Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My buddy is an instructor at what I believe is some kind of crossfit gym in the city and he keeps trying to get me to come push tires over and jump over them with him.

I told him, no, gently caress you, I have three dead trees in the woods out back and a few axes why don't you turds come over and chop this poo poo up and push it around and split it up and stack it up for me.

So now he and some others want to drive out to the boonies, chop up all of my dead trees and jump over them or whatever these turd boys do. Chopping wood is solid cardio for sure... I just didn't think anyone would take this request seriously.

I probably should say no because they will certainly cut each others feet off and sue me but I really don't want to go outside for the next few months so maybe I let this happen and have a bonfire after.

Pictured: Some chick that could be lifting a log of wood instead of a stupid barbell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
on the one hand, crossfit is so loving stupid and dangerous from an athletics standpoint

on the other,

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

I probably should say no because they will certainly cut each others feet off and sue me but I really don't want to go outside for the next few months so maybe I let this happen and have a bonfire after.
thats exactly whats gonna happen btw. they'll all do olympic firewood chops for time, with poo poo form, and wind up decapitating each other

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and yeah for real make em sign a waiver or something because i guarantee you one of those chucklefucks will gently caress up with the axe

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
make the axes really dull and then film them to see how long they will wail on a tree before giving up

BAM

cut to title

"CROSSFIT"

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
crossfit is only dangerous because it convinces unathletic and genetically untalented people to do things only real athletes should be doing.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
crossfit is dangerous because it says "LOL WHAT'S FORM?" and then makes people do questionably effective exercises way past the point where it is healthy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
it's the boonies, OP, you might as well shoot them to save time

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

My buddy is an instructor at what I believe is some kind of crossfit gym in the city and he keeps trying to get me to come push tires over and jump over them with him.

I told him, no, gently caress you, I have three dead trees in the woods out back and a few axes why don't you turds come over and chop this poo poo up and push it around and split it up and stack it up for me.

So now he and some others want to drive out to the boonies, chop up all of my dead trees and jump over them or whatever these turd boys do. Chopping wood is solid cardio for sure... I just didn't think anyone would take this request seriously.

Pictured: Some chick that could be lifting a log of wood instead of a stupid barbell

I wanna be her little spoon :3

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

make the axes really dull and then film them to see how long they will wail on a tree before giving up

BAM

cut to title

"CROSSFIT"

poo poo you'll be wacking on those fuckers for a really long time with sharp axes. Everyone that comes here has a weird fascination with chopping wood but they're gassed in 40 seconds every time and come back with blisters all over their hands.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

last time i chopped wood my back nearly gave out and a chunk of wood flew back, hit me in the eye, and give me a proper shiner

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think they'd appreciate the need to do it properly to avoid hurting their backs and/or wrecking anything. But asking them to watch videos and read up on it first couldn't hurt.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Nah, just hand them a bunch of felling axes and tell em to let 'er rip

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

BAM

cut to title

"CROSSFIT"

Seconded

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RandomPauI posted:

I think they'd appreciate the need to do it properly to avoid hurting their backs and/or wrecking anything. But asking them to watch videos and read up on it first couldn't hurt.

yeah but that's exactly why crossfit sucks, because they don't appreciate the need to do it properly to avoid injury whatsoever and it even encourages you to ignore the 'proper way' in favor of 'huge gains bro no risk no reward push it!'

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I wanna be her little spoon :3

Seconded

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you're gonna record this right OP? maybe edit in some heavy metal and sick transitions while "CROSSFIT" flashes across the screen repeatedly.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

on the one hand, crossfit is so loving stupid and dangerous from an athletics standpoint

on the other,

This girl is probably not doing crossfit because she's actually fit and not visibly nursing a self inflicted injury.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I liked the documentary about them competing. I ate some food and drank beer while watching

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

you're gonna record this right OP? maybe edit in some heavy metal and sick transitions while "CROSSFIT" flashes across the screen repeatedly.

If this is what crossfit is sure.

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
I just see a ***** that would feel like 2 flat rocks put together and also she's physically stronger and would know that well-before we were ********

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
EVERY MORNING I PUT ON MY LEG WARMERS AND PALM-SLAP "JANE FONDA JAZZERCISES WITH THE SOLID GOLD DANCERS" INTO MY BETAMAX

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dave_Indeed posted:

poo poo you'll be wacking on those fuckers for a really long time with sharp axes. Everyone that comes here has a weird fascination with chopping wood but they're gassed in 40 seconds every time and come back with blisters all over their hands.

i don't mind chopping wood
and i don't care if the crossfit's no good
take what you need and jump over the rest
they should have never have taken the very best
(free dad gay)

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I had some logs from a construction site that I threw to my buddy. He had some big great idea about chopping them up with axes but I was able to convince him that that idea is dumb as gently caress I just rent a chainsaw. People have some big romantic idea about cutting wood with axes and I do not understand where it comes from

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!
Ive done it. It's hard.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

down n out posted:

Nah, just hand them a bunch of felling axes and tell em to let 'er rip

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

Mozi posted:

(free dad gay)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Let them come chop your wood and then get laid OP. Just try to avoid splinters

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I made a thread once that was like mostly girls like this boy i remember those days it got shut down though cause GBS is mostly fat people

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is the same premise as the Nathan For You episode, The Movement.

Get the gym bunnies to chop your wood for fitness OP

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
that lady can chop my dead wood to bits anytime :mrgw:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lil Peeler posted:

I had some logs from a construction site that I threw to my buddy. He had some big great idea about chopping them up with axes but I was able to convince him that that idea is dumb as gently caress I just rent a chainsaw. People have some big romantic idea about cutting wood with axes and I do not understand where it comes from

I'm pretty sure it's that lumberjacks are considered the manliest of the manly and that popular media has used a dude chopping wood as a device to either get ripped or show off how ripped he is.

That and old westerns and poo poo where the true salt of the earth people chop their own wood and till their own fields with their bare hands.

Nevermind that lumberjacks use saws like any non-retarded person would since they have been around for centuries.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
There was a guy kipping the heck out of some pull ups today at the gym. And people were dropping rubber plates from dizzying heights or half deadlifts every two seconds. They have an isolated CrossFit area to keep them contained. If I'd had my phone at the gym and kept up with the board between sets I could've sent them here. Do you have anything that needs to be picked up and dropped?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mameluke posted:

This is the same premise as the Nathan For You episode, The Movement.

Get the gym bunnies to chop your wood for fitness OP

What's Nathan for You? the movement is a fitness lifestyle event book written by Jack Garbarino

https://www.amazon.ca/Movement-this...ds=the+movement

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

xjohnson posted:

I just see a ***** that would feel like 2 flat rocks put together and also she's physically stronger and would know that well-before we were ********

Yeah I guess I've hammered out some chicks with hard butts and I didn't really like it. I like a big soft butt. With that said I'd still let her do me.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you have homeowner's liability insurance, you should accept the free labor

if you dont, you should ensure any accidents are fatal (bring your own axe)

Diet Coke Can
Jul 25, 2004
I do Crossfit.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
yoga babes > crossfit babes

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yoga babes > crossfit babes

And now a 20 minute time out while everyone whacks it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dave_Indeed posted:

That is a guy you moron. Chicks have tits.

• Locked thread