them, they mark Curses! and you hold 1. Spend that hold when they betray you or take advantage of their influence on you to mark Curses! and clear a condition.

Agenda
You’re always working towards some secret Agenda, that may not always be at odds with your peers, but certainly isn’t their focus. After a Caper has been decided on, write down a single line agenda, like “get the files to Home Office” or “give Statesman a kiss”. It can really be anything, but it’s best if it’s something that is sideways to what the alliance is getting at with the Caper. Once you’ve written it down, give it to the MC in secret. You may take +1 to any roll to pursue your Agenda (your call), though you want to be careful not to overplay your hand. At any time during a Caper, if one of your peers accuses you of having a secret agenda, ask them what they think it is. You can admit it, or deny it, your choice. The MC will not reveal the true Agenda until later. At the end of a Caper, the truth eventually comes out, and the MC reveals your Agenda. Anyone who guessed correctly (MC’s call) gains Influence on you. If you went along with a spurious and incorrect accusation, instead you take Influence on them. If anyone guessed correctly at all, you mark Curses!

Moment of Triumph:
For just a moment, they trust you. For a moment, whatever you say, people take at face value. You can lie to anyone, you can sell ice to an Eskimo, you can sell real estate on Earth to Galactus. You are the master manipulator, and don’t have to bother with the whole worrying about gaining trust. Given this gift, of course, you squander it and abuse it, so when your deceit becomes obvious to all, it’s hard to say if anyone can trust you again.

Plan Moves:
When you meddle in the plots of others…
ask them if they’ll trust you, just this once. If they give you a chance, they take +1 forward and give you Influence on them. If they deny you this chance, mark a condition and Curses!

When others meddle in your plots…
decide if they actually know something or if they are following smoke and mirrors. If they actually know something, add a Plan point to the pool. If they are following smoke and mirrors, shift Menace up and any other label down.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan…
reveal and explain how your target was actually working with you all along. Roll +Trouble.
On a 10+, this is actually true. Add a Plan point to the pool, and they are now no longer a threat.
On a 7-9, this is a bluff, and they choose one.
- They deny it ardently. They make themselves vulnerable in the process.
- They play along, but turn the tables with the story. They give you Influence on them, but also take Influence on you.
- They are confused. They mark a condition.

During our first caper…
Someone got some very dangerous information that they could use on us. Who holds this information, and what kind of information is it?

Relationships
You want to earn the genuine trust of ___________________.
You and ___________________ used to be an item. It didn’t end well.

Influence
You leave broken hearts and broken glass wherever you go, but you care more than you’d ever let on. Give three of your peers Influence on you.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Gertie snarls at Noblesse as she starts talking. I know the feeling, girl. As much as I hate to admit it, that plan of hers is... it's solid. They hit us, so we hit them back harder, show them we're not to be messed with, and she HAD to go and add that thing about the dog fighting ring? poo poo. I WANT to tell Noblesse her plan is a load of crap, but... I can't. I actually want to agree with it. Agh, why couldn't literally anybody else have said it instead of her?

I'm not going to say anything about her plan, but I WILL pipe up about her previous comment, "Wow, you must not be as smart as you think you are, shortround," I give a sarcastic shrug, and shake my head, "The answer to your question is obvious, but I don't blame you if you're not seeing it. The truth can be hard to admit sometimes." I take my feet off the table, and rest an arm on it, "Ya see, the reason they put you together with me is because they felt sorry for you. They knew someone as sheltered and... delicate as you can't cut it in the real world, so they thought, let's team her up with a real villain. Someone who wouldn't mind carrying around all that dead weight. THAT'S why I'm here, to make up for your own... shortcomings." I flash her a big, fake smile.

"Oh, and remind me again, which family holds the most power over the city? Because I'm pretty sure," the smile on my face dissapears, and is replaced with a look of pure vitriol, "It's not yours."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 21, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Noblesse (or rather, the illusion you are speaking to) merely gives Wild Bull a bored look. The real one is probably more annoyed at Wild Bull (what with being sensitive about her height), but she isn't present. "You do realize I just got here, right? Give it some time." she replies, standing back up again and pacing around the room.

"So, where is this magical real villain you speak of? Is it Shodan? Midnight Devil? ... Sapphire, perhaps?" she continues, gesturing towards them as she does so. "Because all I'm seeing when I'm looking at you is a lapdog. Spoilers, real villains have Agenda. They don't ask the next best person if they got a job for them."

A second illusionary Noblesse appears behind Wild Bull and pats her on the head. "Don't worry, though, I'll let you have your delusions if it makes you happier. Your services as a meat shield are, after all, very appreciated by all of us."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

To Noblesse's plan, Medusa shrugs. "Just as long as we don't get caught in the middle of a gang war, sure." She supposes. Having their new hideout get bombed by the Russian mob would be a real pain in the rear end.

Then she sighs just a little. "Because I love other people touching my bike. And using magic crap on it." Medusa answers Noblesse, or the close approximation to Noblesse that the real one was projecting an illusion of. It was probably an illusion because the real Veronica didn't have such perfect, flawless skin. It was like a photoshopped mask or something, and the real one had a few tiny freckle-y things right up under her fringe that she hated letting people see.

That train of thought gets disrupted by the boop. "Oh. Of course. Illusions and make-up. It's just that easy to circumvent an evil curse." Medusa deadpans, and right on cue the real Noblesse (where ever she was) can feel a sudden flare of dark magic. Her illusion, so elegantly booped onto Medusa's nose, starts to peel off like old paint in the sun, flaking off and falling down to the ground before evaporating back into magic stuff. The real, green Medusa and her snakes are back within moments. "Oh. Wait." She smirks. "Thanks anyway."

But what truely stopped Medusa in her tracks and brought her back to the other girls was hearing the rooms had already been scoped out. drat. "A double? Can't even afford six rooms, man?" She tosses Darby's way, but yet again sighs. "Well…" She casts an eye over the room. Darby? Would be arrested if he slept here with six young girls. Wild Bull? Hell no. Shodan? Hell no. S6? Hell no. Midnight Devil? Probably not. Hmm. "…it's not like any of the others are going to put up with sharing a room with you." Medusa does finally concede. But with a caveat. "Course, that depends if Bull tries to punch you through the wall tonight or not."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Freak +1 | Danger 0 | Trouble +2 | Superior 0 | Menace 0
Curses! 0/5 | Infamy 0 | Conditions None

Sapphire sighs. It sounds like someone autotuned a breeze. "Don't worry, Medusa. I can have one of my Dancers grab your bike on the way over. After all, they're behind too." The teleportation itself is mostly just an inconvenience--if a slightly embarrassing one. Her hologram flickers off for an instant, revealing the plain, alabaster body underneath. Thankfully, she was wearing armor, so she was spared that indignity--not that there's anything to see, but it's habit. Synthstars like her get the Idol treatment and all that entails. Internally, her GPS hiccups for a second and her gyroscope doesn't so much as jump; the benefits of music-military-industrial complex.

"Actually...a gang war might not be a bad idea. Think about it, the FALCON response system is already having trouble." She pantomimes holding a thin stick between her hands. "Now this system is designed to dispatch all our idealistic and driven young counterparts; with only us six, we cannot break it. But as they say, many hands make light work..." Her hands begin to tremble and a realistic creaking noise is heard from the 'stick'. "Even the stoutest tree must bow before a strong wind or else be broken." Snap!

"Say we arrange for a war. The Stepanychev and their enemies bleed. Regardless of the outcome, we have taken our pound of flesh. We...make sure that the war is not quiet. And then we attack the FALCON system directly--DDOS attacks and callers crying wolf. By the time they put out the fires...well, anything could have happened. And if nothing else, we've taken two birds with one stone or possibly three if we've the will and the initiative. Taking down their emergency system will be enough to make our names. If we can further use the chaos...Well, there's great risk but also great rewards for all of us."

Seconding Noblesse's plan with some...added bits.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 27, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"Oh." Medusa sounds somewhat surprised. "Yeah, okay. Thanks, Sapphire."

And her plan doesn't seem too bad either. "So what? Just stretch everything until it breaks and watch as FALCON and the Stepanychev's burn down? …yeah, that could work." Medusa shrugs.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: 0 | Dan: -1 | Tro: 0 | Sup: +3 | Men: +1
Curses!: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I honestly suspect the endless amount of paperwork is intended as some sort of combination behavioral reinforcement / enforced team-building exercise (by now we are all certainly united in our hatred of filling out reams of forms that manage to make super-villainy banal)... or someone high up in CLAW is an absolute sadist. Luckily I built a device specifically to counter this particular irritant, because of course I loving did. Meet the CLAW-BE-GONE Mk I.! It's not the best name ever, but it does what I want - sit on the table until one of their forms is put in front of me, then fills them out for me with limited neural link interfacing when necessary. Certainly makes this less of a hassle.

But then some rear end in a top hat named Darby showed up and said he's handling forms from now on, so I supposed I can shelve plans for the Mk II. After a whirlwind of this guy trying to show off, I've made an accounting of our recent gains: less paperwork, an expensive loft apartment, an office with TERRIBLE hardware in it (I am going to have to rearrange and fix the entire place solely so I can stand being in that room), fake IDs tying us to a fake company, and relative freedom to plan our next caper in our shiny new boardroom. Not a bad haul, though certainly no epic loot attached. Where's the robots or laser grid or signal disruptors or even one single giant pit under a trapdoor? We're really gonna have to work to fix this loving place.

