Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was this spot where they leave dead nuisance animals for the buzzards but the two most recent additions were down to the maggot stage and boy, were those maggots going nuts.

vvvv The pictures are down there. vvvv I wanted to post them inline because you knew what you were getting into when you clicked on this thread.

Oh yeah :nms: and poo poo

Here they are. This was a coyote:

and this was a boar. This is its eye socket.

I hope you enjoyed these photographs of maggots going to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chaos reigns.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
While I appreciate the thought and care you showed by making the pictures below, perhaps you should continue to show such care by killing yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The miracle of Nature.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I feel the picture of the coyote is trying to tell us something important.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey OP! It's not as popular as it ought to be, but we have a very good photography subforum. So if you like to take pictures, check it out.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Maggots are actually p chill. Modern medicine uses then to keep wounds free of dead tissue. You get a shorter recovery time and they get a free meal! Win-win

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Nature is awful, the sooner we can all upload our consciousness to the digital singularity the better. I want to leave this gross bag of flesh behind.

Dead coyotes make me sad because they remind me of dogs and dogs are the only good thing about this entire miserable planet

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey OP! It's not as popular as it ought to be, but we have a very good photography subforum. So if you like to take pictures, check it out.

I think they would be more focused on the photography than the philosophical weight of the maggots, though. If I want to share photography for photography's sake I'll be sure to go there for it, though.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Have Blue posted:

Maggots are actually p chill. Modern medicine uses then to keep wounds free of dead tissue. You get a shorter recovery time and they get a free meal! Win-win

It was neat how even they were constantly moving around and falling off of the top part, the overall shape of the maggot mass never really changed at all. It was like getting to see the cells of an organ at work, all individually plinking away at some great task and coalescing into a larger, functional structure.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Thanks for these. I'll add them to the folder of pictures you specifically have posted on these forums.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
This is gross as hell but also really cool

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Those are some really good pictures of maggots OP.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also got to scare the living poo poo out of my sister when I just found a goat skull on the ground in the middle of nowhere a mile away from this. I just held it behind her and waited for her to turn around. It was beautiful.

The grass all around the dead animal spot was thick and green and lush, even though it was the middle of December. Also full of bones.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

The grass all around the dead animal spot was thick and green and lush, even though it was the middle of December. Also full of bones.

That goat didn't die, it entered the road to awe.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Did you find any human remains yet

Sounds like it would be a popular dropoff spot for the mafia

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Huh, I've never seen that. I guess the heat from decomposition was enough to keep the grass lively?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maggots clean the garbage up so we don't end up with a bunch of rottin meat everywhere

tehy are doing gods work

those drat maggots are heroes

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Zzulu posted:

Maggots clean the garbage up so we don't end up with a bunch of rottin meat everywhere

tehy are doing gods work

those drat maggots are heroes

I lol'd but then it's also true. Makes u think

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
roadkill photography exhibits have been a thing since plate glass negatives but I can see you've cast this in a new light

yup, new

light

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chlamyllionaire posted:

roadkill photogra
yup, new

light

You know, I've never seen maggots on roadkill. When I see a dead cat in a gutter or a dead bird on a sidewalk or a dead guy slumped against the dumpster at the Stripes by my work there's never been maggots. If any insects are eating at them, it's always been ants. Something that looks like ants, at least.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

When you claimed the maggots were "going to town", I was led to believe there would be pictures of maggots loving. There is no maggot secks, therefore, this thread didn't deliver.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thank you! These are good pictures of maggots. Maggots are helpful and they are doing their job.

When humans get myiasis, it's usually the result of some pretty crazy stuff going on. Living oral myiasis is not unheard of. Maggots will go where they are invited... with dead flesh!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

edit: wrong thread

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fuckstick posted:

When you claimed the maggots were "going to town", I was led to believe there would be pictures of maggots loving. There is no maggot secks, therefore, this thread didn't deliver.

Maggots are larval, you creep.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
no maggots coming out the butthole, nature's second most tender meat

voted 1

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Maggots are larval, you creep.

it's ok they're magic maggots that are thousands of years old but just manifest in the body of a one-day old maggot

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Thanks OP

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Thread delivers!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

r u ready to WALK posted:

Nature is awful, the sooner we can all upload our consciousness to the digital singularity the better. I want to leave this gross bag of flesh behind.

Dead coyotes make me sad because they remind me of dogs and dogs are the only good thing about this entire miserable planet

Holy lol at the avatar and wrestling screen name

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vim Fuego posted:

Thread delivers!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
After all the buildup I expected those pics of a guy jerking off with maggots tbh. I liked this better though, you should post some more, and not in that stuffy photography forum, post them here where the average people are so we can all enjoy them.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Maggots are actually kinda good if you're eating them on accident and don't realize you're eating maggots

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Sponge Baathist posted:

Maggots are actually kinda good if you're eating them on accident and don't realize you're eating maggots

What are you eating that has maggots in it?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Maggots are all right but then they turn into flies, which suck. So I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm a huge prick

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Mega64 posted:

Those are some really good pictures of maggots OP.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bismuth posted:

What are you eating that has maggots in it?

Pineapple Swiss rolls from Mexico. Tasted like pina colada.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Sponge Baathist posted:

Pineapple Swiss rolls from Mexico. Tasted like pina colada.

Huh, gross. They probably got overpowered by the pineapple, you should try them on their own some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dr Cheeto posted:

Huh, I've never seen that. I guess the heat from decomposition was enough to keep the grass lively?

Maggots are detritivores and excrete nitrogen (or ammonia) which is converted to usable nitrates by bacteria in the soil for growth

• Locked thread