Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I go to my local chinese food place about 2-3 times a week, I'm pretty good friends with the owner. Yesterday I went in for lunch and the owner was acting really weird and standoffish while usually we're on pretty good terms. I asked him what was wrong and eventually he told me to "leave and never come back". I pushed him a little more while I was waiting for my order because he seemed nervous or guilty and he told me that the Chinese mafia in the area have been putting the squeeze or w/e on local businesses and to intimidate them they left a cake outside the shop overnight. Inside the cake was a scroll with a list of all the store's most frequent customers' full names and addresses, and I was near the top of the list.

I am seriously freaking the gently caress out right now and I have no idea what to even do or what my recourse is. I'm a non-violent person and I've never owned any guns but I'm really close to picking up a rifle at Wal-Mart and taking vacation time from work to lay low for a few weeks. Should I go to the police? What could they even do? I'm loving terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Personally, I'd get the hunan chicken.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
How do you know the cake was meant to intimidate? Maybe they were just congratulating them on their success and wanted them to share the cake with you.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I had some general tsos today, so I'm totally on the same wave length

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Make a thread when you've made a greatest hits list.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sleep with the head of the Chinese mafia's girlfriend.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Alternatively, just sleep with the head of the Chinese mafia.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
contact the Yakuza and start a gang war

take control of the survivors and build your empire

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0BD2eWIww&t=63s

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

this is the owner's polite way of telling you to please make healthier food choices

he appreciates your constant business but at this point he's feeling less like a restaurateur and more like someone providing assisted suicide

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Better call Pei Mei.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Kill every Asian you see

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Start by eating small amounts of lead now, you know, to build up tolerance for larger amounts to come soon

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ancient Chinese secret to get rid of smelly customers.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

local chinese food put me on the poo poo list

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

R-Type posted:

Start by eating small amounts of lead now, you know, to build up tolerance for larger amounts to come soon

lol

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Loden Taylor posted:

this is the owner's polite way of telling you to please make healthier food choices

he appreciates your constant business but at this point he's feeling less like a restaurateur and more like someone providing assisted suicide

yeah i think he was just calling you fat op

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

Ancient Chinese secret to get rid of smelly customers.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I am trurey sorry for your rots

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tell him to pay his protection money

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

R-Type posted:

is no use, he's up against the Chinese mafia. they are already immune from a life in china

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Why would they know your name and address though OP? Something smells fishy here, and it's not just the Sushi

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If the chinese mafia was trying to squeeze them for money wouldn't they want the restaurants best customers to keep going there so they make more money for them to extort? where do you live op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I go to my local chinese food place about 2-3 times a week, I'm pretty good friends with the owner. Yesterday I went in for lunch and the owner was acting really weird and standoffish while usually we're on pretty good terms. I asked him what was wrong and eventually he told me to "leave and never come back". I pushed him a little more while I was waiting for my order because he seemed nervous or guilty and he told me that the Chinese mafia in the area have been putting the squeeze or w/e on local businesses and to intimidate them they left a cake outside the shop overnight. Inside the cake was a scroll with a list of all the store's most frequent customers' full names and addresses, and I was near the top of the list.

I am seriously freaking the gently caress out right now and I have no idea what to even do or what my recourse is. I'm a non-violent person and I've never owned any guns but I'm really close to picking up a rifle at Wal-Mart and taking vacation time from work to lay low for a few weeks. Should I go to the police? What could they even do? I'm loving terrified.

i can teach you karate op. you have to pay me your life savings

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Op here are some ancient Chinese proverbs. They may help yo in your time of need
https://www.sonoma.edu/users/d/daniels/chinaproverbs.html

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

What kind of cake was it?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if it was a real threat it would have been a bell

- source kung fu hustle

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'd say run away, but good lord you must be fat

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Just in case they do come after you, leave a pile of doughnut holes on your doorstep. It will surely intimidate them into leaving you alone. Doughnut holes are much more intimidating than a cake.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

op are you sure it's not the restaurant trying to scare you away so you stop eating all their food at the all-you-can-eat buffet?

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
Why the gently caress is the Chinese Mafia (TM) present in a place where you can buy a gun from Wal-Mart? This geographic location does not seem to make sense.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yea i dont know about this story
im pretty sure theyre just tired of you

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
Let me get this straight. This 'mafia' is trying to collect money from the owner for possibly a loan or something, who knows; so they think their best bet in getting their money is by scaring away the dude's source of income? And from what everybody already knows, a very large source of income. If they want the money from this guy, they're doing it poorly, and if they've already basically given up and decided they're just going to kill this man.... they're doing it poorly.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

do you always order the $5.99 special or something

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Call the Yakuza and tell them theres a rival gang on their terf

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Jesus Christ that's a lot of Chinese food. Maybe they're worried about your health.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ProfessorMurder posted:

Just in case they do come after you, leave a pile of doughnut holes on your doorstep. It will surely intimidate them into leaving you alone. Doughnut holes are much more intimidating than a cake.

Leave a pile of fortune cookies with notes inside saying "Trapped in Fortune Cookie Factory...because I'm fat and can't fit through the door" and they'll laugh and not kill you

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Fallows posted:

Call the Yakuza and tell them theres a rival gang on their terf

someone gimme the yakuza phone number i want to prank them

something about pee pee in their cokes

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Ask yourself, what would Jack Bauer do??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

spend years perfecting your mantis style to defeat their monkey style

• Locked thread