Given how insistent I was that I be largely responsible for planning our last mission, it's probably odd to everyone else that I say little when the meeting starts, not even bothering to take the chair at the head of the table. No, instead, slipping my self-made tablet out of a pocket in my trench-coat, I get to work, seemingly ignoring everyone there... so while they're busy bickering and arguing over their dumb things, I'm both listening with part of my attention (I am not sure you understand how seamlessly my brain processes data, it's like Einstein's but cranked up to eleven and then overclocked, I'm bored ninety nine point six percent of the time,) and using my datapad to project a holographic display of our base, then using my techgloves to manipulate the blueprint to add defenses and expanding infrastructure and features (and reroute our IT so no one's trying to hog the bandwidth but me).

"Definitely have some plans," I inform Wild Bull without looking away from my work when she asks me about them, having moved on to typing away quite a few notes about possible defensive permutations and monitoring equipment that could be deployed, meanwhile reviewing Noblesse's suggestion with another part of my brain and identifying the numerous flaws. Sparing a moment to carefully adjust a stray bit of my hair that'd fallen out of order back into place, I grin. "But for now everyone's brainstorming, technically no bad ideas here," oh yeah I don't sound loving sarcastic there at ALL, nope.

Ah, finally finished! I switch to a different projection - a map of the city - just as Medusa's finished speaking... almost as if I'd planned it. "Couple problems with the plan as is," I begin, waving my hand to highlight a couple key points on the map in red. "First one, why should WE risk getting caught up in a loving gang war, or just use some mere other gang as a pawn? Sure, we should instigate poo poo and help ourselves to their assets, but it's obvious that as of now we've got two big enemies, FALCON and the Stepanychev family. We should just trick both into going to war with each other, that way we win no matter what. Just gotta run a false flag operation at one of those locations you supposedly know about - easy with hacking and illusions and planted evidence - and leak some data to key people, nothing too big. As long as we just say we're 'confiscating' things like Protagonists do, we can even steal poo poo the whole time too."

Grinning wickedly, I hold up a second finger, which also happens to zoom in on one of the locations I highlighted. "And second, during the chaos that follows - I actually like the bit about burning FALCON's response systems to the ground - I suggest we hit a real target. Perhaps one of FALCON's auxiliary bases," I point at the big glowing red dot for all my slow teammates, aka all of them "after we've collected some intel... would mean gaining full access to their network, its accumulated armory and resources, we can burn it down when we're done if we want, and best of all the Stepanychevs will probably get blamed for hiring us even if we DO we get found out."

"More suffering for our enemies, bigger loving haul for us, less risk once things are in motion so long as we don't gently caress up the first phase super bad - we can even hack a TV station or release a loving YouTube video and brag about it, include proof if anyone's into the being super smug thing." I certainly am. "Thoughts?" It's a genuine question, I think I'm the only one in the room having them sometimes.

Not sure if that counts as countering the plan or not since it's not really all that different, but if it does, am doing that.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 22, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

"How about you go in first to gather intel and we sit back here all nice and cosy and not getting five loving gold statues dropped on our heads because Bull is an idiot and your plan is stupid?" No, Medusa wasn't bitter at all about how much of a gently caress up that last mission was and how much it hurt to get smashed with massive statues. Why do you ask?

Deep breath. Nice and calm. "Besides, you let one of your robots get hijacked. Once some tech wiz over at FALCON looks under the hood isn't any internet techy magic crap you try and do going to be compromised like a computer at a public library running XP?" Medusa points out.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Now now, let's not have this devolve into a full on brawl while we have a guest." Noblesse berates the team, fully aware of the hypocrisy. Then, Noblesse turns to Shodan. "All of those are valid points, Shodan - my intention was to work out specifics once we agreed on our goal. We do all agree that the Stepanychev has to pay for messing with us, yes? Can't let anybody think we're going to let ourselves get pushed around like that."

Noblesse takes a moment to look at the reactions of her peers.

"Or is somebody here afraid of them? I won't judge. After all, cowardice is a perfectly human response, yes?" she concludes.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Grrrrr!!" I swat away at the illusion like the annoying buzzing fly that it is. "Condescending little poo poo," I mutter under my breath. Am I mad? No poo poo I'm mad. I want nothing more than to punch the smug right outta her face, but nah, now's not the time for that. The thing about rage? You gotta build up to it, first. Let the anger slowly build up inside of you, until you reach the point were it completely consumes you, and you let it all out, in one, big, explosive burst. I could easily go for her now, but that wouldn't be as satisfying, now would it? No, I want to see the utter fear on her face when a fully-enraged bull is charging her way.

I cross my arms, and give her a look that says, "Come on. Provoke me more. I loving dare you."

I wait for Noblesse to take another dig at me, but it ends up being Medusa who makes the next comment. I give her a death glare, and say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll make sure to drop a loving building on you next time."

quote:

"Afraid? Of those Stepanychev punks? Please." I spit on the floor, "They're all a bunch of cowardly shits who don't have the balls to send their own men against us. I don't care how we do it, as long as we make 'em realize that messing with us is the biggest mistake they've ever made."

"Also, uh," my tone shifts from confident to slightly nervous, "I think we should also do... something... about that dog fighting ring. Because, you know, those dogs might be... uh, expensive? We can steal them, and sell them to nice homes! It'll be a great way to rake in some extra profit!" I look around the room, with an all-too excited expression on my face, but all I get are blank stares from everybody. I go a little red from embarrassment, and slump back down on my chair. "...Nevermind."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The way in which Shodan addresses Medusa and Noblesse and their contributions the scheme while pointedly ignoring Sapphire-6's presence--or even saying her name--does not go unnoticed. All wrongs will be addressed in due time. She sidles up next to Wild Bull. "No, the dog-fighting ring is a good target. As Shodan said, a fight between the Stepanychev and FALCON would be ideal--particularly if we can still produce the same 'war in the streets' result. A dog-fighting ring is just the kind of target that young heroes would go for. All humans like dogs." Including Wild Bull, it seems. "And keep in mind, any artifice we come up with only needs to last for a short time--and convince an already distrustful party. If the Stepanychev believe that they have been taken by FALCON, will they believe evidence to the contrary from FALCON? No, of course not. Not even if we brutalize a few gangsters to make sure that they get angry."

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 27, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Trouble: -1 | Superior: +0 | Menace: +0

Medusa meets Bull's rage with her own indifference. Being unable to die kinda did that that to you when talking to raging crazy people. "Yeah, sure thing Godzilla. You do that."

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Freak -1 Danger 0 Trouble +3 Superior 0 Menace +1
Curses: 0/5 Infamy 0
Conditions: None yet!

Ugh, do you know how long it takes to get an uber all the way out here? A LOT! Like, god, it's so loving impossible to get out to this lovely base, and if they don't get us something better I will be Very Angry! I mean, come on. I get that we're a new team and all ,but it's an hour and a half from anything important??? How are we supposed to commit crime, again??? I mean, gosh, I realize our first mission didn't go great THANKS EVERYONE EXCEPT ME AND SAPPHIRE AND MEDUSA, but like, jesus! Guuuh, and then they make us do PAPERWORK, which seems WEIRD when we're all doing this illegally anyways? I mean like, I GET IT ,but being a villain is harder like this. Sometimes I wonder if I should have gone solo, but then I wouldn't have all these buddies to help me out, so I guess that makes sense.

Anyways, there's this MRA lookin guy who's here to assist us or be our handler and stuff? I listen to his speech ,but honestly it's pretty loving boring. BUT! AT least he's doing the loving paperwork, thank Jeeesus christ superstar, I will die if I have to read another form. So anyways, I start to leave to go call /another/ Uber, even if there are any around here, but he has a faster way- I shrug, and join the little teleportation circle...

And Bam! Suddenly, in a flash of light, we're there! Other people are wavering or getting sick and stuff, but I'm just fine! As soon as we get here I'm running around looking at stuff- couches, chairs, the interior design, I don't know why some of the others are complaining, this is the kind of proper high class place /I DESERVE/ for my trials and tribulations! "So we're these techy geeks? I gethca. Shodan should feel right at home!" loving Shodan- I give her a smile and a grin, but she's got one coming- I'm /sure/ she had something to do with that museum job getting busted. Last time I rely on her, at least rely on her alone. On the other hand, some of the others could be... pretty useful, and some are even cute! Bull, Sapphire, and to an extent Medusa all are, for sure.

So, anyways, while I was looking around, it looks like Bull and Noblesse are getting in a Fight- Noblesse, inbetween talking about a not terrible plan, is teasing and taunting bull in a way that, if I'm honest, doesn't seem smart? Especially given their bad blood, and their gangs, and all that stuff. Still, like, i want to get to the planning and doing of things ratherthan the 'bitch and start a fistfight' phase, so I sliiiide out between the two of them, or between Bull and whereever Noblesse's current illusion is. "Guuys! Guys, look. We don't need to do the fighty-fights, we need to plan out a thing. Like, let's not bitch a fit at each other when we're just starting- and come the gently caress on, Noblesse! Don't be all antagonistic, okay? We might be villains, but we're a/ team/ of villains, right? Come on, let's kiss and make up."

