Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Tornadoes. We all know what they are; giant whirling vortexes of air that look terrifying and sound like a freight train. By sheer coincidence, they happen to form in all of the shittiest parts of America and the meaner ones take the lives of a few idiot hicks and/or poor bastards in mobile homes on the way. I felt like talking about tornadoes because yesterday the south had a "particularly dangerous situation" weather notification up. These notifications are fairly rare, and they usually mean that the weather is very very bad and you are a moron if you go outside. The PDS issued yesterday led to several tornadoes, including one that killed people in Albany, GA.

There is more to a tornado than just windy death, however. Tornadoes are fascinating!

They can be skinny:

They can be fat:

Sometimes Mother Nature even gives birth to twins :kiddo:

Tornadoes can even be sneaky bastards, appearing only in the dead of night or "rain-wrapped":

Tornadoes are loving scary and leave a trail of wrecked poo poo in their wake. The highest rated ones, EF5 (it's not F5 anymore), can completely obliterate houses to their foundations.

Here is a video of an EF4 tornado that looks like the trailer to a horror movie: :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szwd-0tatdo :nms:

And this is an EF5 ripping apart a house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPnbzHvIKs

Talk about tornadoes here! I'm sure midwestern goons have some stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this thread sucks :drac:

or should i say blows :grin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i dont live in a trailer so im safe

also i live in socal so im safe

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
We've got cows.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
My best friend's house got wrecked by a tornado and he had to move out of town. :saddowns:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen a few tornadoes in Ohio and a few in Oklahoma. They are scary and I don't recommend it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

let start from the start

have scientists found out what wind even is?

like what is it?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

One time I made a thread in GBS called "A tornado almost destoried my house."

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

let start from the start

like what is it?

Air molecules are little slippery circles and when the hot ones expand they make the small ones slide down them like a big slide.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

One time I made a thread in GBS called "A tornado almost destoried my house."

I am glad that you survived to shitpost again, friend

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Dreddout posted:

My best friend's house got wrecked by a tornado and he had to move out of town. :saddowns:

poor cows never got the chance to become tasty burgers and steaks :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_26akyADLs

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Jesus Christ posted:

poor cows never got the chance to become tasty burgers and steaks :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_26akyADLs

Enhanced Storm Chaser footage captured of cows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcC5sNHUaE

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Lots of tornado drills in elementary schools but never any tornadoes. The teachers were always strict about us staying balled up silently facing the wall so the only fun part was when somebody farted.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Its like a giant sky dick loving the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

Tornado chasers are insane. Glad we have quality cameras these days though to see the 'nados in all their glory.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pissed off that I live in tornadoville and I've even had my backyard hosed up by one but I've never seen one.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm friends with a storm chaser and his car is beat all to hell.

He finds it fun, but I just don't have the balls to attempt it

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Tornado in VR

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Dreddout posted:

I'm friends with a storm chaser and his car is beat all to hell.

He finds it fun, but I just don't have the balls to attempt it

This is what a professional storm chaser's car looked like after getting caught.

Your friend is insane

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
No major tornadoes but for smaller ones I've been through a few (like bunker down in the basement and wait for a few hours) hell I've even had em touch down within a couple blocks of me but there is almost always ample warning.
However now I'm so desensitized to the sirens I've slept through the last 4 or so tornadoes in my life.

The thing that freaks me out more than a tornado is the one time a microburst hit near me. Those are like someone detonating a bomb in the air and it just levels poo poo in a big circle around it, with hardly any sort of warning whatsoever. Way scarier than a tornado imo.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

extra row of teeth posted:

This is what a professional storm chaser's car looked like after getting caught.

Your friend is insane

Tbf to him he's a meteorology grad student, and yes he is kinda batshit.

I remember when I was a kid an f3 touched down not far from my dad's truck... while we were in the middle of the country.

It traumatized me for life

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Tornadoes are the Ghosts of Giants. God drat you loving stupid OP, everyone loving knows this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Your friend is insane
apparently thats a chevy cobalt

if you intentionally drive your shitbox, GM made, 4 cylinder car into a storm system then you have basically dug your own grave

rest in piss idiots

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One day I'm going to find a tornado and stick my dick in it

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Dammit Twister I want my SGI laptop

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I'm hitting EF5 on my keyboard so I can see the latest and greatest tornado posts as soon as they're posted!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I approve of this thread. Voted 5. Tornadoes are eerily beautiful. The silence, anticipation, and then the sirens are the scariest part.

Besides the death machine. That's probably not cool.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dreddout posted:

did he owe money to big weather or something

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Your friend is insane

did he dead?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

hth posted:

did he dead?

like so ded

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-half-mile.html

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

badass.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hth posted:

badass.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!
Storm chaser sounds like a really racist insult for the guy of an interraciao couple

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

let start from the start

like what is it?

Quantum. :staredog:

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

numberoneposter posted:

let start from the start

like what is it?

Wind is god farting

Tornadoes are like god farting while riding the tilt a whirl, in heaven

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Tornadoes. We all know what they are; giant whirling vortexes of air that look terrifying and sound like a freight train. By sheer coincidence, they happen to form in all of the shittiest parts of America and the meaner ones take the lives of a few idiot hicks and/or poor bastards in mobile homes on the way. I felt like talking about tornadoes because yesterday the south had a "particularly dangerous situation" weather notification up. These notifications are fairly rare, and they usually mean that the weather is very very bad and you are a moron if you go outside. The PDS issued yesterday led to several tornadoes, including one that killed people in Albany, GA.

There is more to a tornado than just windy death, however. Tornadoes are fascinating!

They can be skinny:

They can be fat:

Sometimes Mother Nature even gives birth to twins :kiddo:

Tornadoes can even be sneaky bastards, appearing only in the dead of night or "rain-wrapped":

Tornadoes are loving scary and leave a trail of wrecked poo poo in their wake. The highest rated ones, EF5 (it's not F5 anymore), can completely obliterate houses to their foundations.

Here is a video of an EF4 tornado that looks like the trailer to a horror movie: :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szwd-0tatdo :nms:

And this is an EF5 ripping apart a house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAPnbzHvIKs

Talk about tornadoes here! I'm sure midwestern goons have some stories.

What the gently caress, that first video. Why did the idiot decide to keep filming?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

butterbar posted:

Wind is god farting

Tornadoes are like god farting while riding the tilt a whirl, in heaven

its air on the go

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

YOU rear end in a top hat! YOU BEET ME TO IT!

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
"Tornado" is derived from the Proto-Norse expression "Thor's sneeze".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
As a lifelong Nebraska resident I'd just like to say that tornadoes are scary but also cool.

All these videos are fuckin' nuts, keep 'em coming.

• Locked thread