<Nea> Provoke Noblesse to apologize to Bull
<Nea> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Nea, 11 = 11

She's trying to get Noblesse to stop being a butt and apologize.

quote:

Villain Name: Midnight Devil
Playbook: The Crook
Look: Female, , Asian, expensive clothing, stylish costume
Origin: Started from the top, now I'm here.
Abilities: Martial Arts and Burglary/Theft

Assets
A Fence- Look, how the gently caress do you think I make money? I know this girl, Clarissa, who works with SanTonio's gang. They have people everywhere, and they're really good at funneling loot to where it can be sold safely. So I toss it to them, get a check, and never have to worry about it again.
forged documents - You know how my dad's a disbarred lawyer? Well, he isnt' gonna look the gift horse in the mouth of having a source of income, and not to mention he, you know, already got thrown out of being a lawyer once... So he helps me forge stuff, it's a good, mutual partnership.

Labels

Freak: -1
Danger: 0
Trouble: +3
Superior: 0
Menace: +1

Crook Moves
Bag of Tricks
You’re never content to be predictable in your line of work, and constantly stealing new experimental technology and equipment that complement your particular skillset. Whenever you steal some new kit, you can write it down as a new ability if this line is empty.
Treat the new piece of kit as any other ability. Whenever you use the kit in a cunning and risky way, roll +Trouble instead of +Freak to unleash your powers with it. When the third box is checked, the kit is broken, lost, or recovered from those you stole it from, and you can erase it from the line.

□ Casing the Joint
When you’re scoping out a possible mark, whether a person or place, roll +Trouble. On a 10, ask 2. On a 7-9, ask 1.
What here is useful/valuable to me?
What is the best way in/way past?
Who or what here is not what they seem?
Who owns this place?/Whose payroll is this person on?
When’s this last time this person/place has been hit?

Moment of Triumph
You’re about to make the score of your life. There is no obstacle that you can’t bypass, there’s no wall you can’t scale. You make out like a bandit. Everything is within your grasp, just take, take, take, and take some more. The more ridiculous the better here. You need to keep piling it on… because eventually that’s the point where the MC will call it, because it’s your being laden with all that stuff that will expose you once more.

Plan Moves
When you meddle in the plots of others… ask them if they can help you get what you want. If they say yes, give them Influence over you and clear a condition. If they say no, mark a condition and Curses!

When others meddle in your plots… decide whether you slack off or focus. If you focus and get it done as a team, add Plan to the pool. If you slack off together and ease off, they can choose to give you Influence over them to clear one of their conditions.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan… explain how after the score you’re going to fulfill one of your desires with your ill-gotten reward. Roll +Plan. On a hit, cross off the Want described as if fulfilled, as you flash forward to your fantasy. On 7-9, you are distracted; choose one: mark a condition; spend a Plan; the person you are gloating to escapes or gets an advantage.

Wants
Choose 4 Wants to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked want, strike it out, and choose one: mark Curses!, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked Wants are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new Wants. When all Wants are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a threat to the world

□ Mastermind your own caper □ Get a new costume
□ Kiss a superhero □ Get a new villain name
□ Steal from someone you know you shouldn’t □ Earn the respect of a villain you admire
□ Betray a peer when they most need you □ Make out with a peer
□ Take down a hero all on your own □ Knock out a peer
□ Pull off a ridiculous stunt □ Steal something impossible
□ Save a peer’s life □ Start a fight between your peers
□ Show up an adult villain □ Vacation in an incredible place (or time)
□ Get drunk or high with a peer □ Try out being a superhero
□ Hijack a fantastical vehicle □ Reject someone who underestimates you

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I seem to be getting smack talked by the saltiest person on our team. Ahhh Medusa, why won't you let me just vivisect you? You won't die, and there's a lot of data to be gleaned from it I could incorporate into the nanotechnologies I'm working on if you'd just let me! "There are so many things incorrect about what you just said Medusa that it'd take even me a few hours to educate you on just how loving wrong you are about all of it," I inform Medusa matter-of-factly. "So to save all of us time, we're going to ignore it and move on... and speaking of, it's obvious that you hope that our actions will benefit your family, Noblesse - no reason to pretend otherwise."

Midnight Devil steps in and tries to get people to shut up, which earns her a nod for her professionalism, while Sapphire-6 raises a good point. "Sapphire's observation is correct, we just have to get people that distrust each other to start fighting, it's not that loving hard." My Intuitive Analysis mutation doesn't apply to emotions, but I'm fairly sure they're both intimidated by me - as they should be - and it should be easy to manipulate them. Good, my plans have become easier now...

Standing up from my seat, I wave a hand and reset the display on my tablet's holoprojector, now having it show our team's official CLAW profiles. "We all seem to generally be in agreement - hit one group that messed with us and trick them into fighting the other, then use the ensuing chaos to loot the gently caress out of either their resources, or the city's." As I've mentioned those things, they've displayed as objectives next to our info. "The first step then is to identify the exact targets we want to hit, then learn what we need before storming them and framing FALCON for it. The dog one, or whatever, sounds like it'd play for the reasons Wild Bull mentioned." She OBVIOUSLY supports me, which means I'm pretty sure I have around three supporters, aka a majority. Checkmate~

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 23, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Sorry to disappoint you, Boobs-for-Brains, but that was a honest question precisely BECAUSE of said bad blood. Which our resident animal lover--" Noblesse replies, pointing at Wild Bull with her thumb "-- snarked at me for. And, - if you can even grasp that concept - our family has a reputation to uphold. I'm not about about to get sassed by a member of a rival family and let it slide like that."

Noblesse sighs. "Long story short: No."

Noblesse refuses to apologize to Wild Bull, so Noblesse mark Angry.

14:41 Yamifenrir Noblesse rebukes Midnight Devil
14:41 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
14:41 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 9+2 = 11

Midnight Devil can mark Curses!, clear a condition, or shift labels. Noblesse herself clears Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 23, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Curses!: 0/5 | Infamy: 0/3 | Conditions:

If looks could kill, then the one I'm giving Medusa would be enough to vaporize her from existence. She's been on my case ever since the park job, like it was my fault that she was stupid enough to stand underneath the statues like that. What the hell is she complaining about? It's not like she can die! Oh woe is me! My name is Crydusa, and I'm a little snake baby who can't handle a few light bruises! A bloo bloo bloo!

Heh, Crydusa. I'm saving that one for next time.

And now Noblesse is throwing out her insults again? Who the hell does she think she is!? I should say something, put that little brat in her place.

I try to say something, anything, but nothing comes out. poo poo. She's right. I was the one who started the whole snarkfest first, not her. Noblesse is actually in the right here, and that totally pisses me the hell off.

"Oh screw THIS!" I pound an angry fist on the table, almost breaking it in half. I stand up, my face red with anger, "I REFUSE to stay in this room with those TWO ASSHOLES," I point at Noblesse and Medusa, "Any second longer than I have to! I'm OUTTA here!" I pull on Gertie's leash, probably a little stronger than I wanted to, "Come on Gertie, this place stinks too much." I storm out of the room, and slam the door hard it causes the entire room to shake.

Oh right, and I almost forgot one more thing. I open the door, and yell into the room, "AND WE'RE SAVING THOSE loving DOGS!" before I slam it shut again.

Abstaining from the plan via temper tantrum!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 23, 2016

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Darby, who until now has been taking notes on a set of fancy note cards, looks up with an amused smile. "Well! That's certainly one way to make your opinion known." Then he laughs a particularly annoying laugh. "Ha ha ha ha..."

"Anyway," the smug looks back down at his collected notes. It's tough to really read what he's written down from where you are, but if you look closely you can see he's doodled a cute puppy in one corner of a note card. "It looks like you're all in relative agreement. Which is all you really need. So what this sounds like to me, is..."

He picks out a set of note cards, with objectives written on them, across the table to the rest of the group.

quote:

To get revenge on the Stepanychevs and cause a headache for FALCON, you must...

-Shut down the Stepanychev Casino, by either destroying it or by robbing it blind!

-Shut down or otherwise disrupt the Stepanychev's exotic animal smuggling/dog fighting operation. Save The Dogs!

-Instigate a war between the Stepanychevs and another criminal organization, or with FALCON!

-Throw the FALCON Emergency System into chaos! Overload it, hack it, or directly assault it!

(This Caper will have an initial Heat rating of 1)

"That sounds right, right? Also..." Darby clicks his pen a couple of times, then looks down at an official CLAW form in front of him. "I'm going to need to put down an official Mastermind on this, so... I'm going to say Noblesse for this one. Since this all started from her idea..."

He writes a few things down, then looks over at the clock. "Looks like I can get out of your hair, then. I'll see you ladies again after this is all done. Until then, may you have a happy day, and a wonderful night!"

Darby gives you all one last smile, then leaves the room and then teleports away with a bright, purple flash. With him gone, you're on your own and now completely free until the Caper happens tonight.

In the meantime, you're free to prepare for the Caper, get adjusted to your new hideout, or just... do whatever you want. You've got the rest of the afternoon and evening until the team has to get back together.

---

Sometime later...

Everyone

Describe what you did while the team was getting ready for the mission. Did you prepare anything that might help you out on this mission, or maybe would put you ahead of your teammates? Is there anything on your mind while you're waiting for the Caper to start?

Noblesse

You're technically in charge of this operation, even though its clear some people think differently. Describe the scene. Something's different about the Stepanychev operation tonight. Something weird and out-of-place. What is it?

Note: Since Noblesse is technically the mastermind here, Yami gets to set up the initial scene of the Caper in more detail. Everyone else please hold back from actually starting the Caper until then.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Good evening!" Noblesse greets all of you as you return to the office area of the hideout. "I sincerely hope you've all had some time to prepare and/or cool off, because it's about go time. I've taken some time to deliberate the specifics, taking your suggestions into account."

She pulls out a map of the city, with three X's marking the Stepanychev's territory, and a circle marking Falcon's base.

"Now, the most effective way of making sure Stepanychev never realizes it wasn't FALCON that hit them is to make sure we hit them hard and fast. And then, we just 'happen' to leave false evidence behind. I happened to have prepared some. However, the situation has changed." Noblesse explains, pointing to a non-descript box sitting on a table, before placing her finger on the X denoting the animal smuggling operation.

"They're holding a show today - the entire upper echolon of those fools is present. It's a bit strange that they all popped in unannounced - must be some sort of secret meeting. A bit of a problem if we were to attack them here straight on, considering their additional defenses, but we can use this to our advantage." she continues.

"The casino will be the where we start. Wild Bull, you'll team up with Midnight Devil. Your job is to smash the poo poo of the casino. As a distraction for Midnight Devil, as is. While you smash it to pieces, she'll rob it blind. Make sure you knock their goons out before they realize you aren't a goody two shoes. This should attract the attention of the most of their goons - which Medusa and I will intercept on their way there."

Moving her finger to the FALCON target, she turns to Shodan and Sapphire. "In the meantime, I want the two of you to mess up the FALCON emergency system. ESPECIALLY their phone lines. The less they can communicate with Sepanychev, the better. You're the techies, I'll let you figure out how to do it the best - just make sure you don't mess up. This part is important.

Following that, she returns her finger to the smuggling base.

"And once their goons are dealt with, we raid their smuggling ring, punch their head honchoes a few times for good measure and then steal all of their 'merchandise'." Noblesse concludes. "Any objections? I'm willing to listen to feedback as long as it isn't idiotic. Only thing that matters to me is that we win."

Yamifenrir Noblesse Cooks up a most Troubling Scheme!
17:37 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
17:37 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 9+2 = 11

Adding 1 Plan to the pool!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 24, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Exhausted assest: Bike

In the time it took Noblesse to scrawl a few X's on a map, Medusa hung out with Sapphire-6 waiting for her backup dancers to get to the base. With her bike in tow. Couldn't forget the important thing here.

Medusa did listen to the plan but really didn't pay it much mind. Her part in it was just to hold up and beat up the reinforcements for the Stepanychev's. Easy. Of course, there is an argument to be made that it was only easy because Medusa was so good at it, but she wasn't about to get into the particulars of how one plans a good fight. This simply wasn't the place for it.

"All right." Medusa sighs and gets up. "I'll set up an ambush point and meet you there, Noblesse." She nods to the 'mastermind' of the plan and heads out of the door. Then pops her snake-topped head back in. "Just um, do you need a spellbook or anything? For magic? Because I need, like, an illusion of a car crash for later. So, I don't know, get one of those ready. Please." With a big and very fake smile, Medusa takes a second shot at leaving to start setting up her little part of the scheme.

With her darling 800cc machine back with her, Medusa makes it to her chosen ambush spot in no time at all. "An overpass across the main freeway towards the casino." She talks to herself, pulling off her bike helmet to the relief of her dozens of snakes. "The fastest way to drive there if, say, you were called by an alarm system to come to said casino because it was being punched up by Wild Bull." She glares at the casino in the distance. "How exactly is that supposed to be not linked back to us? Doesn't matter, not important. So all I need is Veronica to do her magic poo poo and make it look like there's a car crash. Then when the Stepanychev goons are underneath here, I just jump down and elbow drop their car. Then things sort themselves out from there." She sighs and smirks, turning to the man trying to keep himself hidden on her left who had been listening in on her talking. "Easiest thing in the world, right?"

Wait hang on a second…

The man runs as soon as those snakes match eyes with him. With a hiss Medusa's hair rises up. "You! Stop!" She shouts at him, to little avail. He was running and running hard, maybe because he was trying to spy on her and had been caught or maybe because he was scared of the snake freak. But Medusa didn't know and couldn't take a chance, so she jumps back on her bike and wheels around to chase down the man. And stop she does, crashing into him with the bike. And then the bike with the alley wall right behind him.

"…okay. So. No more bike. Again." Medusa sighs from the wreckage. "Hope our new place has a garage…"

Robodog: Medusa Cooks up a most Dangerous scheme!!!!
[11:14am] Robodog: !r 2d6+2
[11:14am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 6+2 = 8
[11:14am] Robodog: well not a total waste

adding 1 plan point to the pool! and exhausting my vehicle resource

Robodog fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 25, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

A few hours before the Caper.

I look out over the city, resting my crossed arms on the brick parapet. A cool breeze brushes over me, calming my nerves down. What? Just because I'm an angry misanthrope who likes to smash everything in her way doesn't mean I can't appreciate some peace and quiet every now and then. It lets me think. Yea, think. I do that too, sometimes.

Thinking about how better all those tall, fancy buildings would look when they're smashed into rubble. Thinking about all those people, with their perfect lives, and their perfect families, gasping in horror, as everything they've ever worked for comes (literally) crumbling down.

Godzilla, huh? The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like the sound of that. I wonder if there's anything that can make me Kaiju size...

"Rrrrr?"

I turn my head, and I see Gertie, looking at me all concerned again. "Yea, I'm okay now girl. Sorry about pulling so hard on your leash earlier." Gertie walks up closer, and gives me a little nuzzle. I smile, and pet her cute little head.

"...Hey, did you notice? Devil actually stood up for me! Kinda. I thought she'd be really mad at me after I smashed up the statues, but I guess she's not THAT mad?"

Gertie tilts her head, probably wondering why that would make me happy.

"It's just, you know, we're, like, partners, yea? We got that whole dog business thing, and, you know, it'd just be really bad for, um, business if she wasn't happy with... me."

"Rrrr..."

"Oh don't you give me that look! It's true! It's not like I LIKE her or anything!! I only care about our business, that's all! It's got nothing to do with how fun it is... to be... around her, or how... incredibly... good looking... she is, or... or.... or..."

I give a defeated sigh, and slide down against the wall. Gertie curls up beside me, and rests her head on my lap. "...Whatever. I shouldn't be thinking of that now. I should be thinking about doing what I'm best at; smashing poo poo."

--

I walk back into the meeting room, not as grumpy as I was before, but still a little grumpy. Of all the people, Noblesse had to be the leader of this whole operation. Yea, I know this was all TECHNICALLY her plan, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I plop myself down, and half-hardheartedly listen to her plan. Wow, my job is to smash poo poo? Who would've seen that coming. I'm sure it must've taken all her brain power to think of tha- wait what did she just say? I'm partnered with WHO!?

Alright, just calm down. You've partnered up with her before. Remember your whole side venture thing? This shouldn't be any different! You're just going to be alone with her for a while. No clients or dogs this time. Just you... and her. Alone. Before the big heist. poo poo.

I listen to the rest of Noblesse's plan, trying not to think of other... things, and as much I hate to admit it, her plan is... solid. All except for one, little thing. "Yea, I got something," I raise up my hand, "I got no problem causing mayhem- it's kinda my thing, but I have a reputation in those circles, remember? When they hear about an angry, blue-haired, girl surrounded by dark fire, charging in and wrecking up the place, they're going to know it's me, and they might think the Madam might be involved somehow. How the hell am I supposed to make them think I'm one of those goody-goodies from FALCON?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Oh, so you thought about it. Somewhat unexpected, but certainly nothing I didn't prepare for." Noblesse replies to Wild Bull, pulling out a small amulet out of a pocket.

"I made this in the meantime. It will disguise you, your voice and your flames to appear like Pyro-Puncher's. I'm sure you heard of that upstart hero? At least I sure hope so, considering the news said he took part in a Jade Lotus bust."

She reaches the amulet out to Wild Bull. "It's a bit brittle, so be careful. And being an permanent illusion trinket, it was quite expensive to make. So I want it back after the job's done. I did, after all, spent most of the day making it, and it would be a shame if you ruined my hard work." she continues, smiling at you. "Anything else? Should I perhaps teleport you there so you don't get lost?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Pyro-puncher? The schmuck who's always going on about the FLAMES OF JUSTICE or whatever? Yea, I've heard of him." I grab the amulet from her hand, "Not my my most preferred disguise, but whatever. It'll do."

I dangle the amulet in front of me to take a closer look at it. So, she put a lot of work into making this, huh? A smile creeps across my face, and I say to Noblesse, "Oh, don't worry, I'll be extra careful with it." I pocket the amulet.

"Nah, I'm good. I know my way around." I don't, but I'd rather be lost (or take an Uber) than be teleported. Like I said, I hate teleportation.

I turn to Midnight Devil, "So, uh, I'm ready to go whenever you are."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 25, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The plan could be better. Didn't hear mention of disguising Wild Bull and Midnight Devil to make their deception more convincing, Noblesse is using an honest to god physical map to show locations like she's some sort of feudal warlord and doesn't know that loving tablets exist, and I got partnered up with someone else for a job that just involves hacking FALCON's systems. Talk about a total waste of manpower! Sapphire-6's gonna be sitting around while I do all the loving work, since one of us builds beyond cutting-edge machines in her head, and the other's just some robo-singer. Ughhhh, she'll probably try and interfere in everything I'm doing because of that. Scratch that, she's not being put to no use - she's going to be actively detrimental. Whatever, Noblesse is technically in charge - it behooves me to have my poo poo handled publicly while making sure her fuckups get the same amount of attention.

"Taking their lovely systems down will be a piece of cake, Sapphire-6 and me will be done so much faster than the rest of you," I confidently declare, having analyzed who we're sending after what tasks and confirmed it. Just because Noblesse came up with the vague plan first - because she chatters constantly mostly - is no reason for an idiot like her to be in charge when there's a literal super-genius waiting in the wings. Turning to the robot as I stuff a few gadgets I'd withdrawn back into my trenchcoat, I motion for her to follow me, then trudge up towards my room.

-------------------------------

I'm not sure how the others spent their afternoon between our meetings, but mine at least was loving productive - I basically unpacked all of my stuff into my room, the space already stuffed with inventions, devices, hardware and most of all cables and strings of blacklights running across the floor and walls and ceiling like the webs of some massive spider. There's posters for games and shows I like up of course, my entertainment center (custom made of course) is hooked up, as is my server and my various computers. Also, there's a cot with a wrinkled blanket partially on it in the corner, and a big couch in the center of the room, plus a rolling chair. It's not properly messy yet, and there's still a bunch of configuration issues I'll need to micromanage - shouldn't take long - but for now it's my new home, so I'm trying to make it feel like it.

Throwing some coding music on first thing, I motion for her to take a seat on one of the couches. "Any chance you're actually good at this stuff?" I ask as the former-idol as I take a seat in my rolling chair, pulling out the master keyboard, a few of the monitors on the walls springing on and switching to various display screens or shows simultaneously. "'Because if you're not SURE you're loving amazing at it, feel free to chime in what you know about FALCON systems but otherwise like, play games or some poo poo, there's a controller on the table - don't loving save over any of my files though." I growl that last part, but I'm also pulling up a few dozen windows and command prompts and utilities and notepad files of previous weaknesses I'd noticed in their architecture, so I'm barely paying her half a mind anymore - hacking FALCON's systems is much more interesting!

Soon I'm in the midst of things, not having cracked my way in /quite/ yet, but mostly because it hasn't quite been worth my while yet. My mutation's constant and thorough analysis of literally everything coupled with my loving ridiculous hacking expertise is why I'm just probing right now, looking about for the absolute best way to fling a multi-pronged attack their lovely admins' way to bring down everything at once. Sapphire, meanwhile's, been treated to running commentary, since what point is there to having her here if she's not appreciating my brilliance? Someone has to.

And since this whole thing would be too easy otherwise, you can drat well bet I'm leaving a few taunting messages on their poo poo - hints on how to stop me, really. I mean, it's over too quick if I don't help 'em out a little! Plus, what's the fun in not letting them know that they're being messed with deliberately? We want them to be paranoid about it rather than thinking it's just some random bug or virus. "This is too loving easy," I mutter rather loudly, "Like, they'd better not be paying whoever set this Emergency System - if they're drawing a paycheck, that's a bigger goddamn crime than anything we've done so far."

<Rauri> Shodan Cooks up a Superior Scheme
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+3 = 7
Adding another point of plan to the pool, and Marking Heat via compulsively leaving cryptic taunting messages

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Before the Heist...

How better to strain the system than to set up distractions? With the aid of her Backup Dancers, she deposits a number of suspicious packages across the city. Some are ticking. A few may even explode. Nothing too serious, so long as no one is standing on top of one--just enough to distribute her literature. And get the public panicking.

At the Lair...

Already elbow deep into Zircon's circuits, Sapphire-6 does not turn from her work. "I've seen your file and I've seen your work. You're brilliant. But you lack my specialties. I was purpose-built to manipulate people--make them weep with the right tones and words, or make them jump for joy with another." She taps her head with a grease-stained hand. "You wouldn't believe how many processes and subroutines I have dedicated simply to recognizing micro facial expressions. To put it simply, I am the ultimate social engineering hacker." She closes up Zircon and hooks her up to the phone line. A certain someone at the friendly neighborhood multinational telecom was rather lonely some months ago and was all too willing to tell all to a receptive ear. Which is why she never has to pay for when she cold-calls for the cause and why the FCC is helpless before her machinations. "If you ever find yourself facing a system that you can't crack--you be sure to tell me, and I will crack the human element for you."

I have set up suspicious packages--and a few actual bombs--at certain locations throughout the city. These packages are filled with Robo-Abolitionist literature. Also clocks, wires, and pressure cookers.
Sapphire-6 concocts a sinister distraction!
2d6+2 = 8
This will Confuse Them for some time.

Since we're at max Plan, I don't need to contribute to the Scheme. The rest is just fun and flavor.

Also, Sapphire-6 didn't tell anyone about the bombs. They're mostly harmless.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 27, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Curses: 0/5 Infamy 0

So, Noblesse was being a butt and stuff, ugh. Whatever, I'll deal with that cross when I bridge it, and it's not like I don't ahve my own problems with bull! Just, mostly, she's super userful, I don't want her mad at me, and she's also cute as hell, so I was way more inclined to take her side than Noblesse and all. Anyways, so, meeting ajourned and we were free to chill and set up our poo poo! First, I set up a moving van to get a bunch of my stuff over here tomorrow, and I've also gotten a few things delivered right now, from the Usual Sources- a set of my tools for breaking and entering, a spare costume, a set of fake ids, and a suit, carefully tailored in the style of the average D Ranked Goon of the Unspellachev family. That's in the bag incase I need to do a quickchange for an emergency and all.

As for what I've been thinking? Mostly, I've just been wondering what heroes we're inevitably going to come into contact with when we overload the system. Maybe I can kiss Heartful Punch, or meet a cool one I've never heard of- maybe they'll be a guy, ew, but I'm sure that that's not the way my luck goes!

===

Anyways, so I'm in my costume and ready to rumble as Noblesse outlines the plan, pretyt much as we'd decided on already- there's all the high value targets, and I'm pleased to see that I'm assigned to the Casino. That money's going to be hard as gently caress to launder, but if I manage it... it's going to be worth SOME BAAAANK! I grin all the while she sets up the plan, and then nod along to Bull as we break up! "I'll meet you there- here's some ground rules, or guidelines. Make lots of noise, if you think they're about to notice me make even MORE noise, and if you hear something break that you didn't do, make the most noise. Also ,try not to destroy anything that's worth /too/ much money if it's feasible for me to steal it." I grin right at her, punch her in the shoulder, and set off!

===

I perch on the second floor, west wing windowsill of their casino, slowly lifting up a window- the alarm is already disabled, the window already unlocked, and slide in easily enough- this should be awesome. I'll rob the place blind and no one will be the wiser, because they'll be too busy shooting Bull!

Annnnd then as I slide in , I hear a small crash, as a teapot slams to the floor, knocked off the dresser I was climbing over. G, great! "Bull, you better be being a big target right now..."

<Takanago> <NeaPhone> !roll 2d6+2
<Takanago> <Krysmbot> NeaPhone, 4+2 = 6
bull halp with plan plz.
If bull helps, Midnight will mark Afraid.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"There it is, girl. The Golden Castle Casino."

I stand on the rooftops overlooking the casino. God, will ya just look at this thing? It's like a giant medieval castle, except someone decided to paint the whole thing in the most eye-searing gold color, and put neon lights EVERYWHERE. They even dressed their bouncers up in golden armor. It's like the place is practically ASKIN' to be turned to dust!

"Alright, I'm gonna have to go at this alone. Sorry, girl." Gertie pouts at me. Augh, I hate it when she does that. "Aw, come on! I won't be gone for that long! Listen, when I get back, I'll feed you the biggest, juiciest steak I can find." Her face lights up when I mention steak. I rub her head, and say in a gentle voice, "Now, be a good girl and wait here, okay? Mommy's got an ugly building to demolish."

I take out the amulet Noblesse gave me, and carelessly spin it around with one finger. I toss it to my right hand, and then back to my left. Heh, she'd probably have a heart-attack if she saw the way I was treating it. Unfortunately, I can't let anything bad happen to it... yet. Not until the job is done. I put on the amulet, and with a brief flash of light, my body changes to look like Pyro-Punchers, complete with that stupid, white-with-red-outlines skintight spandex costume of his. At least it doesn't feel like I'm wearing spandex, thank Christ. I turn to Gertie, who looks a little shocked by the change, and say, "SO WHAT DO YOU-" I cover my mouth with my hands. Oh gently caress. I even have his stupid over-dramatic voice! Couldn't Noblesse have picked a hero who's voice wasn't constantly dialed up to 11?

Ugh, whatever. Embarrassing costume or not, I have a lot of pent-up aggression after today, and I think it's time to let it all out.

I take a few steps back, and lock my sights on the golden eyesore in front of me. I sprint forward, and take a running leap, propelling myself straight into the casino. I crash straight through the walls, like they were made of paper, and land somewhere in the middle of the sprawling casino. Okay, now what would Pyro-Puncher say in a situation like this? I think it was something like, "STEPANYCHEVS! YOUR EVIL DEEDS HAVE GONE UNPUNISHED FOR FAR TOO LONG! YOU HAVE TOYED WITH THIS FAIR CITY AND IT'S PEOPLE LONG ENOUGH!" Oh my God just kill me now, "I WILL GIVE YOU ONE CHANCE, AND ONE CHANCE ONLY! REPENT, GIVE UP YOUR EVIL WAYS, OR ELSE FACE," I do a few jabs, while my fists are coated in flames, "THE FLAMES," I cross my arms above my head in an X-formation, "OF JUSTICE!!!" I uncross my arms, and time it so my body erupts into a pillar of flames as soon as I yell out justice.

Annnd of course they start opening fire on me. The fire around me causes the bullets to melt before they could even touch my skin. Not like it matters, even if I wasn't surrounding myself in fire, it's not like regular-old bullets can do anything to me anyways. "I SEE, SO THAT IS YOUR ANSWER!? DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED ONCE AGAIN! IF FORCE IS ALL YOU UNDERSTAND, THEN LET ME SHOW A FORCE GREATER THAN YOURS! A FORCE, POWERED BY THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE PEOPLE!" Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. "METEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOR CRAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSH!!!!" I charge through like, well, a flaming meteor, crashing through as many slot machines and goons as I can. I stop by a giant, golden statue of Rovshan Stepanychev, who I think is the head of the Stepanychev family. Jesus gently caress, what is it with self-important jerks making golden statues of themselves? Where's MY golden statue, huh!?

...Actually, I think I might have a use for this thing.

I grab onto the base of the statue, and with a little bit of effort, lift the thing straight up. I yell out, "JUSTICE SWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!" and swing the statue around in a wide arc, like an oversized baseball bat, knocking everything in my way, with a huge smile on my face.

Okay, I was wrong. This is actually really fun!

Using a Plan up to help Midnight Devil by creating a whole bunch of chaos, giving Midnight Devil enough time to slip by unnoticed.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Distracting the whole room with THE FLAMES OF JUSTICE
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9 = 9
Choosing to confuse them for some time.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 30, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

If Medusa had brought her phone along, she would have checked the time again, for the dozenth time. When your job is to jump off and elbow a car though you don't bring anything you don't mind being broken. Maybe there needs to be a cheap rear end watch or something that only comes out on missions where everything is going to break. And a costume to wear that holds up through all the fighting that would kill normal people ten times over, that would be sweet. Just clothes get torn up like crazy and leather gets torn the hell up with knives and guns and fire and superpowers and jumping on top of moving cars to smash the engine block. Still though, where the heck was Noblesse already.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 30, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Seemingly out of nowhere, Noblesse appears! (Perhaps she even waited for you to complain first, who knows...)

"I must apologize for the delay. I had to deal with out intellectually challenged friend for a moment." she explains. "So, what did you have in mind, exactly?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Somehow it isn't surprising that Noblesse appears out of nowhere. Between her flair for the dramatic and that magic crap it would have been more of a surprise if she just walked up normally.

"Took you long enough." Medusa sighs. "And you know calling those idiots stupid right to their faces is only going to make getting anything done a bigger pain in the rear end, yeah?" She sighs a second time, almost waving off any hope of it getting through to Noblesse. "Whatever. Just look down there, Veronica." Medusa steps up to the edge of the overpass, pointing at the busy throughway under them. "Any goons driving to the casino as backup pretty much have to come this way. I looked it up on the internet maps app. So you just need to, you know, illusion magic up a truck crash or whatever so the convoy gets stopped dead right under us." Next Medusa points to herself. "Then I just elbow drop on them and keep them busy until Bull and Devil are done. Right?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Simple but effective. I like it. I always knew I could trust on you to be competent, Andi. Should be easy enough to do..." Noblesse replies, chanting a few magic words. A strange tingling sense and a visual effect much like a heat shimmer later, a crashed truck conveniently placed just below the overpass now 'decorates' the street.

"Aaand, done. Enjoy the upcoming punchout. I'll throw a shadow bolt or two into the fray from the vantage point up here." she continues.

14:55 Yamifenrir Distracting goons via Illusion
14:55 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
14:55 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 6+2 = 8

Choosing: You get an opportunity.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

The snakes on Medusa's head seem to shake their own heads in unison. "Villains seem to, like, be in loving love with points of failure on their plans. Short and simple and nothing can go wrong." With a smile, knowing that she totally hadn't jinxed herself or Noblesse at all, Medusa peers at the illusion dropped over the road. "Wow. Competent, huh? See you still know how to make a girl blush." She snarks, watching the traffic back up. "Man, can you imagine how bad I woulda freaked out if I knew you could do this poo poo back before I got cursed?" Medusa can't help but laugh. "Brain would've just about exploded."

Medusa takes a few steps back. "Alright." She crosses herself, bobbing down to touch the ground in the process. "If you wanna shadow bolt any idiots who try an' run away, that'd help." Her racing leathers gets unzipped just enough so Medusa could reach in and grab her Orthodox cross pendant to kiss. With her short run-up, Medusa breaks into a sprint and fearlessly launches herself off the overpass.

Robodog: okay apparently i need to roll the execute plan thing!!! with out 1 plan left!!! go go snake eyes
[01:20am] Robodog: !r 2d6+1
[01:20am] Krysmbot: Robodog, 4+1 = 5
[01:20am] Robodog: loving called it

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Sapphire-6

You receive reports back from your Backup Dancers that the packages have been set in place. At the designated times, they start going off as planned. You can even hear a few of the explosions from where you are.

A short while afterward, you get more reports. It looks like your stunt has caused a little panic, just as expected. Civilians are being evacuated from any place where your packages have been found, and the police is scrambling to secure perimeters around the ones that are still left. A few photos of your flyers start appearing on social media. In a little while they'll be all over the news and internet, sparking the usual arguments about "robo-terrorism" again.

This whole thing should probably keep the police and the bomb squads busy for a while, but knowing FALCON it will probably take more than this to keep them busy for the night. What's your next step?

Shodan

Hacking into the FALCON emergency system is too easy. When was the last time they even updated their software? And what idiot did they put in charge of their system security settings? It's got more vulnerabilities than you can count. So why not mess with them a little bit more?

Your taunting definitely manages to get somebody's attention. Whoever is currently operating the machine to which you've connected seems to be currently scrambling around trying to stop you. They're looking around the control panel and the system settings trying to look for a way to close your connection.

While you're in there, you notice the emergency notice board light up more than you'd expect. There's a bunch of reports of "suspected robo-terrorist bombings" coming in from around the city. A lot of explosions and suspicious packages in public spaces, with some photos of Robo-Abolitionist propaganda found at the scenes. No reported deaths, or serious injuries so far. It's enough to put the police on higher alert... but you know it's still not enough to keep FALCON busy when things really get out of hand.

What's the next step in your master plan?

Midnight Devil

Crash! The ceramic teapot hits the floor and makes an unpleasant sight and an unsightly mess. Good thing you don't have to clean it up! Bad thing you're on a stealth mission.

"Huh? What was that noise?" You hear a voice from outside the room ask, with the perfect, slightly clueless intonation you might expect from a random henchperson. And then you hear them take a few steps towards the door, and...

"HEY!" Another voice yells. "SOMETHING'S GOING ON IN THE CASINO! GET MOVING!"

Then there's a flurry of footsteps away from you. Whew.

When you look out into the hallway, the coast seems clear. You're free to run around the back hallways of the Stepanychev casino without getting noticed... for now. So where do you go?

edit: I totally didn't notice that your last roll was an Execute Plan, so feel free to describe everything up to getting that sweet casino loot. The "Rob the Casino" plank has been accomplished!

Wild Bull

"HEY! Who do you think you're-" A nameless goon rushes forward and tries to stop you, but gets knocked out by the statue. And then a couple more try the same thing, rushing ahead one at a time. The same thing happens to them.

A bunch of other goons dive for cover. Some of them fire ineffectually at you, while others just seem to... hide? Apart from them, there's not many people around anymore. Most of the casino patrons seem to have already cleared out. Which was probably a smart move on their part, since already this place is starting to look like a ruined war zone. And the fighting's just started!

The gunfire suddenly stops when another wave of henchmen and henchwomen show up on the second floor balcony. At the center of them all is an elegantly-dressed woman standing on the balcony's handrail. You recognize her as Lilia the Graceful, one of the Stepyanchev family's lieutenants.

"Who are you? FALCON? Or just some vigilante?" She twirls her knives in her hands, and looks you over carefully. "Do you even realize how much trouble you are causing? Or are you dumb enough to think that 'justice' means smashing up a private business?"

"I'm going to give you one chance, before you ruin everything for everybody. Get out, and we'll pretend this never happened. Or you can stay and face the consequences. Your choice."

Medusa & Noblesse

Right on time, there's a group of black cars and SUVs speeding down the highway towards the casino. They all suddenly slam on their brakes and stop when they get to the "wreckage" blocking their path. And that's when you strike.

SMASH! Medusa comes crashing down upon the lead car, which crumples impressively and makes some real unpleasant noises. It definitely doesn't sound like it's going to drive anywhere any time soon. Meanwhile, the cars in the rear of the convoy suddenly start to reverse and try to get away while they still seem to have a chance.

Well, except one. One of them drives forward instead, and smashes right into the back of the lead car with enough force to send it sliding forward. And then that driver throws open their door and climbs out. It's Violet Blade, one of the family's enforcers.

"Oh."The purple-haired woman stares at Medusa with disdain. "Another freak giving us trouble? Joy. So what, you gonna try to bite me and make me one of you?"

She holds her sword out in front of her, and shifts her legs into a combat-ready stance. "Come on. You wanna go? Let's go."

What do you do?

Takanago fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 31, 2016

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Curses!: 1/5 | Infamy: 0/3 | Conditions: Angry

There is a sense of serenity in free fall. The rushing wind is so loud you can't hear anything, you feel weightless in flight, and nothing is going to touch you before the ground. For those brief moments, you are truely alone and surrounded by nothing. And the second before a fight is started, there is a moment or two of pure quiet. The calm before the storm. For those few seconds that Medusa had before she connected with the car, she was at peace like she hadn't been for weeks now.

That peace is broken more than the car when Medusa lands her elbow drop upon the poor vehicle. And not just by the sound of steel bending and glass shattering and engine blocks cracking either.

"Bullseye, motherfucker!" A triumphant Medusa cheers, thoroughly embedded into the bonnet of the leading car but not letting that dampen her spirits one bit. For maybe the first time since Noblesse had met up with her again, Andi actually sounds excited. Must be the adrenaline. The sound of a car crashing covered the noise of bones breaking, but now that the car was dead there was little to cover up the sound as Medusa hauls herself up off the bonnet. Blood and green skin are left behind, shards of bone littering the scene behind her as she gets up. Her leading arm is limp, bone is exposed and poking out at the elbow, blood is drenching her side, and on her face is the biggest smile you've ever seen. It almost looks like her snake hair is smiling along with her.

The car is jostled out of nowhere when the rear car speeds up and rams it. Medusa doesn't have her footing, and the sudden jolt sends her rolling off the front and onto the road. If she landed on broken glass or metal shards, she doesn't let it show. When she pokes her head up again, she sees the dye job who just knocked her over. Some enforcer for the Stepanychev's. This was good news, if she was here then none of these tough pieces of poo poo were making it to the casino. It was all going to plan.

"Oh, you have a sword. Cute, honey. Real cute." Medusa smirks as she grabs the broken car with her good arm, hauling herself up to her feet. They were mildly broken before, the leather was all torn up, but now were as good as new. "Because that's really going to stop me when People Elbowing your car didn't." Just to reaffirm her statement, Medusa grabs her limp arm with her good arm and yanks it hard. It looks about three inches more than dislocated, but with a hard shove Medusa jams it back into her shoulder. It crunches and Medusa shows a slight wince, but she rolls her shoulders twice and her arm looks to work just like new again. Now with both arms working, Medusa laces her fingers and pounds herself in the chest. A snap echoes out from her ribs breaking back into place. The bleeding had stopped too, it was only a minute since Violet Blade approached Medusa and the villain was just as healthy as she was before she jumped off the overpass.

"I'm not just another freak, darling." Medusa smiles, now starting to walk towards Violent Blade. Her green, scaled skin glints in the lights overhead. "I'm the worst freak you've ever laid your eyes on. I'm the freak that makes you wet the bed at night in terror. I'm a god drat living nightmare." While Medusa smiles, her hair rises up and hisses at the paid lackey. A few even slash out and snap, though they are too far away to reach the goon just yet. "And I'm not going to bite you. Don't get me wrong, sugartits, come at me with that bread knife of yours and I'll gut you like a fish. But I won't bite. You know why? Because you don't deserve to have what I do. I am strong. I can't be stopped. But you, hun? You are pathetic and weak and you work alongside cowards. The only thing you're good enough for is a shallow loving grave." Medusa's smile widens, revealing sharp teeth that put her snake hair to shame.

□ New Face of Fear
When you frighten, intimidate, or terrify others with your monstrous appearance and demeanour, roll +Danger. On a hit, they choose to make themselves vulnerable to you, or to flee. On a 7-9, choose two.
- You harden the resolve of someone else to stop you, and will pay for it later.
- You mark a condition. (medusa got mad)

[1:15pm] Robodog: lets try new face of fear!
[1:15pm] Robodog: !r 2d6+2
[1:15pm] Krysmbot: Robodog, 7+2 = 9
[1:19pm] Trickier joined the chat room.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 1, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

A bunch of shadowy mass combines into the form of Noblesse, right next to Violet Blade. She pats her right on the shoulder.

"Now, now, handsome. You really shouldn't insult invincible people like that. They have this tendency to remember slights for waaaay too long." Noblesse quips, pacing around Violet Blade. "Not to mention, she's one of my best friends. But it's not like I told you that beforehand, so I'll forgive you... this time."

Black fire engulfs the street, although given the speed of it it's likely to be fake - not that the panicked drivers would be able to tell the difference. Noblesse gestures towards the cars. "Since you asked so nicely, I've decided to grant you to your request - especially since you even were so nice and lured all these goons here personally! That was even better than expected, really." she adds.

She then extends her hand to Violet Blade, waiting for a handshake before continuing. "I, for one, am glad to have someone as beautiful and deadly both on my side. Welcome to the family, Violet Blade! Now let's go give these fools a nice send-off, shall we? Can't let them interfere with that FALCON raid after all..."

Yamifenrir Noblesse gloats about her master plan!
14:42 Yamifenrir !roll 2d6+2
14:42 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 8+2 = 10
14:42 Yamifenrir hahahaha yessssss

Violet Blade is no longer a threat.

14:46 Yamifenrir let's get greedy and flirt with Violet Blade as well! (Dame to kill for)
14:47 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+2
14:47 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 9+2 = 11

Taking Influence on Violet Blade!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 1, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I have to practically stop myself from laughing. They're like a bunch a' lemmings running head-first into a steel wall! Haha, Look at 'em! Look at how desperate they are! Yea, sure, just keep shooting me with bullets, cuz that's been working out so well for you all so far! How the hell did these jokers ever last this long?

I look up at the little gathering they're having on the second floor balcony. Looks like they finally decided to bring out the big guns. Wonder who'll it be? I hope it's Lemmy the Shark, that guy's a real rear end in a top hat, and I've been meaning to pay him back for cheating me on that poker game. I don't care what he says, there's no way someone can win that many times without something being up!

Alright, whoever you are, come on out so I can smash your ugly little face i-

...L-Lilia?

Of all the people, it had to be Lilia? The only person from their gang that I actually like?

"I- UM..." Agh, I can't lose my nerves now! Remember, Bull, you still have a job to do. I clear my throat, and pound my chest with my free arm, "MY NAME IS PYRO-PUNCHER, PROUD MEMBER OF FALCON! I KNOW OF YOUR PLANS TO TAKE OVER THIS CITY, AND I AM HERE TO PUT A STOP TO THEM! AS WE SPEAK, MORE OF FALCON'S JUSTICE FORCE IS COMING TO END YOUR REIGN OF TERROR! THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE GIVING UP NOW..." I stretch out my arm, and point dramatically at her, "ARE THOSE WITH BLACKENED HEARTS, LIKE YOU!"

I grab hold of the statue, and start spinning around with it, "JUSTIIICCCCCCCCCCCE..." I spin, round and round, gradually increasing my speed with every swing, and once I've gained enough momentum, I toss the statue right at them, while yelling out, "FLYINGGOLDENSTATUESOMETHINGSOMETHINGJUSTICEORWHATEVERATTACK!!!" and watch as the statue rockets straight towards them, until it crashes into the balcony, destroying it, and sending all the mooks up there flying away.

Sorry, Lilia. Next time we meet, I'm the one buying the drinks.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Bull's going to engage the heck out of Lilia
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9+2 = 11

• resist or avoid their blows
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I hate to admit it, but I may have underestimate Sapphire-6's utility a little bit. Having someone to go do the boring social engineering parts of this job sounds pretty great - between her and the robots and other machines I'm steadily manufacturing at my lab, I may be able to bring the world to its knees without having to leave the comfort of my bedroom! Talk about ideal! Then again, while I did my end of the job, she did hers... and then some. Hmm, robot abolitionist literature being distributed in addition to bombings - does that sound like someone I know? Someone I'm like, ten feet away from?

Not bothering to look up from my work playing extremely competent cat to this lovely sysadmin's mouse (seriously he's looking around in the CONTROL PANEL, I'd die laughing if it wasn't so pathetic), I offer a pretty frank appraisal of what she's done, bored throughout the whole thing. "Heh, seems like you got their attention, but we should probably up our game. Gonna hand out flyers everytime you pull a stunt? Maybe add lasers this time, people give a bigger poo poo about them than they do bombs."

I've already formulated a comeback if she asks me if it's necessary for me to taunt people during our missions - big fat yes, by the way, I do have to do that because it's practically the point of the practical side of this bizarre occupation - but I'd rather keep giving this poor admin a first hand lesson in what it's like to go up against a world class supergenius, aka loving up his poo poo grievously. "Anyways, compromising their Emergency System, this is too loving easy, I ALMOST feel bad for whoever I'm 'matching wits' with." Oh yeah I take two point seven (thanks brain for keeping track) seconds to turn towards her and do airquotes. "Bout to make 'em poo poo them self, watch this."

Sudden command prompt in the middle of their screen from S̃ͪ͂͊̃̾͑ͨͫͮ͢҉̧͖͖̝͓̳̳͍̜̦͍̹̩̼̲̠͙̞ḩ̨̞̭̭̫͖̻̝̟̫ͧ̓ͭͫ͒̒ͫ̏ͮ̊̌ͥ̈́o̡̨̜̗̹̰̲̞͚̙͎̹̫͉̒̎̍̌͊͋̂̍̍̿͌͛ͥ̌͛͜͞͡dͨ͆ͤ͌ͤ̋̏ͣ͂̀̿̐̑̃̄͢͏̹̲͙͎͇́ḁ̷̶̷̠͍̙̟̗̥̩ͤͤ̅̓ͯ̉̎̈́̔ͬ̇̊͒͛̊ͧ͒̚̕n̞̺̘̩̘͕̲͎͔͚̱̖͎̭̆ͦ͒ͧͤ͌̇̽̈̾̎͌͞ posted:

Ḽ̜̣̮̪ͅo̶̭̟̖̥o̶̤͕k̙̹̀ ̤̰̞͇͓̀aţ͓͔̳̫͇̘͕ ͎̹̭̤̣̜́y̝̥͍̫̲̝̯o̪͓͍u̖̟͙ Ạ̠̙ḓ͔m͏̩̫͙i̤̤͙̬̪͙͕n̦̭̲̱̤̲
͇̬A͕̼̭͓ͅn̘̙̥̺̝̳ ̧̘̖͖̼̫̭a̢̝͍͉̹̱̮b͙̪̦̤͈̦s͚͖͖̞̳̤̼o͔̙̤͙̲l̛̤̺ų̪͓t̮͘e̹̮͍̣͕͈l҉͙͔y͜ ̶̠̘͍̞̭ͅp̦̻̳̀a̖͓͔̮t̨̠̝͚h͕̭̣̭̘̱́ę̦͕͇̥̟t̤͕̗̙͠i͚̭̙c҉͔̤̠̲̞ ̵͚̯̫̠̦̤e̱̞̹̙͎̞x̻̞͙c͕̣͘ù̠̭͇͙̱̲͇s̫e̷̲͍͈͇ ̪̼̘̪͝fo̥̦͜ͅr҉̰̺̣̮̘͇ ̼̠̞͔̕a̷͖͍̞ ̧̺̬̻̱w͚͇̞͙͠h̥̻̺̕ͅi͈͈̕t̡̻͚͚͓͕̙e̛̘̹̘͙h͎̭̰̖͓̼̲a̺͖̖t̨̬̜
͏̻͙Y͉̰͞oư̖͕̳̰'͘v̙͝ȩ̱̳̖̝ ̗̺̦̙m̨̹a̻̹d͉̙̼e̩̺͚̞̯̞͚ ̸̘͙t̗͇̭̮h̰̠͘i̝͚̰͝s̢̫ s̨̫̳͕̠o̧̝̩ ̖̘̪͖i̙̪̱̬̠n͇͓̗ͅc̤̻̘͍̦̻r̟͘e̟̤̰̱̙d̷̝͇̺̝̞̪ib̸͓l̦̥͠y ̩͘b̤òr̡̲̜̪͕i̸͕͚n̰̪̘͚̲͠g̞̰̤͠ ̧f͙̝̖̖̥̭o̤̯̟̣̹̝r̷̞̖̖̲ ̩͖͈͕͘m̮̭͕̻͔̘͖e̲͖̥̠ ̳͎Ḑ͕͓̮̫͔͚͈:̢͙̺̗͖̪̫
͉̣̼̼S̡o̼̤͎ ̬̦̼̗̝h̡͍̭̰er̯̮̤e̱͉̟'͔̲s̩̬ ̤w͔̟͜ha͓͓̰̠͓͖̯͢t́ ͍̞͎̲̩̲I̼͕͍̘'̝̲̯m͟ ̛̩̗̥͖̞̗ͅg̜͍̟̘̕o̠̦̯nn͏̝͚̤a̡ ̗͔̬̻̫͉̘ḓ̥̬o̳̺̦͙͈̹̣~̙̤
͓͡Y̶o̷̮ư̹͇̯̗̳ͅ ̧͖̝̺̟͖ͅͅh̹̜̫͎a̜͔v̫̘͕͞e͔͉̰͕͝ ͕̕f͖̞̩i͖͖̰̝̳͜v̠̜̻̻̲̯͘e͈̼͙̹̝̖͕ ̞̦̫̝m̳͠o̖̬͕̮̜̼͞v̩̕e̩̩͈͎̯͔̹s̩̣̩̤̥͍͟, ̻̥͈o͚̘̙r̀ f̻̮̬͉̦͙i̤̬̩̫̝̩͜vȩ̘͓̺̦̭͚ ͏̩͍̹͙͕m͈͉̲̦͇̭̦i̶̜̘n͚̣͝u̡̥̩̙̪̼t͇̣̫͎̞̞̤ḛ̥̜s,̗̼̣̬̺̝̹ ͙͖̭̕w̧͖̳̹̤͈͚h̤̖͟i̩̣̼̠͕c̮̠̦̼͞h̺̖̠v̛̮e̸̹r̗̱̟̖͟'̣̮ͅs̷̜̱̳ ̸͉̻͉͔ͅl̤̮̥̱e̙s̤̼̟̤̙͎̺͘s͉̘̥̮͖̮̞ ̨̯^͔̣_̮͓͉̻^͖̼̺̗̹
A̱͖̳f͈̭ṱ̵̞͓̥͇͖̼e̠͎̲̖̱̙r̮͓͙̯ͅ ͍̖̥͎t̤̪̪ͅh̯̤̮̱̹͢a̩̙͞t̴̗͎͇ l̝͓̗͓͖͘o̧͍͚l ͙̻̫̹y̯o̠͞ͅͅu̖ ͎̭͔͓͙ͅg͓̩̹͡o̝͔̟̲̫̮n̛n̛͎a͈̝͉̭ ̱̪̘g͙̱̠̩̻e̶̥t҉̗̟͈͖͚̤ ͍̠͓͈̲ṛ̬͕̯̞̟͠ḛ̬͢k̻̤̳t̰̰̟͇̭͎̳
̹̯̺I̢͓̥̲̲̭̙ͅ'̵͕̫̭̪̪m̧̜ ̘̭̫̬w̞̣̣͈a͙̟̟̖̬t̬̮̜c̘hi̪͎n̶̗g̲̪͇͉ ͉̘̤͈̳͉͈a̭͖̺n͕d͓̦ ͔̲̼̖͓̣͍c̘o͏̱͕̠̙̱͚u̧̞̮̼n̲t̹͍͔̝̮̤͉ị̰̬̰͈͈ͅn̨g͙͓̞͍̞͉̹ ̝̖̪̩ͅs͍̥̥̟͢o̧̗̜͈̜̣͕ ̡̱̙̲̗͉n͎̗̜̖̰̟o̻̭̠̮͖͉͚ ̗͈t̸̼̠̣̼̪r̛̜yi͉͚̘̟͜n̪͍̝̗͞g̬͉̮̜̳̜ ̝̣͚̫t͔͝o͇̩ ̯̲̦ć̘̩̝̖͚̞̟h̤̦̝̤͇é̮̪̬͖a̜̮̬̙̘̻͟t̬̲̭͍̟̪͕

Now I just gotta watch and see what they try and defend in their panic, then go after that. Pretty much like sending someone into their house to retrieve their valuables while you start to burn it down, then robbing 'em on the way out. Efficient and clever and underhanded and accomplished from the comfort of my chair, aka perfect.

<Rauri> Shodan Pierce the Sysadmin's Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9
What weakness are you hiding?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Curses: 1/5 Infamy 0

SO MANY THINGS! I happily run through the Casino, sliding along and grabbing everything I can see. There's a room entirely filled with just poo poo people put in as collatteral and lost- lots of watches, jewelry, ecetera. A lot harder to liquidate for sure, but I know a guy or three, yanno? And then there's the /vault/. Thing's at least as tall as I am, and locked with a dual-key setup. Luckily, in all the panicking, I was able to grab two keys from some of the managers as I slipped by in my disguise- and I've got just the tool for this. It's a long pole that bends at two ends- the middle extends, and each end has a slot for a key. I just have to put both keys in, extend it to the right distance, and turn the switch right in the middle- and I easily unlock the vault. It's a piece of cake, honestly. And with that, I've got access to all their money! Dollar signs flash in my eyes as I look across the place- they've got oodles of cash, safety deposit boxes, and a whole lot of fun poo poo! There's a cut to the outside of the vault, and three panels in a row- each displaying me throwing stuff I don't want out of the room- starting out with some smaller items and lovely jewelry, then money with dye packs in it, and then finally escalating to the ludicrous- an empty safe, a dog- and then I exit, a massive bag slung over my shoulder. And then there we have it- I've done it! I'm a loving master thief with a haul worth who knows how much! Because IIIII aaaaam the bestest.
Stolen from someone you shouldn't- procced! Getting one Curses. This action will have consequences.

I'm just about to run the gently caress away when I notice all that commotion in the foyer is STILL GOING. gently caress gently caress gently caress, I thought that Bull would have gotten out by now! I thought it would be over- goddamnit, we can't hit the next place without her! We've still got a bunch of poo poo to be doing- until they own those guards over there, we're still in danger of having reinforcements fall over here- so stickign around to let them fight it out isn't an option. I wait for all the statue throwing to be over, and then rush over to Lillia, offering her a hand- since I'm already in roughly one of their uniforms, this should work... "Boss! We don't have time for this- FALCON's hitting Benny's across town! This place is already trashed, we gotta do damage control!" Benny's is one of their front operations- a pizza joint they use to launder money. It's actually got pretty good pizza, too. I shake her shoulder a bit, helping her stand up- and really, really hoping she doesn't see through my lies. "We gotta loving GO!"

<Nea_> Distract Lillia
<Nea_> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea_, 5+3 = 8

- You get an opportunity.
- You redirect their attention to someone else.

- You confuse them for some time.
- You avoid immediate retaliation for this.

Cooking up a scheme with Trouble to try to distract the off all of this poo poo and get them running on a wild goose chase.
<Nea_> Cooking up a scheme by lying my rear end off
<Nea_> With Trouble
<Nea_> !roll 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Nea_, 10+3 = 13
Added a plan to the pool.

• Locked thread